Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Remember though, I'm looking for help on winning offensive battles. I'm not worried about defense teams right now. So even if Silas or Frederick or Cherche aren't the best for defensive teams, they could be used in offensive ones, maybe.

When I said "I am not sure if he is good for AR", I meant in general, both Offensive and Defensive. AR is full for powerful units that can defeat them easily. The three most used tactics in AR Offensive are: Tank units, where a unit bait the enemy team and tank all attacks, Galeforce Teams, which the names already says what this team does, and Vantage Units, where you sent a Vantage unit into the enemy team and hope for the best. And I would say that Fred and Silas are not good for any of these three tactics

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

When I said "I am not sure if he is good for AR", I meant in general, both Offensive and Defensive. AR is full for powerful units that can defeat them easily. The three most used tactics in AR Offensive are: Tank units, where a unit bait the enemy team and tank all attacks, Galeforce Teams, which the names already says what this team does, and Vantage Units, where you sent a Vantage unit into the enemy team and hope for the best. And I would say that Fred and Silas are not good for any of these three tactics

...Frederick and Silas are both tanks. In fact, they're my tankiest of tanks along with Brave Ike, boasting the highest potential Def stats of my squad.

Edited by Anacybele

The best teams for offense are centered around 1 or 2 units.

There's the tank+support, Counter-Vantage, Galeforcers with WoM and pure player phase teams. I don't see Silas or Fred working for that kinda stuff, maybe Fred for Galeforce, but I never saw it. Cherche works on Galeforce strats.

All of those require investment on the units, the less optimal they are, more investment needed. Tank+support is usually cheap, since you don't really NEED CC/DC, but it makes it easier since you don't need to cleanup after the tanking.

Counter-Vantage requires more specific units and some have high SI needed. 

Galeforcers need a lot of skill in attacking the right units in the right order, it works well if you're more player phase aligned

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Frederick and Silas are both tanks. In fact, they're my tankiest of tanks along with Brave Ike, boasting the highest potential Def stats of my squad.

They have low Res, so they don't work as omega tanks. Any mage can blast them up and AR have a lot of mages/dragons.

Ike works because of Urvan, even then, if you have him in Light season to patch his res, it's better.

W!Cecilia is another good unit for tanking. Her defenses are balanced, that's what you're looking for.

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Frederick and Silas are both tanks. In fact, they're my tankiest of tanks along with Brave Ike, boasting the highest Def stats of my squad.

The problem is that AR is not filled with units that target Def. Dancer Micaiah, Ophelia, Thrasir, Duma, Sonya, and dragons in general... Fred and Silas can have a good time against melee foes and physical ranged foes, but just that.

Just now, Rinco said:

The best teams for offense are centered around 1 or 2 units.

There's the tank+support, Counter-Vantage, Galeforcers with WoM and pure player phase teams. I don't see Silas or Fred working for that kinda stuff, maybe Fred for Galeforce, but I never saw it. Cherche works on Galeforce strats.

All of those require investment on the units, the less optimal they are, more investment needed. Tank+support is usually cheap, since you don't really NEED CC/DC, but it makes it easier since you don't need to cleanup after the tanking.

Counter-Vantage requires more specific units and some have high SI needed. 

Galeforcers need a lot of skill in attacking the right units in the right order, it works well if you're more player phase aligned

That's right!

My main teams are Nowi + Marth and the rest of the  team made of Mythic Hero, Bride Fjorm, Aversa or a refresher, or Laevatein + Mordecai and Joyous Lantern Lucius. Nowi is for Tanking strats, while Laevatein is for CC+Vantage strats.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

My main teams are Nowi + Marth and the rest of the  team made of Mythic Hero, Bride Fjorm, Aversa or a refresher, or Laevatein + Mordecai and Joyous Lantern Lucius. Nowi is for Tanking strats, while Laevatein is for CC+Vantage strats.

Right now I have:

Light Season: W!Cecilia, M!Corrin, 2x Eir, bonus unit

Astra Season: B!Ike, B!Lucina, 2x Naga, bonus unit.

I'll probably switch the blessings on Cecilia, Corrin, Lucina and Ike to switch them. Ike would like the Res while Cecilia would like the Def bonus.

I'm also building Ares for Counter-Vantage on Astra, only need a +Atk copy. For Light I'm waiting for CC to give Kronya.

I'll build a couple Galeforcers also, alredy working on Eliwood and Cherche is pretty much done. Have to work on Peri to go with Eliwood and a partner for Cherche, don't have anyone in sight yet.

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

They have low Res, so they don't work as omega tanks. Any mage can blast them up and AR have a lot of mages/dragons.

First, stop double posting, it's not allowed. Second, they can actually survive some mages. Just not the ones that color trump them.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The problem is that AR is not filled with units that target Def. Dancer Micaiah, Ophelia, Thrasir, Duma, Sonya, and dragons in general... Fred and Silas can have a good time against melee foes and physical ranged foes, but just that.

Then I don't send them against those units. Simple.

First, stop double posting, it's not allowed. Second, they can actually survive some mages. Just not the ones that color trump them.

If that worked well, you wouldn't be posting here complaining about the mode.

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

This kind of response does not help me. Obviously, I need help making my units work well.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Right now I have:

Light Season: W!Cecilia, M!Corrin, 2x Eir, bonus unit

Astra Season: B!Ike, B!Lucina, 2x Naga, bonus unit.

I'll probably switch the blessings on Cecilia, Corrin, Lucina and Ike to switch them. Ike would like the Res while Cecilia would like the Def bonus.

I'm also building Ares for Counter-Vantage on Astra, only need a +Atk copy. For Light I'm waiting for CC to give Kronya.

I'll build a couple Galeforcers also, alredy working on Eliwood and Cherche is pretty much done. Have to work on Peri to go with Eliwood and a partner for Cherche, don't have anyone in sight yet.

That's great!

I need to build another tank unit for Astra seasons. I am considering Hawkeye for it... I already have a Nailah to be sacrificed anytime.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Interesting... Post more... 08.png.306d4f7d098f2c604d9d9e2751ba7ab2.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's great!

I need to build another tank unit for Astra seasons. I am considering Hawkeye for it... I already have a Nailah to be sacrificed anytime.

Hawkeye's new refine is really nice, he should work. Get a +Res copy and Nailah him down.

My Nailah died for B!Ike. I don't regret a thing.
I may build Hawkeye someday, but my to build list is too long for now

Just now, Rinco said:

Hawkeye's new refine is really nice, he should work. Get a +Res copy and Nailah him down.

My Nailah died for B!Ike. I don't regret a thing.
I may build Hawkeye someday, but my to build list is too long for now

Yeah. i really like Hawkeye's new refinement. He got a great one! I am search for a +Res one. I may use him with Male Corrin with double Spurs, and may give Corrin a Link Skill to help.

So, anyone going to help me? I've only been given advice I can't use due to not having the fodder.

Do you have Winter Cecilia? Do you have Male Corrin at 5* with his refine and, if not, could you get him there? They are a good pair that would do you great favors in Astra Season, you could test them with a Naga and 2 more heroes to round up the team. Just give Corrin Drives, support him with Cecilia and it should work out. She'll miss on merges and DC, but you can get the feel of it before investing more. I would just advice switching her Bond skill for Close Def/Distant Def if you have the fodder, because you usually don't want Corrin or any other unit right beside her to not be vulnerable from a danced ranged.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Do you have Winter Cecilia? Do you have Male Corrin at 5* with his refine and, if not, could you get him there? They are a good pair that would do you great favors in Astra Season, you could test them with a Naga and 2 more heroes to round up the team. Just give Corrin Drives, support him with Cecilia and it should work out. She'll miss on merges and DC, but you can get the feel of it before investing more. I would just advice switching her Bond skill for Close Def/Distant Def if you have the fodder, because you usually don't want Corrin or any other unit right beside her to not be vulnerable from a danced ranged.

Yes to Cecilia, but she's not really built. I'm not a fan of armors anyway. No to Corrin, I despise him. Any other unit ideas?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes to Cecilia, but she's not really built. No to Corrin, I despise him. Any other unit ideas?

Original Marth with his Falchion refine? That works as a support.
Cecilia doesn't need much, just like I said. Close/Distant Def, only if you have it, whatever B you want, maybe Guard or Renewal (optimal would be Vengeful Fighter, but if you don't want to invest too much yet, don't bother) and Atk Smoke for C. Quick Riposte for Seal if not using Vengeful Fighter.

You should also look at Akariss videos on Youtube. He's a F2P who scores on top 1k of AR and has lots of videos dedicated to the mode. He post videos of his matches and show how he tackles each challenge. That could be helpful to you.

Edited by Rinco

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Original Marth with his Falchion refine? That works as a support.
Cecilia doesn't need much, just like I said. Close/Distant Def, only if you have it, whatever B you want, maybe Guard or Renewal (optimal would be Vengeful Fighter, but if you don't want to invest too much yet, don't bother) and Atk Smoke for C. Quick Riposte for Seal if not using Vengeful Fighter.

I do have him built up. Just look at my barracks full of tons of already built units and give me ideas on them. Who else besides Marth? I said I don't have Cecilia built up.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do have him built up. Just look at my barracks full of tons of already built units and give me ideas on them. Who else besides Marth? I said I don't have Cecilia built up.

That would be pretty minimal SI on Cecilia. Atk Smoke, Renewal and slap Quick Riposte seal. Don't even need to bother with positioning assist or changing her special. What I'm sugesting is just for you to see how it plays and think if it's worth the investment (because Cecilia would be Grail investment and in the future you'd need some more SI on her). 
If you're not willing to do even those pretty minimal SI, then we would need screenshots of every unit to see the builds you have on them and see what could work.

For options beside Marth, for support, there is Kaden. But I don't have any practice with him to get in more details. You'd need someone to buff him and you would need to be wary of Tactics Rooms and other debuffs that could mess him up.

Usually the support units can apply in-combat buffs to your tanks, like Corrin's and Marth's (and B!Lucina) refined weapons and Kaden's normal weapon. You also want to stack Drives on C and Seal slot and you can have Shove/Smite as assist with a Link skill on B slot (Def/Res Link usually, to buff both defensive stats). But in every match you have to watch out for stuff that can mess up those buffs, so there are times when you would not use them at all. You could look in your barracks to see if there is someone that fills that role.

I thankfully got 3 easy maps today and managed to get to rank ~1,500, which should be safe to stay in top 3,000. Now off to the chore of Arena...

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The problem is that magic units are far more common in Aether Raids than physical units, meaning "not using Frederick and Silas against magic units" more or less means "not using them at all" because there just aren't enough physical units for them to tank.

I'd lean more towards using Hrid (though he probably needs a ton of stacks of Ward Cavalry to pull it off) or Conrad (if you can get your hands on Distant Counter for him) since they have the Res to deal with magic users.

If you won't use Corrin, the other good support units are Legendary Azura, Kaden, and vanilla Marth. If you don't have those, use units that can provide Goad/Ward buffs.

It's probably worth your while to build Cecilia since she's literally the only ranged armor that is not 5-star-exclusive and is somewhat easier to merge. Otherwise, I notice you do have Halloween Henry, who is okay for the job (give him Gronnblade and try to keep him buffed). It looks like you also have Caineghis, though he's a bit harder to use since he need to be remain transformed.

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Remember though, I'm looking for help on winning offensive battles. I'm not worried about defense teams right now. So even if Silas or Frederick or Cherche aren't the best for defensive teams, they could be used in offensive ones, maybe.

@Diovani Bressan

Cherche is actually pretty good on a defensive team, especially if you have a dancer that can send her from the back of your formation all the way to the front to try to nuke something. I haven't tested it, but it might actually be worth it to keep her Pivot help her move forward, but it requires perfectly setting up your positioning so that the Pivot will occur before the dance and she'll still be in range of the dancer.

On offense, you can user her on a Galeforce team, though it's a bit tricky since you can't get her Galeforce off on the first round of combat unless you have Legendary Hector (but with Hector, you can't use another flier besides Cherche and Eir/Naga due to the team composition restriction on Ostia's Pulse).

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

That would be pretty minimal SI on Cecilia. Atk Smoke, Renewal and slap Quick Riposte seal. Don't even need to bother with positioning assist or changing her special. What I'm sugesting is just for you to see how it plays and think if it's worth the investment (because Cecilia would be Grail investment and in the future you'd need some more SI on her). 
If you're not willing to do even those pretty minimal SI, then we would need screenshots of every unit to see the builds you have on them and see what could work.

For options beside Marth, for support, there is Kaden. But I don't have any practice with him to get in more details. You'd need someone to buff him and you would need to be wary of Tactics Rooms and other debuffs that could mess him up.

Usually the support units can apply in-combat buffs to your tanks, like Corrin's and Marth's (and B!Lucina) refined weapons and Kaden's normal weapon. You also want to stack Drives on C and Seal slot and you can have Shove/Smite as assist with a Link skill on B slot (Def/Res Link usually, to buff both defensive stats). But in every match you have to watch out for stuff that can mess up those buffs, so there are times when you would not use them at all. You could look in your barracks to see if there is someone that fills that role.

I can't use ANY other characters in my barracks? I have a LOT.

I do have Kaden, I can use him. I already use drives a lot. I need more than two units on a team though. Preferably two more units to do battling and one refresher, as I believe this is the best setup.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you won't use Corrin, the other good support units are Legendary Azura, Kaden, and vanilla Marth. If you don't have those, use units that can provide Goad/Ward buffs.

It's probably worth your while to build Cecilia since she's literally the only ranged armor that is not 5-star-exclusive and is somewhat easier to merge. Otherwise, I notice you do have Halloween Henry, who is okay for the job (give him Gronnblade and try to keep him buffed). It looks like you also have Caineghis, though he's a bit harder to use since he need to be remain transformed.

I have all three of them, yes. I don't really have the resources to give Henry Gronnblade atm. I could do things with Caineghis though.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On offense, you can user her on a Galeforce team, though it's a bit tricky since you can't get her Galeforce off on the first round of combat unless you have Legendary Hector (but with Hector, you can't use another flier besides Cherche and Eir/Naga due to the team composition restriction on Ostia's Pulse).

I've got legendary Hector, but I recall Velouria's weapon helps special cooldown and that she's used on Galeforce teams for that reason. I have her at +1.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I thankfully got 3 easy maps today and managed to get to rank ~1,500, which should be safe to stay in top 3,000. Now off to the chore of Arena...

That's nice! It's always good to get easy maps in the last day of the season!

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cherche is actually pretty good on a defensive team, especially if you have a dancer that can send her from the back of your formation all the way to the front to try to nuke something. I haven't tested it, but it might actually be worth it to keep her Pivot help her move forward, but it requires perfectly setting up your positioning so that the Pivot will occur before the dance and she'll still be in range of the dancer.

Yeah, Cherche is a great unit for both Offensive and Defensive. I believe I just said that she is easy to defeat since she has low Res and Spd, but she can be very deadly if you allowe her to attack your units.

I can't use ANY other characters in my barracks? I have a LOT.

I do have Kaden, I can use him. I already use drives a lot. I need more than two units on a team though. Preferably two more units to do battling and one refresher, as I believe this is the best setup.

Yes, you can. For tanks, you'd want someone with balanced Def/Res. Pair it up with the support unit and try to stack Def/Res on the tank via Spurs/Drives or effects like those refines I suggested.

Aside from the Tank/Support pair, you want at least 1 mythic of the offensive blessing corresponding to the season, one bonus unit to give you the +20 scoring and the other unit can be whoever you like. Just get them all blessed with Light/Astra blessing corresponding to the mythic. 

If you're testing it this next season, you can go with a tank that has slightly more Res than Def, since Naga's Astra Blessing gives +5 Def.

For a tank team, I'd recommend Caineghis, Kaden, Legendary Azura, one more combat unit, and Eir/Naga.

For the combat unit, I'd recommend either bringing another tank (Halloween Henry is a good one once you have the resources to get Gronnblade on him since he has Armor March by default) or a player-phase cavalry unit that can rush out to snipe something if needed or stay back and use Hone Cavalry to keep Kaden buffed.

One other possible option for Henry other than Gronnblade is to run Gronnraven + Triangle Adept on him to deal with blue and colorless nukes.