Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

The game does not revolve solely around you. If you have a problem with something that most others do not, then you need to improve and you should not expect the entire meta and player base to bend over backwards just to cater to you. Improvement does not happen overnight and it takes conscious effort. If you are not willing to put in the effort to improve, then you should not expect to get the rewards either.

If you are having trouble with stall teams, then create a Player Phase team. A Blade mage and Firesweeper are all you need to take down a stall team, and if you have trouble with armor units, then bring along an armor Effective Weapon along too. Nino, Caeda, Cordelia with Firesweep L (might want to use Hit and Run on the B slot to create extra distance between the unit and enemies), and 2 Dancers/Singers should take care of any stall team.

I hardly think I'm the only one struggling though. There are tons of people who play this game, I'm certain some others struggle too.

I've tried things like that. My results haven't been much better.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

because?
you are obviously clearly struggling on offense. building a decent defense can buy you some wins 

having a defense that is 50/50 (or even when losing can kill a few enemies) goes a long way, and it takes very little investment. 

What? Your defense team has zero influence on the outcome of offensive battles.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I hardly think I'm the only one struggling though. There are tons of people who play this game, I'm certain some others struggle too.

What? Your defense team has zero influence on the outcome of offensive battles.

(sigh). 
in terms of lift, yes it does. 
there are some weeks my defense bailed my butt out because i couldn't win to save my life, i think i had exactly two wins, and my offense (while not the stellar  masterpiece) got like several successes. if i hadn't bothered to try, i wouldn't have had that help. it influences it that way. more often than naught it's about a 50/50, and in Light i can relatively get to tier 22-23-24 depending on the maps (and defense help), and in Astra it's about 22 if i'mlucky (astra is tougher for me)

the only reason why I've gathered that you won't build a passible defense is because it will still lose. yeah. it would. but it will also win a lot more garning you more defense win rewards and helping you trudge forward. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(sigh). 
in terms of lift, yes it does. 
there are some weeks my defense bailed my butt out because i couldn't win to save my life, i think i had exactly two wins, and my offense (while not the stellar  masterpiece) got like several successes. if i hadn't bothered to try, i wouldn't have had that help. it influences it that way. more often than naught it's about a 50/50, and in Light i can relatively get to tier 22-23-24 depending on the maps (and defense help), and in Astra it's about 22 if i'mlucky (astra is tougher for me)

the only reason why I've gathered that you won't build a passible defense is because it will still lose. yeah. it would. but it will also win a lot more garning you more defense win rewards and helping you trudge forward. 

In terms of lift, okay then. But I'm talking about the battles you send your offensive team(s) into. Your defense doesn't affect that. I'm not going to suddenly get more offensive victories if I make a good defensive team.

I've basically given up on this mode and I don't really feel like changing that, at least for the time being. Maybe some other time in the future, who knows.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

In terms of lift, okay then. But I'm talking about the battles you send your offensive team(s) into. Your defense doesn't affect that. I'm not going to suddenly get more offensive victories if I make a good defensive team.

no

but as Im saying your defense can save your butt. 
again. it would take not even 30 minutes and a tick of time for you to create something that will get you more wins basically saving you the amount of wins you need to do. why won't you at least try?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Struggle from Tier 20 to Tier 21 yes, but struggling against stall teams not as much. If a player has a lot of trouble against a specific defense team type, they make an offense team to counter that.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You also need to practice with it, especially if Player Phase combat does not come intuitively to you. The tools are all there for players to use, and it is not the tool's fault if the player does not know how to use it.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Then why do I usually lose because I run out of turns? That's really been more of my problem than not being able to keep my team alive.

Because you are clearly taking too long to act. You can play the entire match in your head before making a single movement, which can save tons of time by the point you actually start the map.You can initiate on Turn 6 and the whole map can be cleared easily in a single turn as long as you've accounted for everything.

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

no

but as Im saying your defense can save your butt. 
again. it would take not even 30 minutes and a tick of time for you to create something that will get you more wins basically saving you the amount of wins you need to do. why won't you at least try?

Okay then, but I have tried, actually. It didn't really make much of a difference. And I'd followed advice from others too. I'm also not sure I have enough proper units to build a defense team for each possible combination of seasons either. I have a lot of 5 star units, but only so many of them have anima or dark blessings while the rest have other blessings.

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

Struggle from Tier 20 to Tier 21 yes, but struggling against stall teams not as much. If a player has a lot of trouble against a specific defense team type, they make an offense team to counter that.

Okay, I see then. Types of defense teams? I don't really see these. Occasionally I do see a team that's all fliers or all armors or some such. But most of the time I see mixed setups and stuff that I wouldn't really classify as any kind of type. The team you're matched up against is random, so you can't predict what you're getting. You can set up a few different offensive teams, but there are still so many possible things you can run into that that doesn't seem to be enough.

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Because you are clearly taking too long to act. You can play the entire match in your head before making a single movement, which can save tons of time by the point you actually start the map.You can initiate on Turn 6 and the whole map can be cleared easily in a single turn as long as you've accounted for everything.

I'm often forced to take longer so I don't get half my team wiped out quickly or something though.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm often forced to take longer so I don't get half my team wiped out quickly or something though.

But you don't have to. Like I said, you can plan every move before you even begin the map. So your team should be at little risk if you accounted for everything.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay then, but I have tried, actually. It didn't really make much of a difference. And I'd followed advice from others too. I'm also not sure I have enough proper units to build a defense team for each possible combination of seasons either. I have a lot of 5 star units, but only so many of them have anima or dark blessings while the rest have other blessings.

i have no anima hero yet, and only 1 unit blessed with dark (Ophelia). that doesn't matter. the blessings only count if you lose and quite frankly it's only by a marginal amount unless you have like double +10 Insert Hero here. anyway. 
I have one defense that I live and die by. I'm not telling you to build several combinations per season. I'm telling you to just put effort into one, and I am pretty sure, especially for you being under tier 21 will get more successes to help you move forward/cover your butt.  

Just build a Cav-Line. 

You have Fred, You have Silas, you have gunnthra you have Hrid, you have Reinhardt, I'm assuming you have a cav healer with pain/savage blow.,
on astra seasons, just slap Naga there (and take the full 80 hit) if you do lose. On dark seasons use yune or whomever, and mitigate the loss a tiny bit. slap everyone with hone/ward/fortify  and bob's your uncle. and considering that you're all about horses - i find it very hard to believe your horses don't already have that in their C slots. 

You literally LINE THEM UP, use the desert mountain map. so many people use it it's on youtube all over, if i take like a moment you can actually see how to put your things. it's not perfection/infallible, but there will be a chunk of people who will surrender because cav lines give them trouble. those are free wins. sometimes you'll lose but i find it very difficult it will be a clean sweep no deaths for you meaning that's a little less lift you have to get back. 

Edited by daisy jane

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i have no anima hero yet, and only 1 unit blessed with dark (Ophelia). that doesn't matter.
I have one defense that I live and die by. I'm not telling you to build several combinations per season. I'm telling you to just put effort into one, and I am pretty sure, especially for you being under tier 21 will get more successes to help you move forward/cover your butt.  

Just build a Cav-Line. 

You have Fred, You have Silas, you have gunnthra you have Hrid, you have Reinhardt, I'm assuming you have a cav healer with pain/savage blow.,
on astra seasons, just slap Naga there (and take the full 80 hit) if you do lose. On dark seasons use yune or whomever, and mitigate the loss a tiny bit. slap everyone with hone/ward/fortify  and bob's your uncle. and considering that you're all about horses - i find it very hard to believe your horses don't already have that in their C slots. 

You literally LINE THEM UP, use the desert mountain map. so many people use it it's on youtube all over, if i take like a moment you can actually see how to put your things. it's not perfection/infallible, but there will be a chunk of people who will surrender because cav lines give them trouble. those are free wins. sometimes you'll lose but i find it very difficult it will be a clean sweep no deaths for you meaning that's a little less lift you have to get back. 

I don't have a cavalry healer with Pain+. I made Mist my Pain+ user. I do have the rest of those things, though, yes. If the Pain+ cav healer isn't super important, I could try that. But if it is, oh well.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i have no anima hero yet, and only 1 unit blessed with dark (Ophelia). that doesn't matter. the blessings only count if you lose and quite frankly it's only by a marginal amount unless you have like double +10 Insert Hero here. anyway. 

Just build a Cav-Line. 

This is not how you build a proper Cav Line though. 

None of these units are good for a cav line except the Ranged healer cavalry. 

The Cav line uses ranged units with high HP to dodge tactics, panics and other offensive buildings and they nee the range to force the offense player to be attacked turn one. Ranged cavs attack the whole map, you can wait out melee cavs, and without a dancer they have no overlap so you can bait them one by one. 

Edit: Oh, and @Anacybele, more than 20k people have managed to get into T21. It just means there are 20k people at minimum who are better at this mode than you, or actually put in the effort to climb, learn about the AI or make a solid defense and offense team.

20k people is a lot, so ‘many people struggle’ is not a valid argument. It takes time and effort, of which you have put in neither or at least not enough. Either put in more effort so you can stop complaining, or don’t and accept you won’t make T21 and stop complaining.

Edited by Vicious Sal

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

This is not how you build a proper Cav Line though. 

None of these units are good for a cav line except the Ranged healer cavalry. 

The Cav line uses ranged units with high HP to dodge tactics, panics and other offensive buildings and they nee the range to force the offense player to be attacked turn one. Ranged cavs attack the whole map, you can wait out melee cavs, and without a dancer they have no overlap so you can bait them one by one. 

yeah but she doesn't want to put in much effort, so she can start with that and then replace it as it goes along. 

(and to be fair that is some that i've seen. not freddie perse but melee based cavs). i'm just working with what Ana has (off the top of my head). 

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yeah but she doesn't want to put in much effort, so she can start with that and then replace it as it goes along. 

(and to be fair that is some that i've seen. not freddie perse but melee based cavs). i'm just working with what Ana has (off the top of my head). 

Melee cavs utilise other maps and setups better. 

Maybe if Ana shows her barracks and list of 5 stars I’d be able to whip something up that synergises. I saw her def map but that is a lost cause atm, so it is better to starts from scratch.

Also, since we are sharing:

CD321F17-72B4-4E1B-9736-2C970212268B.jpeg.6ac68182be957fcf348d4ba6be07fe5a.jpeg

I lost only 40 lift this week, 1 loss and 11 wins. Most of them 4 or five enemies defeated.

Will add skills tomorrow, it is late now.

Edited by Vicious Sal

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Melee cavs utilise other maps and setups better. 

Maybe if Ana shows her barracks and list of 5 stars I’d be able to whip something up that synergises. I saw her def map but that is a lost cause atm, so it is better to starts from scratch.

that is true. i should hve said use all the ranges. but i didn't know what other range units she had other than Valentine Mist. 
I know for me when i did mine i just really did it while i was getting everyone ready so while not perfect - it started to work well enough for me until i got my pieces together. mine was a hot mess before that lol.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I saw her def map but that is a lost cause atm, so it is better to starts from scratch.

Basically my opinion about that map.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I lost only 40 lift this week, 1 loss and 11 wins. Most of them 4 or five enemies defeated.

Yeah. I tested your map is it's pretty hard!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I see then. Types of defense teams? I don't really see these. Occasionally I do see a team that's all fliers or all armors or some such. But most of the time I see mixed setups and stuff that I wouldn't really classify as any kind of type. The team you're matched up against is random, so you can't predict what you're getting. You can set up a few different offensive teams, but there are still so many possible things you can run into that that doesn't seem to be enough.

Yes, there are different types of defense teams, and it does not have to be strictly be based on movement. In addition to cav line and flier balls, there are things like Pulse teams, debuff teams, stall teams, cav line-eque teams, etc. that are not strictly based on movement.

You cannot predict who is going to show up, but you have five different team slots that you can use to prepare for. My Player Phase team and super tank team combined can win against 80-90% of the defense teams; they are not perfect wins most of the time, but they are still wins. On Astra weeks, I can only rely on my Player Phase team, but I can still manage to easily get into Tier 23 or at least be guaranteed to get into Tier 22 with just one team.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yes, there are different types of defense teams, and it does not have to be strictly be based on movement. In addition to cav line and flier balls, there are things like Pulse teams, debuff teams, stall teams, cav line-eque teams, etc. that are not strictly based on movement.

You cannot predict who is going to show up, but you have five different team slots that you can use to prepare for. My Player Phase team and super tank team combined can win against 80-90% of the defense teams; they are not perfect wins most of the time, but they are still wins. On Astra weeks, I can only rely on my Player Phase team, but I can still manage to easily get into Tier 23 or at least be guaranteed to get into Tier 22 with just one team.

Yeah, I know you have five team slots, but I definitely won't have enough units with the right blessings to make five effective teams. Plus, changing all those up every week is a hassle imo.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I know you have five team slots, but I definitely won't have enough units with the right blessings to make five effective teams. Plus, changing all those up every week is a hassle imo.

If you mean switching blessings every week, that's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure nobody does that.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would just focus on being able to win consistently first and not worry about the Blessings until you can consistently win with your teams. Scoring is important, but until you can consistently win, the scoring does not matter if your team gets frequently wiped. Focus on winning with your main team and practice using a Player Phase team when you see a stall team.

You also do not need to change up your teams' Blessings every week as that is a huge waste of Blessings. If you are climbing, just focus on climbing during either Light season or Astra season. There is no need to rush and climb Tiers during both seasons.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just focus on being able to win consistently first and not worry about the Blessings until you can consistently win with your teams. Scoring is important, but until you can consistently win, the scoring does not matter if your team gets frequently wiped. Focus on winning with your main team and practice using a Player Phase team when you see a stall team.

You also do not need to change up your teams' Blessings every week as that is a huge waste of Blessings. If you are climbing, just focus on climbing during either Light season or Astra season. There is no need to rush and climb Tiers during both seasons.

Yeah, I guess that's true.

I didn't mean I thought I had to change blessings all the time. That would be a waste, I know. I just meant that I haven't given enough units astra and light blessings. When I said changing those up, I meant changing the teams up, not the blessings.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I guess that's true.

I didn't mean I thought I had to change blessings all the time. That would be a waste, I know. I just meant that I haven't given enough units astra and light blessings. When I said changing those up, I meant changing the teams up, not the blessings.

My Player Phase main team does not have any Mythic Blessings. Only my super tank team uses Mythic Blessings for scoring for climbing, and you only need one scoring team to climb anyways. I recommend using a super tank as the scoring team since they can handle most defense teams and are easy to use.

If you are not able to climb to the next tier for the week, then just take it easy for the week and treat the week as practice. There is no need to stress over losses on a non-climbing week unless you are in danger of demoting.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

My Player Phase main team does not have any Mythic Blessings. Only my super tank team uses Mythic Blessings for scoring for climbing, and you only need one scoring team to climb anyways. I recommend using a super tank as the scoring team since they can handle most defense teams and are easy to use.

If you are not able to climb to the next tier for the week, then just take it easy for the week and treat the week as practice. There is no need to stress over losses on a non-climbing week unless you are in danger of demoting.

My only super tank is Brave Ike, I think. But he has an Earth blessing. So he won't help my score much.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My only super tank is Brave Ike, I think. But he has an Earth blessing. So he won't help my score much.

There are a few things in my posts that were addressed to you, though the ‘@‘ probably didn’t register since it was an edit. Would you be so kind to reply to my request? 

And one other request, could you do a mental exercise and tell me how you would tackle my defense map? I just want to know how you try and figure out a defense map and see what kind of things you take into account.

These are the skills and stats:

Bright shrine applies -3 to atk & spd

Dark applies -4 to def and res

Panic manor panics all with 60 or less hp

healing tower heals 25 per turn

Bolt tower does 15 dmg iirc

Eir: +2/ Cloud maiougi/rally up res/iceberg/sturdy impact/mystic boost/ward fliers/flier formation (res asset)

Reyson+6: Heron wing/sing/Moonbow/Fort Def/Flier formation/ward fliers/chill atk (neutral)

Yune: Spectral Tome/-/Sturdy impact/flier formation/ward fliers/hardy bearing (spd asset)

Est+5: White wing lance(prf)/Swap/Escutcheon/fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk def bond ( atk asset)

camilla+10: Camilla’s axe(prf)/swap/iceberg/Fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk spd bond (spd asset)

aversa+10: aversa’s night/-/moonbow/r duel flying/flier formation/ward fliers/hp atk (neutral)

all except Eir are dark blessed so they get +5 hp and +4 spd in dark season

can’t get the stats right now, but if you want to know them, you can rebuild these units in a unit builder to see what their stats would be.

24 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

There are a few things in my posts that were addressed to you, though the ‘@‘ probably didn’t register since it was an edit. Would you be so kind to reply to my request? 

And one other request, could you do a mental exercise and tell me how you would tackle my defense map? I just want to know how you try and figure out a defense map and see what kind of things you take into account.

These are the skills and stats:

Bright shrine applies -3 to atk & spd

Dark applies -4 to def and res

Panic manor panics all with 60 or less hp

healing tower heals 25 per turn

Bolt tower does 15 dmg iirc

Eir: +2/ Cloud maiougi/rally up res/iceberg/sturdy impact/mystic boost/ward fliers/flier formation (res asset)

Reyson+6: Heron wing/sing/Moonbow/Fort Def/Flier formation/ward fliers/chill atk (neutral)

Yune: Spectral Tome/-/Sturdy impact/flier formation/ward fliers/hardy bearing (spd asset)

Est+5: White wing lance(prf)/Swap/Escutcheon/fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk def bond ( atk asset)

camilla+10: Camilla’s axe(prf)/swap/iceberg/Fury/flier formation/ward fliers/atk spd bond (spd asset)

aversa+10: aversa’s night/-/moonbow/r duel flying/flier formation/ward fliers/hp atk (neutral)

all except Eir are dark blessed so they get +5 hp and +4 spd in dark season

can’t get the stats right now, but if you want to know them, you can rebuild these units in a unit builder to see what their stats would be.

Which posts were those exactly? I'm not sure what you want me to respond to without knowing.

As for your team, well, you have three greens there, so I'd bring a strong red unit who can counter them. Also an archer or two because your team is all fliers. They're player phase too, so it's better not to try tanking them. I'd have to bring in a good player phase team for the job.

See, I know this stuff, and I know how to give units good builds. What I struggle with is actually making great teams out of them and properly using them in actual battles sometimes, it seems.