ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah he is, but he is basically random spare cavalier, that noone use. So I just didn't assumed IS would go for him for seasonal. 

That was before I checked and found Noah is apparently more popular of two. Didn't see that coming... 

Noah and Fir. They were cute together. It's the reason I used Noah and Fir on a playthrough of Binding Blade.

7 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah he is, but he is basically random spare cavalier, that noone use. So I just didn't assumed IS would go for him for seasonal. 

That was before I checked and found Noah is apparently more popular of two. Didn't see that coming... 

Noah has the advantage of actually being quite attractive and being related to some characters other that his boss (the Karla's Family) thanks to Fir and some of his backstory.

Treck is a bit more random, and seems to be just a butt monkey xD

Noah is also quite good in Binding Blade because he's a Cavalry with good weapon ranks and easier time to get promotion.

Edited by Troykv

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, most Armors are ugly has-been men, that has long been the usual for the franchise. Of the very few canon female armors, only Meg isn't in yet.

Isn’t Kjelle an armour unit?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Though so. But anyway, as I said before, I doubt this will have any Elibe characters since the first banner was all Elibe.

Oh yeah, if the axe guy is indeed Ike, I sure as hell hope he doesn't share his color. Green is already hell to snipe as is. >_<

Green is the best color to snipe, actually. Because it's the rarest color, focus units are the highest proportion of it. There's the greatest likelihood of sessions without any green, but that doesn't really actually matter. All that matters is being a session where the focus unit doesn't appear, which is just as unlikely.

Color sharing doesn't really change that, either. It messes up pity rates, but aside from them, I think they're the least significant in green because they're least likely to show up in a session with another dud of that color. (If they're your only green orb for the session, it's the same 5-orb cost as if there's no green orbs at all, the session only costs more than 5 if you have to pull multiple.)

Speaking of pity breakers, either way, you have a pretty low chance in green of getting an off-focus 5* to break your pity rate. (Colorless is even lower, but it doesn't have an increased focus rate to compensate and therefore has the lowest total 5* rate.)

Personally, I'm especially interested in sniping green right now to get a shot at getting Reyson.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Green is the best color to snipe, actually. Because it's the rarest color, focus units are the highest proportion of it. There's the greatest likelihood of sessions without any green, but that doesn't really actually matter. All that matters is being a session where the focus unit doesn't appear, which is just as unlikely.

How does getting sessions with no green not matter? You're still forced to pull a color you don't want in that case, and risking your pity rate being broken right there. Green is the worst imo because you get it the least.

7 hours ago, Ghostface233 said:

Reddit has come up with this:

8164bp09xpe21.png

I'd be down with this.

That person is an amazing artist, the detail is astounding.  I would be totally cool if this is it.  Lloyd and Seliph both desperately need new versions, Lloyd is lackluster power/role wise and his art is some of the worst in the game.  Seliph's art is decent but he is mediocre at best as a combatant.  Judgral also doesn't have a seasonal yet unlike any other universe.  

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Jugdral gets a seasonal though, I'd expect Sigurd, not his son. He's all about his love for Deirdre, and he's more popular.

Maybe is the other way in Japan?

Edited by Troykv

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How does getting sessions with no green not matter? You're still forced to pull a color you don't want in that case, and risking your pity rate being broken right there. Green is the worst imo because you get it the least.

It does risk breaking your pity rate, but otherwise, it doesn't cost more orbs than any other session where you don't pull the unit you want:

• If you're sniping green and you get a session with no green orbs, you pull another color. You end up paying 5 orbs for a session where you don't get the unit you want.
  • If you're sniping blue and you get a session with one blue orb that isn't the unit you want, you pull it. You end up paying 5 orbs for a session where you don't get the unit you want.
  • If you're sniping red and you get a session with two red orbs that both aren't the unit you want, you pull both of them. You end up paying 9 orbs for a session where you don't get the unit you want.

The odds that the summoning session will have the unit you want are exactly the same no matter what color they are. Ignoring pity rate, the average number of summoning sessions it'll take to get the focus unit you want is exactly the same no matter which color you're going for, and no matter how many other units share the color with them. (This number can be different for banners with different focus rates and different numbers of characters, but it's the same for all banners of a given type.) What really matters is how many dud orbs you pull along the way, which will be the lowest if you pull green.

To illustrate this: let's take it to the extreme and say there was a new color introduced, purple. There's one purple unit in the game, and they're a focus unit. If you see a purple orb, it has a 100% chance of being that unit. They'll appear just as often as any of the other focus units, but because there are no other purple units, purple orbs are really rare. They'd be the easiest character to snipe for, because all you'd have to do is do single-pull sessions until they show up, and then you know the exact right color to pull. You'd pull other colors in the meantime but that's fine.

According to my rough calculations (which admittedly do not take into account pity rate), on a standard 4-character banner where all units are different colors, the average number of orbs to snipe a focus unit of each color is:

• Red: 201
  • Blue: 189
  • Green: 165
  • Colorless: 188

(For purple, it'd be 135. It turns out that for a standard 4-character banner, that average number of sessions needed to get a focus unit is about 27.)

56 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Do you mean how Ike isn't some of royalty or nobility? Well, technically, Ike very well might be, in that Greil may very well have been a noble in Daein back then when he was Gawain, as commoners cannot become knights before Ashnard came into power. 

But even if one is of royalty, you can still find characters to be incredible and amazing. But generally, I feel there's a case where if you like characters like Marth, you won't like Ike as much, and vice versa. Marth is of royalty, but he is an incredible character, one of the best in the franchises, but sadly, the game he comes from is rather lackluster which made him not be as popular. 

But you also have characters like Chrom, who, despite being royalty, is very much down to earth, as he isn't one to take royal things and is very straightforward. A lot of the stuff he does are relatable and he struggles with things. Robin is also a great character when you look over many of his supports. 

Fates is generally a hit or miss with characters. Xander and Ryoma have great supports on more than one occasion, but they did very poorly in the story. Hell, Xander has been argued to act contradictory in the story as he does in the supports. 

Also, though Ike has 2 games, he really didn't develop much at all in RD. If anything, Ike shouldn't have even been given that much of a strong role in RD, as that shouldn't be his story, but they still gave it, as if they needed it to make it more popular. 

Ok, so Ike still fits in being a royal, but more one who is from fallen nobility. Puts him into a different light, still good to build him.

Yeah, Marth has it rough with the fanbase. But it was also just the beginning for fire emblem. And I think its ok that it has been a lackluster. They just had to learn and some games had a slow start at the beginning. Marth is likable though. Need to play Mystery of the Emblem one day.

And Chrom is still ok, also like that he is down to earth and also his friendship with Robin is nice. Pairing him with Robin even spices some things up. Maybe I have to take my time and reread some supports. Even Camilla in fates who has some bad supports also has some I like. Same applies to Xander and Ryouma, but I always think a bit that us choosing pairings total freely brings limitations to the writing. They always have to write the story in a way it does not contradicts with the pairings you choose. And it seems that sometimes they mess it up, like with Xander. Which is why I like pairings like Zeke and Tatiana, because that pairing could not have been written well if it wasn't already set in stone.

Ok, that is a shame. Still need to play RD, but still got a bit of an impression through people writing about it. Thought it should be more about Sothe and Micaiah, but Ike takes the spotlight. As one who does not know much of the game. I still have to find out where Sothe has his place in the game. Still wish that Insys would be more into "virtual console".

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I know, but its still the most forced relationship ever. 

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

The most forced relationship is Arvis and Dierdre.  

Yeah, this. I mean even I know Arvis literally forced Deirdre to be his wife... :P

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

It does risk breaking your pity rate, but otherwise, it doesn't cost more orbs than any other session where you don't pull the unit you want:

• If you're sniping green and you get a session with no green orbs, you pull another color. You end up paying 5 orbs for a session where you don't get the unit you want.
  • If you're sniping blue and you get a session with one blue orb that isn't the unit you want, you pull it. You end up paying 5 orbs for a session where you don't get the unit you want.
  • If you're sniping red and you get a session with two red orbs that both aren't the unit you want, you pull both of them. You end up paying 9 orbs for a session where you don't get the unit you want.

The odds that the summoning session will have the unit you want are exactly the same no matter what color they are. Ignoring pity rate, the average number of summoning sessions it'll take to get the focus unit you want is exactly the same no matter which color you're going for, and no matter how many other units share the color with them. (This number can be different for banners with different focus rates and different numbers of characters, but it's the same for all banners of a given type.) What really matters is how many dud orbs you pull along the way, which will be the lowest if you pull green.

To illustrate this: let's take it to the extreme and say there was a new color introduced, purple. There's one purple unit in the game, and they're a focus unit. If you see a purple orb, it has a 100% chance of being that unit. They'll appear just as often as any of the other focus units, but because there are no other purple units, purple orbs are really rare. They'd be the easiest character to snipe for, because all you'd have to do is do single-pull sessions until they show up, and then you know the exact right color to pull. You'd pull other colors in the meantime but that's fine.

According to my rough calculations (which admittedly do not take into account pity rate), on a standard 4-character banner where all units are different colors, the average number of orbs to snipe a focus unit of each color is:

• Red: 201
  • Blue: 189
  • Green: 165
  • Colorless: 188

(For purple, it'd be 135. It turns out that for a standard 4-character banner, that average number of sessions needed to get a focus unit is about 27.)

Yeah, I get all this, but I just hate having to waste orbs on other colors that could pitybreak me. I could end up with a character I didn't want at all or one I already had and don't care to merge or fodder. So personally for me, green is the worst color to go for.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Jugdral gets a seasonal though, I'd expect Sigurd, not his son. He's all about his love for Deirdre, and he's more popular.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of Sigurd/Dierdre myself, but I do think they'd fit the theme well.

My speculative Valentine's Day 2 banner guess was Sigurd/Dierdre/Alm/Celica, which doesn't seem like it's quite coming true, one way or another.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I know, but its still the most forced relationship ever. 

Although it isn't totally out of line with operas, which FE4 may to some extent be inspired by. For the sake of trying to like them, I will say Turnadot is awful, to the point the composer died not having finished the opera possibly because the relationship was so forced. A hormonal male and a woman with good reason to distrust men, how can that work well?

Of course, Turnadot might just be the exception, I stopped trying to watch operas after it. The only one beforehand I saw being Otello, and Desdemona is more or less the purehearted goddess Deidre is there. And Sigurd and Otello are slightly alike, since Sigurd dies in a fit of rage and Otello degenerates with fear of Desdemona's infidelity (not actually a thing- it's a plot by Iago, who we can compare to Manfroy- but he is dealt proper punishment before the tragic end).

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The most forced relationship is Arvis and Dierdre.  

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this. I mean even I know Arvis literally forced Deirdre to be his wife... :P

Eh, sort of, I guess? 

To be honest, Deirdre with no memory would naturally latch onto the first person she would meet. Arvis having a massive mother complex would easily fall for a woman that resembles his mother. At least it makes sense how they would end up hooking up. 

Sigurd had no reason on why he fell for Deirdre. I can accept how Deirdre fell for Sigurd since she was secluded and all that, but that really makes her someone that's in a psychological state that she would fall for anyone that saved her. Seriously, replace Sigurd with Arvis of that first meeting, and 100% Deirdre would fall in love with Arvis in an instant.

7 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Ok, so Ike still fits in being a royal, but more one who is from fallen nobility. Puts him into a different light, still good to build him.

Yeah, Marth has it rough with the fanbase. But it was also just the beginning for fire emblem. And I think its ok that it has been a lackluster. They just had to learn and some games had a slow start at the beginning. Marth is likable though. Need to play Mystery of the Emblem one day.

And Chrom is still ok, also like that he is down to earth and also his friendship with Robin is nice. Pairing him with Robin even spices some things up. Maybe I have to take my time and reread some supports. Even Camilla in fates who has some bad supports also has some I like. Same applies to Xander and Ryouma, but I always think a bit that us choosing pairings total freely brings limitations to the writing. They always have to write the story in a way it does not contradicts with the pairings you choose. And it seems that sometimes they mess it up, like with Xander. Which is why I like pairings like Zeke and Tatiana, because that pairing could not have been written well if it wasn't already set in stone.

Ok, that is a shame. Still need to play RD, but still got a bit of an impression through people writing about it. Thought it should be more about Sothe and Micaiah, but Ike takes the spotlight. As one who does not know much of the game. I still have to find out where Sothe has his place in the game. Still wish that Insys would be more into "virtual console".

Yeah. One personal gripe I have on Ike is the excessive ignorance on his part. For someone that was training and wanting to become a mercenary, Ike lacks way too much information that oughta be known by others. I get it that he's supposed to be like the player, and thus needed for worldbuilding, but for someone like him, who trains to be a mercenary, he oughta be in the know of certain things. At least better educated. The ignorance is just way too much.

Marth is very likable. One of, if not the best. Also, I honestly feel it shouldn't be lackluster games anymore. Much more improvements oughta have been made. Like, I feel the transition from the Tellius series to the remake of the Archanea series was a massive step back for IS. New Mystery sort of drops the ball because of the existence of an Avatar for a remake.

Since I pair Robin with Lucina, I have Chrom with Sumia. The pairings that we have to choose does end up forcing people to write to make pairings work, but sometimes, it just doesn't work. So I do agree that some pairings work better when they already exist, and not be forced to happen. As I said, I have issues with Sigurd and Deirdre because of how forced that pairing was made to happen.

Just to put my two cents in about Noah...

Noah is one of the best written characters in Binding Blade and a personal favorite of mine because of it. He absolutely deserves to be in Heroes above 80% of the rest of that cast, he's so criminally underrated as a character. And he's definitely my ship for Fir.

Anyway, carry on!

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Noah is one of the best written characters in Binding Blade and a personal favorite of mine because of it. He absolutely deserves to be in Heroes above 80% of the rest of that cast, he's so criminally underrated as a character. And he's definitely my ship for Fir.

Ah, someone else that sees how great Noah is, and ships him and Fir. Kudos!

Even if Sigurd and Deirdre is one of those "love at first sight" pairings which I am normally not fond of myself, I gotta admit they look cute together. And from what I know of Sigurd, I think he's cool and he sounds like a well written lord, maybe almost as good as Ike. I can't really form a solid opinion until I play his game tho.

32 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

That person is an amazing artist, the detail is astounding.  I would be totally cool if this is it.  Lloyd and Seliph both desperately need new versions, Lloyd is lackluster power/role wise and his art is some of the worst in the game.  Seliph's art is decent but he is mediocre at best as a combatant.  Judgral also doesn't have a seasonal yet unlike any other universe.  

Its a very nice piece of work though Seliph looks pretty identical to his base Heroes artwork. Personally I'd argue against Seliph art being decent. It depict him as just a Marth expy while ignoring his more unique physical traits like his bizarre hair and extremely kiddy face. To me the end result of that is just a discount Marth rather than Seliph. 

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually that's Manfroy. I don't think Arvis was even aware of her being brainwashed when they first met and when he found out he was already too much in love to care. 

26 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Maybe is the other way in Japan?

I think that's the case and it would make sense. Seliph is more conventionally pretty while Sigurd is more of a man. Generally the former does better in Japan and the later in the west. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor