Little Icons...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have nothing extra to add, there's no real need to reply ^^;;;

We usually made decisions based on logic, not on how many people agree or disagree (if that is an important factor, that's what polls are for).

Anyway, Royals can delete posts? o___o

You don't need custom group icons- you have avatars! :P (Or you could even attempt to make a pseudo-group icon and upload it as your ava, as long as it doesn't look too similar to current ones in case people mistake you for someone special.)

Groups icons are intended for distinguishing groups of people, and here the main groups are general members (no group icon) and staff (yes group icon).

I think it could work for Royals. I mean, Herons got this awesome ability to close their own topic, but Royals only get a different colored name. Maybe a icon could supplement this privilige? I'm okay with it not being custom but not Rafiel.

I think it could work for Royals. I mean, Herons got this awesome ability to close their own topic, but Royals only get a different colored name. Maybe a icon could supplement this privilige? I'm okay with it not being custom but not Rafiel.

I sent Wist NTG and Vincent a PM about it (I PMed it so ppl DONT know what the qualifications are so they dont go like "OK IMMA SPAM LIKE SHIT" or something)

There's no other herons to use for a potential Royal badge, besides Rafiel : /

There's Lehran, but that's too spoiler-y

Well, Josh has Nealicahuifhaspn or whatever his name is, couldn't you use Vika/Naseala?

I don't mean custom ones.

Just regular group icons would work. It doesn't split us up, it would just show how much we have contributed to the site/how long we've been here by a picture instead of text. I know it isn't needed but it would look nice for people to have.

Who didn't like the Rafael one? (Rhetorical Question) I would have liked it...

...That's how you spell Nealuchi...

And, yeah, I never liked Rafiel, but Rafiel>>Squares.

That's what goes away if we get a group icon? Group Icon >>>>>>>>> Squares. I hate those things, they look plain while everything else on the site looks colorful. (Even though the only color is green)XD

To be honest I don't like the idea because of the amount of confusion it could cause. Newcomers could mistake people for staff members because they see the icon, so they may interpret, "member," as a staff, "member." Not to mention people without avatars it can cause confusion even more. People can see that and assume someone is male, when they might be female, possibly causing someone to be insulted, because we all know there are members too lazy to check.

I think Royals have enough privileges as it is.

To be honest I don't like the idea because of the amount of confusion it could cause. Newcomers could mistake people for staff members because they see the icon, so they may interpret, "member," as a staff, "member." Not to mention people without avatars it can cause confusion even more. People can see that and assume someone is male, when they might be female, possibly causing someone to be insulted, because we all know there are members too lazy to check.

I think Royals have enough privileges as it is.

Newcomers wouldn't mistake normal members for staff members when they see that ~95% of the members has the normal member icon.

How would it cause confusion when someone has no avatar? Please explain.

As for the male and female issue, that's also nonsense. There's those little blue and pink icons which tell which gender a member is.

Newcomers wouldn't mistake normal members for staff members when they see that ~95% of the members has the normal member icon.

How would it cause confusion when someone has no avatar? Please explain.

As for the male and female issue, that's also nonsense. There's those little blue and pink icons which tell which gender a member is.

I'm saying for the lazier, not as experienced forum goer members, as you and I both know there are people who may join that would make such a mistake.

Also if you have no avatar people might mistake the icon for your avatar, and the little blue and pink icons don't appear unless you click someone's name, does little good to someone who never used IPB before. I'm not saying everyone would make these mistakes, but it's best to avoid confusion whenever we can.

Also as I said before, Royals have enough privileges, there's no need to give them more.

I'm saying for the lazier, not as experienced forum goer members, as you and I both know there are people who may join that would make such a mistake.

Also if you have no avatar people might mistake the icon for your avatar, and the little blue and pink icons don't appear unless you click someone's name, does little good to someone who never used IPB before. I'm not saying everyone would make these mistakes, but it's best to avoid confusion whenever we can.

Also as I said before, Royals have enough privileges, there's no need to give them more.

I'm sorry, but then those members are simply ignoring a lot of things. They're just acting dumb in that case. If I see 95% of the members with that icon, then I don't assume they're staff members.

I'm personally a pretty lazy person, but I'm not that lazy. If one is so incredibly lazy, then he/she should consider going to a doctor or something, since something's not right then.

Yes, I realize that. Still, if it's really that big an issue, then it's also perfectly possible to make an icon with a female bird for the female members.

And an icon is not a privilege. It's more something for recognition (spelling?)

Yes, I realize that. Still, if it's really that big an issue, then it's also perfectly possible to make an icon with a female bird for the female members.

That would require an entire new forum modification, which I do not think exists.

Er, no, not really.

Female members can just request an icon for females :mellow:

Still, I don't see your problem. If members are so lazy to check whether someone is male or female or whether there are many people with the member group icon, then there's something wrong with those people.

I don't see how it would cause a lot of confusion.

Not too sure if anybody commented about this, but group icons (any) for regular members is a definite no-no.

Also, to re-emphasise, Royals aren't getting group icons anytime soon.

As for judges, I'll have to wait and see : o