E3 2018 Schedule/Discussion/Hype Thread

I'll give Sony some props on trying something different like they said they would but I don't think they'll do that again lol. As in, the transitioning to/from games.

But what they showed was decent when they did. So I'm kinda glad I just saw the cliff notes edition.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Alright everyone! One more hour and we get nintendo!!! Lets hope for fire emblem, smash, pokemon, and A BRAND NEW SOLO GAME FEATURING LUIGI!!!!! Luigi's mansion wasn't enough. I need more of his solo adventures. Mario is over-rated. That mean green fighting machine is clearly what helps nintendo sell mario products.

I don't know if I'd say Mario is overrated, but I agree his brother is so much better and awesomer and I love him! Luigi's been my all time favorite video game character besides Ike since I was a little kid. I'd love a bigger and longer solo Luigi adventure! I love Luigi's Mansion too though, so I'd totally dig a brand new game for that series too.

Everybody AWAKE? Act 3 of E3 2018 starts today. I don't just refer to the fact that Nintendo goes last. I'm referring to gamers and journalists getting on the demo floor and bringing us the extended E3 experience. Maybe a developer lets loose a juicy detail in an interview. Act 3 is both the finale and the epilogue. But despite the interests share by this website is not necessarily the climax. It is closure.

Now leave me be. Once Smash appears all sense and common decency will have left me.

To be honest, I'll be more looking forward to more Cyberpunk 2077 information coming later tonight (once again in the morning for me). And possibly a reveal from Soulcalibur 6.

Edited by Tryhard

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know if I'd say Mario is overrated, but I agree his brother is so much better and awesomer and I love him! Luigi's been my all time favorite video game character besides Ike since I was a little kid. I'd love a bigger and longer solo Luigi adventure! I love Luigi's Mansion too though, so I'd totally dig a brand new game for that series too.

OMG me and you can be bffs in real life...(possibly) I remember first placing Luigi's mansion and not realizing the game has challenges inserted all through out. I did a few places throughs untill i got the best ending getting the biggest mansion purchased afterwards. I got gold frames on all my ghosts and i collected all the rare gems not just from the golden mice but the golden ghosts too! It was a great game. I kinda felt the DS version sequel watered it down but it was still a good grab.

What i really what is the next sequel in all those Super Mario RPGs. I really loved Saga Superstar and traveling the Bean Kingdom and then after that i also liked Partner's in Time where they got help from their babies! We need more RPGs like those

I"m listening to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfVP9iWgbZ4

2 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

OMG me and you can be bffs in real life...(possibly) I remember first placing Luigi's mansion and not realizing the game has challenges inserted all through out. I did a few places throughs untill i got the best ending getting the biggest mansion purchased afterwards. I got gold frames on all my ghosts and i collected all the rare gems not just from the golden mice but the golden ghosts too! It was a great game. I kinda felt the DS version sequel watered it down but it was still a good grab.

Wow, good job! I only missed one gem in Dark Moon myself, but mostly because I wasn't about to restart that Treacherous Mansion mission after I got so close to the end. xP Otherwise, I got everything in that game. I don't think Dark Moon was "watered down" at all, I think it was great. I'm glad it was much longer too. The original felt too short.

@Anacybele Well i do agree with you on the relative size of the game (length). Have you played the RPGs series? Like Superstar Saga, Partner's in Time, Bower's Story, etc? I swear you won't regret picking them up. They bring the mario cast to the RPG setting with stats like str, hp, luck, speed, and etc. Using items and planning strategically to dish out the most amount of damage possible! They are epic

Yay, it's finally time they MIGHT speak about Fire Emblem... after hours of speaking about their main IPs that I don't care about and Pokémon Go, that is. I really wish IS was independent of Nintendo.

Maybe they'll speak about Octopath Traveler or reveal more about the ASG game for the Switch, or reveal stuff about AA Switch, at least.

1 minute ago, Tediz64 said:

@Anacybele Well i do agree with you on the relative size of the game (length). Have you played the RPGs series? Like Superstar Saga, Partner's in Time, Bower's Story, etc? I swear you won't regret picking them up. They bring the mario cast to the RPG setting with stats like str, hp, luck, speed, and etc. Using items and planning strategically to dish out the most amount of damage possible! They are epic

I've played Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, and Paper Jam. But I'm not so good at those games, so I didn't finish them... I did get to the final fight of Paper Jam though.

@Anacybele i loved them. They were so fun. Those games had so many hours packed into them, i couldn't even finish them without forgetting some stuff (cuz a few years passed) so i did like 2nd play throughs of all of them! What are you looking forward to most today at this conference?

2 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

@Anacybele i loved them. They were so fun. Those games had so many hours packed into them, i couldn't even finish them without forgetting some stuff (cuz a few years passed) so i did like 2nd play throughs of all of them! What are you looking forward to most today at this conference?

I see. I wish I could've had that much fun with them!

Smash and FE, pretty much. FE better be there at least, I don't think it has an excuse NOT to be. xP I also want to see Yoshi Switch, a Paper Mario for Switch, and the confirmed to appear Roller Coaster Tycoon Switch (though I'm not sure if that meant it was going to be in the Direct or just playable at some E3 booth. I just know a tweet said it was going to be there in some way).

@Anacybele Ya know, another reason why i think we could be bffs is cuz i remember you were the one say on the Let's Go thread that you were angry we didn't get our DPPt remakes yet for Sinnoh. I feel you. I was super angry too. MAYBE WE'LL GET WORD OF IT COMING OUT!?:o::o::o:

@Anacybele Ya know, another reason why i think we could be bffs is cuz i remember you were the one say on the Let's Go thread that you were angry we didn't get our DPPt remakes yet for Sinnoh. I feel you. I was super angry too. MAYBE WE'LL GET WORD OF IT COMING OUT!?:o::o::o:

Yeah, any confirmation of Sinnoh remakes would please me for sure!

But I was also angry at how limited Let's Go is. No Pokemon beyond the Kanto ones, no wild Pokemon battles, that stuff just doesn't sit with me right.

@Anacybele Oh yeah i feel ya sista. Regarding the wild thing, i think its cool it isn't random but what happened to my farming?! I used to sometimes demo and gauge how much hp i could chip off using a move with my pokemon and planning STAB bonuses, type effectives, and if it was worth keeping between gym battles and what not. Plus i liked to watch a move's animation a few times before i got rid of it. So lack of battles there is VERY disappointing. I'd get pokemon i didn't like, battle a few wild ones, and then be like "Okay...i used them plenty. into the pc you go forever"

One thing i'm worried about after getting spoiled by Sun/Moon was the HM problem. I hate having to lug around a pokemon stacked with 4 HMs just so i can explore the overworld. I hope a remake of DPPt doesn't bring back all those HMs.

Edited by Tediz64

@Anacybele Oh yeah i feel ya sista. Regarding the wild thing, i think its cool it isn't random but what happened to my farming?! I used to sometimes demo and gauge how much hp i could chip off using a move with my pokemon and planning STAB bonuses, type effectives, and if it was worth keeping between gym battles and what not. Plus i liked to watch a move's animation a few times before i got rid of it. So lack of battles there is VERY disappointing. I'd get pokemon i didn't like, battle a few wild ones, and then be like "Okay...i used them plenty. into the pc you go forever"

One thing i'm worried about after getting spoiled by Sun/Moon was the HM problem. I hate having to lug around a pokemon stacked with 4 HMs just so i can explore the overworld. I hope a remake of DPPt doesn't bring back all those HMs.

Yeah, HMs got annoying after a point. And my issue with the lack of wild Pokemon battles is that it makes completing the Pokedex harder. I always used wild Pokemon battles to level up more Pokemon to evolve them and get more dex entries. I also sometimes had to do a bit of grinding on my main team to make them strong enough for something. So what would I do without those battles?

@Anacybele Oh yeah i totally get you. I remember getting my first ever pokemon to level 100 without using mods. It was because after i think it was FireRed/LeafGreen i adopted this rule when playing to NEVER run away from a wild fight. Every little bit of exp goes a long way. Plus your right, how are we going to spread the exp so we can evolve our pokemon? i mean i like the Fire Emblems like Sacred Stones and Birthright with free exp to go farm but i really didn't like the linear ones like Blazing sword going from one chapter to the next. It forced me to pick my units wisely and take a final team to the last chapter. Or per say i wouldn't say dislike, i just feel they took out my ability to farm and make every character playable. I liked having everyone 20/20. 

Edited by Tediz64

@Anacybele Oh yeah i totally get you. I remember getting my first ever pokemon to level 100 without using mods. It was because after i think it was FireRed/LeafGreen i adopted this rule when playing to NEVER run away from a wild fight. Every little bit of exp goes a long way. Plus your right, how are we going to spread the exp so we can evolve our pokemon? i mean i like the Fire Emblems like Sacred Stones and Birthright with free exp to go farm but i really didn't like the linear play forcing me to pick my units wisely and taking a final team to the last chapter. Or per say i wouldn't say dislike, i just feel they took out my ability to farm and make every character playable. I liked having everyone 20/20. 

Yeah, my point exactly.

Less than 10 minutes!

Edited by Anacybele