Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

11 hours ago, Rinco said:

@Vicious Sal did the same with Laegjarn, didn't even blink. (Ok, I'm lying. I waited to get the 6000HM for the feathers and then sac'd her for Aversa). Hrid is another one that was only useful for the 6k feathers and died so that Ares could get his DC.

I'm almost using my CC LA!Lyn right now for Kronya so I can save orbs for Mythic banners instead of trying for Takumi

Here are the units I have built for Astra Season. I'm not using Ares yet since I need a +Atk copy for better results. Both Nagas have Chill Spd, I'll take care of it later.

caHPRyz.jpg

EOZvKTe.jpg

IzhdU1q.jpg

K8hMOth.jpg

ewR2zYw.jpg

I hate using on mobile to post screenshots.

Looking good skills wise, are you planning on giving Cecilia special fighter at a later point? 

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I've watched the videos and read some of the post. It's a long post, so yeah. And yeah, I like tanking, that's my favorite play style.

Let me know when you've read it all. It's important information. Also, don't forget to record your attempts vs my defense teams. You can try both seasons and record them. One is a Flier ball, the other is an IP team. Both are good against tanking, so trying to clear them is a great excercise. 

5 hours ago, Jave said:

Okay, I want to make a Flier Ball Defense team. I haven't done the positioning yet, but I think I have the units chosen and (mostly) built.

Here's the screenshot gallery. I'd appreciate any opinions and advice.

A flierball defense team relies heavily on creating a lot of forward momentum after being engaged on. This is because of the fact that all carry the flier formation skill. this lets them, warp 3 tiles away from their starting point. They survive the initial assault because of the stacking of ward fliers. Fliers in the middle of the ball receive a whopping 20 Def and 20 Res, those on the sides get 16 def and res.

So the first thing needed is getting all of these units FF and Ward fliers. I would give Azura the seal, so she can keep WoM. 

Next is positioning, You have two melee units, those are the front line. Elincia is not the best front line unit, but for now, we'll keep it like it is. Take a look at my defense team for positioning on your units. You'll want to have Azura as far back as she can be, so she cannot be baited. 

Now, onto the units:

Yune: Can generally keep her base kit if you just use her for lift loss reduction. However, getting Spectral tome (on a banner now) is great, so you can inflict panic on buffed tanks. All units like to have Fury, just to have as high stats as possible. All exept the dancer, your Azura being -Atk is great. 

L!Azura: Replace fury for Fort Def, it will make it harder for her to be baited.

If you have a rally up skill, give it to Hinoka, she will move forward, get danced, and will be able to do a number on armor tanks.

Mostly, look at my defense team, try and test it a bit and see why certain units move first etc.

Also, look at your barracks and see if you have any good axe fliers you can build. Beruka as guard, but needs res buffs in te form of bonds on the seal. Same for Cherche. Camilla is a good mixed tank. Axe fliers are great tanks for the frontline. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Replays of this week. I think I might open a new topic, where people can use their own post to build a defense replay library/ offense library. Think that would be a great resource for players. Having trouble with a map? Look up a similar map in the library and see how people beat it.

30 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

My Replays of this week. I think I might open a new topic, where people can use their own post to build a defense replay library/ offense library. Think that would be a great resource for players. Having trouble with a map? Look up a similar map in the library and see how people beat it.

That would be great! I would contribute there.

About my Cecilia, she'll get Special Spiral someday and the Quick Riposte Seal. She's working so far, I'm not in a hurry to change her kit yet

17 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

You could add timestamps for every match next to the format, that would make it easy enough right?

Yeah, I guess I could do that~ Maybe I'll try to do that once I'm on Winter break since I've got quite a few~

3 replays from this week.

First one is pretty straightforward. Tibarn made some holes but I got some kills and no lift loss.

Second match Lion King sweeped me.

Then I decided to change some positioning on Duma and on some traps. 

The other match didn't have anything interesting. Killed a couple units and they surrender.

Well this has to be the quickest to be targeted and fought in succession ever.

D79-BCEE8-2-A81-4-B12-B8-CA-1794-E2-D1-C

Will upload the replays in to the compendium later today. =] 

For people who haven’t seen it yet, there is a new topic for replays in this forum. There we can keep records. ^^

Edited by Vicious Sal

I won't be keeping my tier this week. Lost every single battle except for one. This is why I was asking for help and still need it.

My units must suck or something. Triangle Adept Cecilia only doing 8 damage to a Reinhardt? Yeah, these units I'm using suck. I need better ones, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I won't be keeping my tier this week. Lost every single battle except for one. This is why I was asking for help and still need it.

My units must suck or something. Triangle Adept Cecilia only doing 8 damage to a Reinhardt? Yeah, these units I'm using suck. I need better ones, I guess.

Just to be sure, are you using the bonus structures for your defense and offense map?

And what structures have you leveled on offense?

29 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Just to be sure, are you using the bonus structures for your defense and offense map?

And what structures have you leveled on offense?

Yep, I am. I have my fortress O upgraded all the way too, as well as the healing tower and escape ladder. Bolt tower is lv. 4. A bunch of other structures are lv. 2.

I did discover that for some reason, my Cecilia was running both Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept though, which of course is completely redundant, so I fixed that. I have no idea how that happened. xP She probably still ought to get something better than Atk+3 in the A slot though.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did discover that for some reason, my Cecilia was running both Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept though, which of course is completely redundant, so I fixed that. I have no idea how that happened. xP She probably still ought to get something better than Atk+3 in the A slot though.

Raven tomes and Triangle Adept are not redundant. They have different effects.

Raven tomes offer color advantage against colorless units. Triangle Adept amplifies the effect of color advantage/disadvantage.

Just now, XRay said:

Raven tomes and Triangle Adept are not redundant. They have different effects.

Raven tomes offer color advantage against colorless units. Triangle Adept amplifies the effect of color advantage/disadvantage.

Oh, I thought for some reason raven tomes had innate Triangle Adept. Okay then.

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Oho, you added Reyson~  Kronya not being able to kill Lucina is hilarious LOL

Yeah! I added Reyson to have an extra healing, especially now with Duo Hectors...

@Anacybele You use a Raven Tome and TA on your Robin and forgot how it works? Raven + TA is not bad, because makes the unit very effective against colorless and the color that he/she is effective against.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You use a Raven Tome and TA on your Robin and forgot how it works? Raven + TA is not bad, because makes the unit very effective against colorless and the color that he/she is effective against.

Yeah, I guess I had a bit of a derp moment.

I've been thinking on who to support with Ares for my Astra Counter-Vantage team. What do you guys think about Mordecai? He would run Smite to throw Ares into the enemies and, with his weapon, it would debuff the enemies for Ares' first round of combat, when he would still apply Def Smoke around for the enemy phase countering. Mordecai being blue also means he can possibly soften some of the blues that Ares could have trouble with, if needed. What else could I run on him aside from Smite and his default Atk/Def Link?

14 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I've been thinking on who to support with Ares for my Astra Counter-Vantage team. What do you guys think about Mordecai? He would run Smite to throw Ares into the enemies and, with his weapon, it would debuff the enemies for Ares' first round of combat, when he would still apply Def Smoke around for the enemy phase countering. Mordecai being blue also means he can possibly soften some of the blues that Ares could have trouble with, if needed. What else could I run on him aside from Smite and his default Atk/Def Link?

I changed Mordecai's Atk/Def Link to Atk/Res Link, since some of my CC/DC Vantage units have more Def than Res and I wanted to fix their Res.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I changed Mordecai's Atk/Def Link to Atk/Res Link, since some of my CC/DC Vantage units have more Def than Res and I wanted to fix their Res.

I'd do that if Ares' special wasn't Bonfire. He could use the buff to do more dmg on the counter proc

Personally, I usually have my Eirs/Nagas providing the buffs since they're around all the time. This changes whenever I can squeeze L!Azura onto the team, but for the most part it's the Mythics that provide buffs (especially since they don't pick up their each others' +HP and +stat). Mordecai seems like a fine choice, though. I usually run F!Takumi if L!Azura isn't an option. That 10-damage AoE and AoE Panic can really screw up entire defense teams. If stacked up in the right position with the Bolt Tower, it's possible to do 40 damage to an enemy team, which can make for an insanely easy clean-up for the Vantage sweeper.

26 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'd do that if Ares' special wasn't Bonfire. He could use the buff to do more dmg on the counter proc

Well, I use him with Odd Def Wave + Even Def Wave Seal combo... so it still works. If at start of the turn the ally in adjacent for Mordecai, he will have 3 stats boosted.

15 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Personally, I usually have my Eirs/Nagas providing the buffs since they're around all the time. This changes whenever I can squeeze L!Azura onto the team, but for the most part it's the Mythics that provide buffs (especially since they don't pick up their each others' +HP and +stat). Mordecai seems like a fine choice, though. I usually run F!Takumi if L!Azura isn't an option. That 10-damage AoE and AoE Panic can really screw up entire defense teams. If stacked up in the right position with the Bolt Tower, it's possible to do 40 damage to an enemy team, which can make for an insanely easy clean-up for the Vantage sweeper.

Wow, you're right. Takumi didn't cross my mind when I was looking for someone. I'll see what I can do with him.