On 4/5/2018 at 11:27 AM, Hawkwing said:

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

On 4/5/2018 at 11:34 AM, Purple Mage said:

In San Diego, California. Duh.

5 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

In, Carmen San Diego...duh

I'm the unofficial "we've asked this question before" guy, aren't I?

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Where is a good place to hide from people who want your head on a pole? Just asking out of curiosity.

Online? Just log out and give people time to be distracted by something else controversial (or cute, depending on the crowd), although that may not always work.

In real life? Well, if it's the general populace, you're better off leaving the county if it gets to that point, or even the country if it's really bad (and I mean really bad).

If it's the government, well, you're kind-of screwed, as everything online or on the grid is trackable, so you basically have to live in the wilderness without any modern technology, and that may not always work.

There's always the option of going to a desert island, but good luck with that.

What was/is the war about in Chess?

Racism and discrimination.

If Africans are stereotypically black, Caucasians are stereotypically white, Native Americans are red, Asians are yellow, and Middle Eastern/South East Asian/Latinos/Polynesians are brown, then why are there no red, yellow, or brown sets of chess pieces?

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What does this 終撃のイグニト say / mean?

According to Google Translate, it means "ignite of the final shot".  It's probably closer to "ignite the final shot". 

Why does the Fire Emblem subreddit spontaneously combust every week? (I feel as i have asked this before but i can't remember)

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

According to Google Translate, it means "ignite of the final shot".  It's probably closer to "ignite the final shot".

Huh, well that doesn't fit the lyrics at all (from what I understand of them, anyway)

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why does the Fire Emblem subreddit spontaneously combust every week? (I feel as i have asked this before but i can't remember)

Because even it needs to vent every now and again.

How do you write an engaging story?

I like big books and I cannot lie

You other readers cannot deny

When a book comes by with itty bitty text

And a big spine in my face

I get sprung!

If they play Uno in Mexico or Spain, do they just call it One?

Why would they call it an English word, when the game is already in their native language?

Did you know that "Zorro" is Spanish for "fox"?

Singularly, yes, quite often. Mutual love at first sight is more illusive. I'm not totally sure why, It's most likely a subconscious thing based on how someone is acting or what "vibes" they're giving off, you might say. Obviously "love" is a nuanced and quite complicated concept. So love at first sight can sort have different definitions I guess.

"Simple Simon met a Pieman, eating his curds and whey... dang how does the rest of that go?

EDIT !!ARGRARJGHH DARGHRAUGH!! NINJA'D Again! WHYYYYYYYYY!!!

@ProfImpossible's Question:

Uh... That might be the... uh... crude version.

It appears that Simple Simon went to a fair, forgot to bring money to buy a pie, hunted a whale, stole his mothers pail, hurt his fingers picking plums, and died of drowning.

...What?

@Dragoncat's question:

Blunt answer: no.

However, that's more because of the general "Don't judge a book buy it's cover" or "Don't jump to conclusions" lessons than anything real specific.

It also depends on what kind of "love" you're talking about. As in 'loving' a book, movie or video game could mean that it made a solid first impression, while "love" towards humans could either mean physical attraction, or the few actions and/or traits that a person has done/shown are appealing to someone. In both cases, however, it's best to do the research; the former to save money, the latter to prevent a whole lot of trouble.

@ProfImpossible Also gave a good answer.

Why do I jump at tackling these kind of questions?

How did the Operation Condor/Armor of God sequel mix-up happen?

Edited by Hawkwing
!!ARGRARJGHH DARGHRAUGH!! NINJA'D Again!!