Tempest Trials: Doorway to Destiny!

Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I was a little bit more than is reasonable hyped for Ethlyn, and I’ve almost got her all her skills:

Cool! Will you merge her? 

I'm waiting for the 5* copy before leveling her, but she'll replace Veronica in team #1. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cool! Will you merge her? 

I'm waiting for the 5* copy before leveling her, but she'll replace Veronica in team #1. 

I might but I’m not so sure. With all but two of my units HM-capped, I don’t have many free feather sources anymore.

She is doing her best in my tempest run, though, and Allegra Clark’s performance is divine.

what the what, the final map music is incredible. What song is this? I feel like I just heard a long lost national anthem playing from a McDonalds bathroom as I walk by the door. All these years of occasional references and I suddenly wish I finished FE4 all those years ago.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What song is this?

The eponymous Doorway to Destiny, BGM to Chapter 5. Its arranged version is great too.
Really, Genealogy soundtrack is so amazing. Remade and remastered soundtrack is a reason why I’m so looking forward to a remake.

51 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

what the what, the final map music is incredible. What song is this? I feel like I just heard a long lost national anthem playing from a McDonalds bathroom as I walk by the door. All these years of occasional references and I suddenly wish I finished FE4 all those years ago.

The prelude to Sigurd's BBQ, featuring the deaths of Byron, Reptor, and Langbalt, Cuan, and Ethlin. XD

And we need a Reptor GHB so we can have a free armor tome user with Mjolnir. #voteReptor2019 #MakeFreegeGreatAgain

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

And we need a Reptor GHB so we can have a free armor tome user with Mjolnir. #voteReptor2019 #MakeFreegeGreatAgain

I freaking wish. An armor mage with a killer tome? Wouldn't even matter if the darting blow effect was useless. That'd be too stronk for IS to ever give out for free.

Well, TT has been going decently. Been running it manually to enjoy some of the units. Been doing Elidgan, 4* Ethlyn (trying to decide to promote and merge since I just got 20K feathers), 3* Jamke, and a recent yolo Quan (now I can put the banner to rest). I know it's only h5, but Jamke's actually holding his own quite well. TT bonuses really are something :D: 

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

This is the track I was hoping to be added and talking of just a few days ago.  Tied to maybe the most tragic and eventful chapter in Fire Emblem history.  Thank to Heroes and the internet most people know what happens, but when I first played FE4 so many years ago I had no clue...I could never expect, and it hit me like nothing before or since.

I was thrilled to hear it added for this Tempest trial.  

I actually forgot that this TT was happening today, so it was a nice surprise to see. I've been using Sigurd, Deirdre, Brave Ephraim, and Ethlyn. When I first started I realised that I forgot to give Sigurd and Deirdre an ally support, so I did that too.

6 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Just to see if i got it right. The 40% bonus is added for having just one of the chosen characters in, right? So me having Jamke and Ethilyn in my party doesn't make it higher, right?

Correct. You just need one.

Edited by Hawk King

56 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Just to see if i got it right. The 40% bonus is added for having just one of the chosen characters in, right? So me having Jamke and Ethilyn in my party doesn't make it higher, right?

As Hawk King said, that is correct. However, all of the bonus units will get the bonus stats for all runs instead of the first two, so a lot of people use it to grind HM and SP on characters they probably wouldn't otherwise use much.

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

As Hawk King said, that is correct. However, all of the bonus units will get the bonus stats for all runs instead of the first two, so a lot of people use it to grind HM and SP on characters they probably wouldn't otherwise use much.

All right, i will probably use her again after i get the 5* one. Right now i'm grinding point on the lvl30 one in auto-battle with Jamke and Veronica.

I find Tempest trials to be a lot of fun when I can get a 49 speed Eldigan. I remember being pissed with Eldigan for blocking me from Ayra but I've been using him a lot and my only Ayra was foddered off for Swift Sparrow. For now my team is Priscilla(Ethlyn will take her place), Brave Ephraim, Eldigan and Reinhardt. 

This TT could not have come at a better time. The number of non-max HM healers is slowly decreasing so Ethlyn is the perfect reward unit to get. Speaking of her, 'tis a sad day in my barracks as I had to fodder my 5k+ SP Clarine with Hone Cavalry to Ethlyn because I'm running a horse team again and I have no more non-optimal nature Gunter's left in my box.  

Currently running Sigurd, Finn, Ethlyn, and Deirdre as my team and I'm debating who is going to S support Ethlyn given that both cavalry boys will be glued to her for Hone Cavalry boost. 

I'm leveling Ethlyn in lunatic/7, for healers it's no big deal to do from level 1. Funnily her first ever kill (at level 25) was Sigurd on map 7. 

@Ice Dragon Abyssal stats in your barracks!

Have you ever considered Brazen ATK/DEF for him? 77 ATK / 62 DEF ...  Best candidate for the good old Brash Assault / Desperation trick. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm leveling Ethlyn in lunatic/7, for healers it's no big deal to do from level 1. Funnily her first ever kill (at level 25) was Sigurd on map 7.  

She needed to remind him who the best Baldyr descendent was.

Speaking of Eldigan though, this has made me really appreciate Dark Mystletainn. I know it's not so much his schtick and super-inflated stats are super fun, but there's something immensely satisfying about never-ending bonfires.

I'm going to be really sad when this goes away and Quan doesn't get bonuses anymore.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Speaking of Eldigan though, this has made me really appreciate Dark Mystletainn. I know it's not so much his schtick and super-inflated stats are super fun, but there's something immensely satisfying about never-ending bonfires.

He is bonus unit for the second time already, but I still haven't given him a refinement. Perhaps I'm still a little mad about his +RES/-SPD nature. 

She needed to remind him who the best Baldyr descendent was.

He shouldn't have tried his Miracle trick with L!Lucina, dealing 1 damage was possible even with 30 ATK and a staff. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps I'm still a little mad about his +RES/-SPD nature. 

This is my Eldigan, +2 already! I’d have obviously preferred him to be +Def or +Atk but oh well, have to work with what I’ve got.
He’s usually the one to take down his friend, but sometimes it falls to his friend’s sister.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This is my Eldigan, +2 already! I’d have obviously preferred him to be +Def or +Atk but oh well, have to work with what I’ve got.
He’s usually the one to take down his friend, but sometimes it falls to his friend’s sister.

I'm using Sigurd +1 +ATK /-RES, because he is one of my few DC units. In a few days I'll switch him out, probably for Eldigan. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He is bonus unit for the second time already, but I still haven't given him a refinement. Perhaps I'm still a little mad about his +RES/-SPD nature. 

Know what that means? Res tank Eldigan :awesome:  But being serious, res obviously isn't ideal, but I feel like as long as he doesn't have a bane in attack or defense he should function pretty much the same. My only disappointment is that even on H5, (neutral) he's still not strong enough to OHKO Sigurd, but that's what Quan is for.

I feel like I should run Furyseltainn at least once though.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Know what that means? Res tank Eldigan :awesome:  But being serious, res obviously isn't ideal, but I feel like as long as he doesn't have a bane in attack or defense he should function pretty much the same. My only disappointment is that even on H5, (neutral) he's still not strong enough to OHKO Sigurd, but that's what Quan is for.

I feel like I should run Furyseltainn at least once though.

Of course he works, he works even better with boosted stats, Desperation and Brash Assault. ^^ 

I just don't want to spend dew on him when I got some really good Sword Cavs (Sigurd, Roy, Siegbert, Xander) and so many other units that want a refinement. 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Of course he works, he works even better with boosted stats, Desperation and Brash Assault. ^^ 

I just don't want to spend dew on him when I got some really good Sword Cavs (Sigurd, Roy, Siegbert, Xander) and so many other units that want a refinement. 

True, especially with how scarce dew is.

Speaking of Roy, now that I have Eldigan, he's my current white whale. Eldigan, Sigurd, Roy, I think I have a thing for sword cavs.