Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

Now the characters of Fire Emblem are critically praised by all sides for their depth, likability, and contributions to the story. However, ironmanning is considered needlessly difficult, if not impossible, and a single moment of RNG screwage can bring an entire game to its knees.

I wish that Taguel Risen (or is it Risen Taguel?) where a thing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, SMEDIA said:

You forgot to come up with a wish.

Oof, my apologies.

Granted. It is locked as a boss in a DLC chapter of Awakening, requiring you to spend $40.The DLC doesn't have anything else interesting though - it's just a 40 dollar map with some weak enemies and one Taguel Risen as a boss.

I wish the next FE had a multitude of legendary weapons like in FE4.

They all become very gimmicky, and some characters are able to solo the game easily because they have a busted OP weapon and the hammerne staff exists. This makes the game both way too complicated and way too easy.

I wish FE16 introduced some completely new character archetypes to the series, and breathed new life into the franchise.

The new archetypes that are introduced come off as bland or gimmicky, and the old archetypes had been completely scrapped for the new ones, so the game doesn't do too well from a gamer's standpoint.

Quick side note, I'd be down for some new archetypes introduced.

For the sake of what would happen, I wish Naga never existed.

Naga never existed, so now there is a giant plot hole in pretty much the entire lore behind the Falchion, Manaketes and Akaneia in general.

I wish people would stop shipping Eirika with Ephraim. It's disgusting, as the man himself said.

Now Erika is shipped with a sacred stone and Ephraim with the words "I don't pick battles I can't win."

...My knowledge of shipping comes solely from TV Tropes, and being honest, that tells me enough.

I wish there was an FE game about Shanty Pete.

It's unironically good. It explores themes of class struggles, government corruption, and crime in a deep story about when it could be justified to commit acts of wrong. It is also wrapped in amazing gameplay (including a fun gimmick of boats actually moving around during naval combat), a great cast of characters, and an intense difficulty curve that keeps both casuals and hardcore fans alike engaged.

Unfortunately, IS misinterprets the positive feedback to this game as the fans wanting more games set in Archanea. They then release a ton of games based around this time, most of which are terrible. This, combined with the high expectations set by Shanty Pete's game cause people to rapidly lose faith in the franchise, and leave in droves.

I wish I had the ability to wield FE's healing staves in real life.

Granted, but unless you work in an Emergency Room or something like that, then you’ll never have the opportunity to use them.

I wish people would rank the FE series as superior when compared to Final Fantasy.

Eventually, Fire Emblem is considered an RPG-strategy-puzzle game, where you're given a set group of characters, items, and stats to work with, and then have to complete a level with that. Although it's popular, several fans, new and old, lament the days where a character being RNG blessed/cursed was a thing.

I wish Stahl's ending told us what his wife actually did (beyond support their husband, that is).

It's revealed that Stahl is actually a psychopathic molester and a giant sadist and keeps her locked up in a dungeon somewhere, only visiting her when he needs to satisfy his "urges". Gregor and Kellam help him out from time to time.

... Aaaand I just ruined Stahl, Gregor and Kellam for me. R.I.P.

I wish my brain wasn't filled with so much dark crap.

I wish Three Houses to be a good game that is worth buying a Switch for.

It is most certainly worth a switch and is considered a good game... barely.

I wish there was a side game or manga series that explained what Laurent did with those 5 years to himself.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It's a text adventure that details his "exciting" life as a librarian.

I wish there was a game, anime or manga about the book Genny wanted to write in SOV.

It's essentially lemonparty the anime. After all, she likes older men.

I wish you'd get more of a reaction to deaths of party members like in PoR or SoV in future games as opposed to no one really acknowledging deaths.

2 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

It's essentially lemonparty the anime. After all, she likes older men.

I wish you'd get more of a reaction to deaths of party members like in PoR or SoV in future games as opposed to no one really acknowledging deaths.

The reactions are very generic and impersonal and don't change based on support levels. Also, some death quotes will be "hilarious" quips and jokes and a huge number of people will feel (perhaps rightfully) offended by that, creating a huge backlash against IntSys that will get the studio shut down and Fire Emblem into the ground.

I wish the next game puts more emphasis on terrain.

Edited by DragonFlames

Granted, but they start surrounding putting mountains everywhere; they even surround the boss in mountains.

I wish is that there was some kind of crossover with Hollywood celebrities.

For example: Kim Kardashian is useless in combat herself, but she can be some kind of use, right,’?

The game is immediately aged, as they choose obscure and niche celebrities that few people know about.

As for commenting on things I've been meaning to for a small while now...

On 7/24/2018 at 4:26 PM, Rex Glacies said:

Granted. It is locked as a boss in a DLC chapter of Awakening, requiring you to spend $40.The DLC doesn't have anything else interesting though - it's just a 40 dollar map with some weak enemies and one Taguel Risen as a boss.

Let me guess: they take panne or yarnes model, stick a risen mask on it, and then give the transformation voice alteration to the risen sound affects.

I can easily see them doing that.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:03 PM, The_antithesis said:

It's unironically good. It explores themes of class struggles, government corruption, and crime in a deep story about when it could be justified to commit acts of wrong. It is also wrapped in amazing gameplay (including a fun gimmick of boats actually moving around during naval combat), a great cast of characters, and an intense difficulty curve that keeps both casuals and hardcore fans alike engaged.

Unfortunately, IS misinterprets the positive feedback to this game as the fans wanting more games set in Archanea. They then release a ton of games based around this time, most of which are terrible. This, combined with the high expectations set by Shanty Pete's game cause people to rapidly lose faith in the franchise, and leave in droves.

...is it bad that I honestly wouldn't mind if this happened?

12 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It's a text adventure that details his "exciting" life as a librarian.

...and now I want I Fire Emblem game in the style of the Kings Quest series.

I wish that there was a Fire Emblem game with the style of Kings Quest.

The stat boosts Corrin gains exceed the number-limit the game has, causing the game to permanently crash and your 3DS to heat up and explode.

I wish Awakening had Reaver weapons.

The reaver weapons are extremely unbalanced and enemy-locked weapons, meaning the player has no access to them without hacking, and it makes the game nigh unplayable.

I wish armor units weren't unplayable (useless) in certain games.

Edited by indigospace

43 minutes ago, indigospace said:

The reaver weapons are extremely unbalanced and enemy-locked weapons, meaning the player has no access to them without hacking, and it makes the game nigh unplayable.

I wish armor units weren't unplayable in certain games.

(What? There are games without armored units?) Granted, but now they're useless in those certain games because their movement much less than normal and start with axes rather than lances. This doesn't help given their low hit rates.

I wish for an official comic/manga about Forneus and his research and work towards creating Grima set during the time he was working on Grima.

Edited by Arcphoenix

12 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

(What? There are games without armored units?) Granted, but now they're useless in those certain games because their movement much less than normal and start with axes rather than lances. This doesn't help given their low hit rates.

I wish for an official comic/manga about Forneus and his research and work towards creating Grima set during the time he was working on Grima.

(Whoops, I meant useless, like FE6 armor knights. Oh well, my bad.)

Granted, but it's incredibly short with the same information given to us in Echoes. The only new content is what Forneus looked like.

I wish we got that scrapped 3rd generation in Genealogy of the Holy War as a standalone game.

There are a tonne of references to the original FE4 which the casual fanbase doesn't get. This significantly worsens the fandom split, causing IS to be boycotted into dropping FE entirely.

I wish IS re-released FE9 and FE10 as a single game...

Preferably with actual marketing!!

The marketing is in similar quality to the Fire Emblem 7 commercial, becoming the laughingstock of the internet, and attracting the wrong crowd of people to the game.

Also, due to basically being two very big games in one, they jack up the price to the point were getting all three versions of Fates looks cheap.

Oh, and the easy mode glitch still exists.

I wish Donnel dodged.

9 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

The marketing is in similar quality to the Fire Emblem 7 commercial, becoming the laughingstock of the internet, and attracting the wrong crowd of people to the game.

Also, due to basically being two very big games in one, they jack up the price to the point were getting all three versions of Fates looks cheap.

Oh, and the easy mode glitch still exists.

I wish Donnel dodged.

Granted. Donnel ducked the attack, but gets benched due to getting rng screwed so bad it shouldn't be possible.

I wish that Fates didn't feel like it was pushing you to use the royals so much.

Edited by Mad-manakete