Little Icons...

Not too sure if anybody commented about this, but group icons (any) for regular members is a definite no-no.

Also, to re-emphasise, Royals aren't getting group icons anytime soon.

As for judges, I'll have to wait and see : o

Seriously, I don't see why not, actually.

It doesn't hurt anything, but only makes the forum more graphically attractive.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a poll should be created to help decide whether we need these icons or not.

I don't think we can come up with a decision at this rate...

Edited by Luxord

Seriously, I don't see why not, actually.

It doesn't hurt anything, but only makes the forum more graphically attractive.

Well, you could say the same thing about changing the forum skin colour to purple. It doesn't make much difference either way, so I'll just make the decision myself ^^;;;

Anyway, it doesn't seem like much people have been bothered by the lack of group icons (even during the time that they were removed), so that's one reason to remain this way.

Edited by VincentASM

We do not need them, but they do make a graphical improvement.

I agree. And since I see this is going fifty-fifty...why not make a poll and see what everyone thinks?

I agree. And since I see this is going fifty-fifty...why not make a poll and see what everyone thinks?

Hope I don't sound obnoxious, but because I said no : P

It's not just me. NTG, who made the group icons, doesn't want member icons either.

However, if it turns out everybody wants in on member icons...

Edited by VincentASM

Well, you could say the same thing about changing the forum skin colour to purple. It doesn't make much difference either way, so I'll just make the decision myself ^^;;;

Anyway, it doesn't seem like much people have been bothered by the lack of group icons (even during the time that they were removed), so that's one reason to remain this way.

No, you couldn't, since our current skin is very attractive already. The little green boxes below a member's avatar, however, are less attractive than a possible group icon.

I also don't see how it would bother people when we do have them.

Hope I don't sound obnoxious, but because I said no : P

It's not just me. NTG, who made the group icons, doesn't want member icons either.

However, if it turns out everybody wants in on member icons...

Naw, Vincent, you dont sound obnoxious at all. You are the boss, its your call, and whatever that call turns out to be, we have to accept it. ^^

I guess it isn't a definite no, or else it would have been closed.

Pros and Cons:

PROS:

-Looks better than squares

-Users seem to want them again/first time having them

-You can let members choose to have them or not. (IE, have an option to turn it on or off)

CONS:

-Users didn't like the Rafael icon

Really, there isn't anything wrong with this.

Plus, if you really are too lazy or confused and look at a member icon and think it's an avatar, wow. This was my first forum, and even I knew the difference between the mod icons from their avatar.

If you look at a pic with a heron and the word "royal" next to it and see it for multiple ppl and you assume its their avatar, ur just an idiot to be blunt about it. And the whole "Ppl who dont have avatars" thing is invalid. All the royals have avatars and always do and this is about the royals getting one,not every member so yeah theres no way for confusion.

If you look at a pic with a heron and the word "royal" next to it and see it for multiple ppl and you assume its their avatar, ur just an idiot to be blunt about it. And the whole "Ppl who dont have avatars" thing is invalid. All the royals have avatars and always do and this is about the royals getting one,not every member so yeah theres no way for confusion.

lol My topic is about EVERYONE getting one, not just royals. That isn't really fair.