Possible skill glitch

So i was in a battle and I imitated combat with Orochi, who was a level 10 Onmyoji. She won and levels up to level 11, where she learned miracle??

im literally completely lost, she's in an advanced class, and she's not high enough level to learn another skill, and it's literally the wrong skill for that class line, the next skill is tomefair. This is also the only class she's been in other than diviner. WTF just happened?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Is she married to anyone?

To azama yes. But she hasn't reclassed into shrine maiden, which I believe Wild be he class she would get from him 

only seal I've used on her is a master seal.

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

To azama yes. But she hasn't reclassed into shrine maiden, which I believe Wild be he class she would get from him 

only seal I've used on her is a master seal.

There's a really weird property in-game, and I'm not sure what the exact trigger is.

If you get another base class, and you're in one of its promotion branches, you'll learn the base class' skills.  In Orochi's case:

- getting hitched meant that she now has access to Shrine Maiden
- one of Shrine Maiden's possible promotions is Onmyoji
- thus, you've filled some sort of internal checkbox, so she'll gain a rally skill next level

Other pairs that can pull this are Subaki/Setsuna (Kinshi Knight), Oboro/ninja brother (Mechanist, Oboro only), and Mozu/Hinata (Master of Arms, Mozu only).

Just now, eclipse said:

There's a really weird property in-game, and I'm not sure what the exact trigger is.

If you get another base class, and you're in one of its promotion branches, you'll learn the base class' skills.  In Orochi's case:

- getting hitched meant that she now has access to Shrine Maiden
- one of Shrine Maiden's possible promotions is Onmyoji
- thus, you've filled some sort of internal checkbox, so she'll gain a rally skill next level

Other pairs that can pull this are Subaki/Setsuna (Kinshi Knight), Oboro/ninja brother (Mechanist, Oboro only), and Mozu/Hinata (Master of Arms, Mozu only).

That's... really freaking weird 

I'll level her up and see if she gets a rally skill 

If two entirely seperate Base Classes share a common Promoted Class and the character gets access to the Base Class that they don't have by default through Marriage or Friendship Seals, then merely being in their own Promoted Class that is shared with the newly gained Base Class will net the skills they didn't already have.

It's to get Base Class skills if your Promoted character switches to a Class but might need skills from a Base Class basically.

I'm sure I could have probably explained this better but it's 5AM and I've only realized due to the sunrise. XD

Edited by Light Strategist

4 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

If two entirely seperate Base Classes share a common Promoted Class and the character gets access to the Base Class that they don't have by default through Marriage or Friendship Seals, then merely being in their own Promoted Class that is shared with the newly gained Base Class will net the skills they didn't already have.

It's to get Base Class skills if your Promoted character switches to a Class but might need skills from a Base Class basically.

I'm sure I could have probably explained this better but it's 5AM and I've only realized due to the sunrise. XD

Yeah I found that out, leveled her up again and she got rally luck

it was still really suprising seeing miracle being learned at level 11 Onmyoji 

I guess this thread is pointless now so @eclipse do what you will with it

Hmmm.  I'll leave it open for now, in case someone else wants to follow up (necroposting rules and all in effect).

I really like this property, actually. Allows things like getting Elbow room on Knight -> Great knight, Duelist blow on a Villager -> Master of arms, Quick draw on Pegasus -> Kinshi or Darting blow on Archer -> Kinshi... It's pretty fun stuff if you don't like buying skills.

Doesn't Midori autolearn ninja skills as a Mechanist because of this too(since she'll always have ninja and apothecary as two of her base classes)? I can't remember if it also worked for children...

It works for children.

I've used this when I paired Mozu with Xander. I had Mozu A+ with Effire to friendship seal into Knight, then promoted to Great Knight to get the Cavalier skills. Between the friendship and partner seals you can get a lot of overlap and can pick up plenty of seals without using too many seals.