• Nolan
    • Boyd

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*checks to see what topic this is*

oh yeah, the reaver poll. Got confused with something else XD

Nolan is the winner. Nolan is DB's savior while Boyd is just another GM.

I think the poll is who will be better if they battled each other

• 4 months later...
Seriously. When I fix Nolan's strength, he just transfers the problems to speed and skill. At least I can always rely on Boyd.

we seem to agree on almost everything FE related.

Both are solid units. I've had better personal experience with Nolan, and I find him a lot more valuable where he is than I find Boyd where he is, but Boyd is Boyd.

I guess I prefer Nolan.

I chose Nolan because he got one hell of a beard. Also because I've yet to try out RD Boyd.

Apart from his strength, every other stat was really impressive, capping nearly everything except defense, but that's nothing his axe couldn't fix.

Edited by Raven

Boyd. Nolan is a challenge for Haar, and Haar is god so we can't have anyone challenging Haar's power.

I totally agree with this post.

I voted Boyd.

Hmm.

I'd say both are pretty even for me, the only reason I used Boyd over Nolan was because I used him in PoR, had bonuses and felt that he had more screentime. Though when the RNG was being a bully, I had to toss Blossom on Boyd to even things out. I'm sure Nolan would be amazing too if I threw Blossom on him and used him more during Part One rather than use Jill. (Jill > Boyd and Nolan)

Though Boyd or Nolan + Urvan dealt the most damage during the Endgames of part four. (I don't use Laguz Royals, they'd probably do twice as much for no effort.)

Nolan, he can double attack, has great affinity, and doesn't get his butt kicked in Maniac Mode. Also, based on personal experience, he has a perfect record of maxing out stats, just like Haar.

Edited by Kintenbo

Man, tough choice. Usually I'd go down to intangibles for this but both guys have a pretty significant one. Nolan's got a unique pwnsauce axe which frees up Urvan for another axe unit and is earth support, whereas Boyd gets more screentime, bonds with his brothers, and can do their triangle attack.

I'm gonna have to go with Nolan on this one because he's got just about the best average stat gains per level in the entire game so he's easy to BEXP abuse up to godlike status whereas Boyd has speed problems.

addendum: My vote made it an even 50/50.

Edited by sandmanccl

Nolan, he can double attack, has great affinity, and doesn't get his butt kicked in Maniac Mode.

Then why is my current MEG (lv 10) doubling while my current NOLAN (lv 16) isn't?

And when Nolan does double, he either can't hit or can't kill.

Nolan, he can double attack, has great affinity, and doesn't get his butt kicked in Maniac Mode.

well he does come at a high level, so its no surprise he can double attack. And affinity... uh, how does that help him?

Nolan takes some time to get useful, no doubt about that. He has pretty terrible base stats, but around level 10 or so as a Warrior, he's usually good enough to be helpful even in the part 4 maps.

@ CGV: affinity = earth = dodge = helpful

Edited by sandmanccl

@ CGV: affinity = earth = dodge = helpful

......I knew that.....

but personally I wish he had an affinity that helped him get more strength because Nolan can take a hit, so he doesn't need to dodge all that much, he just needs to do damage back