Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This causes the Lord's late promotion problem to be even worse!
Also, growth rates are nerfed to gaiden levels to compensate for the increased class-change bonuses.

I wish the Avatar next game here a Jagen archetype.

2 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

This causes the Lord's late promotion problem to be even worse!
Also, growth rates are nerfed to gaiden levels to compensate for the increased class-change bonuses.

I wish the Avatar next game here a Jagen archetype.

Granted, but this avatar is the most likeable character in the series, so everyone is pained when his usefulness falls off.

I wish for an immediate prequel to Awakening detailing her dealings in her version of the future, maybe with a bunch of new characters and another lord who stay behind to watch over the world while the children characters leaves. Said game would also cover human behavior when the world goes to heck as a major theme and people seeking for hope

Edited by Arcphoenix

To pad out the roster, there are a bunch of characters in there that canonically die (Nah's siblings, the illegitimate child between Robin and Tharja from their A support, etc.) and the game is insanely hard (think FE5 but worse, and with being forced to use multiple Est archetypes) to make sure that at least most of those characters DO die. To stand a chance, players would be all but forced to use an FE13 save file to jack up the children's growths. The player is also forced to sacrifice units practically every other chapter due to having to bait out the risen constantly. Huge swathes of the "casual" fanbase get brutally stomped by this game, and they quit without realising that the hopelessness is the whole point.

The old-game elitists, on the other hand, have an absolute field day with the brutally hard, narratively engaging game!

I wish they made a mid-quel between FE4 and FE1 detailing how Seliph's descendants ended up in Archanea to become the ancestors of Anri, if just to confirm my fan theory.

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

As a final topper the shopkeepers are all Morshu and the Lord is King Harkinian for no reason.

How much for a copy?

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It'll also be the most popular anime for a year or two and more people will buy Fire Emblem games expecting elements from said anime, so the next few FE games are basically this anime over and over again: Gary Stu protag, females that only exist for wish-fulfillment (one for each fetish) and creepy / molester-y antagonist.

As I understand it that isn't too far from the current situation.

7 hours ago, Lost Impact said:

Fire Emblem Warriors has a characters fom each game, but it's random bosses that no one remembered. 

Oh boy I can't wait to play as Boies from Fire Emblem 7.

Granted, but because it exists literally just to confirm that theory, it's a five dollar mobile game which doesn't even have tactics based gameplay, it's a heavily railroaded choose-your-own adventure game with obnoxious protagonists and contrived situations.

I wish for an elaborate re-imaging of Sacred Stones' plot, with a subtle and manipulative demon king driving the events of a story in a world inspired by Zoroastrian mythology. Gotta make the temple flame mentioned in like literally one cutscene important.

The demon king is as subtle as Emperor Palpatine (during the prequels, anyway. He's actually one of the most diabolical masterminds in fictional history in the EU), and the references to Zoroastrian are kinda just there.

I wish that there was a character that references James McCloud (who in turn, is a reference to James McCloud).

Granted, but he is never actually seen in-game and only mentioned. The only time he is ever seen is in obscure promotional artwork that can only be found in the dark web. His son isn't even a reference to Fox McCloud in any way.

I wish for a futuristic setting in a Fire Emblem game someday. Or even a modern one.

1 hour ago, indigospace said:

Granted, but he is never actually seen in-game and only mentioned. The only time he is ever seen is in obscure promotional artwork that can only be found in the dark web. His son isn't even a reference to Fox McCloud in any way.

I wish for a futuristic setting in a Fire Emblem game someday. Or even a modern one.

latest?cb=20170401061540&format=original

Alternatively, they make it into a mecha and ignore all past game mechanics instead going for a beat-em up style gameplay controlling a single character.

(Now that I'm saying this, this is a game I never knew I wanted until now. An FE set in the future with Mechas retaining all the gameplay mechanics)

I wish for Hrid to become a playable in Heroes, F2P even, obtained in the story like Fjorm.

Edited by Arcphoenix

The paired ending is an extremely abusive relationship that totally destroys your (and everyone elses) opinion of Rolf.

I wish that Fire Emblem would venture into the territory of characters who are married prior to being recruited again (Pent + Louise) and therefore will be married come endgame no matter what.

6 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

The paired ending is an extremely abusive relationship that totally destroys your (and everyone elses) opinion of Rolf.

I wish that Fire Emblem would venture into the territory of characters who are married prior to being recruited again (Pent + Louise) and therefore will be married come endgame no matter what.

They can only recieve support bonuses from eachother and one dies a few chapters after getting them. This becomes the archetype.

I wish for this:

15 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

(Now that I'm saying this, this is a game I never knew I wanted until now. An FE set in the future with Mechas retaining all the gameplay mechanics)

It's effects are even more ludicrous, with the possibility that a unit could outright die from exhaustion. On the bright side, it applies to your enemies as well.

I wish that a Taguel Warren was a level in Awakening.

The taguel have all been turned into risen so you have to kill them.

I wish PoR and RD were easier to get for people who didn't get them at release.

He remains sword-locked, and he's just as useless as before. Only now he has slightly better stats and is no longer at level 20 for a most of the game.

15 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The taguel have all been turned into risen so you have to kill them.

I discussed this with someone else already, but shape-shifting zombie rabbit warriors are something I didn't realize I needed in my life.

I wish there was a Fire Emblem game that had the art style of Awkward Zombie.

1 minute ago, Hawkwing said:

I wish there was a Fire Emblem game that had the art style of Awkward Zombie.

Katie Tiedrich, Awkward Zombie's creator, sues IS for stealing her artstyle and wins. No more FE games are made because they lost so much money.

I wish for a SS remake where you can do both paths at the same time like in Gaiden/Echoes.

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I wish for a SS remake where you can do both paths at the same time like in Gaiden/Echoes.

Granted, but it's even easier than before and none of the characters are likeable anymore 

i wish I wouldn't keep dying in the arena 

The game runs at 4 frames per second and the resolution is crap.

... What? Were you expecting a long rant again that ends up in a very, very dark place? My brain isn't always that weird, you know?

I wish for the capture mechanic from Thracia to make a return (not the botched Fates version).

Your enemies-turned-allies can stab you in the back. Additionally, the enemy can capture your units. allowing for an effective OHKO regardless of stats for the enemy. If a jerk with a net gets within 5 spaces of your Lord,   G A M E    O V E R . . .
This makes the game's difficulty like if Thracia has Lunatic+ mode, and many fans quit as a result.

I wish people stopped hating on Tokyo Mirage Sessions. It was bad, but it wasn't that bad.

People stop hating that game, but it still doesn't get a sequel, because Atlus doesn't want to be anywhere near Nintendo anymore. They also cancel SMTV and make an SMT-themed DDR game instead.

I wish Fire Emblem would take a few pages out of Stella Glow's book and give every character about equal screen time and plot importance. I'll even deal with having less characters as a result (more than 60 characters is vastly overdoing it, anyway).