Tempest Trials: Doorway to Destiny!

Vaximillian

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

FH!Micaiah

I thought that meant Fallen Heroes Micaiah and I was super confused since I didn't remember her, then I realized what you actually mean. Now I'm just super disappointed because Fallen Heroes Micaiah sounds amazing, even though I'm not actually sure how it'd work.

21 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I thought that meant Fallen Heroes Micaiah and I was super confused since I didn't remember her, then I realized what you actually mean. Now I'm just super disappointed because Fallen Heroes Micaiah sounds amazing, even though I'm not actually sure how it'd work.

Ha, I had the same sensation when I read that abbreviation for the first time. I like the fallen hero theme, but here it means just Festival in Hoshido. 

Ah its just like the old days that brief happy period when Quan, Ethlyn, Sigurd and Dierdre (my team for this) were all together fighting for good and having a ball together.  I just realized unfortunately that healers can't equip smoke skills.  Sad.  Speed smoke would pair so well with Ethlyn's Fear+ staff.  

I did use Lewyn instead of Dierdre for a bit to get to S rank summoner support.  I've played with various specials, Dragon Fang, Glimmer, Blazing Wind.  I think Blazing wind is great....on low res targets even opposite color, but it is really bad against high res greens.  I couldn't even kill an opposing Dierdre with the blazing attack and double attack.  While Dragon fang takes care of her easy.  Glimmer has the benefit of first combat performance.  However I think what is best for him is to have ostia pulse/infantry pulse to bring down Dragon fang to 2 so he can proc it in first combat, and then get sweet Dragon fangs forever after.   

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yeah sry

B!Lucina won't ever get a weapon refinement. She already has a stat +3 and a powerful support effect on her weapon.

Meanwhile, Top 1000 is around 109k right now. And I still have Lewyn, Silvia, and Ethlyn at Lv 1 ready to grind their asses off. Now if only I could pull Quan.

@Lewyn I take it you're running the flashing blade seal on him or something? Moonbow might be something to consider for first-turn performance that has a bit more res tank use. For example against +res, Warding stance Dierdre, he's doing 29 damage with no support if my math is right. Still not a kill, but puts a pretty big dent in her. Granted, that's assuming she's not running DD in the seal slot, at which point, there's only so much you can do when a normal hit does 2 damage and there's a good chance people would rather run a ploy skill than res stack to that extent.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ha, I had the same sensation when I read that abbreviation for the first time. I like the fallen hero theme, but here it means just Festival in Hoshido. 

Which is why you should just say Dancer Micaiah instead of these fancy abbreviations. Tsk tsk.

6 hours ago, Hawk King said:

B!Lucina won't ever get a weapon refinement. She already has a stat +3 and a powerful support effect on her weapon.

Perhaps gen 2 refinements after everybody of the release units got a gen 1 refinement? 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why you should just say Dancer Micaiah instead of these fancy abbreviations. Tsk tsk.

That wouldn't be more precise in every case either (Azura ...). Banner abbreviation prefixes seem a good solution, if I wanted to be 100% precise I had to use the full title "Micaiah: Summer's Dawn". 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

That wouldn't be more precise in every case either (Azura ...). Banner abbreviation prefixes seem a good solution, if I wanted to be 100% precise I had to use the full title "Micaiah: Summer's Dawn". 

Dark Azura, Flying Azura.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Who knows what Azura alts will be released in the future? 

Doesn’t matter, there will always be easily identifiable distinctive traits to call them after.

In other news, I passed the 90k mark. #2,291 at the moment.

Edited by Vaximillian

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, you are in a very good position for top 5k. 

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve had issues with top 5k for quite a while. Top 1k is too stressful and I’ve never tried it, but 5k is very much doable. That I like this mode a lot helps. A lot.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve had issues with top 5k for quite a while. Top 1k is too stressful and I’ve never tried it, but 5k is very much doable. That I like this mode a lot helps. A lot.

Same here, only that I went from top 5k to top 10k as my goal in the last events.

I wish they would introduce infernal difficulty soon, so I could save some time and stamina reaching higher scores. 

23 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Lewyn I take it you're running the flashing blade seal on him or something? Moonbow might be something to consider for first-turn performance that has a bit more res tank use. For example against +res, Warding stance Dierdre, he's doing 29 damage with no support if my math is right. Still not a kill, but puts a pretty big dent in her. Granted, that's assuming she's not running DD in the seal slot, at which point, there's only so much you can do when a normal hit does 2 damage and there's a good chance people would rather run a ploy skill than res stack to that extent.

Yeah he has flashing blade seal on him, which is great with 2 or 4 cooldown specials.  Moonbow is better against res tanks, but in arena they are less common and glimmer seems to be a lot better with his high attack (with odd atk wave) against armors and dragons.  However yeah ideally hope to pull a legendary Hector.  Then him ostia pulse, Sylvia with infantry pulse....the opponent has to eat dragon fang special first turn.  

For defense team the best is probably 3 other users with infantry pulse and Lewyn with Quickened pulse.  Special is blazing wind.  So his special is set to go and opponent has to eat the triple attack, if they don't have a high res green or red they will be unable to bait him out and will be much tougher for them.  

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

There are so many weapon types she didn't get yet, a sword would be outright boring. Armored dagger singer on the other hand ... 

In a bikini of course. 

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah he has flashing blade seal on him, which is great with 2 or 4 cooldown specials.  Moonbow is better against res tanks, but in arena they are less common and glimmer seems to be a lot better with his high attack (with odd atk wave) against armors and dragons.  However yeah ideally hope to pull a legendary Hector.  Then him ostia pulse, Sylvia with infantry pulse....the opponent has to eat dragon fang special first turn.  

Legendary Marth if you have one might work pretty well as a substitute for Hector. It'd free Lewyn's seal slot up for running QP and might give a bit more color balance. I know Silvia is also red, but I'm not sure how competent a combatant she makes. Or murder Marth and stick it on Silvia and run Lewyn, Silvia, and Ishtar.

Also, I have to say Lewyn's sprite and art are becoming some of my favorites. Almost makes me wish I needed a good green mage to make pulling for him worthwhile. Then again, I didn't need another EP lance cav, but that didn't stop me from pulling for Quan *shrug*.

Everyone checked out on 50k rewards? I was kind of lazy, I'll finish it up today, still 4 orbs left to collect. I am proud how my team survive 95% of the time in this run, although it's not the most optimal build for most scenario.

Spoiler

Quan / Veronica / Deirdre / Dancing Xander