[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Coming! Hoshidan New Years Banner - From Dec. 31

Coolmanio

Hmm, if it really is Azura, I wonder if she'll be a dancer again. Perhaps a bow dancer this time? Although I don't see a bow there.

Really curious to know what it'll offer, since that'll determine whether I go for Gunnthra this time around or wait for a later time.

Worth noting that if we keep getting a legendary hero banner every month with four seasonal characters in accordance with the same pattern as the first two, we should get the characters from the two summer banners rerun across January/February, the two fall ones across March/April, and the two winter ones across May/June. That's a ways off, but could help with feeling too pressured to get them this time around?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, Takumi... If the other one really is Azura then I guess the remaining units will be Male Corrin and Hinoka, in which case I will be interested in no one. In hindsight that should be good since I get to spend my orbs on something else, but I like to get at least one unit from every seasonal event as a memento. Give me Sakura or Ryoma at the very least, IS, please, or I'll just feel like I'm throwing orbs into the trash.

I won't summon here unless Takumi is a flying archer (he would be sooo cool for my Flier Emblem team).

The second one looks like Azura, but what kind of class would she have here? 

Also considering that these guys will likely wear Yukatas/Kimonos, then there's a good chance of a seasonal Oboro don't you think? She's into fashion and she's quite popular so there's that.

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well there is a bit of a difference between saying something once to express your opinion and beating a dead horse. But that's just me. lol  Nothing wrong with saying you don't like a banner...as long as you don't keep saying if after everyone's gotten the memo. 

Yeah, and I feel like this thread is getting too many complaints, when we get it, some don't like seasonal banners. xP I just feel it kind of ruins the fun for those who are excited.

23 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

And some of us like new characters that get added into the pool. XD People can complain if they want to. There's nothing wrong with it. If I recall, you are often rather vocal about your own distaste of banners too.

Sorry, but I gotta disagree on that one. Seasonal banners don’t stop new characters from getting into pool. There were times were new characters introduced alongside seasonal banners. I really don’t get why people complain about seasonal banners, when we only gain from it. 

I'm with Ana, it's no fun when a thread for a new banner gets filled with negativity. Maybe the general thread would be a better place?

---

It's nice to see that it'll overlap both of the big earlier banners, even if only briefly. I was expecting it to start when the current seasonal banner ended.

Announcing a Legendary Heroes banner and then announcing a new Seasonal Banner that starts THREE DAYS LATER smh. I have like 74 Orbs and i really don't want to have to choose between Gunnthra and Azura, assuming the former isn't free and the latter is part of this banner.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Sorry, but I gotta disagree on that one. Seasonal banners don’t stop new characters from getting into pool. There were times were new characters introduced alongside seasonal banners. I really don’t get why people complain about seasonal banners, when we only gain from it. 

Especially when Legendary Hero banners give you another shot of course who is pick varies.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It's partly the lack of unrepresented characters, and partly the timing, which is coming right after two other banners that contain limited availability units. Not a lot of time to accumulate orbs.

Welp, pretty sure most everyone saw this one coming. At least, that's what it seemed like when we had a topic speculating this before it was even announced.

I probably won't end up pulling from it. I do rather like the Hoshidans, at least more than their Nohrian counterparts, but I don't have much of a taste for seasonal units. Unless there's a unit I really like, and they have really good art, and they don't share their colour with another unit, then I can pretty safely skip this one and have a go at the legendary banner instead. No random impulse pulls like I did for Christmas.

Good luck to anyone who plans on pulling from the banner.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Announcing a Legendary Heroes banner and then announcing a new Seasonal Banner that starts THREE DAYS LATER smh. I have like 74 Orbs and i really don't want to have to choose between Gunnthra and Azura, assuming the former isn't free and the latter is part of this banner.

Bear in mind that Gunnthra will probably be back soon. I saw someone say they said she and Fjorm would return in January, but I haven't seen a source.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, wow, so many complainers. Can you all just go away and let the rest of us be excited? Some of us DO like these seasonal banners, you know.

As much as I like limited banners in general, I don't like how fricking many there are keeping me away from my money, and I don't like how they haven't set any real expectation that limited characters will be obtainable again later outside of Legendary Heroes banners that last only 5 days.

I seriously hope they'll cut back on new limited banners next year and re-run old limited banners. It's starting to annoy me that roughly half of our new character banners are limited at this point. (It's also annoying me that they haven't given us another substantial barracks limit increase yet despite the fact that we're creeping back up towards a 5:1 barracks-to-character ratio again.)

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hope it's not Reina, I actually really hate her.  Although hair's not a great indicator, since they can wear it in different ways.

Hair is actually a great indicator in anime-style art because, unless you're extremely good at making unique faces, it becomes really difficult to tell characters apart from each other or identify characters in the first place otherwise.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Bear in mind that Gunnthra will probably be back soon. I saw someone say they said she and Fjorm would return in January, but I haven't seen a source.

It's in the trailer video at the end.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well there is a bit of a difference between saying something once to express your opinion and beating a dead horse. But that's just me. lol  Nothing wrong with saying you don't like a banner...as long as you don't keep saying if after everyone's gotten the memo. 

At least I know the next banner isn't Dawn Brigade, so that means I can comfortably waste a few orbs on the 8% banner to see if I can get some colorless units!

I just took the survey and told them to stop having so many seasonal banners.  I recommend others do the same.

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

We've only had 2 units Charlotte and Shigure come in on seasonal banners, out of what 32 so far?  The rest are just copies of units we already have.  There's also the fact that only 2 have come from non Awakening/Fates games.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

New characters are inevitable, yes. And honestly, I didn't have an issue with seasonal banners because they gave me a chance to savel...but two in a row is a little much. it's pretty disheartening when we've only had maybe three 4 star characters added to the pool since September. (Oscar, Tailtiu, and Soleil I think). There are so many under-represented characters I'd love to see. But Othin's right. If you wanna' talk about it, we can PM or chat in the general topic. 

Okay I still haven't gotten a christmas hero yet and we literally just heard about the legendary banner. I guess it's their way of stopping the complaints about content being infrequent enough. Oh well, here's hoping I get a christmas unit in the next day or two before it ends and I get a version of the new seasonal that way I at least have one from each seasonal banner.

Also know a person that is excited for special Takumi so kudos to them.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

We've only had 2 units Charlotte and Shigure come in on seasonal banners, out of what 32 so far?  The rest are just copies of units we already have.  There's also the fact that only 2 have come from non Awakening/Fates games.

I agree we need more non-3DS seasonal characters, but how are these characters just copies when they often have entirely different weapons and skills?

Azura is my second favorite character out of all FE games so I'm gonna be stoked if it's her.

I loathe Takumi though so I'll only be bothering to pull his color if he has amazing skills which I'll then happily off him in passing them onto another character. 

It will be awesome when the other two are revealed. Hopefully I like them both, it's always more fun pulling on a banner when you want/like all or most of the units. Winter Envoy was the most fun I've had pulling on a banner in a long time.

My only beef is that I wish they'd chill with the Royals and Awakening. It had to be this way since Takumi, Ryoma, and Hinoka are all lacking an alt when compared to their Nohrian counterparts, so I'm not complaining that Hoshido's getting the banner, I'm moreso annoyed that they've worked the whole set in a way that they would need to be dragged out here.

Hoshido and Nohr could have, and should have, shared a few of these seasonals.

Anyway, not too pumped for Takumi, and kind of dreading male Corrin, but the rest should be fun. Just wish it wasn't right on top of the damn legendary banner.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, wow, so many complainers. Can you all just go away and let the rest of us be excited? Some of us DO like these seasonal banners, you know.

Seasonal banners (in general, not just for FEH) exist primarily to pressure players into pulling for characters they may or may not want because they will not have access to them for a long time, if ever. Even if you like them, they should be treated as bittersweet unless you're pouring money into the game like no tomorrow, because nothing about their existence is necessarily good for the long-term health of the game and their only real benefit is providing fun thematic content that, in FEH, provides new artwork for existing popular characters.

In Fire Emblem Heroes, now, this works out pretty well if you happen to be a fan of Awakening, Conquest, or Lyn. We might finally be able to fully include Birthright into this soon, at least. But if you're here, you should know very well that that's only a fraction of the fanbase, and since these are the only people they make any effort to appeal to with these limited-time units (that are now receiving powerful boosts to make them increasingly necessary to pull for even if you do not like the characters in question), it should come as no surprise that this only further exacerbates the well-justified animosity many people have for predatory seasonal banners.

Fans of Awakening and Fates are not entirely without cause for concern, either: one might notice that the seasonal characters are, for the most part (the recent December banner excluded), the only characters from these games to be introduced since the game's launch. I don't think it's really ideal, either, that fans of these two games need to be unrepentantly screwed over by having almost every banner involving them be limited-time variations upon existing units.

And then there's a few simple details that add a neat little cherry on top of it all: for one, no characters get demoted to 4* from seasonal banners, which means that the 4* pool remains stagnant. The huge presence of seasonal banners is one contributing factor to there being only four demotions since August (i.e. Seth, Oscar, Tailtiu, and Soleil). Seasonal banners also do not have a corresponding Grand Hero Battle (e.g. we got Valter with Sacred World and Arvis with World of Holy War), and may be a factor in the reduction of those, too. But honestly I think the silliest thing here is having two seasonal banners in a row, one of which being required to perform effectively in the Tempest Trial, with a Legendary Banner serving as intermission right between them -- that's pretty on-the-nose, even for this game. Hopefully they at least hand out a free Gunnthra, because if not, haha, that would be a pretty funny sequence of banners for the people still playing this.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's in the trailer video at the end.

So it is. Thanks.

---

Update is out! The character count is 204, so it looks like it's time to see who these are and what they do.