The State of Heroes

Shiki

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Okay, it probably is not much better for new and/or free players without a lot of 5*+10 units, but the lower HP on enemies makes it much easier to make efficient sacrificial trades if you do have merged units.

I guess it is ultimately still a mess and it is not really that much better for most players, but it is much definitely better for dolphins or players who can befriend dolphins.

At the same time, I guess it is not really that bad since there are free guides out there that everyone can copy unless the player is really new or if they are really dense and fuck up their own Barracks despite the fact that it is widely recommended to keep at least one copy of every free unit you have.

hmm. unless they aren't really online (which would be odd - but still). or you simply don't know?

like. i am thinking about me - i think i have everyone (but my neutral Olivia which sucks because the one i finally got to level 40 was minus atk, good grief - but the next two plus atk olivia's will be fed into her to get her passible. I think i have everyone else (accidentally booked Robin etc). I have everyone else, because i am always so afraid of sending people home (or now booking them) though i've done loads now simply coz i needed the space. 

i know i've stopped playing for a while because i felt i wasn't progressing at all. (or unsure of what things were) but then yay for me, i did find my way here and was more active and with some questions and help, i did progress, but i can feel how some is slow sledding. (and though for me a good part is again i am nervous about using my resources - ie: am i promoting the right people, am i refining the right weapon, etc - and this is me asking questions and consulting gamepress for almost everything) if someone wasn't that dedicated, I could see how they would make  some mistakes

i have to say i don't know (more or less) re: the orb drought.
i think i've tried to get everything i could (Minus the level ten sanctum in training tower because i didn't have good armours (until now) and good flying units (until now) so this could be something i can work on next month, so i'll lose 3 there.  - my fault. (and 15 is so tedious LOL)

almost all the GHB ones i can't get because i'm simply not strong enough in the units i need to use. (so that' takes the mickey)
for the first time I've maxed out TT (and will do from now on - getting 10K a night isn't that hard, esp. when you hit your multipliers. it's just tedious)
Arena gives you orbs (I mean i keep bouncing from 18 to 17 so i lose one, but that's just because again - not good enough and i keep losing someone)

but there  are the entire Blessed Gardens, and other stuff that where i know there are orbs, where is untouched because it's hard and I don't know if i'll get there (i probably will, because i think it just takes a bit of time, courage and thinking, and eventually you GET there (regarding feathers etc) if not pulling tonnes of 5* units that are awesome. i don't mind paying a little (and if i stick to my budget we're good) and I don't even mind all the banners because i figure eventually it all becomes round again and i can get what i want or weirdo pity breakers and the like. but it does get frustrating with the whole "all must stay alive." (grr). 

I don't know. it would be nice to get some (more orbs) but i don't know if there is a lack simply because i know for me i simply can't get them all. so maybe there is enough and people simply have "summon syndrome." i will say that since September (yah a WHOLE MONTH) my summoning tactics have changed  and i think that is something people need to figure out for themselves. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

if someone wasn't that dedicated, I could see how they would make  some mistakes

Yeah, but some mistakes should not be made if the player has any experience in Fire Emblem or any game with resource management. For example, a player has to be really clueless to send home VL!Ike and Fjorm even though they come with Distant Counter Weapons; it is like some players just lack the concept of planning and being prepared. A lot of veteran players also blindly rushed to pick their free Arrival of the Brave unit this year, even though that clearly is a bad idea when they went through the exact same thing last year with Brave Heroes.

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i think i've tried to get everything i could (Minus the level ten sanctum in training tower because i didn't have good armours (until now) and good flying units (until now) so this could be something i can work on next month, so i'll lose 3 there.  - my fault. (and 15 is so tedious LOL)

As long as you got fully leveled units with minimal skill inheritance, Tenth Stratum quests are pretty easy since you can simply refresh them until you get a map with favorable match-ups or with only 3 enemies. I agree that it is tedious though.

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

almost all the GHB ones i can't get because i'm simply not strong enough in the units i need to use. (so that' takes the mickey)

Grand Hero Battles return on a relatively predictable schedule, so I would not worry too much about not getting them the first time.

However, you are on a time limit for GHB quests though. For the GHB Elite quests, you still have a little over 3 months to build up your Barracks to complete them. GHB Elite 2 quests still have 5+ months left. Personally, I would prioritize completing the quests that gives out GHB units as a reward since those are the most important, either for merging or for skill inheritance. Quests that gives out Blessings are pretty easy to complete so I would not worry about those, but they should be completed as soon as possible for the Blessings. Quests that gives out Orbs is only a big deal if you are a free player; if you are paying player, you are not really missing out on much when you can easily get a pack of 75 Orbs.

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Arena gives you orbs (I mean i keep bouncing from 18 to 17 so i lose one, but that's just because again - not good enough and i keep losing someone)

It just takes a lot of practice to not lose anyone. Since Tempest Trials are quite grindy anyways, it is a good place to practice using your team in my opinion. I was not too good with Arena at first either, but then the first Tempest Trials came along and I practiced using my BB!Cordelia a LOT, and I became a much better player after the first Tempest Trials.

56 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

but there  are the entire Blessed Gardens, and other stuff that where i know there are orbs, where is untouched because it's hard and I don't know if i'll get there (i probably will, because i think it just takes a bit of time, courage and thinking, and eventually you GET there (regarding feathers etc) if not pulling tonnes of 5* units that are awesome. i don't mind paying a little (and if i stick to my budget we're good) and I don't even mind all the banners because i figure eventually it all becomes round again and i can get what i want or weirdo pity breakers and the like. but it does get frustrating with the whole "all must stay alive." (grr). 

In my experience, a lot of them can be easily completed with Player Phase nukes with maybe an Enemy Phase tank depending on the map.

If you primarily prefer using Enemy Phase units, then I am not sure if it will be as easy.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i think that is something people need to figure out for themselves. 

Yeah, as long as a player has good sense of priorities, the player should be able to stick to their Orb budget easily.

For me, I focus on Special Heroes, Dancers/Singers, and original characters. Everyone else is not a huge priority since I will get them as pity breakers eventually.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but some mistakes should not be made if the player has any experience in Fire Emblem or any game with resource management. For example, a player has to be really clueless to send home VL!Ike and Fjorm even though they come with Distant Counter Weapons; it is like some players just lack the concept of planning and being prepared. A lot of veteran players also blindly rushed to pick their free Arrival of the Brave unit this year, even though that clearly is a bad idea when they went through the exact same thing last year with Brave Heroes.

As long as you got fully leveled units with minimal skill inheritance, Tenth Stratum quests are pretty easy since you can simply refresh them until you get a map with favorable match-ups or with only 3 enemies. I agree that it is tedious though.

Grand Hero Battles return on a relatively predictable schedule, so I would not worry too much about not getting them the first time.

However, you are on a time limit for GHB quests though. For the GHB Elite quests, you still have a little over 3 months to build up your Barracks to complete them. GHB Elite 2 quests still have 5+ months left. Personally, I would prioritize completing the quests that gives out GHB units as a reward since those are the most important, either for merging or for skill inheritance. Quests that gives out Blessings are pretty easy to complete so I would not worry about those, but they should be completed as soon as possible for the Blessings. Quests that gives out Orbs is only a big deal if you are a free player; if you are paying player, you are not really missing out on much when you can easily get a pack of 75 Orbs.

It just takes a lot of practice to not lose anyone. Since Tempest Trials are quite grindy anyways, it is a good place to practice using your team in my opinion. I was not too good with Arena at first either, but then the first Tempest Trials came along and I practiced using my BB!Cordelia a LOT, and I became a much better player after the first Tempest Trials.

In my experience, a lot of them can be easily completed with Player Phase nukes with maybe an Enemy Phase tank depending on the map.

If you primarily prefer using Enemy Phase units, then I am not sure if it will be as easy.

Yeah, as long as a player has good sense of priorities, the player should be able to stick to their Orb budget easily.

For me, I focus on Special Heroes, Dancers/Singers, and original characters. Everyone else is not a huge priority since I will get them as pity breakers eventually.

yah some of that i realised now, coming here. (and to be fair. you are right. I don't know why you'd send home a Free Unit like that. i was trying to play the DA).

Like now I have a full armour emblem team (I didn't a few months ago). I didn't choose Veronica (I chose B!Ephiriam because i was on holidays and I didn't really know. i chose him coz i needed an ax and I liked his character.Would i have chosen differently had I know (I'd like to say yes, but I do have Ethlyn and now i refined her weapon so it's dooable until i got broken). I've been totally bypassing the sanctum because I have more fun playing with teams and combos that i like (and level them faster) in the Special training maps (why can't you earn stuff in there) but i guess it's the decision: sanctum + stuff (but it takes slower), or special maps. (and you can get them all geared up in less than 1 potion if you play your cards right. 

Yah i am trying to figure out what to do to get some others. Michalis is going to take some thinking for sure (i am really not sure if I am gonna get Abysmal anything). I'm gonna really have to play around and create more seals and stuff and see. but i think it's sort of that. like. when i re-started playing, i couldn't really figure out hard. then i did. then i handled some of the Lunatic modes for myself (and some are really creative  - like one of them Linde saved the day due to Ardent Sacrifice (and that's generally a skill i dismissed but ike needed the HP) but it's like just knowing you have the pieces... it's just making it fit). just sometimes. again i think for me it's sort of like not wanting to waste assets. I put Water Blessings on several units because i wanted to do the first  water map - not knowing about IVs or anything else and I really only got burnt on 2 out of the few i did (- atk Morgan and Linde). but now it's sort of like. who do i bless now? Who do I merge? but that's me - and i ask and y'all are helpful, and then i just do it because there's no point sitting on the resources either. 

like i said i kinda see both sides. like I didn't realise what exactly FB was. (and now i think of feathers i gave up coz i just went "oh, orbs."  grabbed them and left). or how to do VG properly (stil don't really hah!)  etc, but i think that's just playing. i get how it can get tiring, but i guess that's where the fact i like grinding comes in. when i get bored i can do something else. I can start playing with Arena assault now (which is fun even if i get killed on the 6th go).. buuutt i've only really come back to the game, and i've actually just started being hard core. so maybe my view is kind of skewed. 

@daisy jane That's a pretty good attitude, and don't worry about VG. The only right way to play it is to not get caught up in the just awful toxicity it can cause, though fortunately on here doesn't seem too bad and in general, things aren't as bad as they were. But, if you want max rewards, just make sure to save your flags for multipliers and if you can, for later ones. As much as people talk about cooperation in those, there really isn't much you can do. The whole thing is basically the prisoners dilemma taken to the extreme. Sure, there can be some cooperation, but with how many people are on a team and how few probably have means of interacting, it's always seemed a bit of an exercise in futility, at least to me.

Edited by bottlegnomes

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

RIP, Wrys.

With the way no one who was playable in FE3 is credited as originating from FE1, I wouldn't have been at all surprised at all if they had put Wrys's origin as FE13 instead of FE1.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the way no one who was playable in FE3 is credited as originating from FE1, I wouldn't have been at all surprised at all if they had put Wrys's origin as FE13 instead of FE1.

I always knew Wrys was the protagonist of Awakening.

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

It’s funny, I’m stumbling a lot of recent videos about the matter, with this being the most recent

Lol, this video was posted on the previous page of this thread.

I agree with everything besides the Orb drought. It just feels like a drought because there's just so many fucking banners being banged out., Something released within the last month will almost definitely have emptied most peoples' Orb stashes.

Yeah we are getting tons of orbs, it is just if FTP you more than ever really have to pick and choose what to pull on.  Cause just about every banner is a crazy good.  We get the skill banners, gauntlet, trial banners and often these will have amazing older units as well.  

I think a very important thing to remember though, unlike many gacha games, the majority of Heroes players are casual.  Hardcore gacha players may want to move on to something else, but I don't think it is the same for casuals.  I'm sure numbers are still growing as always, and more awards will keep coming.  

Love Loki's expression there though.  It's like "Wait! I have so much evil yet to do!"