In light of recent events

Jyosua

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Musashi had been a candidate for a moderator position at the same time as Wist, however at the time he would have declined the position, due to the state of FESS, where he felt he needed to focus his attention. By that same token, Lord Glenn has been a lurker on SF, since he's had to devote all his energy towards FESS, and therefore he never bothered signing up again when we got the site it's own domain and forums again. Some people call the fact we now made him an administrator biased, however, is picking someone you know you can trust with your life biased? Friend or not, as long as we know he'll do a fine job, there's no doubt in my mind it's a good choice. Not only this, but Vincent and I discussed this beforehand. Neither of us thought it a bad idea in the least to bring these two on board as staff, and I know I personally need help managing the forum in some areas the current mods are not experienced in. Also, as Lord Glenn said, when something important comes up, Vincent isn't always on when I need him because of the timezone difference, and because he's a busy person, so I need someone else to rely on during times when Vincent's not around. Adding to that fact is that quite often, I've asked Glenn what he thought of situations going on in SF, since he's experienced, so I run my thoughts by him sometimes to make sure I haven't lost my sanity when I come to certain conclusions. Almost always, I let Vincent know what I'm doing, however, and most of the time I will wait for Vincent before doing anything, because I like to have agreement with him first, but there have been cases which simply cannot wait. In those cases, I need someone else to turn to. Overall, I dislike doing things without having some assurance that what I'm doing isn't against everyone, including all of the staff. More people to turn to for official opinions is better.

Wait, you didn't discuss it with the other staff members?

I'm glad you have faith in Musashi and Lord Glenn, and I'm going to have to live with it that you enjoy contradicting yourselves, but matters like this should be discussed with your entire staff.

I'm not going to speak for him or anything, but if you're staff at a place like FESS, you're basically set.

Please explain. What "set"?

I'm not sure how to feel about all this. It may be a blessing and we get to meet new people, or it could be a curse that will cause the downfall of the forest.

I dunno, but I'll trust Jyo and Vincent in this, since I don't have an opinion.

I'm not sure about Musashi as a mod, seeing as he's really not that active, but that could be because he was busy with his other place. I'm still not so sure about Wist for similar reasons. Nothing against either of them personally, in fact, I think they're both really cool guys, and I'm sure this other admin guy who I don't remember the name of, is as well. But I have to somewhat agree with some of the other people, who said that a week ago we barely needed the mods we had at the time, and now we have two people, one who has barely been active, and the other who never really showed up here, as mod and admin respectively, when there are people here who are just as qualified to be in such a position of power, and have been here for months.

But again, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Like with consolidations of stuff in real life, it worries me slightly, though I'm not sure what's going to happen. And regardless of what I think it doesn't seem to matter too much, as the admins do pretty much what they plan on doing anyway. But they're admins for a reason, so they know better. I suppose.

Wait, you didn't discuss it with the other staff members?

I'm glad you have faith in Musashi and Lord Glenn, and I'm going to have to live with it that you enjoy contradicting yourselves, but matters like this should be discussed with your entire staff.

And even if Jyosua didn't, I'm pretty sure he has a very good reason not to tell yet if that's the case...
Well, I definitely trust Jyo, but still, I think it would be best if he at least DISCUSSED it with them.

My point was that even the entire staff was content with four moderators/administrators at that time, and now we have a staff that's twice as big! Like I said, good job contradicting yourselves, Jyosua and Vincent. And don't take that as an offense. I prefer to see it as "positive critisism that might sound negative".

EDIT: I'm not saying Lord Glenn and Musashi will do a bad job. Like I said, I'm sure they're trustworthy persons who know how to handle tough situation and that they can be relied on. I'm sure they're capable persons who will get the job done.

But that also wasn't my point...

Edited by Tino

Well Jyosua is actually the one who runs this board and what he says I follow. And it seems to me, he's motives aren't bad at all.
I never said his motives were bad, but a staff that doesn't communicate is an unhealthy, untrusting staff.

I'm not sure how early Jyo knew about the issue.

I thought it was obvious this wasn't discussed - You could tell by some of Fox's early posts on the issue. I do think in the long run, with the rate of influx of new users, another mod can't be a bad thing, especially one that was considered in the first place.

I never said his motives were bad, but a staff that doesn't communicate is an unhealthy, untrusting staff.

From most of the people I've asked, Jyosua does indeed ask staff on their input. With the case of bringing another board here, he was doing it to help a friend, right? He's the head of the board and he can make those types of decisions himself.

I don't see too much of a downside to the merger other than the temporary state of chaos we're in... yet anyway.

Unless they have experience in running the previous FE boards. Then it shouldn't be a problem at all. I don't see where your getting at.
...Open your eyes! I have been an Admin/Mod on several several forums. All of which are now shut down/I quit. 80% is because the staff didn't communicate!

...Open your eyes! I have been an Admin/Mod on several several forums. All of which are now shut down/I quit. 80% is because the staff didn't communicate!

Once again, what exactly is your point? FESS has been running for like 6 years now and staff such as Lord Glenn has been running there till the sites end as far as I know for quite a long time and I've seen what he'd done. I'm pretty sure I can rely on Lord Glenn.

Once again, what exactly is your point? FESS has been running for like 6 years now and staff such as Lord Glenn has been running there till the sites end as far as I know for quite a long time and I've seen what he'd done. I'm pretty sure I can rely on Lord Glenn.

His point is that if there isn't communication, the board will fall.

However in this board's case there is communication.