Attention Writers!!!

Deity

Why? Why people? Why do we so quit writing when we are most into it?

I mean, we start our stories for a reason. When I start one, I usually have plenty of ideas jotted down. But why do we lose interest all of a sudden?

Yeah. I've never gotten that way. Maybe a little. But usually I keep trudging through.

On the stories I do give up on, usually no one reads them, and that's why I give up. They know it's crap, I know it's crap. So I treat it like crap.

I haven't lost interest in mine.

Way to a hypocrite. You canceled Serene's Guild.

I cancelled it because I think it sucks and nobody reads them lol.

Besides, I know my best style is being me, not a copycat like you guys, ya know? I mean, I dont seem to be good when writing quotes and logs stuff, but I know I am a decent writer in stories such as SL.

Yeah. I've never gotten that way. Maybe a little. But usually I keep trudging through.

On the stories I do give up on, usually no one reads them, and that's why I give up. They know it's crap, I know it's crap. So I treat it like crap.

When I do give up on something, its usually because of what you said: I know its crap. ^^

Simple, they are just not that good. Most stories around here are full of stereotypical character types who do not develop, "Authors' Darlings", cliché stories and plots, and undeveloped worlds aswell. I often question the amount of thought and effort most people put into their stories, or how much research they do, or how much they actually know about grammar.

Sorry, but that is just the way it is. I am not saying that my story is perfect (or even that it is good), but I really do care about it: I am not writing just to impress a few people on a forum by inserting them as characters. I put a lot of time into thinking about my characters and where their development is heading.

And here come the flames...

Edited by Fibrizo

Simple, they are just not that good. Most stories around here are full of stereotypical character types who do not develop, "Authors' Darlings", cliché stories and plots, and undeveloped worlds aswell. I often question the amount of thought and effort most people put into their stories, or how much research they do, or how much they actually know about grammar.

Sorry, but that is just the way it is. I am not saying that my story is perfect (or even that it is good), but I really do care about it: I am not writing just to impress a few people on a forum by inserting them as characters. I put a lot of time into thinking about my characters and where their development is heading.

Actually, I agree with you on those points. I have one refutation though, that with so many stories nowadays it's hard to be totally original.

I'm not going to flame, because I agree. Although, if I was to finish my story, I would be one of the ones who will have put alot of thought into it's plot, characters, the world in which it takes place... It's all in my head; I just need to put it in words.