August’s Legendary Hero - Marth: Hero-King (August 28 ~ )

Coolmanio

So it finally happened. Well regardless, he looks really good. Doubling visible buffs makes him pair well with his groom alt and somewhat ironically, OG Ephraim, and his B skill is basically dragonbreaker+dragonsweep rolled into one. And he gets a better regnal astra lol

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth looks so amazing! I love everything about him and it's about time he got an epic unit, and it's everything I wanted and more!

...I say, looking at my 5 total orbs.

But I won't whine about it, I don't regret summoning on the CYL2 banner or getting two Veronicas. I'll probably just try to get Marth the next time he comes out... in a few months ^^;

So, um, how exactly does Exalted Falchion work? Specifically, what does this mean:

"Grants bonus to ATK/SPD/DEF/RES during combat = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently."

I have no idea what this is, and the closest I can come to picturing how it works is as some kind of refined-Seiglinde-owl-tome-y thing, but I'm sure that's not what it is.

Also, gonna pull Red exclusively after the first-session-full-pull, since Red has Marth With The Best Shield Ever (who I want), Swordhardt (who I guess could be merged into my current one if I pull him), and Lene (who I want). Not sure how much I'll sink into this, since I still need to worry about the CYL2 banner until I get someone off of it, but I'll worry about that tomorrow/Tuesday.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who would you propose for a Red Tome? Legendary must be OC or Lord or pseudo-Lord (Ryoma). Who would seem fine using a Red Tome? Micaiah alone would work, maybe Roy if push came to shoved off a cliff. Alm is the only real contender for a Red Bow. A Red Dagger Lord? Maybe Leif in the sense that he fights a little dirtier what with Capturing and all. Legendary Tiki for Red Breath? Well she isn't a main character, but she has enough to her to maybe eek it out.

At the end of the day, blame FE's history of sword bias on mains and the roster as a whole.

Honestly, they had a really good chance to make Hrid a red bow or a red mage instead of giving him yet another sword. Leif canonically can use every weapon except dark magic in FE4, he should not get another sword. Roy wielding a dragonstone could be pretty cool, but that would make this version of Roy the product Eliwood/Ninian, which I am not sure if Heroes wants to do. Male or female Corrin could have a red dragonstone -- preferably male Corrin since default female Corrin is already a dragonstone user.

They did justice to the hero king.  Look at that shield!  He is actually wielding the fire emblem!  The art is gorgeous and the skillset looks insane.

However one thing that worries me is his B slot, dragons get a lot of hate but this seems crazy.  It looks like that means he can single handedly take out entire dragon teams by himself regardless of color and there is little they can do about it.  RIP dragon emblem?  

This will be the first legendary banner I pretty much skip except for the one full pull for the free session.  I have 2 or more of every color except red, in which I only have Lene.  Marth will return on a banner that will hopefully have more units I lack and want.  I need to save for the upcoming new heroes banner.  Only got 100ish orbs atm.

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, um, how exactly does Exalted Falchion work? Specifically, what does this mean:

"Grants bonus to ATK/SPD/DEF/RES during combat = current bonus on each of unit's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently."

I have no idea what this is, and the closest I can come to picturing how it works is as some kind of refined-Seiglinde-owl-tome-y thing, but I'm sure that's not what it is.

Effectively he gets double value from buffs on him, pretty much. A Hone Attack for example will show +4 on his stat, but he gets another +4 during combat (Spur effect) while it's on.

Edited by Humanoid

I am so happy with Legendary Marth!

If I understood his weapon right, he receive a combat buff if he has a field buff? For exemple... if Legendary marth receive a +6 Atk from a Atk Tactic, he will also receive a +6 Atk during combat, for a total of +12 Atk. If this is right, he is perfect for Tactic Teams!

Fire Emblem is amazing too! It's a great special. It's a weaker version of Regnal Astra, but have extra All-stats Balm.

Atk/Spd Bond is a great skill.

Binding Shield is good and bad at the same time. In arena, against dragon teams, it's a amazing skill. But, if there is no dragon foe, it's useless. I will probably give him Desperation.

And Infantry Flash because.. why not, right?

Just give hima Reposition (or dual rally for arena) and Flasing Blade Seal and he is ready to roll.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who would you propose for a Red Tome? Legendary must be OC or Lord or pseudo-Lord (Ryoma). Who would seem fine using a Red Tome? Micaiah alone would work, maybe Roy if push came to shoved off a cliff. Alm is the only real contender for a Red Bow. A Red Dagger Lord? Maybe Leif in the sense that he fights a little dirtier what with Capturing and all. Legendary Tiki for Red Breath? Well she isn't a main character, but she has enough to her to maybe eek it out.

You're forgetting Celica who has a Golden Dagger and magic. Red dagger and red tome right there.

"Legendary hero? Please. I've done nothing so grand as to earn such a title." 

Dude, agreed.

I own none of the red units but I'm already committed to not spending on this banner and instead saving for next month's. Nothing personal, Marth, I'm just trying to get the most value out of my orbs. I'll grab any reds that appear  for the first session and then bail.

Pretty sweet banner. I didn't think I'd have any interest in Marth, but his skills look amazing and he's also a fire hero, which is the only element I don't have any legendary for.

I want at least 2/3 on every color, but getting blocked by Gunnthra or Fjorm would suck. I wish I hadn't spent any orbs on the CYL banner at all now. (it was only 35, but they got me nothing and that could make a difference here..)

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

"Legendary hero? Please. I've done nothing so grand as to earn such a title." 

Dude, agreed.

I am not being a Marth fan boy, but he deserves more than Ryoma.  I would also say he deserves more than Robin, because she is a Legendary Villain.

I wonder if OG Marth will ever get that sword as a refine. OVERDRIVE Falchion is definitely worth it but using the new Falchion on a tactics team would be rad.

Just imagine running Marth with a full tactics team and Lancina with Spd/Atk Drive. Marth gets +18/18/12/12

Edited by NekoKnight

Finally!! Marth is finally getting some more love and he's an excellent unit. Good thing he's a legendary hero so I don't have to worry about when he'll come back on a banner(I've got no orbs). I'm just really happy for Marth ?

Have people been this inept at dealing with dragons that they needed this overkilling delete button for them? Was it too hard to just put, let's say, Anna in range of a Nowi and just end the turn? This is hilarious and pathetic at the same time, but whatever, let's also make Eirika look bad while we are at it. That last bit bugs me more than I expected.

Well, he'll definitely be a good unit with a very effective kit that anyone can use successfully and one of the best candidates for Tactic teams; not sure yet if I'll pull more than green, but I'll definitely avoid blue, had enough Lancinas for a while, and I know the game won't give me the other two. Same goes for green, where I'll pull Alfonse, or red, where it would be another dust-collecting and bench-warming Reinhardt, the ones I wouldn't want.

I know I should skip the banner in its entirety, but hey, I'm a sucker.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Effectively he gets double value from buffs on him, pretty much. A Hone Attack for example will show +4 on his stat, but he gets another +4 during combat (Spur effect) while it's on.

...I'm really hoping regular Marth gets access to this weapon a couple months down the line, because I have no faith in my ability to pull this man (doubt I'll get any 5-Stars this go around, or if I do they'll be Swordhardt instead of Marth or Lene) but I still really want that weapon.

Thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

You're forgetting Celica who has a Golden Dagger and magic. Red dagger and red tome right there.

I ruled her out thinking on the short-term with her just having gotten Braved. She could work, but I'd be a little disappointed, since we would then have Celica Emblem, and it'd be all Red, probably all short-fused offense too. C'mon Blue Se-ra-phim!

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly, they had a really good chance to make Hrid a red bow or a red mage instead of giving him yet another sword. Leif canonically can use every weapon except dark magic in FE4, he should not get another sword. Roy wielding a dragonstone could be pretty cool, but that would make this version of Roy the product Eliwood/Ninian, which I am not sure if Heroes wants to do. Male or female Corrin could have a red dragonstone -- preferably male Corrin since default female Corrin is already a dragonstone user.

Has Hrid actually appeared on the battlefield at all? Is there any room to make him into one of those decorative sword possessors?

Leif- well the problem is the Bragi Sword, you can't rest perfectly easy knowing that exists. As for Red Tome- Master Knight not having Dark access, and Valflame being limited to Major Fjalar Blood restricts him to Bolganone barring an OC weapon insofar as Red Tomes go. Red Daggers and Bows are still open though.

I don't think they'll Dragonstone Roy, they've avoided this issue for quite some time. And Red would make sense given his hair and the BB, but Ninian is Ice, so Blue would be the other, equally likely choice. 

As for Corrin, I'd agree to Male for the sake of showing both Corrins able to use both of their default weapon types. Since Male Corrin has the boxart association with Birthright and Hoshido, and fire is associated with Hoshido via the Blazing Yato, calling his personal weapon "Dawn Breath", as in the Dawn Dragon of Hoshido, even if Dawn sounds more like Light and hence Blue, would be feasible.

Exalted Falchion doubles the bonuses on Marth, isn't this... OP? The rest looks cool, maybe the Special charge is too low.

Red is open for me, blue is Brave Lucina or Nephenee, green is Gunthrrá or Hector, and colorless Faye.

Marth and Nephenee sounds cool, but I am not sure if I need the rest of them right now.

37 minutes ago, Midnight Torch said:

I didn't think CYL2 was a bait banner. I need orbs STAT!

Please Marth, come home!!!

This pretty much.

On paper, this banner does look pretty weak, but for me, every color has something I want, though will probably prioritize green and red.

Red: Marth and another dancer

Blue: Wrath fodder and a not -atk Lucina

Gray: Firesweep Bow fodder

Green: LA!Hector

Whelp, given my blowing orbs on the CYL banner, looks like I'll probably have to wait for Hector and Marth to return at some point. Here's hoping it's not too long for either. Eh, maybe luck will be on my side, but I'm not hoping for a lot.

Still, super hyped because that art is sick and he looks really good.

When I saw the thread title on the side of the main page, the first thing I did was make sure this wasn't in FFtF.

The timing hurts a lot with the Brave banner up, but I think I might try for Neph and any of the red focuses - that is if I have the orbs and am not still trying to get B'Hector and B'Celica

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

On paper, this banner does look pretty weak, but for me, every color has something I want, though will probably prioritize green and red.

Red: Marth and another dancer

Blue: Wrath fodder and a not -atk Lucina

Gray: Firesweep Bow fodder

Green: LA!Hector

That's true. Even if the players already have the units from this banner, we have at least one great skill on each banner.