E3 2018 Schedule/Discussion/Hype Thread

Starfox in Starlink is giving me really bad Starfox Adventure vibes, but I need to watch the trailers and read more on it. It's just really weird to see that, and I don't think it means anything regarding a main game.

Sony does that timeslot because it's 5 in the evening for LA. It's 9PM for me when it drops. I would just say fire it up first thing in the morning to dodge spoilers verses getting sick from no sleep.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the boat of not caring about which presentation has the best shows.  I just want to see the games I want to see and laugh at all the failures/memes.

So far, Bethesda's the only company that piqued my interest because they're the only ones with games I like that have had a presentation so far.  And in that regard...  I do remember pondering what Fallout with multiplayer would be like, but I'm not sure if I'd actually like it.  Don't give two damns about mobile TES because the only mobile game I've ever played seriously at all was FEH, and it's been a long while since I've played that.  The jab at the "port Skyrim to everything" meme got a laugh out of me, and I'm glad there's a TES VI coming out (cloudy, forested, mountainous region with a coastal line makes me think it'll take place in High Rock again).  Other than that... well, honestly I'm just left wanting to know more about TES VI, which doesn't seem like it'll be coming out in the immediate future, so they didn't do a great job of really pulling me in.

I'm only looking forward to Ninty after them, so I guess I'll tune out until their time.

Roughly 30 minutes away from the Sony presentation. I'm hoping for more JRPGs. I've been fairly disappointed by Xbox's showcase. I was happy to see MatPat on the  YouTube Live interviews. Come'on SONY! Don't let me down!

Sony's press conference is really highlighting something I can't stand about them right now:

They REALLY can't stop patting themselves on the back. Every time they talk, they come off as incredibly masturbatory. We're 25 minutes in, and we've had a dude play banjo, a 10 minute showcase of TLoU 2 and a 30 second AD(Not trailer) for Blops 3.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Sony's press conference is really highlighting something I can't stand about them right now:

They REALLY can't stop patting themselves on the back. Every time they talk, they come off as incredibly masturbatory. We're 25 minutes in, and we've had a dude play banjo, a 10 minute showcase of TLoU 2 and a 30 second AD(Not trailer) for Blops 3.

I agree, it's on the same level as Bethesda, talking how successful their games are. We know that.

1 minute ago, Dai said:

Resident Evil 2 Remake. Man, I was beginning to wonder about that.

It's coming out in just over half a year.

So chances are, they've been working on it quietly ever since the project was announced. Amazed they managed to keep it under wraps for so long.

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's coming out in just over half a year.

So chances are, they've been working on it quietly ever since the project was announced. Amazed they managed to keep it under wraps for so long.

It looks REALLY good, though. It's been a while since I played RE2 on my PSP.

Edit: HOLY SHIT they keep on giving more for Kingdom Hearts. Gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised at all the folks returning, but hey, this game is looking REALLY good.

Edited by Dai

I give Sony a C-

• Last of Us 2 with more lesbians
  • new Sucker Punch game
  • RE 2 remake
  • More Kingdom hearts with Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Remuss and the funky fetus
  • NiOh 2
  • and Spider-man

I feel that the Last of Us took too much time away.

Port Royal world came back to KH!

..... And Riku's replica???? I mean, they hinted at it in the last trailer before E3, but I didn't believe it until now.

Also Kairi's new look is pretty dang cute

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Came in right during RE2 remake. Trying to catch up, but what little I saw was pretty good!

You’re incredibly lucky you missed the intro. It killed my hype so much...there were good games but Sony this year was so...boring.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

You’re incredibly lucky you missed the intro. It killed my hype so much...there were good games but Sony this year was so...boring.

Pretty much all I've heard is weird intro and people mad about lesbians in a video game. Also apparently Ghosts of Tsushima was not worth the wait? I don't believe that.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I give Sony a C-

• Last of Us 2 with more lesbians
  • new Sucker Punch game
  • RE 2 remake
  • More Kingdom hearts with Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Remuss and the funky fetus
  • NiOh 2
  • and Spider-man

I feel that the Last of Us took too much time away.

I don't mean to shit on Ghost of Tsushima since it looks like a neat game...

But I don't know why I'd bother next to Nioh 2 and Sekiro. If I beat those games and somehow haven't gotten my fill of feudal Japan, maybe I'll check it out. But poising itself as the serious, "story focused" one isn't pushing my buttons.

Especially with that trailer.

"Hey good friend, we need to save this monk."

"Now let me kill this monk. The Mongols have won and I want my revenge because this monk screwed my family over."

"We're going to fight to the death over this monk, good friend."

"Actually let's stop and fight the Mongols that are now here."

They didn't show the FF7 remake and it was probably the only chance we'd see it this year. I'm entirely convinced that the game isn't actually happening at this point.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They didn't show the FF7 remake and it was probably the only chance we'd see it this year. I'm entirely convinced that the game isn't actually happening at this point.

They shifted dev teams again and threw out a bunch of work earlier this year.

It's happening, but could take almost as long as "VSXIII".

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I don't mean to shit on Ghost of Tsushima since it looks like a neat game...

But I don't know why I'd bother next to Nioh 2 and Sekiro. If I beat those games and somehow haven't gotten my fill of feudal Japan, maybe I'll check it out. But poising itself as the serious, "story focused" one isn't pushing my buttons.

Especially with that trailer.

"Hey good friend, we need to save this monk."

"Now let me kill this monk. The Mongols have won and I want my revenge because this monk screwed my family over."

"We're going to fight to the death over this monk, good friend."

"Actually let's stop and fight the Mongols that are now here."

Strange that there now 3 major games based on Japan coming out, hindsight is harsh.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Waiting for 8 more years? It's going to be the new Kingdom Hearts 3.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

First 15, then Kingdom hearts 3  and now the 7 remake. Why is Squire Enix having so much problems creating games? They're looking really inept at their job to me. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

First 15 and now the 7 remake. Why is Squire Enix having so much problems creating games? They're looking really inept at their job to me. 

The people in charge of Final Fantasy have their heads up their asses.

They don't have problems making games, they have problems making Final Fantasy.

Kingdom Hearts being a FF spinoff has cursed that series, too.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Waiting for 8 more years? It's going to be the new Kingdom Hearts 3.

I guess that means it'll be amazing.

Also I didn't see Pirates coming back for KH3, but boy am I hyped for it and I might be remembering wrong, but I thought Repliku was with Eraqus in the "straight up dead" club of characters in Kingdom Hearts.

Sony didn't exactly blow me away but it was a very solid presentation. Ghost of Tsuchima seems nice, the extra kingdom hearts scenes were cute and Spiderman looked like a high quality title. 

But Kojima should really stop playing coy with Death Stranding and just say what its gonna be. This is the third time its featured at an event and I still don't know anything about the game apart from that its weird and that it exists. 

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

First 15 and now the 7 remake. Why is Squire Enix having so much problems creating games? They're looking really inept at their job to me. 

I guess they want to get people hyped for their games, despite that they are early/mid way in development. I feel that this going to take years before The Elder Scrolls 6 is completed.This generation has more studios jump the gun for advertising.