Your opinion on Seasonals

Poimagic

What do you think of seasonals?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on them

• Like them
    • Dislike them
    • Don’t care

I'd really love them to give Homer and Llewyn an option like Sing / Dance / Play. It would be nice to have more refresher options, and I've always liked those two. Would love to see them as refreshers, even if they're not in their original game.

I can only really see Elfin wielding a tome, mostly because he's notoriously frail. I can't imagine him wielding any other kind of weapon, really.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd really love them to give Homer and Llewyn an option like Sing / Dance / Play. It would be nice to have more refresher options, and I've always liked those two. Would love to see them as refreshers, even if they're not in their original game.

I can only really see Elfin wielding a tome, mostly because he's notoriously frail. I can't imagine him wielding any other kind of weapon, really.

So he would have a PRF Tome in Forseti and then have sing as his assist?  I don't know.  I guess Inigo worked out pretty well and can be a somewhat effective combatant in addition to refreshing duties.  

I'd rather heroes first appearance stick to being similar to their original game.  Lachesis, Lucius.  People weren't happy with how they changed.  Then again healers are still among the least liked, while dancers are adored by all.  

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

So he would have a PRF Tome in Forseti and then have sing as his assist?  I don't know.  I guess Inigo worked out pretty well and can be a somewhat effective combatant in addition to refreshing duties.  

I'd rather heroes first appearance stick to being similar to their original game.  Lachesis, Lucius.  People weren't happy with how they changed.  Then again healers are still among the least liked, while dancers are adored by all.  

Daggers wasn't introduced until Tellius games, yet the assassins before that have daggers anyway. "updating" gameplay is actually a good idea, the problem is back then they haven't think of Light magic. 

That being said, they are not the only ones who was heavily nerfed in their home game. Seliph, Seth.... and buy, does anyone happy about it 

I don't want Lewyn to sing because it sort of means they would need to nerf him elsewhere. He needs to be a powerhouse.

There are already plenty of refreshers (all not yet in Heroes) from Jugdral.

(wouldn't mind Homer as a refresher though)

37 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I don't want Lewyn to sing because it sort of means they would need to nerf him elsewhere. He needs to be a powerhouse.

There are already plenty of refreshers (all not yet in Heroes) from Jugdral.

(wouldn't mind Homer as a refresher though)

The problem is just the BST. They could pour all of his stat to his ATK and SPD, done. 

but you gotta prioritize the popular one.

Well that's when we stretch quite a bit and consider him "one" in the first place.

I am much more comfortable with Elphin suddenly weilding tomes, since he does need this sort of adaptation to be included  than Lewyn singing, personally.

Edited by Vince777

3 hours ago, Fae ♡ said:

I personally really like them. I don't know why I just think they look awesome.

I am new to the Fire Emblem series so I do not know how these affect the game in huge detail~

Outside of SF!Xander (he hits like wet noodle), all seasonal units are decent if not great. Off the top of my head, the best in my opinion are SF!Camilla, BB!Cordelia, NS!Corrin, TOD!Jakob, TOD!Nowi, PA!Azura, PA!Inigo, PA!Olivia, PA!Shigure, HNY!Azura, HNY!Takumi, LA!Hector, LA!Lilina, LA!Roy, HATF!Catria, HATF!Sharena, and HATF!Kagero.

SF!Camilla started to make flier teams really viable as she was the first ranged flier as well as a mage to abuse Blade tomes; she is also the best flying mage to run a Raven build to counter archers. NS!Corrin and TOD!Nowi are even better nukes and they nicely round out a flying Blade mage team, although these two cannot run Raven builds as well. HNY!Azura made pure flying teams possible as a Singer. HATF!Kagero is the best dagger unit in my opinion, and she gives flying teams a ranged physical option.

BB!Cordelia kicked the archer meta into full gear and made Raven mages relevant. With the release of Bold Fighter, TOD!Jakob is basically BB!Cordelia on steroids.

HNY!Takumi is not game changing, but he was the best dagger unit until HATF!Kagero came along.

PA!Azura, PA!Inigo, PA!Olivia, PA!Shigure are all Dancers/Singers like HNY!Azura. These five extra Dancers/Singers does not really change the meta much in my opinion, but they vastly improve player's quality of life by making Arena Assault so much easier. Additionally, PA!Azura and PA!Inigo were the first green Dancers/Singers, making offensive Player Phase teams even more flexible and easier to build.

On a defense team, LA!Hector is good at punishing players who fail to kill him in one round of combat, easily netting you wins against sloppy opponents.

LA!Lilina is practically the best Gronnblade pony (Gunnthrá can use Gronnblade better, but her tome is unique and equally as powerful). LA!Roy is basically colorless Reinhardt, and if he were to be released before trench tiles were introduced, he could have been just as infamous. HATF!Catria pairs well with Gunnthrá to abuse Ploys and debuffs. None of the ponies are particularly game changing, but they give more pony teams more and better offensive options.

HATF!Sharena is not a game changing either and her default set is basically a weaker infantry Gunnthrá, however, she is arguably the best infantry Gronnblade user. Nino may have 1 more Atk over her, but she got 4 more Res over Nino, and that allows HATF!Sharena to run Spd/Res Ploy more effectively and out damage Nino when the Ploys line up.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, XRay said:

Outside of SF!Xander (he hits like wet noodle), all seasonal units are decent if not great. Off the top of my head, the best in my opinion are SF!Camilla, BB!Cordelia, NS!Corrin, TOD!Jakob, TOD!Nowi, PA!Azura, PA!Inigo, PA!Olivia, PA!Shigure, HNY!Azura, HNY!Takumi, LA!Hector, LA!Lilina, LA!Roy, HATF!Catria, HATF!Sharena, and HATF!Kagero.

SF!Camilla started to make flier teams really viable as she was the first ranged flier as well as a mage to abuse Blade tomes; she is also the best flying mage to run a Raven build to counter archers. NS!Corrin and TOD!Nowi are even better nukes and they nicely round out a flying Blade mage team, although these two cannot run Raven builds as well. HNY!Azura made pure flying teams possible as a Singer. HATF!Kagero is the best dagger unit in my opinion, and she gives flying teams a ranged physical option.

BB!Cordelia kicked the archer meta into full gear and made Raven mages relevant. With the release of Bold Fighter, TOD!Jakob is basically BB!Cordelia on steroids.

HNY!Takumi is not game changing, but he was the best dagger unit until HATF!Kagero came along.

PA!Azura, PA!Inigo, PA!Olivia, PA!Shigure are all Dancers/Singers like HNY!Azura. These five extra Dancers/Singers does not really change the meta much in my opinion, but they vastly improve player's quality of life by making Arena Assault so much easier. Additionally, PA!Azura and PA!Inigo were the first green Dancers/Singers, making offensive Player Phase teams even more flexible and easier to build.

On a defense team, LA!Hector is good at punishing players who fail to kill him in one round of combat, easily netting you wins against sloppy opponents.

LA!Lilina is practically the best Gronnblade pony (Gunnthrá can use Gronnblade better, but her tome is unique and equally as powerful). LA!Roy is basically colorless Reinhardt, and if he were to be released before trench tiles were introduced, he could have been just as infamous. HATF!Catria pairs well with Gunnthrá to abuse Ploys and debuffs. None of the ponies are particularly game changing, but they give more pony teams more and better offensive options.

HATF!Sharena is not a game changing either and her default set is basically a weaker infantry Gunnthrá, however, she is arguably the best infantry Gronnblade user. Nino may have 1 more Atk over her, but she got 4 more Res over Nino, and that allows HATF!Sharena to run Spd/Res Ploy more effectively and out damage Nino when the Ploys line up.

I feel so bad for not understanding most of your post lol, I am really new to the Fire Emblem series. I am trying to get HATF!Sharena lately and have been trying to for the last days but no luck so far, gachas seem to hate me. I admit I mostly want her because she looks pretty, since I just started the game I honestly just have the start 5*s, Lucina and Ike. Thank you for writing the post though, it must have taken a while to write and apologies that I couldn't understand a lot of it :(: At least I know now to aim to get HATF!Kagero if she is indeed that strong.

5 hours ago, Fae ♡ said:

I feel so bad for not understanding most of your post lol, I am really new to the Fire Emblem series. I am trying to get HATF!Sharena lately and have been trying to for the last days but no luck so far, gachas seem to hate me. I admit I mostly want her because she looks pretty, since I just started the game I honestly just have the start 5*s, Lucina and Ike. Thank you for writing the post though, it must have taken a while to write and apologies that I couldn't understand a lot of it :(: At least I know now to aim to get HATF!Kagero if she is indeed that strong.

Sorry if I used too much jargon. Here are what some common jargon means:

Seasonal: These are limited units released around a holiday or season. The official term is Special Heroes.

Melee: This means that combat takes place 1 space away. Swords, lance, axes, and (dragon) breaths are melee Weapons.
Ranged: This means combat takes place 2 spaces away. Tomes, bows, daggers, and staves are ranged Weapons.
Physical: This refers to physical damage and bulk; swords, lances, axes, bows, and daggers deal physical damage; Defense is the physical defensive stat; physical bulk = HP + Def.
Magical: This refers to magical damage and bulk; tomes, staves, and (dragon) breaths deal magical damage; Resistance is the magical defensive stat; magical bulk = HP + Res.
Player Phase: This refers to the turn where the player or AI get to control their units.
Enemy Phase: This refers to the turn where the player or AI do not get to control their units.
Your Player Phase is the same thing as the enemy's Enemy Phase. The enemy's Player Phase is the same thing as your Enemy Phase. I hope that made sense.
Counter: This refers to two different concepts:

1. This means counter attack. When a unit initiates an attack, the other unit counters.
2. This could also refer to something being highly effective or good against something else. For example, red units counter green units, green units counter blue units, and blue units counter red units.

Infantry/Cavalry/Flier/Armor/Dragon Teams: These teams are either made up of only one type of unit or mostly one type of unit. They take advantage of specialized buffs.
Arena Defense Team: This is the team you set as a defense team for other players to challenge you. There is no player versus player in the traditional sense since when another player challenges you in Arena, the AI controls your team for you.
Arena Offense Team: This is the team you use to challenge other players in Arena.

Pony: I refer to cavalry units as ponies. It is slightly faster to type and it sounds cuter.

Viability: This generally refers to how good or usable something is, usually referring to the competitiveness of a build or a team in player versus player. If something is viable, it is good.
Meta: This refers to the condition or state of the player vs player competitive environment. It can also be used as an adjective to describe something that is viable.
Build: An effective combination of skills that is widely utilized is usually referred to as "xxx build."

Dancer/Singer: This refers to units who can use the special Assist skills of Dance or Sing.
Ploys: This refers to Atk Ploy, Spd Ploy, Def, Ploy, Res Ploy, and Panic Ploy. All Ploys need your unit and the enemy to be aligned cardinally in order to activate them. Additionally, the first four Ploys activate when your unit's Res is greater than the enemy's Res and it debuffs the opponent's Atk, Spd, Def, or Res. Panic Ploy operates a little differently in that it activates when your HP is greater than the enemy's HP, inflicting enemies with the Panic status. The Panic status is a special type of debuff in which the certain buffs on the victim will turn into debuffs instead.

Blade: This refers to the tomes Rauðrblade, Blárblade, and Gronnblade. Blade build usually refers to the following:

Spoiler

Weapon: Rauðrblade / Blárblade / Gronnblade
Special (Optional): Glimmer / Moonbow
A: Swift Sparrow / Life and Death / Fury / Brazen Atk/Spd
B: Desperation
Sacred Seal: Speed +3 / Heavy Blade

Raven: This refers to the tomes Rauðrraven, Blárraven, and Gronnraven; not to be confused with the character Raven. Raven build usually refers to the following:

Spoiler

Weapon: Rauðrraven / Blárraven / Gronnraven
Special: Glimmer / Moonbow
A: Triangle Adept
B: Bowbreaker / Quick Riposte
Sacred Seal (Optional): Distant Def / Quick Riposte / Deflect Missile / Deflect Magic / Defense +3 / Resistance

Brave: This refers to Brave Sword, Brave Lance, Brave Axe, and Brave Bow; it may also refer to Dire Thunder, Amiti, and Alm's Falchion.There are two types of Brave builds:

Spoiler

Here is a slow Brave build:
Weapon: Brave Sword / Brave Lance / Brave Axe / Brave Bow
Special: Moonbow
A: Death Blow
B (Optional): Breaker / Chill Def / Chill Res / Hit and Run / Wings of Mercy
Sacred Seal: Quickened Pulse / Heavy Blade

Here is a fast Brave build or quad build:
Weapon: Brave Sword / Brave Lance / Brave Axe / Brave Bow
Special: Luna
A: Life and Death / Swift Sparrow
B: Desperation
Sacred Seal: Attack +3 / Speed +3

I hope that covers most of the basic terminology.

Edited by XRay