Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Peach desperately needs a new one, and I think it's safe to assume she will get one.

Probably. Peach's Final Smash was pretty lame but that aside, seeing as how they're trying to get Final Smashes that are quick and straight to the point, it's pretty likely that Peach will get a new one, with Daisy also having it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Probably. Peach's Final Smash was pretty lame but that aside, seeing as how they're trying to get Final Smashes that are quick and straight to the point, it's pretty likely that Peach will get a new one, with Daisy also having it.

Either they've made peaches normal consumables... or they didn't change Peach's final smash at all and instead reverted it to the way it was in Brawl. (Technically, it is quick and to the point.)

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Either they've made peaches normal consumables... or they didn't change Peach's final smash at all and instead reverted it to the way it was in Brawl. (Technically, it is quick and to the point.)

I do like Peach's final smashes for the variation it brings, for the same reason I'm a little disappointed transformation final smashes are gone. And Peach's final smashes isn't that bad when you think of it as a gaurateed hit with a fully charged forward Smash, which will probably deal more damage than most final smashes if it fails to kill. It also provides a heal, so pretty useful compared to the do or die powerful hits which more often than not miss.

Daisy having a Final Smash that spits out peaches doesn't make sense anyway, so either she'd have to get something different from Peach, or Peach would have to get something different that makes more sense for Daisy to also use.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What would those flowers do? Flowers aren't food like peaches.

I imagine if it is like Peach's, it'll just plant Lip's Stick on everyone.

What would those flowers do? Flowers aren't food like peaches.

I mean it doesn't make any more sense that peaches heal than flowers. They could make it so that the flowers are those weapons that give people flowers on their heads instead of Peaches who heal you.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I mean it doesn't make any more sense that peaches heal than flowers. They could make it so that the flowers are those weapons that give people flowers on their heads instead of Peaches who heal you.

That would be ideal, as long as those flowers appeared on opponents' heads automatically. Otherwise, players would just avoid touching the flowers and the move wouldn't have really done anything.

That would be ideal, as long as those flowers appeared on opponents' heads automatically. Otherwise, players would just avoid touching the flowers and the move wouldn't have really done anything.

How would players avoid touching flowers if they're asleep?

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

How would players avoid touching flowers if they're asleep?

What do you mean asleep? And if they are, if the flowers don't land on or near opponents, they're still useless.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What do you mean asleep? And if they are, if the flowers don't land on or near opponents, they're still useless.

Well I meant that if it would work like Peach's final smash, that would make the opponents fall asleep and huzzah, they cant avoid the flowers.

Just now, Michelaar said:

Well I meant that if it would work like Peach's final smash, that would make the opponents fall asleep and huzzah, they cant avoid the flowers.

I don't remember Peach's FS making people fall asleep. But then again, I never used her since I don't like her, so that's probably why I don't remember this.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't remember Peach's FS making people fall asleep. But then again, I never used her since I don't like her, so that's probably why I don't remember this.

Yeah it makes everyone on the ground fall asleep as well as it drops peaches everywhere. Honestly, not that bad.

A newcomer announcemnt would be cool!

But where is that article getting the idea of 25 newcomers? That is so unrealistic that there hasn't even been a single Smash game that had that many period.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A newcomer announcemnt would be cool!

But where is that article getting the idea of 25 newcomers? That is so unrealistic that there hasn't even been a single Smash game that had that many period.

Article is a bit unrealistic yes, I'm more focused on that 15th date and NoJs tease than their speculation.

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Maybe they'll have Daisy's final smash be flowers instead of peaches.

Personally, I find that to be a bit lame. They could just reference Mario Strikers Charged and have her do something similar to her Mega Strike in that game. But, as far as I know, Nintendo really hasn't referenced Mario Strikers recently so maybe I'm getting my hopes up.

Also Shiek's Final Smash looks really freaking cool.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Article is a bit unrealistic yes, I'm more focused on that 15th date and NoJs tease than their speculation.

Yeah, it's better to focus on that, I'm just baffled that they'd be that unrealistic. xP

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do we even know if Echo Fighters will be getting alternate Final Smashes? Seems like a lot of work for a more detailed glorified palette swap. I'm going to severely doubt it until the contrary.

Considering Dark Pit's exists it's possible.

this article is stupid they are obviously going to announce waluigi's tennis racket as a playable fighter.

for real though, I'm not going to hold my breath but I would appreciate a new announcement, I want the roster to hit at least 70 personally.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Considering Dark Pit's exists it's possible.

It's possible yes, but Brad Pitt happened to have been in Smash 4 with his differing Final Smash. So while he has been turned now into an Echo, he wasn't exactly beforehand. Daisy and other new characters will be Echoes from the get go, there won't have anything unique to lazily pass on to them.