We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

Just now, Makaze said:

What if you were roleblocked?

Were you roleblocked?

presumably I would see the same thing as anyone else which I haven't cause I haven't.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Beru said:

I wouldn't, because what if town roleblocker.

Doesn't bother me so much -- knowing the existence of a roleblocker does not necessarily help Mafia hunt them.

Just now, Makaze said:

Doesn't bother me so much -- knowing the existence of a roleblocker does not necessarily help Mafia hunt them.

it does make town paranoid tho and then you end up lynching the town RB ?

in a game this huge it becomes more likely there are multiple roleblockers and perhaps even multiple that are town, and different iterations of rb including jailer. so I might not have claimed rb right away d1. although I did right away d2 cuz I'm a dumbass. plus walrein has kind of a useful role, they wouldn't want maf to know they visit

Just now, Beru said:

it does make town paranoid tho and then you end up lynching the town RB ?

I mean, sure, but I don't find that role independently scummy. You never claim it though.

wait no I'm stupid and can't read

if my target does a thing it looks the same as being roleblocked

I targeted kirsche n1 and my action also failed that night but conetworker did the thing so presumably I wasn't blocked just a bad target

5 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Walrein also suggested that he thought Refa was the co-networker and was not surprised that his action succeeded. So a world where Walrein is Mafia and the specific case where they roleblocked Refa could not have happened.

It's probably Snike sigh

also the way he progressed there its pretty clear that reads list he posted was old, he wrote it and never posted it, then posted it start of d2

went on to change where people were

Fair I'm gonna finish ISOing him after work I just wanted to get that out there cuz I thought it was weird. 

2 minutes ago, Beru said:

wait no I'm stupid and can't read

if my target does a thing it looks the same as being roleblocked

I targeted kirsche n1 and my action also failed that night but conetworker did the thing so presumably I wasn't blocked just a bad target

Could have been either one.

[unrelated] I just realized another reason that Kill cannot be Mafia. If Kill is Mafia, then Shinori has both co-networkers on top of his lynch list, one of which has claimed (Athena). Having one scum co-networker on your team is useless. Same argument applies to the Athena case, but they wouldn't know Kirsche was the other one at the time if he was town. [/unrelated]

The only world where it's not Walrein who actually got blocked is one where they roleblocked Sully.

I don't see them roleblocking Sully's role when the Mafia all have actions anyway (except maybe Snike, who wouldn't be investigated anyway.)

6 minutes ago, Makaze said:

We also know Weapons wasn't roleblocked because the announcer worked after Night 1.

Walrein is looking clear.

Scum could have just blocked someone who didn't have a night action, like BBM.

I think what you're saying WRT his Mackc2 thought process makes more sense coming from town, but I don't think he's clear because of it.  Need to reevaluate like the entire playerbase when I have the time apparently.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

The only world where it's not Walrein who actually got blocked is one where they roleblocked Sully.

I don't see them roleblocking Sully's role when the Mafia all have actions anyway (except maybe Snike, who wouldn't be investigated anyway.)

Sully claimed on D2, so they wouldn't know that.

Just now, Beru said:

wait why is having one conetworker useless it seems like a good time (if I didn't think kts and athena were independently clear)

Because it takes two to make the network.

1. If you lynched the town side of your networker group, people would just argue kill the other one, because one is scum.

2. The role is useless if it can't make a network outside of #1.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Scum could have just blocked someone who didn't have a night action, like BBM.

I think what you're saying WRT his Mackc2 thought process makes more sense coming from town, but I don't think he's clear because of it.  Need to reevaluate like the entire playerbase when I have the time apparently.

BBM had a night action. He made someone an insomniac. He did it to Via N1.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

BBM had a night action. He made someone an insomniac. He did it to Via N1.

It's a day action bro.  Also that was like, just an example.

Oh that was a day action.

Yeah targeting BBM was my first guess. Mafia killed him for a reason. That actually makes sense, and with his flip, it's a safe claim.

Possible worlds:

Walrein was roleblocked despite being 0 threat to Mafia

BBM was roleblocked, Walrein knows this, and is claiming the RB because they know that no one can CC

4 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Why can't this game be easy

walrein is town

kts is town

I'm town

Athena is town

refa is town

Baldrick is town

you're town ( from your point of view )

or at least Not Mafia

that's actually a lot of clears. more than mafia can get through before the game ends. even if one of them is wrong