Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

6 minutes ago, Clogon said:

I joined Tharja due to RNG. With Lissa gaining multiplier for the next 2 hours, Tharja is done.

How about we wait and see how much Tharja got this hour before jumping to conclusions? I'm not entirely sure Lissa could recover in time if Tharja topped 4 billion this hour, especially if Lissa's last multiplier hour was just her team over-performing. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ciarre said:

No, I mean hold onto the multiplier to unleash at a later time. I don't really care about using flags, I have a lot left over. I think I'll save them for the last hour so I don't help trigger same hell for Ryouma lol

Well, if the rest of the team somehow did the same thing, sure, but I don't think this is gonna be one of those situations where a single person's effort makes the difference. Azura's potentially screwed unless Ryoma people really overshoot it.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

How about we wait and see how much Tharja got this hour before jumping to conclusions? I'm not entirely sure Lissa could recover in time if Tharja topped 4 billion this hour, especially if Lissa's last multiplier hour was just her team over-performing. 

Even if we gain 4 billion this hour. Lissa gained 1.7 last hour and will most likely get at least the same amount in the next 2 hours which is a 5.1 boost. We need at least a 5 billion jump this hour to stand a good chance of winning.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I hope we make it. Likely 2 bonus hours for Lissa could make things very tight at the least.

Edit: Welp, looks like Tharja really underperformed. Unless Lissa gets things into same status somehow after this, we might be screwed.

Edited by Alkaid

Just now, Clogon said:

Even if we gain 4 billion this hour. Lissa gained 1.7 last hour and will most likely get at least the same amount in the next 2 hours which is a 5.1 boost. We need at least a 5 billion jump this hour to stand a good chance of winning.

As much as I'd like for this to be the case Tharja has done a pretty decent job at staying ahead of lissa coupled with the fact her  final push seems to be happening right now with a bigger overall army it's pretty much game, set, and match for lissa I hope to eat my words though

Edited by MisfitMiju

4 minutes ago, Ciarre said:

No, I mean hold onto the multiplier to unleash at a later time. I don't really care about using flags, I have a lot left over. I think I'll save them for the last hour so I don't help trigger same hell for Ryouma lol

Erm, I think you might not understand how this works. You do not "hold onto" a multiplier, and you can't wait to "unleash [it] at a later time." The multiplier is only available when a specific condition is met, and it is only available on that hour. The multiplier is only available on hours where your team's points are a certain percentage point less than your opponent's.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Erm, I think you might not understand how this works. You do not "hold onto" a multiplier, and you can't wait to "unleash [it] at a later time." The multiplier is only available when a specific condition is met, and it is only available on that hour. The multiplier is only available on hours where your team's points are a certain percentage point less than your opponent's.

You can enter the battle during the multiplier and then wait til after the hour to finish it and spend flags, and it'll give you the multiplier value your team going into that fight.

Just now, Johann said:

You can enter the battle during the multiplier and then wait til after the hour to finish it and spend flags, and it'll give you the multiplier value your team going into that fight.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with either what I said, or what the person in question said.

9 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Again, that's assuming Lissa's last multiplier hour wasn't an anomaly. She pretty much has to replicate that twice and if she doesn't do so for one of these last two hours, she'll likely fall up short.

Ryoma might have a chance too, Azura didn't go ahead as far as I thought she would either. o.o

But down with Tharja! I don't care who goes to the final anymore as long as she loses!

12 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

As much as I'd like for this to be the case Tharja has done a pretty decent job at staying ahead of lissa coupled with the fact her  final push seems to be happening right now with a bigger overall army it's pretty much game, set, and match for lissa I hope to eat my words though

I guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

At 16-17hr PST, Lissa gained 1.7B.

At 17-18hr PST, Tharja gained 4.1B.

At 18-19hr PST, Lissa potentially gains 1.7B.

At 19-End, Lissa potentially gains 1.7B.

Total for the last 4hrs, Lissa gains 5.1B and Tharja gains 4.1B. Lissa wins. Which is why I said Tharja needed 5.1B to stand a chance.

edit:

Quoted wrong person.

Edited by Clogon

Hm, Ryoma may very well get the last multiplier, if he does it's done.

Still blowing my last 200 flags, not chancing it and it's not worth a 7.4x vs a 7.5x multiplier. Especially when I don't even have any Lobster to begin with.

Just now, Clogon said:

Total for the last 4hrs, Lissa gains 5.1B and Tharja gains 4.1B. Lissa wins.

Why are you quoting me? I am on Team Azura. Try to keep things straight, mkay?

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Sure, but that has nothing to do with either what I said, or what the person in question said.

No, that's exactly what I was talking about. If you stay on the flag select screen you can hold onto it for as long as you want. 

So....Airzura is going to fall? I refuse to accept that, there's still hope that Ryoma will go nuts and force a Same hell during the last hour (even if it is small I'll believe until the last second). 

If the worst happens then I'm going with Lissa.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

So....Airzura is going to fall? I refuse to accept that, there's still hope that Ryoma will go nuts and force a Same hell during the last hour (even if it is small I'll believe until the last second). 

If the worst happens then I'm going with Lissa.

It's definitely possible that both Ryoma and Lissa overshoot their safe range. Lissa's in a pretty safe spot, but Ryoma is sort of riding the edge.

Just now, Clogon said:

Total for the last 4hrs, Lissa gains 5.1B and Tharja gains 4.1B. Lissa wins.

edit:

Quoted wrong person.

Don't get me wrong I understand what you're saying I'm just saying it's still to early to call it right now especially with the possibility of lissa overshooting and essentially awarding tharja her victory

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Part of me wants Ryoma to win just for the hilarity of the only non-seasonal unit winning the seasonal gauntlet.

That would indeed be hilarious. lol

Don't really give a shit who wins between Ryoma and Azura. I have both so I'll get bonus points either way, missing out on victory feathers would be lame but I can get 500 feathers from any of my non-HM maxed heroes anyway.

This gauntlet and tempest trial cycle has been the absolute worst, so fucking tedious. I'll all holiday'd out, not that I had much holiday cheer in the first place.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, MisfitMiju said:

Don't get me wrong I understand what you're saying I'm just saying it's still to early to call it right now especially with the possibility of lissa overshooting and essentially awarding tharja her victory

Lissa needs to get 3B, double what she got before to overshoot. The only chance Tharja has is to hope Lissa underperforms even more than Fae did against Ninian.

24 minutes ago, Johann said:

Well, if the rest of the team somehow did the same thing, sure, but I don't think this is gonna be one of those situations where a single person's effort makes the difference. Azura's potentially screwed unless Ryoma people really overshoot it.

Eh, it's worth a shot, anyway. Either way I'll just use it during the last hour on both of my accounts and hope for the best.