Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

Just now, Athena_57 said:

(not super relevant for the overall story, but two of those were on wagon)

I think the issue you're not really answering here is why is the scumteam handling EOD like this in such a case? Like, maybe I'm massively overstating this issue, but I don't really see a team with Ichigo/Bart/one of those following a coherent strategy as a team?

With for example a Ichigo/Claire/jordan scumteam you have claire trying to swing the wagon to me and ichigo leaving himself open to vote town!you or me and jordan laying low to join either of those if it catches on, or just stay on rad if they don't. Similar setups work with Ichigo/Claire/??? or Ichigo/you/???, but not really without any of ichigo's partners doing smth bc ichigo's actions don't make sense to me in that context.

I just think they weren't here, or didn't see it coming, at least not in a way that could be seen if that makes sense. Bart wasn't really inclined to get off Ichigo and my memory is a bit fuzzy on the means but his wagon was starting to form and the pressure was starting to dissipate. I don't really feel like it was a conscious bus, I've seen wagons on scum happen and then fall off and then a mate just stays on there cause it might look good later on. However, that didn't happen. Scum didn't respond to the situation cause there was no need. I can say one thing with confidence and it's not that Ichigo's wagon was planned, but I do think someone was at the least involved. If we factor this in then you have a ton of people who tried their best to distance themselves from the situation, but then you have also have RAD who offered to CFD onto me which is uh interesting to say the least.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

The way you've been playing and what I do know of you wrt Anon I feel that's a bit contradictory. This is not anon so I don't wanna bring it up too hard but I've always had you on the backburner cause I felt like you were just trying to push enough content to get by. My claim that you responded to was not an isolated incident however and that was my general vibe. I'd say as a parallel my problem with Sully is that I read his posts and there is nothing to distinct him from town/scum because the way he speaks is so dramatic that I can't tell if he's actually serious or playing it up, and then with you you have these moments where you're worried about becoming too dramatic/emotional.

It's a shitty and obvious question to ask but..what are you gonna do when I flip town? Who else are you looking at?

I can link you game's offsite that will give you a far better read on me as a player than that anon ever did if you want me to. Ik self meta is laughable but i'd rather people not base their impressions of me off of that game.... (you felt like i was just trying to get by because spoiler: i was)

The only one on that wagon f marth i'd look at is bart, (this is the probably sole reason im not actually lynching you atm) i can actually understand where you are coming from wrt this whole meta defense of bartzio. And I need to take a look at and reread over his slot (this reread will happen today)

Outside of that Claire needs a relook if you flip town because im inclined to agree with athena's take of scum likely doing something at that EOD (and if its not you, and its not me well.... POE ig)

Then Shinori, Amy slot, are both pretty hard null's that either need to get something done, or give me some kind of tell. So they are in the lynchpool too. 

Incriminating people based on their participation of EOD is always a crapshoot to me because mafia can be a chore, and there are a ton of other factors. I don't think RAD is necessarily towny nor scummy for his CFD suggestion, if anything I am more interested in the bigger picture.

2 minutes ago, RADicate said:

I can link you game's offsite that will give you a far better read on me as a player than that anon ever did if you want me to. Ik self meta is laughable but i'd rather people not base their impressions of me off of that game.... (you felt like i was just trying to get by because spoiler: i was)

The only one on that wagon f marth i'd look at is bart, (this is the probably sole reason im not actually lynching you atm) i can actually understand where you are coming from wrt this whole meta defense of bartzio. And I need to take a look at and reread over his slot (this reread will happen today)

Outside of that Claire needs a relook if you flip town because im inclined to agree with athena's take of scum likely doing something at that EOD (and if its not you, and its not me well.... POE ig)

Then Shinori, Amy slot, are both pretty hard null's that either need to get something done, or give me some kind of tell. So they are in the lynchpool too. 

I disagree with the idea of something intentional being done, and that includes you. Yes, you offered a CFD but like I've seen do plenty of hairball shit in the heat of the moment, and it doesn't really fit with my perspective which is that scum didn't anticipate for Ichigo to get lynched necessarily and we just lucked out. I wish it were easier to call a townblock in that regard but I'm also kinda grateful there isn't cause it makes the PoE a bit less broad.

Right now I truly and genuinely wanna kick back into gear on Bart but hey are you tired of hearing me saying this cause I'm tired of saying it. Other than that I think Sully/Shinori definitely needs more prodding and maybe Jordan too. In terms of how I feel about you? Still doubtful but I feel like I'm competing against the whole thread at some points. Jester also feels oddly unattainable which worries me (despite my own humility about it not being developed).

I'm curious about what Claire was trying to talk about in regards to Athena as well.

I disagree with the idea of something intentional being done, and that includes you. Yes, you offered a CFD but like I've seen do plenty of hairball shit in the heat of the moment, and it doesn't really fit with my perspective which is that scum didn't anticipate for Ichigo to get lynched necessarily and we just lucked out. I wish it were easier to call a townblock in that regard but I'm also kinda grateful there isn't cause it makes the PoE a bit less broad.

Imma agree to disagree on that point (because its gonna lead to a bit of a back and forth that goes nowhere your stance on that and athena's have both been repeated at least a couple times, if you wanna bring the convo back there lmk, but as i said before my favorite way to make reads is simply talking so lets move on). 

You said the POE is made a bit less broad by that EOD, what's you current POE then? (my POE is all but like 4/5 players rn, ig it depends on your definition of a broad POE? meh.)

Day 2: Automated Votals from #438 to #506

weinerboy (3): Jester's Gestures, Mitsuru Kirijo, Athena_57
Mitsuru Kirijo (2): XnadrojX, Bartozio
Not voting (7): Kaif, Magnificence Incarnate, RADicate, Shinori, Sully McGully, Vi-astra, weinerboy

Phase ends in 25h30m. Hammer at 7.

Vote history:

Athena_57 (1): weinerboy

Bartozio (1): Mitsuru Kirijo

Mitsuru Kirijo (1): weinerboy

XnadrojX (1): Mitsuru Kirijo

Jester's Gestures (1): weinerboy

<Beta v2.0.4>

5 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I just think they weren't here, or didn't see it coming, at least not in a way that could be seen if that makes sense. Bart wasn't really inclined to get off Ichigo and my memory is a bit fuzzy on the means but his wagon was starting to form and the pressure was starting to dissipate. I don't really feel like it was a conscious bus, I've seen wagons on scum happen and then fall off and then a mate just stays on there cause it might look good later on. However, that didn't happen. Scum didn't respond to the situation cause there was no need. I can say one thing with confidence and it's not that Ichigo's wagon was planned, but I do think someone was at the least involved. If we factor this in then you have a ton of people who tried their best to distance themselves from the situation, but then you have also have RAD who offered to CFD onto me which is uh interesting to say the least.

Idk man, maybe you're right in that it went too fast / unanticipated for them. I think in that case maybe they were confident in the Marth wagon pulling through until that dissolved and Ichigo was suddenly on top. Peak Marth wagon was like you/Ichigo/rad/via iirc? I feel like if scumteam is banking on Marth staying ahead of Ichigo they probably have 2 people on there? Via still clear so that points to RAD/you again imo, bc I'm not really seeing a world where scumteam's plan is to lynch Marth over Ichigo but they have 1 busser + 1 person on the sidelines?

Other scenario would be no busser but just two people staying off entirely whilst they hope the Marth wagon wins which is ehhh

1 minute ago, RADicate said:

Imma agree to disagree on that point (because its gonna lead to a bit of a back and forth that goes nowhere your stance on that and athena's have both been repeated at least a couple times, if you wanna bring the convo back there lmk, but as i said before my favorite way to make reads is simply talking so lets move on). 

You said the POE is made a bit less broad by that EOD, what's you current POE then? (my POE is all but like 4/5 players rn, ig it depends on your definition of a broad POE? meh.)

Talked about it with Athena on this page I believe but in terms of priority something like Bart > Jester > You > Shinori = Sully. It's a precarious situation but even if I'm wrong about Bart I wouldn't clear Sully but it's also hard to push cause yeah you get the point. Jester responded to me saying something along the lines of 'well I can't really say anything if you're scumreading for something Refa has done' which is not true and his catchup did not impress me nor do I feel like he took that feedback he gave to the thread to heart.

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Idk man, maybe you're right in that it went too fast / unanticipated for them. I think in that case maybe they were confident in the Marth wagon pulling through until that dissolved and Ichigo was suddenly on top. Peak Marth wagon was like you/Ichigo/rad/via iirc? I feel like if scumteam is banking on Marth staying ahead of Ichigo they probably have 2 people on there? Via still clear so that points to RAD/you again imo, bc I'm not really seeing a world where scumteam's plan is to lynch Marth over Ichigo but they have 1 busser + 1 person on the sidelines?

Other scenario would be no busser but just two people staying off entirely whilst they hope the Marth wagon wins which is ehhh

The funniest scenario to me is what I talked about where the mods made an error and said I was still voting Marth when I unvoted him long ago, so in some way that Marth wagon could've had mislead scum thinking I was still voting him trying to insinuate behavior that wasn't even true in the first place (Cough Jester Cough)

Occam's razor to me suggests at least one person on that Ichigo wagon. No way scum just outright ignores the potential to get towncred as Ichigo wasn't exactly the most revered person on D1. When it comes to the other two? It's a bit more messy, but I talked about my PoE so let's go from there. Curious what Jester says knowing that his argument about me sitting on marth is not even true lol

Talked about it with Athena on this page I believe but in terms of priority something like Bart > Jester > You > Shinori = Sully. It's a precarious situation but even if I'm wrong about Bart I wouldn't clear Sully but it's also hard to push cause yeah you get the point. Jester responded to me saying something along the lines of 'well I can't really say anything if you're scumreading for something Refa has done' which is not true and his catchup did not impress me nor do I feel like he took that feedback he gave to the thread to heart.

mmmmmm now that you mention it i remember next to none of jester's posts (they didnt leave much of an impression) fucking mindmelding with scumreads wth. 

explain why amy slot isnt anywhere in POE?

Just now, RADicate said:

mmmmmm now that you mention it i remember next to none of jester's posts (they didnt leave much of an impression) fucking mindmelding with scumreads wth. 

explain why amy slot isnt anywhere in POE?

See: Stubborn fuck but It's not like I would throw myself in front of Amy slot especially in light of the fact she and her replacement are not even here. I had it in my head earlier on Refa/Amy had one but not both.

2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Occam's razor to me suggests at least one person on that Ichigo wagon. No way scum just outright ignores the potential to get towncred as Ichigo wasn't exactly the most revered person on D1. When it comes to the other two? It's a bit more messy, but I talked about my PoE so let's go from there. Curious what Jester says knowing that his argument about me sitting on marth is not even true lol

4 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

The funniest scenario to me is what I talked about where the mods made an error and said I was still voting Marth when I unvoted him long ago, so in some way that Marth wagon could've had mislead scum thinking I was still voting him trying to insinuate behavior that wasn't even true in the first place (Cough Jester Cough)

this is actually hilarious ngl  (i have an opinion on it but gonna wait till @Jester's Gesturesresponds)

8 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Chill. I just made the post I felt like making because I don't feel like sneaking around right now. You're giving me nostalgia, and not the good kind.

I meant that post more as a joke.  I'm not gonna actually lynch over just a shit post.

Trying to get caught up but I've got a bad fever so I'm woozy at the moment.

8 hours ago, SullyMcGully said:

Give me an example of "random filler".

How is my play different from other games?

This isn't my first scum game, I played a scum game on MU and IDK if you'd count Antiheroes but that exists. I tend to freeze up and avoid attention as scum. If my play is different, perhaps I'm getting better? My play in previous games has been far short of ideal, so I don't see why you expect me not to change anything about it.

Random filler being all of the stuff related to your claire fascination.

Also I didn't know you had a scum game off site so oof.  I'm more or less comparing this game with waifu which I thought you played fairly well in and I think your play style here is slightly different.

2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

See: Stubborn fuck but It's not like I would throw myself in front of Amy slot especially in light of the fact she and her replacement are not even here. I had it in my head earlier on Refa/Amy had one but not both.

alright you can have the point that you maintain being stubborn regardless of circumstances :dankpuff:

also oshit its shinori

3 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

sigh, maybe you're right, I'll look over jester's posts + EOD again when I'm less tired tomorrow, I should be around a decent amount then

I also kind of want to see where Claire takes things today / what the amy slot does before I consider more scenarios there

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Random filler being all of the stuff related to your claire fascination.

Also I didn't know you had a scum game off site so oof.  I'm more or less comparing this game with waifu which I thought you played fairly well in and I think your play style here is slightly different.

He linked his game to me at some point, he only made 7 posts before subbing out so that might be worth checking (I myself didn't get much out of it but I haven't seen much of town!sully either so :shrug:)

38 minutes ago, RADicate said:

also oshit its shinori

I posted some earlier in this day phase too.

34 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

He linked his game to me at some point, he only made 7 posts before subbing out so that might be worth checking (I myself didn't get much out of it but I haven't seen much of town!sully either so :shrug:)

I don't read other games.  I don't think they generally correlate massively to ongoing games as people can easily change up game styles.  I think meta has some good reasoning though for specific people, like Via.  The game I was talking about comparing sully to was waifu/husbando which i hosted and sully was in it, then subbed out, then subbed back in and they played decently well in my eyes and most of their posts didn't consist of excess filler/spam which is mainly why it's pinging me as weird but it's not my biggest thoughts behind slightly scumreading sully.

Moving on to other things:

I don't really agree with weiner/claire scumreads based on their interaction with dunn.  I basically ignored the wagon entirely and was wishy washy with the entire dunn situation but no one has questioned me on it but instead are choosing to push claire/weiner? That's weird to me.  I did say at one point in time that i scum read Dunn but I never voted them and was constantly unsure.  What makes claire/weiner worse than me WRT this stuff?

2 hours ago, weinerboy said:

I think I am on opposing ends with this game, in no way is anyone besides maybe Via clear on that wagon, it did not seem something that just happened in favor of town. Why again is Bart town? Gotta be honest I stil am not getting shit with Sully so uh Sully wanna talk to me one-on-one because I read your posts as tonedeaf.

You can talk to me if you want, IDK if you'll get a good toneread though.

Shinori where have you been for the past 6 months? Claire is a perfect goddess and I love everything about her, of course I'm going to scumread her poetically.

NGL I felt kinda weird about Shinori's slot before reading his latest posts because in the past he's pushed me hard for little mistakes and in the past when he's done this he's always been scum. But I feel like he deescalated a bit with his last few posts.

Basically, I'm fine with being your scumread as long as you're still able to be reasoned with. In P5 Shinori kinda tunneled me, so I see that as a scumtell from him.

Wow P5 was more than a year ago. I need to play more NOC.