August Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

19 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

Inb4 it’s a red bow Anna, pls IS, you know we want it

That's why I wanted her for a red month too :P While I'm not a fervent fan of hers, I think being the franchise's mascot warrants a Legendary at some point~

18 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Would you pick a CYL3 Eirika or a Legendary Eirika? 

CYL, definitely. While a part of me hopes SS gets a rep whenever a seasonal or LHB comes around, I also dread Eirika being on them and hurting her chances of winning CYL 3. That said, Camilla has a full Emblem team with colour coverage and two members that target Def and Res each, yet she still has her CYL supporters, which makes me incredibly salty...

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That's why I wanted her for a red month too :P

CYL, definitely. While a part of me hopes SS gets a rep whenever a seasonal or LHB comes around, I also dread Eirika being on them and hurting her chances of winning CYL 3. That said, Camilla has a full Emblem team with colour coverage and two members that target Def and Res each, yet she still has her CYL supporters, which makes me incredibly salty...

I think Eirika was cheated due to receiving an alt a couple of days after the voting began. Even after the 7 days, her vote total were only 1k less than Veronica IIRC so I think she could have won if it wasn't for the alt. So I would like to see her win CYL3. I'm still going to vote for Micaiah though but what do you think about her winning CYL3? 

32 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think Eirika was cheated due to receiving an alt a couple of days after the voting began. Even after the 7 days, her vote total were only 1k less than Veronica IIRC so I think she could have won if it wasn't for the alt. So I would like to see her win CYL3. I'm still going to vote for Micaiah though but what do you think about her winning CYL3? 

If we consider the results of CYL 2, Camilla and Eirika are possible candidates for CYL 3 in the female side, while Marth and Alm are possible candidates for CYL 3 in the male side. Of course we don't know what are the vote from players who voted for the CYL 2 winners or what can happen until the CYL 3 that change people's votes, because we can have others alts that negatively affect the characters the same way Eirika was affected this year. Even with a Legendary Hero form, I will vote for Marth. I would love to see a CYL version of another original character. If IS doesn't make Hríd a playable character this year, he will probably be a good candidate because most of people like his design.

Other thing that influenced Veronica's votes was IS show us the current votes in the middle of the event. When this happened, Veronica was in 4th or 5th place. This made me use and final votes for her.

NintendoWire-FireEmblemHeroes-ChooseYour

Edited by Diovani Bressan

15 hours ago, Hilda said:

there are 2 colorless legendarys heroes left to be included. Who will it be!!!

Why 2? We know of one in November, then there could be any number in later months.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I agree and I'm still grumpy about this. That said, I'm still afraid another alt will hurt Eirika's chances when it wouldn't hurt others...

As for Micaiah, I'd like her to get more love too! I think she deserves it after getting shafted in RD :'P

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I agree and I'm still grumpy about this. That said, I'm still afraid another alt will hurt Eirika's chances when it wouldn't hurt others...

As for Micaiah, I'd like her to get more love too! I think she deserves it after getting shafted in RD :'P

Why would it only hurt Eirika's chances but no one else? I think Eirika is a shoe in for CYL3. I'm confident she'll make it because Celica voters will most likely flock to her. Veronica voters might go for Loki or Laegjarn. It's Micaiah who I'm less confident about. 

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why would it only hurt Eirika's chances but no one else? I think Eirika is a shoe in for CYL3. I'm confident she'll make it because Celica voters will most likely flock to her. Veronica voters might go for Loki or Laegjarn. It's Micaiah who I'm less confident about. 

I guess I'm just being pessimistic, or maybe my opinion has been coloured by the backlash Eiricav got while Camilla still has CYL supporters despite having a full team. I know it's silly, but I'm still worried, dangit!

Thank you for your vote of confidence! And while I like Laegjarn (and would be pretty salty if Loki won), I'd really like Micaiah to win alongside Eirika :)

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If we consider the results of CYL 2, Camilla and Eirika are possible candidates for CYL 3 in the female side, while Marth and Alm are possible candidates for CYL 3 in the male side. Of course we don't know what are the vote from players who voted for the CYL 2 winners or what can happen until the CYL 3 that change people's votes, because we can have others alts that negatively affect the characters the same way Eirika was affected this year. Even with a Legendary Hero form, I will vote for Marth. I would love to see a CYL version of another original character. If IS doesn't make Hríd a playable character this year, he will probably be a good candidate because most of people like his design.

Other thing that influenced Veronica's votes was IS show us the current votes in the middle of the event. When this happened, Veronica was in 4th or 5th place. This made me use and final votes for her.

Considering how high Loki was in CYL2 and the fact that Veronica voters might go for another OG character, Loki might be a possible candidate. 

I don't think Marth will be affected due to alts because he only has 3 versions in total which is less than Xander and Takumi despite him being the OG lord, OG FE Smash rep, etc. Marth is almost guaranteed to win. I want to see what would happen if both Marths win spots number 1 and number 2. 

I agree that Alm is also a likely candidate due to being the only western lord with zero alts. 

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I guess I'm just being pessimistic, or maybe my opinion has been coloured by the backlash Eiricav got while Camilla still has CYL supporters despite having a full team. I know it's silly, but I'm still worried, dangit!

Thank you for your vote of confidence! And while I like Laegjarn (and would be pretty salty if Loki won), I'd really like Micaiah to win alongside Eirika :)

Well I think poor Eirika got more flack because she was on a "new heroes" banner where people expect new heroes, not alts. Of course, there were many characters who started taking the spot of new heroes but they ended up getting less people mad due to people getting used to such a practice. 

Laegjarn seems like a strong character for an OG Heroes character. 

I think Eirika and Marth are shoe ins due to no real competition. Camilla doesn't have as much universal appeal which is why we don't see a character like her and instead we see female lords winning. 

Edited by Icelerate

31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I want to see what would happen if both Marths win spots number 1 and number 2. 

That's would be funny! Too bad we can vote for Masked Marth anymore.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

47 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Camilla doesn't have as much universal appeal

She still got 3rd place here and 4th place last year, which worries me :P

At least FE3H got delayed, since Edelgard and one/both of the male Lords are shoe-ins for CYL4.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's would be funny! Too bad we can vote for Masked Marth anymore.

I wonder what was the point of alternative versions of these characters if they get dropped if one of them wins. I wonder if there will be a campaign to get both Marths into the top 2 places. Sure that could cost Marth victory but seeing him eventually get both slots would be more fun than having him win naturally ASAP IMO. 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

She still got 3rd place here and 4th place last year, which worries me :P

At least FE3H got delayed, since Edelgard and one/both of the male Lords are shoe-ins for CYL4.

I agree that Edelgard will stomp the competition. She only has one line but it's intriguing and she'll perhaps be a deeper character compared to most FE lords. 

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I wonder what was the point of alternative versions of these characters if they get dropped if one of them wins. I wonder if there will be a campaign to get both Marths into the top 2 places. Sure that could cost Marth victory but seeing him eventually get both slots would be more fun than having him win naturally ASAP IMO. 

I agree that Edelgard will stomp the competition. She only has one line but it's intriguing and she'll perhaps be a deeper character compared to most FE lords. 

That too, but she'd also be from the latest game and a waifu :P

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the newest thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.