Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Good question, but idiots seem to be able to attract large numbers of idiots to their cause I guess.

What's weirder, that ancient Asian society where men put bells on their ballsacks, or the primitive African tribe that spits on people as a greeting?

@Hawkwing Yeah I looked it up on Wikipedia before you posted, looks like a game I might try if I had a good PC and it wasn't so hard. Also it looks like you managed to escape the ninja attack, actually xD

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Why memes die in facebook?

Because they end up looking like this:

Question: what's 9+10?

Edited by This boi uses Nino

39 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

@Hawkwing Yeah I looked it up on Wikipedia before you posted, looks like a game I might try if I had a good PC and it wasn't so hard. Also it looks like you managed to escape the ninja attack, actually xD

That ninja attack was weird. At first it appeared that he posted first, but after I edited my respose, it turned out that he was the one ninja'd. It was confusing.

And yeah, the game is difficult, but it's most certainly doable.

I mean, when I first discovered the game at a friends house, he was already near the end of the game. He started to let me play on the second-to-last-level.

The level with four wolves.

Wolves who eschew weapons because they have claws that basically act like daggers.

Wolves who can smell blood.

Blood that can be carried by the extremely subtle wind.

Blood that's guaranteed to appear as pools underneath dead enemies killed with bladed weapons.

Blood that can stay on weapons if you forget to clean them.

Blood that a can appear on you after a good punch or kick to the jaw.

On the level with four wolves.

In a game where enemies gang up on you and aren't afriad to retreat to get help.

The level that the developer himself said was too hard for its own good.

It only took us an hour, but we managed to beat it.

...Why did I go on that monologue?

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Unless you're talking about a different conflict.

Nope, the Taiping was the one I had in mind. 

And one of the scriptures I'm aware he dropped was the passage concerning the Lott and his daughters incest, which is admittedly one of the stranger passages which someone might want to change even if they truly believed, or at least acknowledge as divine and then try to forget about. Of course outright changing it is a matter very different from interpreting the passage differently, since interpretation is a matter of determining exactly what God by meant by something, a deletion is ignoring and getting rid of God's word entirely.

Still, reading God's Chinese Son, the book never quite explains how Hong went from a handful of wack followers to having an army threatening the very fabric of the Qing state. (This wasn't the first time a cult threatened the empire, the Yellow Turbans (Daoists- Islam was still over three centuries from being born) as any Three Kingdoms fan knows began the final demise of the Han and they too had an army.) Once his cult in full blossom it portrays him as your typical cult leader quite well, but how he went from delusional failed exam student to successful (for a time) cult leader is a gap in the work, insofar as I remember reading it. And I'm going to be rereading for the next few months, as my Master's Degree is going to depend partly on it.

As for the stupid question, because you want to emphasize the nightmarish difficulty of that experience. Whether it is a coping mechanism intended to help treat any trauma associated with the nail-biting experience. Or a desire to see your suffering justified via hoping spreading it your achievement on the Internet will earn you applause for it, a small measure of vanitas perhaps. Or you simply love the game. Reflect on these possibilities and yourself.

And now mine. Will Pokemon ever bring back the Orre region, with Wes the badass (XD ain't the same without him)?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Will Pokemon ever bring back the Orre region, with Wes the badass (XD ain't the same without him)?

I sure hope so! I enjoyed XD a lot too though. Once had a fanfic idea set in XD where Wes and Rui have a granddaughter Michael's age, saying it's that many years since Colosseum, and she's secretly working for Cipher and flirts with Michael and calls him "Wild Mike" and when Wes finds out about the Cipher thing he threatens to disown her.

Is that fanfic idea any good, or does it suck? (that is my stupid question)

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Time to leave that meme is DEAD 

I know I just didn't know what to ask

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Anything!

no question is wrong here!

is this question wrong?

N-no? Fine answer me this without googling

what willeventually cause the demise of the planet earth?

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Who knows?

why am I alive?

The sun, eventually it will grow big enough to either eat or pull it gravitationally in about 1,000,000,000 years

2 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

The sun, eventually it will grow big enough to either eat or pull it gravitationally in about 1,000,000,000 years

you didn't ask a stupid question 

and that wasn't a stupid answer

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

19 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

you didn't ask a stupid question 

and that wasn't a stupid answer

YOU SAID ANY QUESTION WAS OK

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

I know 

I'm messing with you :P:

why do I hate going outside?

because the sun is hot

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Why am I so bad at video games?

because your job is busy

Edited by This boi uses Nino

The man in the moon, Santa, and the Easter bunny.

Who wants to hear about God and Cheez its?

Edited by Dragoncat