World of Thracia Summoning Event (April 11 ~): Leif, Nanna, and New Reinhardt and Olwen

Coolmanio

6 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

One of Absorb+ refine options is Wrathful Staff 3.

In my opinion, for a staff user become a really good unit, he/she needs to have both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. Now, the only 2 units who can have it without skill inheritance are Genny and Bride Lyn.
I have a extra Wrathfull Staff B-Skill, so if I get Elise I will give her the B-Skill and refine her staff with the Dazzling Staff effect.
Also, I would like to have a extra Candlelight+ because, in my opinion,  it is the best staff in the game.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

I can understand the Reinhardt alt because it is something the FEH community gave birth. But the Olwen alt is quite unnecessary and could have easily been left out for the standard 3-man format. Like Reinhardt is at least using his alternative weapon (and boy what monstrosity that one is ) but Olwen has just a different tome color. What the heck.

While Olwen feels a bit unnecessary, I certainly can't complain about her as a bonus.

Also, just leaving out Olwen would actually lead to an issue: they've never had a 3-character banner where two 5* exclusives shared a color, and I think that's intentional. Leif and Reinhardt both seem set to stay 5* exclusive, so having a 3-character banner with both of them would make it too unbalanced.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

...they've never had a 3-character banner where two 5* exclusives shared a color...

Actually, I remember pretty well the chaos the Ayra's banner was, having 2 exclusive 5* red units (Ayra and Eldigan), but yeah... having 2 5* exclusives in a 3-units banner is really bad when you want the unit A but get the unit B.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Actually, I remember pretty well the chaos the Ayra's banner was, having 2 exclusive 5* red units (Ayra and Eldigan), but yeah... having 2 5* exclusives in a 3-units banner is really bad when you want the unit A but get the unit B.

I was thinking of just main banners, not ones with returning units. Ayra's banner did have one new unit, but also two returning ones. So I guess what'd really be accurate to say is "two new 5* exclusives".

Pity breaking can be annoying, but it's just as much of an issue when a 5* exclusive shares a color with a 4-5* unit, like Nephenee/Oscar, Siegbert/Soleil, and Chrom/Morgan. Having the unit you're likely to get pity broken by be rare is actually a big advantage, since it makes for a significant consolation prize, and on a banner with only three units, that adds up to a really high likelihood of getting some 5* exclusive.

It's exactly why I pulled green on the second green banner and plan to pull red here: if multiple desirable units share a color, it's easy to get one of them. And it'd be even easier with just three characters.

I'm kinda disappointed in this banner. Releasing two alts without even changing the general look of the characters reeks of a lack of confidence. It's especially ironic since Reinhardt (and Olwen I guess) only really became popular because to a lot of people they were just some Thracia Whos who also happened to be two of the best units in the game, yet the official Thracia banner comes along and they're the two units to deny other Thracia units the same chance. 

Leif looks like a lot of fun. SDrink+QP+Infantry Pulse allows him to throw out a three charge special at initiation and five charge specials during combat. Being an infantry sword is bad but I'm hoping he can make up for it.

Nanna is a bit of a dissapointment since I was expecting her to powercreep the other troubadours, but I'll still roll for her for a second Dazzling Gravity user. 

Olwen looks great. She's easily the best Green Mage Cavalry.

Reinhardt is doing a good job of convincing me to actually start making a high scoring arena core to avoid seeing him. DC+Vantage+QR Seal means that if you're unlucky enough to engage him at 75%-70%, you should probably just surrender.

Finn makes me pretty upset. He has a pretty good statline but I really wanted him to get the Hero Lance. I have the fodder to make him pretty good, but I wanted to use those feathers for something else.

Compared to Arvis, Saias trades the Recover Ring and one point in Attack and Speed for one point of Resistance, Defense, three more HP, and a better color. Lute still does his job better unless you have Speed Ploy to give, and even then she's still a better unit offensively. Edit: I misread Speed Ploy for Speed Tactic. As long as you give him the Def. Ploy Seal, he can debuff all four stats without inheritance. Pretty good, but Lute still does combat better.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

2 hours ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

He has a pretty good statline but I really wanted him to get the Hero Lance.

His personal weapon in FE5 is the Brave Lance. "Hero's Lance" was the translation for the weapon before NoA's FE7 officially localized the weapon's name as "Brave Lance".

3 hours ago, Othin said:

they've never had a 3-character banner where two 5* exclusives shared a color, and I think that's intentional. Leif and Reinhardt both seem set to stay 5* exclusive, so having a 3-character banner with both of them would make it too unbalanced.

That's not really an established precedent, so I don't know why this should be taken into account.
Not to mention this entire banner breaks most recent trends; it's 4 Heroes, there are 2 alts and all of them have 5 skills instead of 4.

EDIT:
Plus let's not forget; if they really wanted to avoid the color overlap there are (probably) plenty of other potential Thracia characters out there to fill that role. Having an Olwen alt is absolutely unnecessary and, like many people fear, takes away spots for new faces.

Edited by Zeratul

40 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

That's not really an established precedent, so I don't know why this should be taken into account.
Not to mention this entire banner breaks most recent trends; it's 4 Heroes, there are 2 alts and all of them have 5 skills instead of 4.

EDIT:
Plus let's not forget; if they really wanted to avoid the color overlap there are (probably) plenty of other potential Thracia characters out there to fill that role. Having an Olwen alt is absolutely unnecessary and, like many people fear, takes away spots for new faces.

There are certainly breaks from precedent here, but that's something that clearly functions to help them make money from banners. They change precedent to make more money, not less.

The Olwen alt isn't taking away anyone else's spot. There wouldn't have been a fourth character if not for her.

The reasonable thing to expect out of this was Leif, Nanna, Finn, and a fourth new character. We got that. It's unfortunate that Finn doesn't have a personal weapon, but that's all it's fair to complain about.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

The Olwen alt isn't taking away anyone else's spot. There wouldn't have been a fourth character if not for her.

That's what alt do and trying to deny it is fallacy. It should have been a new character or no one at all.

8 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

That's what alt do and trying to deny it is fallacy. It should have been a new character or no one at all.

"Should have" is subjective and irrelevant. There was absolutely no reason to expect more than four new characters, and we're getting four new characters.

Edited by Othin

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

"Should have" is irrelevant. There was absolutely no reason to expect more than four new characters, and we're getting four new characters.

So having more Alts is fine as long as we get 4-man banners?

Great, no wonder, IS starts pumping out alts for 4 months in the row now. Peole trying to defend this practice are beyond me.

Edited by Zeratul

1 minute ago, Zeratul said:

So having more Alts fine as long as we get 4-man banners?

Great, no wonder, IS starts pumping out alts for 4 months in the row now. Peole trying to defend this practice are beyond me.

I didn't say anything about the size of the banner. Leif, Finn, Nanna, and Saias are four new characters. The alternative would have been to get Leif/Finn/Nanna as the banner and Saias as the TT unit, with no GHB and no fourth banner unit. Would you have preferred that?

2 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

So having more Alts is fine as long as we get 4-man banners?

The "I don't care about alts" and the "alts are the spawn of the devil" camps are never going to see eye to eye. There's no reason to discuss this any further because it's not going to go anywhere. Nobody budges, and it just turns into a shouting match of how loud you can raise your voice.

I swear, every single goddamn thread that lasts more than 2 pages has to devolve into fanservice, lolis, multiplier shenanigans, or alts at some point.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

I didn't say anything about the size of the banner. Leif, Finn, Nanna, and Saias are four new characters. The alternative would have been to get Leif/Finn/Nanna as the banner and Saias as the TT unit, with no GHB and no fourth banner unit. Would you have preferred that?

Since it would mean 1 less 5* exclusive Hero in that new sweet Green Pool; why, yes of course. Alts should stay with Seasonals.

To give Reinhardt (and any other Alt minus Zelgius) some credit; they are at least quite different from their counterparts. This Olwen only has a different color while inhabiting the same niche as her previous incarnation. It's not like Green was in shortage of Green Mage Cavaliers between Gunnthra and Cecilia.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I swear, every single goddamn thread that lasts more than 2 pages has to devolve into fanservice, lolis, multiplier shenanigans, or alts at some point.

Well, to be quite frank, we both know that isn't the only reason why certain discussions ... escalate into page avalanches.
Fortunately this one was spared by that ... for now.

Edited by Zeratul

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The "I don't care about alts" and the "alts are the spawn of the devil" camps are never going to see eye to eye. There's no reason to discuss this any further because it's not going to go anywhere. Nobody budges, and it just turns into a shouting match of how loud you can raise your voice.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Since it would mean 1 less 5* exclusive Hero in that new sweet Green Pool; why, yes of course. Alts should stay with Seasonals.

To give Reinhardt (and any other Alt minus Zelgius) some credit; they are at least quite different from their counterparts. This Olwen only has a different color while inhabiting the same niche as her previous incarnation. It's not like Green was in shortage of Green Mage Cavaliers between Gunnthra and Cecilia.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, then.

13 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm NOT happy about Finn being relegated to a Tempest Trail reward. He should have been in the banner and someone else should be the TT reward. Reinhardt and Olwen get an alt before Marth...let that sink in.

This just means that everyone gets a Finn

34 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

This Olwen only has a different color while inhabiting the same niche as her previous incarnation. It's not like Green was in shortage of Green Mage Cavaliers between Gunnthra and Cecilia.

There is currently exactly 1 green tome cavalry in the standard summoning pool, and Gunnthra is currently the only fast green tome cavalry.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is currently exactly 1 green tome cavalry in the standard summoning pool, and Gunnthra is currently the only fast green tome cavalry.

The same can be said for Red who has it arguably worse with 2 5*-exclusives. Eirika is the only fast Red Cavalier in that category as well.

44 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

The same can be said for Red who has it arguably worse with 2 5*-exclusives. Eirika is the only fast Red Cavalier in that category as well.

That just means we need more red tome cavalry. Needing more red tome cavalry is not mutually exclusive with needing more green tome cavalry.

I am glad Finn is the TT reward because I have not been having good luck pulling lately and being given two of him is great for me since as a F2P player getting one copy of a unit I want can be hard.  I am sad he does not have a personal weapon, but I like brave weapons so I can build him to be good.  I am also to the point of living with alts I may not like them, but hating them will just hurt me so I will live with them.  I am surprised at there being two this time, but I should have guessed that would happen soon.  I did think that Reinhardt would be saved for a legendary banner though.  I will just do my free pull on this banner since Finn was the only one I was going to try for.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Everyone is freaking out about Reinhardt and Olwen and I just find it hilarious thinking about a potential remake down the line and people with no exposure to Jugdral outside of Heroes being totally confused about how minor they are in the game.

I'm aiming for Leif and Olwen first and then maybe Reinhardt and last of all Nanna. Sorry but I just don't really use staff units. Glad Finn is free though I feel like maybe he and Reinhardt should've switched places.

Finn as a TT reward is very disappointing.  Now free units are great and all, everyone gets a copy and all that, however there are substantial downsides.  They are stuck with neutral boon/bane, limited merge potential, and finally they are rarely made very powerful.  If Finn was a banner unit he would have likely had a PRF version of brave lance, maybe something like what the new Reinhardt has or maybe something like Amiti. Instead he is a decent statted but generic lance cavalier.  

Leif is solid and may be stronger than it seems, however the Light brand in Heroes seems to not represent the Thracia version at all even if it is a decently powerful effect.  What is unfortunate is just how much in the shadow of the new Reinhardt he is.  They both share a color, everyone is going to say I spend a million orbs for Reinhardt but instead I got x amount of useless leaves.  Reinhardt just so obviously looks like a super powerful unit.  With his native deathblow and an attack boon, he is sword cherche on a horse hitting for 55x2, or 61x2 with hone. He can be built into a very powerful player phase unit, but then since his brave sword has the same effect on enemy phase and he has good defense and solid res he can be built into a terrifying enemy phase unit as well.  Distant counter, QR, distant defense seal, fortify and hone cav buffs.  

This is the debut of a main game lord and he is an afterthought, the star is the new Reinhardt.  I think that is the worst part about this banner.  

16 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

This is the debut of a main game lord and he is an afterthought, the star is the new Reinhardt.  I think that is the worst part about this banner.  

Who is Leif? What is a Thracia?

Just pray that one day he gets his FE4 Master Knight self in here for some redemption free of Rein and Olwen. Outside of them thanks to this game, Thracia has no popular characters in it that could be rehashed. Just hope no Reinwen Emblem one day.