Training Mafia 3.0: Advanced - GAMEOVER

Iris

Additionally, if I was reading the gamestate right, Evan wasn't the most likely lynch that day before I went there, that was Bart. Note that my unvote post was sniped by your post where you moved to Evan, so FMPOV I was going to be the 3rd vote there. If I'm attempting to get Bart lynched, it would be more beneficial to go there, he had as much votes on him and seemed more likely to get lynched. Basically the whole game was scumreading him back then so I won't lose towncred from contributing to a mislych there either.

TL;DR Moving from a virtual vote on Bart to starting a pressure wagon on you, leaving that as soon as it gains traction and then bussing Evan as opposed to mislynching Bart makes no sense from the perspective of scum!me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Additionally, if I was reading the gamestate right, Evan wasn't the most likely lynch that day before I went there, that was Bart. Note that my unvote post was sniped by your post where you moved to Evan, so FMPOV I was going to be the 3rd vote there. If I'm attempting to get Bart lynched, it would be more beneficial to go there, he had as much votes on him and seemed more likely to get lynched. Basically the whole game was scumreading him back then so I won't lose towncred from contributing to a mislych there either.

TL;DR Moving from a virtual vote on Bart to starting a pressure wagon on you, leaving that as soon as it gains traction and then bussing Evan as opposed to mislynching Bart makes no sense from the perspective of scum!me.

"My unvote post" - not referring to the post where I literally unvoted, but the post where I said I was going to unvote, which was the post before.

16 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

@Zeonth I'm confused as to why Mackc get's moved further to town after a townflip from Bart. I get you've got this spicy thing wrt me, which is gas, but how does he look better then Fable? I personally think a townflip from Bart looks awful for Mackc, and maybe good for fable?

It’s more of a gut feeling. I see it as more likely you and fable are together than you and Mack, with my biggest reasons for a mack scumread atm as his lack of original thoughts and basic copy-catting of my/rad reads. He’s beginning to read as more neutral to me, with my scumread on him being for lack of more solid scumread a elsewhere, all of my other ones being situational to how bart will flip today. 

15 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

This is incorrect. The votes were:

Zeo 4 (athena, maka, fenrir, bart)

evan 1 (fable)

bart 2 (xand, mack) 

*xand moves to evan

*zeo moves to evan

*athena makes a post claiming an unlynch from pressure but not to who

votals: 

Zeo 4 (athena, Maka, fenrir, bart)

evan 3 (fable, xand, Zeo)

bart 1 (mack) 

*you switch to evan

Follow-up, the post you made after my vote and before your vote is important as it would have shown my vote on evan. This takes away from your theory that I sniped another vote onto evan and you would have been third, as you would know I was there and still have placed it. 

Hm, you're right, I missed nadroj moving away from Bart, that does counter my point.

4 minutes ago, Zeonth said:

Follow-up, the post you made after my vote and before your vote is important as it would have shown my vote on evan. This takes away from your theory that I sniped another vote onto evan and you would have been third, as you would know I was there and still have placed it. 

This I would object against though, as the time between my two posts was 2 minutes. Me reading your post, seeing your vote on evan, deciding to change my plan of voting Bart to bussing, thinking of a reason to accompany my busvote and also writing the post is something I don't think I can pull off within that time frame. Not that it matters much as Bart was on 1, which I could've noticed.

22 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

Is it scummy though? What does scum have to gain by finding the vigilante? We can't just rely on claim either cause claiming as that vigshot is free towncred so why wouldn't some scum just lie and say they are the vig? 

source.gif

7 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Hm, you're right, I missed nadroj moving away from Bart, that does counter my point.

This I would object against though, as the time between my two posts was 2 minutes. Me reading your post, seeing your vote on evan, deciding to change my plan of voting Bart to bussing, thinking of a reason to accompany my busvote and also writing the post is something I don't think I can pull off within that time frame. Not that it matters much as Bart was on 1, which I could've noticed.

I cannot day for sure, as I do not know how your thought process works or what your typing speed is. A lot is possible in 2 minutes, the decision didn’t have to be well thought out if it was a spur of the moment reaction. Your objection is not something you can prove, and so I will consider it null and keep my situational scumread on you. 

Besides, my scumread on you only has feasibility if bart flips town. You don’t think he will, do you? After all, you are one of the votes on him. 

22 hours ago, athena_57 said:

This holds for Fable too by the way, who posted ITP spec after my initial post pointing Junk at the rules.

It's not remotely the same.

If there's a SK we would need to talk about that,  you don't ask who the vig is if you think there is one lol. 

2 minutes ago, Zeonth said:

I cannot day for sure, as I do not know how your thought process works or what your typing speed is. A lot is possible in 2 minutes, the decision didn’t have to be well thought out if it was a spur of the moment reaction. Your objection is not something you can prove, and so I will consider it null and keep my situational scumread on you. 

Besides, my scumread on you only has feasibility if bart flips town. You don’t think he will, do you? After all, you are one of the votes on him. 

I'm not impulsive as a scumplayer. Not even remotely, just check one of my scumgames, all I do is wallpost. Maybe I can force myself into posting more loosely as I'm doing this game, but making a snap-decision like that is not something scum!me does, especially if I can just as easily vote Bart/just unvote and write an actual case on Evan later after thinking on it some more. Selfmeta is always iffy, but I think you can find this yourself if you read one of my scumgames.

I don't think he will flip town, I think there's a high chance he flips scum, that doesn't mean I refuse to think about the case where he flips town. And interacting with you this way helps me get a better read on you then I get by reading your readslists.

8 minutes ago, Fable said:

It's not remotely the same.

If there's a SK we would need to talk about that,  you don't ask who the vig is if you think there is one lol. 

That statement was not referring to Mackc vighunting, that was referring to Mackc talking about the possible existense of an ITP.

I would like to further push my point of fable being more likely scumteam with athena if bart flips town. 

Mack  I was an early lynch on bart d2 and swapped to evan when bart didn’t have steam. This implies mack went from bussing one partner to bussing another. This is something I missed until athena had me go back to double check. 

Meanwhile, fable, the ratio is mentioned in the rules. It started as 10v3, not 10v3v1 or w/e. There is no sk. 

Updated scumreads: 

bart + fabel

if bart flips town: 

arhena + fable

note, I am not completely clearing mack from the possibility of scum. 

9 minutes ago, Zeonth said:

Mack  I was an early lynch on bart d2 and swapped to evan when bart didn’t have steam. This implies mack went from bussing one partner to bussing another. This is something I missed until athena had me go back to double check. 

What conclusion are you drawing from this?

8 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

I'm not impulsive as a scumplayer. Not even remotely, just check one of my scumgames, all I do is wallpost. Maybe I can force myself into posting more loosely as I'm doing this game, but making a snap-decision like that is not something scum!me does, especially if I can just as easily vote Bart/just unvote and write an actual case on Evan later after thinking on it some more. Selfmeta is always iffy, but I think you can find this yourself if you read one of my scumgames.

I don't think he will flip town, I think there's a high chance he flips scum, that doesn't mean I refuse to think about the case where he flips town. And interacting with you this way helps me get a better read on you then I get by reading your readslists.

Sorry, your first half of this post is meaningless to me. The way you played in a past game holds no meaning to the way you play now. It has long been a belief of mine that playstyles can change on a whim and that metagaming only hurts the mafia experience as a whole and takes away from the headbands you have to play to get your reads. I refer you back to evan, who apparently played similar to how he did this time as how he did as town in a past game. 

Note, this is a belief, not a throw-away thought to push my narrative. It has been a thing I have believed since early in my mafia career and I’m sure xand and rad can easily testify to my disgust for metagaming. 

The second half is fair, as this will help me to determine how I feel about you in d4 idle bart flips town. Assuming we both live. Scum decides that.