• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Fencing classes. I would love to learn how to properly wield and use a weapon, but the closest building is still a long drive, and I don't have the time to dedicate to it anyhow.

Something you're glad you did, but will never do again?

I don't know and I don't want to waste time thinking.

Why couldn't Ariel in The Little Mermaid just write what she wanted to say down when she lost her voice?

Coincidence? You see interesting potential there? You find it relatable? It's rare/unique?

I don't know. I know zilch about romance, and I never had an interest anyway.

Why don't videogames with dating/marriage/romance mechanics allow you to simply state that your character is asexual or celibate?

.417 Expectation Failed                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   The server cannot meet the requirements of the Expect request-header field

Mr Sandman, or Enter Sandman?

Enter Sandman, by a mile.

How does one strike a balance between exposition (in terms of world, different races etc.) and moving the plot forward in the opening chapters of a fantasy novel?

I don't really know what to say other than try to see your writing with objective eyes (or have a friend or relative read it ideally ) if you start to think, "This plot is moving like molasses" or "I don't understand who these characters are or were they come from" (or if whoever you got to read it says this ) make changes accordingly.  I'm by no means the author-ity on this. ; )

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Enter Sandman, by a mile.

Agree to disagree.

Are you a cop? Cause you have to tell me if you are.

I have no idea what polandball is, and am entirely to tired to use google. So you guys'll do

1 hour ago, Purple Mage said:

No, if I was a cop, I'd have to kill all of the drug users in the forums. Sorry, government orders.

Ooh topical Philippines political reference, nice. He sounds like a trip, sadly ours ain't much better.

What's Polandball?

4 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

I have no idea what polandball is, and am entirely to tired to use google. So you guys'll do

Ooh topical Philippines political reference, nice. He sounds like a trip, sadly ours ain't much better.

What's Polandball?

I actually like the president. Don't judge me. At least he cares for the people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polandball

Why do teachers despise Wikipedia?

Sure, why not?

2 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

I actually like the president. Don't judge me. At least he cares for the people.

Short answer: I will not judge you. Given what news I've heard, and just read within the last 30 minutes, he seems to me to only care for some of his people though. In the immortal words of William Turner

tenor.gif?itemid=6051976

Long answer: 

Spoiler

I won't judge you, but I will judge him. That's what you sign up for when you hold elected office. He cares for everyone that meet his criteria of what a person should be (I'm not condoning hard drug use, merely stating that mass murder is very extreme and is not okay) it's the same with trump. They have both taken reprehensible actions many times in their lives in my opinion, but at least Donald Trump has never put together literal death squads. Now, obviously I do not live in the Philippines, so I may not be aware of the positive aspects of Duterte's presidency, being a foreigner; I tend to only here about the bad stuff. It does seem as though he's done quite a lot of that though. I will give him props for his honesty (as opposed to the constant casual and non-casual lies of trump), on the fact that he and trump are the same age and he looks conservatively 10 years younger, and the few views of his I agree with. But his glorification of his own crimes and condemnation of those of other's shows a double standard that reeks of dictatorships (I am not calling the Philippines a dictatorship, or Duterte a dictator, I realize this is not the case, I am stating that his rhetoric is very similar to that of many famous dictators).  Anyways, I apologize for the long political spiel. I know that I can't begin to understand your life, and I, by no means intend to infer(or imply) that you are somehow inferior as a person because of what you believe.

Am I ever going to get to sleep tonight?

1 hour ago, ProfImpossible said:

Sure, why not?

Short answer: I will not judge you. Given what news I've heard, and just read within the last 30 minutes, he seems to me to only care for some of his people though. In the immortal words of William Turner

tenor.gif?itemid=6051976

Long answer: 

Hide contents

I won't judge you, but I will judge him. That's what you sign up for when you hold elected office. He cares for everyone that meet his criteria of what a person should be (I'm not condoning hard drug use, merely stating that mass murder is very extreme and is not okay) it's the same with trump. They have both taken reprehensible actions many times in their lives in my opinion, but at least Donald Trump has never put together literal death squads. Now, obviously I do not live in the Philippines, so I may not be aware of the positive aspects of Duterte's presidency, being a foreigner; I tend to only here about the bad stuff. It does seem as though he's done quite a lot of that though. I will give him props for his honesty (as opposed to the constant casual and non-casual lies of trump), on the fact that he and trump are the same age and he looks conservatively 10 years younger, and the few views of his I agree with. But his glorification of his own crimes and condemnation of those of other's shows a double standard that reeks of dictatorships (I am not calling the Philippines a dictatorship, or Duterte a dictator, I realize this is not the case, I am stating that his rhetoric is very similar to that of many famous dictators).  Anyways, I apologize for the long political spiel. I know that I can't begin to understand your life, and I, by no means intend to infer(or imply) that you are somehow inferior as a person because of what you believe.

Am I ever going to get to sleep tonight?

I guess you are entitled to your own opinion. One of the problems is that nobody bothers to get both or all sides of the story. While I acknowledge that he has done some horrible things, he also did good things too. Mga dayuhan cannot into understandings mine pilosopiya.

Oh, and the answer to your question: Maybe, maybe not.

Can we substitute all of the political talk on this thread with Polandball analogies? The subject is making me uncomfortable.