MK404's Sprites and Sketches

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did a good job spiriting yet again! But I have to point out that there are quite a number of flaws to the figure of her body. D: I think, however, the main reason to this is her lack of a stomach. By that, I mean it's a tad short. Her legs should also be thinner from the way you portrayed her figure to be. (Her arms her rather slim, yet, her legs are rather thick.) If you want her to keep her legs, I suggest you widen her hips. Also, her arms lack length because they are not "bending" enough.

WELL, I hope it helps you, MK404. :P

• 2 weeks later...

roylover: I'll take that to heart. :o

To match my avatar, I've got this.

KyoExcF.gif

God help you if you don't know these two.

Kyosuke Nanbu and Excellen Browning, the endearing couple of the Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation series.

Kyosuke wasn't much trouble, but Excellen was another story...

(Avatar was foreshadowing? I don't know what you're talking about...)

That makes this what? Your third male full-body out of how many? XD

I'm not exactly sure how to put it, but the shading on Excellen's legs seem a bit strange to me, especially near her skirt. It seems a bit heavily shaded in a place or two, though that might just be me. I don't know why I'm pointing that out when I never go below the shoulders

Edited by The Blind Archer

God help you if you don't know these two.
:(

Yay for more male fullbodies.

I love looking at your Kyosuke--it must be the boots and pants.

That being said, looking at the two sprites side-by-side, it seems that you're drawing them from different perspectives. In other words, we seem to be looking up at Kyosuke but down at Excellen, judging by their boots and waistlines. I don't know if that's actually a problem though.

Kyosuke: The beginning of his pants seems to be curved too much upward, yet other parts of the sprite, such as the collar, are slanted slightly down. His right forearm seems to be curving out in a slightly unnatural way. It might look better if you pushed the middle section slightly upwards and reversed the perspective on the edge of his sleeve, so that we're seeing the other side of it. There's a line on the inner part of his right leg that goes straight down and looks out of place when compared to the rest of the sprite. Also, there seems to be too much shading around the edges of his belt.

His neck feels a little flat. I think you could add shading for the tendon (or whatever it actually is) that goes from the middle of his collar bones up the sides of his neck, and lighten or eliminate some of the shading down the middle of his chest.

Excellen: Her fingers seem a little short. On her left hand, the knuckles on the very right of the sprite (those of her ring and pinky fingers) could be raised above the knuckle of her middle finger. Alternatively, since her left hand is bent at an odd angle to her arm, you can have her bend her arm to match the angle of her hand. You might vary the length of her fingers as well.

Also, her shin should probably be a bit thinner towards the ankle. For her right leg, the knee would look better if the kneecap ended below where the joint is. The area of shading in the mid-bottom of her skirt looks out of place, as there isn't anything to suggest it being there.

Even though I've commented on them already (and because MK needs someone to post), I can't wait to see how those actually look, in-game when the trailer and screenshots come out. (My only problem is that Iris's new weapon outline colors might end up being too bright at times (not that you can really see them anyway at full speed), but we'll just have to wait and see.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

I hope the dark weapon outline works...

And now...

HalberdierS.png

First, a completed Halberdier sheet.

Second:

1LindaFull.gif

I fixed up the full body of Linda(or Linde, if that's how you roll) with critique offered on another forum. Notably, her hips, chest, her left leg, and left eye have been edited.

I hope the dark weapon outline works...

And now...

HalberdierS.png

First, a completed Halberdier sheet.

Second:

1LindaFull.gif

I fixed up the full body of Linda(or Linde, if that's how you roll) with critique offered on another forum. Notably, her hips, chest, her left leg, and left eye have been edited.

Is that for SE because I love that and I am a Halberdier

How do you make those sheets so quickly and still have time to do full bodies? o_O

Linda's face and hips look much better now. I don't know if you want to edit her again, but here goes:

The area that stands out to me the most is her upper torso. The design on the red part of her dress makes it look like she's semi-directly facing the viewer. I think that area may look a bit too symmetrical or something. Meanwhile, the left arm (our POV) is quite clearly behind her chest, which makes it look like she's more at a quarter-angle to the viewer. I think it might look better if you went with the quarter-angle view and aligned her upper torso with her arms rather than her chest, since that view matches better with the rest of the body. Hope this makes sense...

The book and the hand also seem to be at conflicting angles. The book should probably be facing with the edge of it pages a little more towards the viewer. It's also hard to hold a book with your hand in that position; usually our knuckles are a little more bent, while our thumb is a little more curved around the spine.

As for her other hand, it looks a little too smooth, curvy, or flat in some areas. In addition to having the arm curve inwards to define the wrist area, you might want to try adding a subtle bumb somewhere in the vincinity--where you add it depends on the perspective, I think. Defining the knuckles by shading less in the area or by editing the outline might be a good idea too.

This may sound a little strange, but I think your female face/full body sprites get more graceful each time. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

My friend, i salute you!

very good spriters are VERY hard to come by, and damn man! Im really jealous of the Sakura in your sig especially XD I tried to mug Sakura and the result was no where near as awesome: sakura.gif

Do you do the whole body shots all custom? if so, thats amazing!

BTW, if you have one already on hand or not, ive been dying for a good Soren mug :o

*hats off*