Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi I always forget that Skadi also inflicts panic... XD

Heh, I used to too before I started using him heavily, but, if I'm being honest, that's become one of the main selling points for me. Plus, it's not an HP-based Panic, so even beefy enemies can get debuffed by it. A lot of defenses are still in love with L!Azura and running her Atk Tactic, too, so Skadi ruins them.

I think I'm gonna build him like this: Skadi, Smite, Moonbow, Fury 3, Spd/Def Link, Atk Tactics. For seal slot I can use Res Tactics, if I want to buff every stat (to tell the truth, I don't even know if we have that seal, as I don't use those that much lol) or any other seal that would help Ares.

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Heh, I used to too before I started using him heavily, but, if I'm being honest, that's become one of the main selling points for me. Plus, it's not an HP-based Panic, so even beefy enemies can get debuffed by it. A lot of defenses are still in love with L!Azura and running her Atk Tactic, too, so Skadi ruins them.

Yeah. My Yune has Harsh Command+, so in Dark Seasons I still can use Hone Spd 4 on Azura... But in Anima Seasons she has a Drive Skill.

I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'm struggling with AR and could use some help. I'm a fairly new player (1-2 months), but I'm obsessed with this game so I want to improve as much as possible. I'm low tier in AR (13 at the moment), and it seems like progress is slow. I'd at least like to hit T15 ASAP so I can finish the heroes path quest. I'm still not clear on which units to use for offense and defense, and how to use my blessings. I don't think I've ever won a defense map, and on offense I can get wins but not getting enough lift. Can somebody take a look at my roster and suggest a few teams that will help me move up, as well as letting me know who to bless with what? Most of my units are default builds, though I have started to invest in SI a bit but only have one CC/Vantage user (and no more CC fodder) and one Galeforce unit so far. Let me know if you have any questions about a particular unit and I'll let you know what skills they have (or don't have, lol). I'm mostly F2P, but usually do buy the monthly orb pack deals. I plan on saving orbs for the Mythic banner later this month, but I may have to drop some money on orbs soon because I blew my wad on the Legendary banner last week.

Tharja is my CC/Vantage unit and she dominates most PVE maps, so I'm hoping she'll be good for AR, but I'm not having much luck so far. I guess it comes down to using her effectively. What's the best way to safely get her into vantage range? Should I build a dedicated buff partner for her to keep her bladetome doing effective damage? I usually make sure L!Azura has danced her before she engages, but that's not always possible. Thinking about promoting either Seth/Titania, (M)Corrin, or Marth. Or maybe Odin or Mae? Or is that a waste of time for AR? I have around 95k feathers saved up for promotions/SI

So what teams should I put together to start making progress? Just looking for a point in the right direction 😉 My defense team only has 4 slots, I'm about 150 stones short of being able to add the 5 th😞

EDIT: I do have 323 grails at the moment, so if there are any grail units that would be a big help, I can grab one or more 

Roster should be behind spoiler tags to not be so annoying to those who don't care (if I did it right)

Spoiler

roster_a.jpg

Spoiler

roster_b.jpg

Spoiler

roster_c.jpg

Spoiler

roster_d.jpg

Spoiler

roster_e.jpg

Spoiler

roster_f.jpg

Spoiler

roster_g.jpg

Spoiler

roster_h.jpg

Spoiler

roster_i.jpg

Spoiler

roster_j.jpg

Edited by TEKWRX
spoiler pics

40 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I think I'm gonna build him like this: Skadi, Smite, Moonbow, Fury 3, Spd/Def Link, Atk Tactics. For seal slot I can use Res Tactics, if I want to buff every stat (to tell the truth, I don't even know if we have that seal, as I don't use those that much lol) or any other seal that would help Ares.

Looks like a pretty good build to me. I tend to swap mine back and forth, depending on how my team comp looks for the season. There's been a few times where also running him as a Vantage tank has allowed him to chew through ranged flier balls. Granted, I'm finding the support set more relevant as I run into more people who put actual effort into their flier teams. Actually, one bonus point for him here is his mediocre Res. As long as he's still relatively healthy (or has Vantage active), it's easy enough to use him to bait errant L!Azuras off the edges of a formation 2-3 turns into the pull, since even with really bad Atk, she'll still go for him (the only exceptions other than unequipped L!Azuras I've seen is some madman who decided it was worth spending 5 L!Azura copies to make a level 1 +1 and a level 1 +2, both built solely for that particular defense team).

Res Tactic is available as a seal. I used it every season.

EDIT:

What, exactly, is giving your Tharja problems? Fully buffed, she should shred most teams. To keep her buffed, give your L!Azura Wings of Mercy and a fully upgraded Earth (or Torrent) Dance Seal. This will at least allow her to teleport in for a full set of +5 buffs if the first round doesn't net an enemy wipe. Getting safely into Vantage range generally involves abusing enemy Bolt Traps/Towers, though you can't always do that. Tharja tends to have a pretty good amount of bulk, though, so as long as she doesn't get doubled on the counter, a fairly simple way to do it is just to attack into an enemy ranged unit when you initiate (do the calcs to make sure it'll do enough damage to her, though).

Some good ways to supplement Tharja's damage if it's not enough for some reason: H!Hector's duo ability; give Tharja Savage Blow (from Camilla) and the Savage Blow Seal (fully upgraded, if possible). Fallen Takumi is also a good pick, if you're willing to spend some Grails.

Consider building some super tanks for when Vantage don't work out for you. Hardin, Fjorm, Idunn and Caineghis are all good choices.

For support units, consider building an M!Corrin. That Reyson you have hanging around is also a fantastic support unit. H!Mia is also a great pick for when you run into those pesky Infantry Pulse teams.

As for defense, don't worry about that yet. Work on getting all the upgrades you want for your offense team, because they'll earn way more points. You can try throwing together something with Rein, L!Alm, L!Azura and L!Lucina, then stick 'em behind a couple bulky guys (like Hardin or Idunn) and see if you can catch someone off-guard. The aim is to just get a couple pick offs to reduce your lift loss, since the odds of a team that isn't highly invested actually winning are extremely slim.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

17 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

I hope this is the right place to ask, but I'm struggling with AR and could use some help. I'm a fairly new player (1-2 months), but I'm obsessed with this game so I want to improve as much as possible. I'm low tier in AR (13 at the moment), and it seems like progress is slow. I'd at least like to hit T15 ASAP so I can finish the heroes path quest. I'm still not clear on which units to use for offense and defense, and how to use my blessings. I don't think I've ever won a defense map, and on offense I can get wins but not getting enough lift. Can somebody take a look at my roster and suggest a few teams that will help me move up, as well as letting me know who to bless with what? Most of my units are default builds, though I have started to invest in SI a bit but only have one CC/Vantage user (and no more CC fodder) and one Galeforce unit so far. Let me know if you have any questions about a particular unit and I'll let you know what skills they have (or don't have, lol). I'm mostly F2P, but usually do buy the monthly orb pack deals. I plan on saving orbs for the Mythic banner later this month, but I may have to drop some money on orbs soon because I blew my wad on the Legendary banner last week.

Tharja is my CC/Vantage unit and she dominates most PVE maps, so I'm hoping she'll be good for AR, but I'm not having much luck so far. I guess it comes down to using her effectively. What's the best way to safely get her into vantage range? Should I build a dedicated buff partner for her to keep her bladetome doing effective damage? I usually make sure L!Azura has danced her before she engages, but that's not always possible. Thinking about promoting either Seth/Titania, (M)Corrin, or Marth. Or maybe Odin or Mae? Or is that a waste of time for AR? I have around 95k feathers saved up for promotions/SI

So what teams should I put together to start making progress? Just looking for a point in the right direction 😉 My defense team only has 4 slots, I'm about 150 stones short of being able to add the 5 th😞

EDIT: I do have 323 grails at the moment, so if there are any grail units that would be a big help, I can grab one or more 

Roster should be behind spoiler tags to not be so annoying to those who don't care (if I did it right)

Hide contents

roster_a.jpg

Hide contents

roster_b.jpg

Hide contents

roster_c.jpg

Hide contents

roster_d.jpg

Hide contents

roster_e.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_f.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_g.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_h.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_i.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_j.jpg

Hey great to hear you are liking AR(and Feh as a whole)!

Don’t feel all that bad about losing defense s at that tier, the way the game is set up as of now ‘punishes’ newer players. You don’t have the resources that we do from when the game started, so at a certain point you’ll start fighting people who have better offense and defense structures than you. 

For starters, it is best to focus on upgrading your offense fort first. Offense gives more lift than defense reduced loss of lift. It is good that you’re going for mythics, two of Naga/Eir, depending on the season, grant a huge boost to your lift. 

For advice, I made a really long post a few pages back detailing all the different kinds of Offense and defense teams. That is a worthwhile read. Other than that, I will take a look at your units in the next couple of days! Good luck!

I think this week the longest I've ever held first place in Aether Raids. Just looking around at the other main units of other people up there already makes that Halloween Hector I have on display feel outdated. Just a few spaces down is a fellow on my friend list that already has a +10 Duo Ephraim. Jeez, already? It felt like a miracle that I managed to finish Hector while his banner was still up, I could never imagine +10ing a new unit every other week! lmao

6Mzj3G5.png

I doubt I'll be up there long; after encountering a fellow with three +10 Nagas recently, my only assumption can be that that fellow is presently slacking off. lol

I pray this month's mythic hero does turn out to be light or astra. Using multiple copies of Eir/Naga evry day has really been a drag. I want some more variety to make thing more interesting.

Edited by Namero

59 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Hide contents

roster_a.jpg

Hide contents

roster_b.jpg

Hide contents

roster_c.jpg

Hide contents

roster_d.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_e.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_f.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_g.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_h.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_i.jpg

Hide contents

roster_j.jpg

For Defense, maybe you could try a Cav Line. You have enough ranged cavalry units, even if you don't have the 6 slots for defense yet, maybe at your tier it will still be able to take out some units and reduce the lift lost.
Just throw all your ranged cavs at the desert map side by side (if you get the 5th unit, you can leave the space behind the mountain open, then you'll have a pretty good coverage still). Put buildings closing both sides of the enemy path on the sides of the bottom mountains and the rest of the useful buildings behind your units. You can start by using Reinhardt, Brave Veronica, Mage Eirika and Rolf. I'd probably leave the left column empty and focus on putting the units on the 4 others (excluding the column with the mountain close to your units).

Don't know if it will work, but it should be worth to test it out.

8 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I'm mostly F2P, but usually do buy the monthly orb pack deals. I plan on saving orbs for the Mythic banner later this month, but I may have to drop some money on orbs soon because I blew my wad on the Legendary banner last week.

Honestly, if you are willing to spend, I highly recommend summoning another A Monstrous Harvest Hector. I am currently using Kronya, 2 AMH!Hectors, and 2 Nagas, and AMH!Hector makes Counter-Vantage Kronya's job a freaking breeze. Kronya can step on any kind of Trap and it does not even matter since her Vantage is not dependent on her HP.

If you willing to spend more, you can duplicate the above team for the other Aether Raids season, so having a total of 2 Kronyas, 4 AMH!Hectors, and 2 Eirs and 2 Nagas.

What's the best way to safely get her into vantage range?

Bolt Traps. Most Bolt Traps are placed so horribly that it often benefits you far more than the defense team.

Should I build a dedicated buff partner for her to keep her bladetome doing effective damage? I usually make sure L!Azura has danced her before she engages, but that's not always possible.

Azura: Vallite Songstress is fine. You want to make sure VS!Azura got Wings of Mercy. Regular Counter-Vantage units are not a solution to everything as a lot of maps have counter measures in place, especially in the higher tiers.

I personally run Brave Heroes Lyn (Firesweep), Cordelia (Galeforce), Laevatein (Counter-Vantage), Olivia, and VS!Azura for my Player Phase team.

I recommend getting that 5th slot as soon as possible.

If you are on a budget, I recommend building Sharena as your super tank, run 2 M!Corrins, and run 2 Eirs. M!Corrins will provide a massive amount of buffs and Eir will boost Sharena's Res and keep her healed up.

Sharena:
Fensalir [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Guard
Atk Smoke
Distant Def

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

EDIT:

What, exactly, is giving your Tharja problems? Fully buffed, she should shred most teams. To keep her buffed, give your L!Azura Wings of Mercy and a fully upgraded Earth (or Torrent) Dance Seal. This will at least allow her to teleport in for a full set of +5 buffs if the first round doesn't net an enemy wipe. Getting safely into Vantage range generally involves abusing enemy Bolt Traps/Towers, though you can't always do that. Tharja tends to have a pretty good amount of bulk, though, so as long as she doesn't get doubled on the counter, a fairly simple way to do it is just to attack into an enemy ranged unit when you initiate (do the calcs to make sure it'll do enough damage to her, though).

Some good ways to supplement Tharja's damage if it's not enough for some reason: H!Hector's duo ability; give Tharja Savage Blow (from Camilla) and the Savage Blow Seal (fully upgraded, if possible). Fallen Takumi is also a good pick, if you're willing to spend some Grails.

Consider building some super tanks for when Vantage don't work out for you. Hardin, Fjorm, Idunn and Caineghis are all good choices.

For support units, consider building an M!Corrin. That Reyson you have hanging around is also a fantastic support unit. H!Mia is also a great pick for when you run into those pesky Infantry Pulse teams.

As for defense, don't worry about that yet. Work on getting all the upgrades you want for your offense team, because they'll earn way more points. You can try throwing together something with Rein, L!Alm, L!Azura and L!Lucina, then stick 'em behind a couple bulky guys (like Hardin or Idunn) and see if you can catch someone off-guard. The aim is to just get a couple pick offs to reduce your lift loss, since the odds of a team that isn't highly invested actually winning are extremely slim.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I'm not sure why I didn't think to give L!Azura WoM before now. A few days ago I gave it to H!Mia and it seems like a really helpful skill, even better on a dancer/buffer. Now I need to decide if I should take it from my first and only 4* Cain that I summoned yesterday, or spend the 20k feathers to get it from one of the 4 Frederick combat manuals I have. Not sure if I want to start foddering my only copy of a unit so early in my game playing career, lol. I guess feathers aren't too hard to farm at the moment, I do you an auto clicker overnight. 

As for Tharja, I don't have any regular Camillas for Savage Blow, but I do have 2 Bantu combat manuals, so again I'd need to decide if that's worth the 20k. I think I'd rather spend the feathers unlocking 5* of some units that would be of more help. I only have 1 M!Corrin at the moment who is -Atk +Def, is he worth spending on until I summon better IVs?

As for supertanks, does F!Tiki qualify? Since I summoned her I feel see's been one of my best units. I haven't done much with her besides giver her Noontime (and more recently Aether) to keep her HP up and it seems to work ok. Although Noontime seem to work better with its shorter cooldown, but I haven't used Aether long enough to tell yet honestly. I do have a second copy of her that I want to merge, I'm just not sure which IV is better for her. +Atk or +Res?

What's the best way to use H!Mia? Just attack the units with the lowest cooldown displayed at the time? I did refine her weapon (dazzling eff.), so she can reset their special but if I leave her in range of almost anybody decent she's dead because she is kinda weak and frail. 

Also, I need to give some of my most used units some positioning skills, but I'm unsure who should get what. I need someone to have smite to push Tharja closer to the action. I Was thinking about F!Tiki because she doesn't want anyone next to her when the next turn starts to activate her C skill. Would that be good? What about Duo Hector? Swap or Reposition? Or something else? I was planning to +10 my Cherche so I have a few copies of Pivot lying around.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I'm not sure why I didn't think to give L!Azura WoM before now. A few days ago I gave it to H!Mia and it seems like a really helpful skill, even better on a dancer/buffer. Now I need to decide if I should take it from my first and only 4* Cain that I summoned yesterday, or spend the 20k feathers to get it from one of the 4 Frederick combat manuals I have. Not sure if I want to start foddering my only copy of a unit so early in my game playing career, lol. I guess feathers aren't too hard to farm at the moment, I do you an auto clicker overnight. 

As for Tharja, I don't have any regular Camillas for Savage Blow, but I do have 2 Bantu combat manuals, so again I'd need to decide if that's worth the 20k. I think I'd rather spend the feathers unlocking 5* of some units that would be of more help. I only have 1 M!Corrin at the moment who is -Atk +Def, is he worth spending on until I summon better IVs?

As for supertanks, does F!Tiki qualify? Since I summoned her I feel see's been one of my best units. I haven't done much with her besides giver her Noontime (and more recently Aether) to keep her HP up and it seems to work ok. Although Noontime seem to work better with its shorter cooldown, but I haven't used Aether long enough to tell yet honestly. I do have a second copy of her that I want to merge, I'm just not sure which IV is better for her. +Atk or +Res?

What's the best way to use H!Mia? Just attack the units with the lowest cooldown displayed at the time? I did refine her weapon (dazzling eff.), so she can reset their special but if I leave her in range of almost anybody decent she's dead because she is kinda weak and frail. 

Cain is not a terribly useful unit, but I can understand not wanting to get rid of your only copy. Still, I'd be a bit hesitant to spend 20k on WoM3. I suppose it would probably be justifiable for such a big performance increase on a unit like L!Azura.

Similar case for Savage Blow here. I guess Tharja is important enough that it might be worth the 20k. Savage Blow 2 might even be enough if you've got the seal in place.

M!Corrin's boost is powerful enough that he can do nothing else all battle and it'll be worth it. I have mine supported to Surtr, with Drive Res 2 and Drive Res 2 Seal and he provides +5 Atk/Spd/Def and +11 Res while standing 2 tiles away from Surtr. It lets him get away with some pretty silly tanking shenanigans.

F!Tiki could work, but she's a bit low in the Res department. Unless you can get her Fortress Res/Def or Warding Stance 4, I'd probably only risk using her in Light Season. I guess either that or build two very strong Res-boosting supports. She's gonna have a bad time if Ophelia shows up, though. If you do choose to super tank with her, +Res all the way.

The way I use H!Mia is usually to just hit whoever will cause the Guard debuff to hit the worst targets. It has a range of 2 from the target, so its reach is actually bigger than it seems. Once she applies it, I usually Reposition her out with my tank/sweeper. She may still need a second unit to Repo/Smite/Draw Back her out of range after that. It can be a bit of a pain, but keeping your sweeper alive is worth it.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Also, I need to give some of my most used units some positioning skills, but I'm unsure who should get what. I need someone to have smite to push Tharja closer to the action. I Was thinking about F!Tiki because she doesn't want anyone next to her when the next turn starts to activate her C skill. Would that be good? What about Duo Hector? Swap or Reposition? Or something else? I was planning to +10 my Cherche so I have a few copies of Pivot lying around.

F!Tiki probably wants to be the one getting Smitten, not the Smiter. Usually you want that with your supports. Bonus points if the support also has a Link skill. The generic pick for just about anyone is Reposition. It's just that good of a skill. Link users typically want Smite. Armours generally want Pivot. Sometimes Draw Back and Swap can be useful (I run Swap on my M!Corrin and Draw Back on one of my Eirs), but it's wholly team-comp dependent on whether these are more helpful to you than Repo. Sometimes Shove is also preferred over Smite, but that's typically just a Kaden thing.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

Now I need to decide if I should take it from my first and only 4* Cain that I summoned yesterday, or spend the 20k feathers to get it from one of the 4 Frederick combat manuals I have.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

As for Tharja, I don't have any regular Camillas for Savage Blow, but I do have 2 Bantu combat manuals, so again I'd need to decide if that's worth the 20k.

3* and 4* units are relatively common. If you are a paying player and summon regularly, fodder should not be an issue. Since you are starting out, it just takes time to build up your fodder reserve. I personally would not spend 20,000 Feathers on Frederick for Wings of Mercy since Cain has it. Similarly, I would not spend Feathers on Bantu either.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

I only have 1 M!Corrin at the moment who is -Atk +Def, is he worth spending on until I summon better IVs?

Since he is a support unit, his nature does not really matter.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

She works, but make sure to check the map beforehand before you use her. Darkness Within Y!Tiki's C skill gives her bonus buffs, and while that would normally be a good thing, Panic is very common in Aether Raids and that would reverse her buffs into debuffs, so you need make sure DW!Y!Tiki does not get Panicked.

For her Special, I recommend Moonbow, Glimmer, or ideally Ruptured Sky. Healing is best done by support units such as Eir and staff users. Damage output in Aether Raids is so high that healing Specials simply cannot keep up, and Noontime cannot heal the unit outside of combat.

For picking Specials, you generally want to pick Specials that can trigger during every single round of combat. Unless the unit have the tools for Aether to activate during every single round of combat, I do not recommend using Aether.

For her nature, I lean towards +Res so she stands a better chance against Ophelia.

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

She is best used in Røkkr Sieges for shutting down Umbra Calamity.

In Aether Raids, she is more difficult to use due to the reasons you have mentioned. To extract her out, you want to use VS!Azura to extract her as VS!Azura gives her extra mobility, and you often times need a third unit to extract the VS!Azura out since The Land's Bounty Mia cannot run Reposition.

28 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Counter-Vantage units do not really need Smite support in my opinion. Tharja should have enough mobility from VS!Azura to even hit the enemy back line if necessary. In my opinion, Smite is more for melee nukes who lack the range to engage enemy front lines.

The two most important positioning Assist skills are Reposition and Swap. All Player Phase nukes and dual phase units want Reposition. Enemy Phase units can run either Reposition or Swap; I prefer Swap on units with one movement range and Reposition on units with 2 or more movement range.

Smite is primarily used with Mordecai.

Draw Back, Shove, and Pivot are kind of niche and are generally not used too often.

A Monstrous Harvest Hector is a support unit best used with Counter-Vantage units, and works best with Kronya. His skill set honestly does not matter, but he can stay in the back and run Panic Ploy. If he is run with Kronya, I recommend giving him Reciprocal Aid and Renewal so he can heal up Kronya whenever she needs it.

For the people who have replays, there is this new topic where you can store them for a community directory: 

14 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Reveal hidden contents

roster_a.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_b.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_c.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_d.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_e.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_f.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_g.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_h.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_i.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

roster_j.jpg

Ok, so the first thing I recommend is, take a good look at all the units in the 3/4 star pool that have gotten new refines. New banners give shiny new tools to a few units(like H!Hector and the newest Ephraim) that are useful, but often not game breakingly nescessary. You'll be getting older units way more and way faster because of all the 3/4 units you'll be picking up while summoning. Tharja is a great example. She is a capable CC vantage unit, and surprisingly bulky because of the AOE debuffs. For AR, Merges are absolutely the most important thing, so focussing on great units with good refines is a fantastic budget way of rapidly growing as a player.

Some units to focus on:

- M!Corrin: For AR, a fantastic buffing unit for your main tank. Merges allow him to soak chills from your carry, but a non merged one with many drives is still a great support unit.,

- Aversa: One of the best debuff heroes, one of, if not the best merge project when using grail units.

- F2P armors such as Effie and Sheena can raise your score when heavily merged and invested in the Arena modes, higher tiers and scores equal higher rewards, equal accelerated unit groths. Getting max rewards asap means you'll have all the resources you need for your favorite units sooner.

- Donnel: For AR on light season, Donnel is one of the best and easiest tanks. He will require a Nailah fodder though. And casa blanca from a grail Eliwood.

- Tharja is a great project as well, no harm in keeping investing in her! 

13 hours ago, Rinco said:

For Defense, maybe you could try a Cav Line. You have enough ranged cavalry units, even if you don't have the 6 slots for defense yet, maybe at your tier it will still be able to take out some units and reduce the lift lost.
Just throw all your ranged cavs at the desert map side by side (if you get the 5th unit, you can leave the space behind the mountain open, then you'll have a pretty good coverage still). Put buildings closing both sides of the enemy path on the sides of the bottom mountains and the rest of the useful buildings behind your units. You can start by using Reinhardt, Brave Veronica, Mage Eirika and Rolf. I'd probably leave the left column empty and focus on putting the units on the 4 others (excluding the column with the mountain close to your units).

Don't know if it will work, but it should be worth to test it out.

Cav lines require lots of resources and merges, an easy setup like a rally trap or a restore trap will work a lot easier in those tiers, especially when using L!Lucina as well. That makes the AI to hard for most people in those tiers.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

Honestly, if you are willing to spend, I highly recommend summoning another A Monstrous Harvest Hector. I am currently using Kronya, 2 AMH!Hectors, and 2 Nagas, and AMH!Hector makes Counter-Vantage Kronya's job a freaking breeze. Kronya can step on any kind of Trap and it does not even matter since her Vantage is not dependent on her HP.

If you willing to spend more, you can duplicate the above team for the other Aether Raids season, so having a total of 2 Kronyas, 4 AMH!Hectors, and 2 Eirs and 2 Nagas.

Bolt Traps. Most Bolt Traps are placed so horribly that it often benefits you far more than the defense team.

Azura: Vallite Songstress is fine. You want to make sure VS!Azura got Wings of Mercy. Regular Counter-Vantage units are not a solution to everything as a lot of maps have counter measures in place, especially in the higher tiers.

I personally run Brave Heroes Lyn (Firesweep), Cordelia (Galeforce), Laevatein (Counter-Vantage), Olivia, and VS!Azura for my Player Phase team.

I recommend getting that 5th slot as soon as possible.

If you are on a budget, I recommend building Sharena as your super tank, run 2 M!Corrins, and run 2 Eirs. M!Corrins will provide a massive amount of buffs and Eir will boost Sharena's Res and keep her healed up.

Sharena:
Fensalir [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Guard
Atk Smoke
Distant Def

This Sharena build is one I recommend as well, it will slow your climb since you can only use her once every 4 weeks, however, this might not be a bad thing. At a certain point you'll hit a block because fortress levels of the enemy will be higher, and you need Dew for that. That stuff comes from Ar stones, which longer time players have more of. So climbing with sharena might take a bit longer, but the stones income will mean that you can probably lift a tier every time you are using her.

11 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

It is most definitely not worth it to use 20K feathers for a single skill in most cases! Most common level 3 skills can be found on 4 star rarity units. Some skills, such as Aether and Galeforce, will require 20K since there are no 4 star units that carry them. But things like savage blow and wings of mercy should be waited for unit you pull a Camilla or a Cain.

11 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

This is mostly a case of testing what works for you, just play around a bit and you'll see what units like what kind of skill.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Won one battle but used up all my Ladders today and wasted another 100 Lift. On one of the defense maps, I am not sure how I triggered the enemy to move towards me despite not doing any sort of damage. Since the enemy moved earlier than expected, I could not set up and got wiped. The only thing I can think of is maybe my Dark Shrine triggered Restore, although I am not certain since I did not check AOTB!Veronica's skill set.

Edited by XRay

19 hours ago, Namero said:

I think this week the longest I've ever held first place in Aether Raids. Just looking around at the other main units of other people up there already makes that Halloween Hector I have on display feel outdated. Just a few spaces down is a fellow on my friend list that already has a +10 Duo Ephraim. Jeez, already? It felt like a miracle that I managed to finish Hector while his banner was still up, I could never imagine +10ing a new unit every other week! lmao

Hide contents

6Mzj3G5.png

I doubt I'll be up there long; after encountering a fellow with three +10 Nagas recently, my only assumption can be that that fellow is presently slacking off. lol

I pray this month's mythic hero does turn out to be light or astra. Using multiple copies of Eir/Naga evry day has really been a drag. I want some more variety to make thing more interesting.

Wow, congrats! That's an amazing achievement! 

Next Mythic should definitely be Light or Astra. We just got 2 Defensive Mythics with Sothis and Thrasir.

5 hours ago, Rinco said:

Went for my match today and saw no Hardy Bearing. Got Ares to make his debut. I couldn't believe that Ophelia didn't have Hardy Bearing, so I still checked a couple times during the match lol

Nice, I've got an Ares team, too (though Keaton is my main DC Vantage unit) and I always check every unit for Hardy Bearing like 6 times LOL

20 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

What team are you using now with Tharja? And what are all the teams you run in each season?

17 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Cain is not a terribly useful unit, but I can understand not wanting to get rid of your only copy. Still, I'd be a bit hesitant to spend 20k on WoM3. I suppose it would probably be justifiable for such a big performance increase on a unit like L!Azura.

I'll be back later for more discussion and questions about AR when I have more time, but I just wanted to pop in real quick and say last night while spending way too many orbs trying for another H!Hector before the banner went away, I ended up with 3 extra Cain's, lol. WoM for everybody! 😋 At least my L!Azura and freshly merged +1 Reyson have it now. And no, I didn't end up with another Duo Hector of course, I was pity broken by H!L'Arachel when no red orbs came up my last summoning session 🤬 Not the end of the world because one of my FEH goals is to collect all the Halloween units (my favorite holiday), and I didn't have any green mage cavs yet. Also ended up with a shiny new Hubert, my first 3H unit (beside Kronya, but she's a bad guy so doesn't count, lol) so that's cool. Although I already have a red mage powerhouse in Tharja, so I guess I'll only use him in AA or something... 

Man, only two 5* in 150+ orbs has to be my worst rate since I started playing this game 😢

4 hours ago, Landmaster said:

What team are you using now with Tharja? And what are all the teams you run in each season?

My current team is: 
H!Hector (Armored Boots)
Reyson +1 (Spd) (WoM)
F!Tiki (Aether)
Tharja +1 (Spd) w/3 Flowers (CC/Vantage/Threaten Atk 2/Quickened Pulse) Running Miracle now, but can can switch to Glimmer
L!Azura (WoM/Iote's Shield)

Last night I got totally wrecked by a guy who had a pretty smart map layout. I need to remember to take a screen shot when I come across effective map design so I can try on my defense team. I did win a match today, but I lost two units and only broke one aether pot so I only got 60 lift (out of only 100 possible). Part of the problem is I'm not sure what to do about blessings. I don't think any of my team is blessed right for this week. I'm still not clear on how that all works, and I know that's hurting me. Last week my team had a potential of 130 or 140 lift, but I don't remember who I was using.

On a different note, I think I want to promote M!Corrin and build him to support Tharja while double SP is going on. I also have around 230 dew, so I can refine his Yato right away. I did summon a second Corrin last night, so I'm not sure which IV to promote and use first. I will eventually merge him, but not right away so the feathers can be used elsewhere. So which would be better, -Atk +Def or -Def +Spd?

18 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

My current team is: 
H!Hector (Armored Boots)
Reyson +1 (Spd) (WoM)
F!Tiki (Aether)
Tharja +1 (Spd) w/3 Flowers (CC/Vantage/Threaten Atk 2/Quickened Pulse) Running Miracle now, but can can switch to Glimmer
L!Azura (WoM/Iote's Shield)

Last night I got totally wrecked by a guy who had a pretty smart map layout. I need to remember to take a screen shot when I come across effective map design so I can try on my defense team. I did win a match today, but I lost two units and only broke one aether pot so I only got 60 lift (out of only 100 possible). Part of the problem is I'm not sure what to do about blessings. I don't think any of my team is blessed right for this week. I'm still not clear on how that all works, and I know that's hurting me. Last week my team had a potential of 130 or 140 lift, but I don't remember who I was using.

On a different note, I think I want to promote M!Corrin and build him to support Tharja while double SP is going on. I also have around 230 dew, so I can refine his Yato right away. I did summon a second Corrin last night, so I'm not sure which IV to promote and use first. I will eventually merge him, but not right away so the feathers can be used elsewhere. So which would be better, -Atk +Def or -Def +Spd?

Do you have Eir or Naga? You will want to be using one of them in every one of your teams to boost your score. Then you will Bless the rest of your team accordingly with Light or Astra Blessings depending on which Season the team is for.

That's an alright team for the tier you're in now, but I don't think F!Tiki will be very useful in the long run. I would replace her with Eir or Naga.

Usually +Res Corrin is the best so he can soak the Chill Res from your Tank. You can go with +Spd for now.

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Do you have Eir or Naga? You will want to be using one of them in every one of your teams to boost your score. Then you will Bless the rest of your team accordingly with Light or Astra Blessings depending on which Season the team is for.

That's an alright team for the tier you're in now, but I don't think F!Tiki will be very useful in the long run. I would replace her with Eir or Naga.

Usually +Res Corrin is the best so he can soak the Chill Res from your Tank. You can go with +Spd for now.

I don't have Naga, but I do have Eir. So she should be on the team no matter what season? I think most of my team is light blessed and used Eir before, I guess that's why I had more potential lift last week? What should I do during Astra? I don't have enough blessings to change all the time, so if you or anybody else could suggest a team comp to bless Astra that would be appreciated. I posted screen shots of my roster earlier in the thread, but would it be easier f I typed up a list?

Thanks for the clarification on Corrin. I was leaning towards +Spd, but am always worried about making the wrong choice when spending that many feathers. I will keep an eye out for a +Res one in the future though

1 minute ago, TEKWRX said:

I don't have Naga, but I do have Eir. So she should be on the team no matter what season? I think most of my team is light blessed and used Eir before, I guess that's why I had more potential lift last week? What should I do during Astra? I don't have enough blessings to change all the time, so if you or anybody else could suggest a team comp to bless Astra that would be appreciated. I posted screen shots of my roster earlier in the thread, but would it be easier f I typed up a list?

Thanks for the clarification on Corrin. I was leaning towards +Spd, but am always worried about making the wrong choice when spending that many feathers. I will keep an eye out for a +Res one in the future though

Use Eir on your Light team during Light Season and, hopefully when you get Naga or another Astra Mythic, you can use them on your Astra Team during Astra weeks. You can use Eir but she will do nothing for your score on non-Light weeks. But it's still a good idea to start building your Astra team. You don't want to change your team or Blessings, that's why you can use 10 total teams, for the proper Seasons.

Since you have a CC Vantage team, I would recommend a Supertank and/or Galeforce strategy for Astra. Unless you want to build another Vantage tank but it can be a bit expensive if you don't have the fodder. I would recommend several team comps, though. Supertank, Galeforce, and Vantage. One comp will not be able to beat everything. Have you invested into any other units besides Tharja?

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Since you have a CC Vantage team, I would recommend a Supertank and/or Galeforce strategy for Astra. Unless you want to build another Vantage tank but it can be a bit expensive if you don't have the fodder. I would recommend several team comps, though. Supertank, Galeforce, and Vantage. One comp will not be able to beat everything. Have you invested into any other units besides Tharja?

I would love to build more CC/Vantage units, but of course I have no fodder. I'd like to build a Kronya or Kagero, I've seen them in a few AR videos doing well. I've been pulling colorless when it makes sense hoping for a Takumi but I know that's a longshot.

I haven't invest too much yet, except for stuff like giving WoM to a few support units (L!Azura, H!Mia, Reyson) and a Cherche I started building early on because I liked the character (she kinda looks like my wife 😄). She is +Atk and has Galeforce, Death Blow 3, & Quick Riposte 1, but I haven't refined her axe yet due to how scarce dew is and the fact that I don't use her very much because I didn't find her as effective as other units. Can she be fixed, or should I give up and find other Galefore units? Maybe Mareeta? Or are ranged units better for Galeforce? 

I seem to have quite a few armor units, so what should I look for in a supertank? I don't see Forsyth talked about much, but I'm using him in arena this week because he's a bonus unit and he hasn't gone down once yet and is able to take all the kills. I gave him Death Blow 3, QR3 seal, and Noontime which in conjunction with his PRF weapon keeps his HP topped up all the time.

2 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

I would love to build more CC/Vantage units, but of course I have no fodder. I'd like to build a Kronya or Kagero, I've seen them in a few AR videos doing well. I've been pulling colorless when it makes sense hoping for a Takumi but I know that's a longshot.

I haven't invest too much yet, except for stuff like giving WoM to a few support units (L!Azura, H!Mia, Reyson) and a Cherche I started building early on because I liked the character (she kinda looks like my wife 😄). She is +Atk and has Galeforce, Death Blow 3, & Quick Riposte 1, but I haven't refined her axe yet due to how scarce dew is and the fact that I don't use her very much because I didn't find her as effective as other units. Can she be fixed, or should I give up and find other Galefore units? Maybe Mareeta? Or are ranged units better for Galeforce? 

I seem to have quite a few armor units, so what should I look for in a supertank? I don't see Forsyth talked about much, but I'm using him in arena this week because he's a bonus unit and he hasn't gone down once yet and is able to take all the kills. I gave him Death Blow 3, QR3 seal, and Noontime which in conjunction with his PRF weapon keeps his HP topped up all the time.

Takumi will be featured in a Weekly Revival Banner in a few weeks. I would make sure to set aside some Orbs to pull a few copies. Kronya is a good investment choice~  Kagero is better on Defense than Offense and she doesn't really want CC.

Cavalry units are the best for Galeforce in AR, so units like Peri, B!Roy, L!Ephraim, and Eliwood are your best bets, as well as Tibarn and Naesala because of their extra movement. QR is not something you should use on your GF units, GF units are Player Phase and QR is an EP Skill. Ranged units cannot get Galeforce. I would ask @Maaka and @mampfoid for Galeforce advice, they run it frequently. 

I personally use Raven, L!Eirika, Yarne, and occassionally Velouria for my GF teams and they do the job decently well. Raven, Peri, and Eliwood are 3-4*, so they're cheap investments.

Armors are pretty bad in AR, your supertank should be something like Nowi or Fae, who are cheap 3-4* units and should be fine enough in your teir. In higher teirs, you'll want something like Donnel, Libra, or Brave Ike since Thrasir and L!Julia will be more common.