62 members have voted

1. 1. The 2 Reavers

• Nolan
    • Boyd

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're lucky, that is. 12 strength isn't bad in itself, but it is in a world where Steel Axe's weigh 15 and you only have 10 base speed. That means 7 base attack speed, equal with Micaiah, and lower than pretty much everyone elses base in part 1. Early game, yes, and he's likely to gain more speed, yes, but he'll likely be weighed down by that axe for a while, and you can't get an iron one for 3 more chapters. At that point, you don't need him anymore if you so choose not to use him.

High HP and average defense save his ass, so hopefully he isn't being doubled.

I agree, his starting strength is really terrible and makes him a huge liability in hard mode, BUT that's only because they oddly give him a steel axe instead of an Iron one. Lucky for him, you can pick up a Handaxe in the map he joins on and more or less rely on that for awhile, because he most likely won't be doubled while using it.

It shouldn't totally erode by the time you can pick up an Iron axe, assuming you're spreading out your offense among everyone.

I'm kind of surprised, Fox. Usually you like people that are hassles because they feel more rewarding once you make them godly. :)

I still think that the Dawn Brigade needs an entire extra part to themselves. Let's say, like, 5 more chapters. It'd make the game a bit longer, I realize, but it'd go a long ways towards making me like the units in that party a whole lot more.

I'm kind of surprised, Fox. Usually you like people that are hassles because they feel more rewarding once you make them godly. :)

I am. I've just never seen Nolan become godly. He's always average at best.

Take this in:

Nolan and Meg, same level (16). I'll get the pics later, but Meg ties or beats him in every stat except skill (-1) and HP, obviously. AND I RIGGED NOLAN'S LEVELS. I didn't rig Meg at all.

Take this in:

Nolan and Meg, same level (16). I'll get the pics later, but Meg ties or beats him in every stat except skill (-1) and HP, obviously. AND I RIGGED NOLAN'S LEVELS. I didn't rig Meg at all.

Yeah, why is Meg level 16? :mellow: You can't say you have a bad Nolan when he's not THAT leveled up.

Yeah, why is Meg level 16? :mellow: You can't say you have a bad Nolan when he's not THAT leveled up.

It's my DB slaughterfest. I realize this isn't comparing Nolan to Boyd, but when his stats are lower than those of a character who is generally considered bad, that's just sad.

Personally, though I haven't really used Nolan seriously, I find Boyd to be better.

I mean Nolan has mediocre speed growths at best, but Boyd is a slaughter house.

Nolan loses out just because he's on the dawn brigade, who lose out on loads of screentime and EXP. And like with Fox, my Nolan always gets STR screwed. Boyd only gets speed screwed for me, and it's something that can easily be fixed with some BEXP abuse.

But remember, I've never actually used Nolan seriously.

FE needs some characters with orange hair. I don't think there's any to my knowledge.

Lethe and Lyre come to mind. Otherwise, I'm not sure about others.

Anyway, Nolan's facial hair >>>> Boyd's facial hair. Especially since Boyd lacks it.

^ Agreed.

Well, I've only done one playthrough and used Nolan. He ended up very good.

I didn't use Boyd because I thought one Reaver was enough. Guess I was wrong.

Too bad. I had to return the Wii to my friend, so I gave him Dawn too.