Would Ced be added in an FE4 or FE5 banner?

Gregster101

Ced in FE4 banner or FE5 banner?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would be added in an FE4 banner or FE5 banner?

• FE4 banner
    • FE5 banner

Since Ced is one of the most popularly voted Jugdral characters in CYL, would he be added in an FE4 banner or an FE5 banner? It could go either way really, but part of me is maybe thinking he'd be added in an FE5 banner since he does have a bit more prominence in that game than he does in FE4. What about you guys, what do you think? For the heck of it, I'll do a poll as well :P

Personally I hope he'll be added in a fe4 banner. Ced is a cool character and a lot of fe4 gen 2 characters are kind of bland and unremarkable. They could use a Ced and a Shanan to liven up their otherwise kinda meh lineup.

Fe5 meanwhile just needs more characters in general. So if Ced gets on the fe4 banner that means the other spot would go to another fe5 characters.

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

Personally I hope he'll be added in a fe4 banner. Ced is a cool character and a lot of fe4 gen 2 characters are kind of bland and unremarkable. They could use a Ced and a Shanan to liven up their otherwise kinda meh lineup.

Fe5 meanwhile just needs more characters in general. So if Ced gets on the fe4 banner that means the other spot would go to another fe5 characters.

You take that back about Patty

But yeah I can see the merit in Ced being in an FE4 banner. It would give a spot to someone else in an FE5 banner like Asvel

His FE4 version got about twice as many votes as FE5, but that's probably in large part just because of FE4 being played more.

I think he'll go wherever they think he fits best. FE5 does have a bit of a dearth of well-recognized units, but a lot of the better-known ones are green (Osian, Asbel, Marty). FE4 has Lex still left, but he's Gen 1. A Gen 2 banner really wouldn't have any other greens for him to compete with: Iuchar and Iucharba are low even for Jugdral characters.

Ced is one of my favorite characters from the Jugdral Saga and one of my favorite characters from the 2nd Generation of FE4. Honestly, I would be happy if he were added at all. If we are talking about in-game prominence, I think he would be a part of the FE5 banner. In FE4, players hear little about Ced other than he is the canonical son of Lewyn and the prince to Silesse. FE5 goes into greater detail about the actions that he takes during the war. In the early chapters of FE5, the Magi Squad (led by Ced) saves Leif from his imprisonment and goes on to be a key force in the fight against the Loptyrian Cult in Manster. Later in game, players see interactions between Saias (another FE5 banner character) and Ced about how they can save as many children in Manster as possible. To top it all off, Ced gives Saias the Bragi Sword who in turn gives it to Leif. The actions and interactions Ced has in FE5 are simply fleshed out more than in FE4. I would like him to be a FE4 banner character (considering FE4 is my favorite game in the series), but deep down, I think he belongs in the FE5 banner. But again, I would just be happy if he were added at all.

3 minutes ago, FE_McFly said:

Ced is one of my favorite characters from the Jugdral Saga and one of my favorite characters from the 2nd Generation of FE4. Honestly, I would be happy if he were added at all. If we are talking about in-game prominence, I think he would be a part of the FE5 banner. In FE4, players hear little about Ced other than he is the canonical son of Lewyn and the prince to Silesse. FE5 goes into greater detail about the actions that he takes during the war. In the early chapters of FE5, the Magi Squad (led by Ced) saves Leif from his imprisonment and goes on to be a key force in the fight against the Loptyrian Cult in Manster. Later in game, players see interactions between Saias (another FE5 banner character) and Ced about how they can save as many children in Manster as possible. To top it all off, Ced gives Saias the Bragi Sword who in turn gives it to Leif. The actions and interactions Ced has in FE5 are simply fleshed out more than in FE4. I would like him to be a FE4 banner character (considering FE4 is my favorite game in the series), but deep down, I think he belongs in the FE5 banner. But again, I would just be happy if he were added at all.

That's basically me with Jill. Assuming she isn't part of the RD banner this month, she'd probably be in an PoR banner since she has more prominence in that game, but I don't really care what banner she's in. I'd be happy if she was added at all :P

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

FE5 banner, because IS has no idea what to do with FE5 banners.

So they'll just add an FE4 character and call it a day.

You assume that we'll ever get another Thracia 776 banner again, considering IS had so little confidence in the one we've gotten so far that they had to put two alts of characters we already got in it.

19 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You take that back about Patty

But yeah I can see the merit in Ced being in an FE4 banner. It would give a spot to someone else in an FE5 banner like Asvel

Who:P:?

Asvel would be the logical pick if they wanted another wind mage, but Othin is a likely pick as well. Its probably never going to happen, but I remember liking Brighton back during my brief time playing fe5. 

Edited by Sasori

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

You assume that we'll ever get another Thracia 776 banner again, considering IS had so little confidence in the one we've gotten so far that they had to put two alts of characters we already got in it.

You're right.

I should have said

"He'd be in an FE4 banner, but he'd also be added if there's an FE5 banner ever again."

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

~~Who?:P:~~

Asvel would be the logical pick if they wanted another wind mage, but Othin is a likely pick as well. Its probably never going to happen, but I remember liking Brighton back during my brief time playing fe5. 

The best FE4 character, fite me

Othin would be great too, and he damn well better have the Pugi as his weapon if he ever gets added. I didn't really use Brighton after Manster, but he'd be an interesting pick as well. Marty too for the memes :P

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

His FE4 version got about twice as many votes as FE5, but that's probably in large part just because of FE4 being played more.

I think he'll go wherever they think he fits best. FE5 does have a bit of a dearth of well-recognized units, but a lot of the better-known ones are green (Osian, Asbel, Marty). FE4 has Lex still left, but he's Gen 1. A Gen 2 banner really wouldn't have any other greens for him to compete with: Iuchar and Iucharba are low even for Jugdral characters.

Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but the only Gen 2 character I could see being a green unit (besides the Jobros) is Arthur, since he did learn magic in Silesia and comes with a Wind tome. He wouldn't have the Forseti mind you, cuz canonically it belongs to Ced, but I could see him having the strongest Wind tome from FE4 that isn't the Forseti like a Tornado tome.

I hate the name Ced, sounds dumb. It's basically how you call the letter "Z" in England. I preffer Sety but that's besides the point.

Sety would bei n FE4 because he is more relevant there than in FE5 or maybe he would appear in a mega banner of both.

He'd totally be in a FE5 banner, because he's way more recognizable than most of the cast.

(also don't double post, use the little plus sign next to the Quote button)

19 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Also, I should have mentioned this earlier, but the only Gen 2 character I could see being a green unit (besides the Jobros) is Arthur, since he did learn magic in Silesia and comes with a Wind tome. He wouldn't have the Forseti mind you, cuz canonically it belongs to Ced, but I could see him having the strongest Wind tome from FE4 that isn't the Forseti like a Tornado tome.

I forgot about Arthur. He actually scored pretty well on CYL2.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I forgot about Arthur. He actually scored pretty well on CYL2.

I hope Arthur gets added eventually. He’s one of my favorite Gen 2 kids besides his sister and Patty :P

Edited by Gregster101

FE4.  The developers will most likely put FE5-original characters for a FE5 banner. That is, IF we get a second dedicated FE5 banner with the inevitable Reinhardt alt before the developers pull the plug. 

I feel like he would be on an FE5 Banner. IS is clearly uncomfortable adding units from FE5, as besides the Thunder Twins everyone from that game either originates from or is strongly connected to FE4. Plus I think it's safe to say most people see Ced as using Forseti, which is only a possibility in FE4 but canon in FE5. Although they could just milk that and give us FE5 Ced with Forseti and FE4 Ced with Valkyrie later down the road.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

10 minutes ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

I feel like he would be on an FE5 Banner. IS is clearly uncomfortable adding units from FE5, as besides the Thunder Twins everyone from that game either originates from or is strongly connected to FE4. Plus I think it's safe to say most people see Ced as using Forseti, which is only a possibility in FE4 but canon in FE5. Although they could just milk that and give us FE5 Ced with Forseti and FE4 Ced with Valkyrie later down the road.

I would think they would just give us Corple with the Valkyrie staff, but whatever. That does have me curious on what they would do with unit reviving staves like the Aum staff and Valkyrie staff in Heroes tho. Would they revive a unit on the same battle or what? I ask this because outside of Tempest Trials (sort of), there is no permadeath in Heroes.

35 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

FE4.  The developers will most likely put FE5-original characters for a FE5 banner. That is, IF we get a second dedicated FE5 banner with the inevitable Reinhardt alt before the developers pull the plug. 

Bear in mind that three of the four new characters added in the previous FE5 banner originated in FE4.

They're all more prominent in FE5 than FE4, but the same is true for Ced. (Although Ced isn't nearly as intrinsically tied to FE5 as any of them.)

It could go either way. Ced could be on an FE4 banner due to him originating from that game, or he could be on an FE5 banner due to him having a more prominent role in that game. His skillset and stats are up for debate, although he would probably be some form of a powercrept Lewyn.

2 minutes ago, indigoceans said:

It could go either way. Ced could be on an FE4 banner due to him originating from that game, or he could be on an FE5 banner due to him having a more prominent role in that game. His skillset and stats are up for debate, although he would probably be some form of a powercrept Lewyn.

That’s kind of what we’re all expecting really, a powercrept Lewyn