calling it now

Marbels

we're gonna get a playable version of Story Veronica shortly before CYL Veronica. why? because every CYL Winner suddenly now has an extra unit version (Hector, Celica, and now Ephraim) within the past few weeks.

what do ya'll think?

Personally, I'm thinking some of this was coincidence. I'm predicting IS has plans on focusing on one or 2 games a year for seasonals (happened to be Elibe this year), and Celica just sort of came out in a themed batch (Fallen Heroes). Ephraim? I honestly can't say anything there except that the alts have all been really inconsistent in how they were implemented and happened to occur around the same time. We did get a lot of other alts after all (Ike, Eliwood, Roy, Lilina, Lyn, Grima, Hardin, and Takumi).

Edited by Arcphoenix

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except those were all likely planned before they became the second CYL winners. It's a coincidence, nothing more.

true, that could also mean they were considering eventually giving out Veronica and the other OCs(just not so soon) but then they pushed ahead with making both version(an alt and CYL) after the fact and just churned them all out at once.

I dunno. If they're giving every CYL winner alts before CYL proper comes, then it's more likely that we'll get Seasonal Veronica before we get CYL Veronica than it is that we'll get Story Veronica before CYL Veronica, since Story Veronica wouldn't actually be an alt, since she's the original version.

And now I'm trying to picture the Heroes villains on a Seasonal banner. Summer Loki is the first thing that came to mind. Also Surtr in a tuxedo for some reason.

Although, I wouldn't mind getting Story Veronica before or around the same time as CYL Veronica... if they adjust Elivagar to match the powercreep that's happened over the last year-and-then-some since Heroes came out. Or at least give her cool skills.
And hopefully make her a free unit you get via Story mode, like they did with Fjorm.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Although, I wouldn't mind getting Story Veronica before or around the same time as CYL Veronica... if they adjust Elivagar to match the powercreep that's happened over the last year-and-then-some since Heroes came out. Or at least give her cool skills.
And hopefully make her a free unit you get via Story mode, like they did with Fjorm.

My guess is that Elivagar's upgrade will be some similar to Chill Spd 3 or Chilling Seal to keep her as a debuffer.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

My guess is that Elivagar's upgrade will be some similar to Chill Spd 3 or Chilling Seal to keep her as a debuffer.

Ah, I'd like to keep her as a debuffer, and that would be pretty cool... though personally I'd kinda like it if she had some kind of effect where she gave the highest-HP enemy DEF/RES +7... and also Panicked them. It'd make her her very unique, even if I'm not sure how effective it would be.

Now I wanna build a hypothetical playable Veronica... I'm gonna go put something together in Create-A-Hero.

I still have a burning hatred for Elivagar because of the first TT. The only chance my first team could beat her is if Kagero had Desperation up. A part of me wants for it to never get buffed out of spite.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I still have a burning hatred for Elivagar because of the first TT. The only chance my first team could beat her is if Kagero had Desperation up. A part of me wants for it to never get buffed out of spite.

It's most likely going to get buffed, though. Legion's Axe and the Trick Or Defeat weapons (most notably, Henry's Spectral Tome+, which is the same color and only has 2 less MT than Elivagar), with the exception of the Kitty Paddle+, can be refined to have a better version of Elivagar's Panic Smoke effect, so as a legendary weapon Elivagar's gotta get buffed to stand above these inheritable weapons.

Also, I wasn't around for the first TT. Was Veronica really that bad back then?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

She was pretty rough, although I think part of it was that we all had weaker teams back then. Personally, I have about five times as many unique 5*s now as I did during that TT, which makes it a lot easier to find relevant units.

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

It's most likely going to get buffed, though. Legion's Axe and the Trick Or Defeat weapons (most notably, Henry's Spectral Tome+, which is the same color and only has 2 less MT than Elivagar), with the exception of the Kitty Paddle+, can be refined to have a better version of Elivagar's Panic Smoke effect, so as a legendary weapon Elivagar's gotta get buffed to stand above these inheritable weapons.

The first TT in general was horrendous, I quit it completely the second I hit 30k points (for the free 5* Masked Marth). Amazing as the QP seal is, there was no way I'd subject myself to another 20k points of that torture. No multipliers, no daily incentive, horrendous map selection, and the points awarded for anything except Lunatic 7 were so low as to be non-viable. I don't remember the exact unit stats, but player power back then would have been far less than it is now, whereas the enemies would be inflated to a similar degree. Many people wouldn't have yet had the opportunity (or reason) to build multiple good teams either.

Looking now at the wiki page for it, there were only three difficulties, and the middle one only gave *half* the points of the top one. Ugh.

26 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

She was crazy strong, fast, and durable. To add injury to injury, she had QP and gleefully Bonfired you if she doubled.

And the final map layout wasn’t a fun one.

Truly the hardest tempest boss since the introduction of the mode in June.

22 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The first TT in general was horrendous, I quit it completely the second I hit 30k points (for the free 5* Masked Marth). Amazing as the QP seal is, there was no way I'd subject myself to another 20k points of that torture. No multipliers, no daily incentive, horrendous map selection, and the points awarded for anything except Lunatic 7 were so low as to be non-viable. I don't remember the exact unit stats, but player power back then would have been far less than it is now, whereas the enemies would be inflated to a similar degree. Many people wouldn't have yet had the opportunity (or reason) to build multiple good teams either.

Looking now at the wiki page for it, there were only three difficulties, and the middle one only gave *half* the points of the top one. Ugh.

...Wow. That sounds like a painful grind. Makes me glad I missed it.
Also glad they learned from their mistakes on that one, since Tempest Trials are something I rather enjoy now.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

She was pretty rough, although I think part of it was that we all had weaker teams back then. Personally, I have about five times as many unique 5*s now as I did during that TT, which makes it a lot easier to find relevant units.

Yeah, I could see Sigurd in particular being a good counter to Veronica, since he's got WTA and Divine Tyrfing to tank her easily.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She was crazy strong, fast, and durable. To add injury to injury, she had QP and gleefully Bonfired you if she doubled.

Wait, she had a Sacred Seal? Why haven't they done that for a TT boss again?

Seriously, why do I rarely see Sacred Seals on enemies unless it's a Seal that makes someone invincible?

...Back on topic, I kinda wonder how we'll get Story Veronica. You guys think she'll be a free unit at the end of some chapter, or will we have to pull for her? Or maybe she'll be a Grand Hero Battle? I'm actually kinda curious about this now.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Idk i remember her having piss poor resistance. So my 5* tharja crushed her ez.
problem was getting her there on the hardest difficulty was a pain lol

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Seriously, why do I rarely see Sacred Seals on enemies unless it's a Seal that makes someone invincible?

Because it's kinda unnecessary beyond wanting to show off that seal in particular. All sorts of enemies in GHBs and the like have their CDs pre-charged without the need for a seal, they can just set the charge behind the scenes so there's no reason for it. Same with ones that increase stats, no point giving them a +3 Atk seal when they can just manually set the Atk to any value they like.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Because it's kinda unnecessary beyond wanting to show off that seal in particular. All sorts of enemies in GHBs and the like have their CDs pre-charged without the need for a seal, they can just set the charge behind the scenes so there's no reason for it. Same with ones that increase stats, no point giving them a +3 Atk seal when they can just manually set the Atk to any value they like.

True. I guess it just bugs me that they introduced this and then used it so sparingly, and even then just to make someone incapable of dying on some Defense maps.

I get what you're saying about QP and Stat+ seals being unnecessary, but they could at least use it to give enemies stuff like Hardy Bearing (which I don't think I've ever seen anyone use), or Quick Riposte with a different B Skill, or double-Savage Blow/Poison Strike, or ATK & SPD Smoke, or stuff like that.

For the first TT I needed to bust out Sophia to deal with Veronica. And even then, the only way she would be able to kill her was with green tomebreaker and her special charged. She also had to be the first to attack to activate warding blow and not die.

24 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I mean true but Iote Shield, QR, Heavy Blade, Close/Distant Def, Armored Boots, and other seals can’t exactly be replaced by simple stat increases or CD reductions. Lots of them open up pretty valuable A or B slots to further take advantage of.

Don't take my word strongly, but Veronica shows no signs of ever wanting to join the Askrian royalty. And if she really does turn out to abandon the Múspell forces , that alone. for gameplay purposes, is doubtful because there would otherwise be no way for Book 2 to feature new Heroes in their maps unless she decides to attack the Askr forces separate from Múspell, or plot convenience Múspell can also summon heroes/steals Veronicas power to.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Don't take my word strongly, but Veronica shows no signs of ever wanting to join the Askrian royalty. And if she really does turn out to abandon the Múspell forces , that alone. for gameplay purposes, is doubtful because there would otherwise be no way for Book 2 to feature new Heroes in their maps unless she decides to attack the Askr forces separate from Múspell, or plot convenience Múspell can also summon heroes/steals Veronicas power to.

Fallen Veronica, where she got possessed by good guys

I had a Sanaki with green tomebreaker, so I was happy enough.

That being said, I hadn't worked out at the time how to make it through the trials with only one team, so Sanaki would always be on my second team.

I don't agree with the opening statement, though. I don't really see Veronica getting an alt before the CYL, unless the story drastically shifts. I know summoning units and the story doesn't always mesh (really, they should have held off on Gunnthra until she was in the story properly) but I can't see it...

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm sure they can come up with some justification for some non-Veronica enemy to take over summoning duties eventually. But not necessarily soon.

Edited by Othin

The first Tempest Trials was not too bad for me. I ran BB!Cordelia, Olivia, Azura, and Lucina and went through each run pretty quickly. BB!Cordelia and the Dancers/Singers did most of the work while Lucina sat back and healed until she is needed to one round Veronica.

I am not sure if we are going to get Veronica at all though. It might be a little weird to kill enemy Veronica with ally Veronica in the Story Maps.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure if we are going to get Veronica at all though. It might be a little weird to kill enemy Veronica with ally Veronica in the Story Maps.

I think we are already beyond that point of worry when we can have a team of 4 Lucinas (3 Lucinas and 1 Lucina with a mask), 4 Lyns, or even 4 Robins out of a possible 5.

Plus it does seem that there are other Askr worlds separate from the ones in our own games, though it kinda feels like people want the Veronica we actually interact with rather than a separate reality Veronica.