Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

21 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Gorf's elemina case is v scummy.  First off, elemina hoping omega will be townie af and saying that he isn't as townie as he wants him to be isn't scummy at all. Why do you see it as scum distancing?  Elemina cites that he played a game with omega recently where omega pocketed him as a wolf, so he's taking precautions not to blindly sign off omega as town. This is a p townie thought process.  Next, gorf shuts down the Wolfy case for bad reasons.  Elemina isn't scum reading wolfy for his turn reads exactly,  he's scum reading him for not having an explanation behind his reads, or rather he believes that wolfy has no conviction behind his reads,  there is a big difference between the two.  What's really bad about Gorf's case is that he seems to be resistant to the elemina townreading bandwagon that's forming.  Its good to be wary of blindly townreading someone but the way he's doing it seems like he doesn't want elemina to be townread in the first place.  That's p agenda heavy and worth a vote from my end. 

1 well i mean he wrote it off in isolation himself so

2 but like the "reads" wolfy has at that point in time are like really not even reads. like idk about you but i give any player enough credit that voting someone for their opening post promising content and prodding them on it is moreso just a vote of pressure than anything, and at this time elemina has no reason to think otherwise about it. especially because he backed off on the same page. then he went off to say he p much has no scum reads. sure he doesnt have explanations behind his townreads but really what explanation are you gonna have at that point in the game

3 i aint resistant im willing to engage with it because im clearly outnumbered. im tryna understand it. i dont think elemina deserves to be townread and want somebody to talk to me about why they are. evan was kinda doing it and then he said that he doesnt really know why he townreads elemina so idk wtf to do with that

as far as your reason to townread him, it just doesnt come off as gamesolvey to me. personally i dont think its fair to townread anyone for asking questions and trying to logically deduce from them because thats easy though, so i cant really refute you saying he reads as town because hes playing the game i guess.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

bitch you dont know my story you dont know if i read long posts how dare you

no it doesnt make sense for you to react this way. do you actually think omega was curious about whether he pocketed you or not? ultimately that interaction in and of itself isnt indicative of alignment, but the idea that youre basically posturing your position with omega because of getting outplayed in a previous game is you qualifying your read of him with meta, but youre saying he needs to act town af or else he wont get more than a null read from you. so if he acts out of meta, youll townread him? like i get keeping your guard up about a player that outplayed you in the past but the logic is senseless.

but again its not quite the yolo interaction IN ISOLATION that drives my read on you but im sure youve read my posts about my read on you by this point so yea

Ok, so you got a problem with my position of Yolo. It's still null. I'm saying that I need a lot more then last game to lock him down as a town read. If he gives me more, then yes, I'll likely town read him. I openly state the meta so that others are aware of what he's done. Plus I've already drove that point home to him in this thread, out of thread, in DM, etc. Seeing as how I've said the same exact thing out of game, how unlikely would it be for me to say it as town? This is all null dude. 

If you STILL have a problem with me, it doesn't matter, because as the game goes on, you'll begin to see that I'm town anyway. Not based on meta, but in game.

Also YEAH you don't read big posts don't act like you do 

30 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

My Shinori read wasn't random. It was because he enterred the thread, told Animal to fuck off and left. I thought that was scummy and their reply to me wasn't better. Of course, you don't have reasoning to think otherwise since I never said this but it's not random.

The JC read is indepenent of other people's reads it's not a bandwagon

Okay so. I'm home, ready to tear you apart buddy.  WRT bolded this is what I said during RVS, ya know that bullshit phase.

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

Stupid vulpix

Which was literally right after this post.

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

##vote: Orihime

This is scum.   Also I'm at work I'll be off in about 4 hours. 

Now I want you to read that bolded part and really think to yourself about me just 'leaving'.

Like currently, a large portion of your 'case'(?), or scum read on me is based off of the fact that I was making a crack about a pokemon and then I was working.  Yeah?  That's your case?  That's pretty strong.

And you follow it up by just stating that my reply to you wasn't good, okay then tell people how it was bad.  I don't see you PUSHING me.  IF you are scum reading me so hard why aren't you telling other people to look at my posts or why aren't you actually bringing attention up to our interactions.  Oh that's right, you just aren't because everything about this case is poo-poo.

(i made this for fun as a joke no actual insult intended)

Spoiler

da534522ae5e075a94a9b787142b4371.png

• 426a11d5c33f1c870d7c6b9728971776.png

d060689c07dd7bbd9e380dc6be50d5b5.png

c95278db14f4e27ae1a578feb548bbf3.png

3 hours ago, Elemina said:

@Yolo: Hell no. After our last game I expect you to be town af or I'll heckle you bro. Right now I have you as null. Right now I townread Orihime for giving out opinions I feel wouldn't be beneficial for scum. Slight town on John Carter, but I want to see more from him, to understand what he really feels if you get me.

what do you mean orihime's opinions wouldn't have been beneficial for scum to have? scum fake ed1 reads all the time to look actively protown. that statement feels easy to make and rubs me in a scummy way

orihime's comment @ wolfy here is weird

everything else from like the first few pages are NAI earlygame content. john reading refa scum off his jokepost is whatever. the wolfy scumread of refa for the same reason is also whatever except i like it better because it is a fair point after refa disappeared but in his defense the game was moving fast RIGHT at daystart which is something we're not used to at SF here (we tend to have slower daystarts and more wallposts). "33 minutes ago" is uh, A LONG TIME to us SFers; i wouldn't have gotten on refa unless it'd been at least 2 or 3 hours.

elemina content is fillery when he starts repeating his questions. and asking someone for their own self-meta is ALSO REALLY BAD like imagine me asking SB "hey how do you play your D1s usually?" and expecting to believe his answer without looking into past games or (better) getting a second opinion from someone else?

however refa's read on omega is weird cuz i thought omega just always posts jokes like that (the "hey <user> get in wolfchat i'm lonely"-type jokes) but maybe i'm just not seeing something there. right now my read on omega is null.

I don't want this post to get too wally ##vote elemina this is the closest I have to a scumread, will elaborate on refa in a second

3 hours ago, wolfy said:

this guy

33 minutes ago

hasnt posted anything

wolf, die

##Vote Refa

3 hours ago, wolfy said:

who was that guy that pinged the mod and jokingly saying they're mad cuz they weren't alerted the game started?

cuz they disappeared after that

why would they get mad (even jokingly) that they werent alerted for game start

if they arent gonna be aroudn to post anyway

that guy probably a wolf

okay so after seeing the 2nd post i can now see how the first post can be seen as more than just like prodding somebody who just showed up in the thread. so that kinda becomes a moot point. i still personally dont see this as a "push" for refa, really pressure more than anything. honestly idve probably thought it strange if refa didnt post at all either. but he did, so theres that.

as far as giving easy townreads, would you rather have him just not have reads? i read em as just not really knowing what to make of the thread at a time where the thread was REALLY fresh. the difference between his and, oh idk, am's approach is that am seems like hes trying to make a presence for himself by focusing on j not answering questions, but not really doing anything else. wolfy came across as pretty much shitposting, much in the same way that marf sees j as not being worth townreading cuz hes pretty much just shitposting

4 hours ago, Orihime said:

Have townreads on Naana AM atm. 
Somewhat want to tr wolfy but respect him enough as a player to not.

59 minutes ago, Naana said:

this might be a wolf.

This is a weird interaction.  Orihime TR Naana and Naana attacking me for attacking Orihime.

HRMMM.

Vi-Astra:

Orihime gave town reads on AM and Naana, both players I would not town read openly if scum because they haven't actually given any actual townie content in my eyes. I found it unlikely that she is scum for that reason.

I repeat questions to those that dodge it, to ensure they get answered. 

I'd expect the player to answer with honesty, especially with such a simple question. I'm trying to understand them, and I don't feel like reading their games right now.

1 minute ago, Elemina said:

Vi-Astra:

Orihime gave town reads on AM and Naana, both players I would not town read openly if scum because they haven't actually given any actual townie content in my eyes. I found it unlikely that she is scum for that reason.

I repeat questions to those that dodge it, to ensure they get answered. 

I'd expect the player to answer with honesty, especially with such a simple question. I'm trying to understand them, and I don't feel like reading their games right now.

This is kind of what I was thinking WRT Orihime.  Any opinions on Naana?

I would rather ask a different player for someone else's meta for the best results

yeah I agree that's a scumnori potshot lol but I have nothing else going on him aside from that until I finish the thread read

Also you should ya know, actually drop your vote on me.  It's pretty easy, you just put in some hashtags and a colon followed by a space or two and then my name.

I'd really be interested in knowing why/how I'm wolf to you though.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Also you should ya know, actually drop your vote on me.  It's pretty easy, you just put in some hashtags and a colon followed by a space or two and then my name.

I'd really be interested in knowing why/how I'm wolf to you though.

also bold

5 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

yeah I agree that's a scumnori potshot lol but I have nothing else going on him aside from that until I finish the thread read

Explain how it's a pot shot.  I think that's scum trying to buddy up to a townie.