Changes to Skill Inheritance coming in March

Johann

From the February Update Notes:

• Future Changes:

In an Update in March, the number of skills an ally can transfer to another ally via Inherit Skill is slated to increase from three to four.

Keep this in mind if you have SI plans involving rare units.

Edited by Johann

Yay! That sounds great. Barst can give Reposition and Spur Atk 3 without needing another unit.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Cool, Healers can SI one of those Super Balm specials in addition to the full Wrathful/Dazzling Staff line. Assuming a base version of that special exists. I know Veronica's doesn't.

One of the first things I thought of was that you could use Genny to give a healer Wrathful 3 and either Gravity+ or Physic+. On top of that, units like Nailah and Legendary Hector can give DC and their precious B skills. Original Ike can also give Heavy Blade 3 + Aether without needing Jamke.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

One of the first things I thought of was that you could use Genny to give a healer Wrathful 3 and either Gravity+ or Physic+. On top of that, units like Nailah and Legendary Hector can give DC and their precious B skills. Original Ike can also give Heavy Blade 3 + Aether without needing Jamke.

Good Combo ideas!

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Once they increase it to 5 skills in another year or two I'll finally be able to fodder my spare Bridelyn for Dazzling Staff 3 and Candlelight+.

If you have rocks to spare, you can use the Weapon Refinery to evolve Candlelight into Candlelight+ instead of using Skill Inheritance.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have rocks to spare, you can use the Weapon Refinery to evolve Candlelight into Candlelight+ instead of using Skill Inheritance.

Neat, never knew that was a thing. Now that I think of it, I do recall some mention of it being a special case back when the refinery was new - this saves a lot of thinking, cheers.

Shame it's not generally applicable to any other seasonal weapon, but just as well I don't have any that I'm in a huge rush to fodder, especially given the +1 merge change today.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Neat, never knew that was a thing. Now that I think of it, I do recall some mention of it being a special case back when the refinery was new - this saves a lot of thinking, cheers.

Shame it's not generally applicable to any other seasonal weapon, but just as well I don't have any that I'm in a huge rush to fodder, especially given the +1 merge change today.

Yeah, it was a special case because anyone who had already inherited Candlelight to another unit would have permanently lost a copy of Candlelight+ because the skill was retroactively added to Lyn's kit.

Welp good to know after I just did a bunch of SI this week on my newest units ugghh. Still, good news for the future though, but not using SI at all for a month now is going to be a pain ^^;

Very useful, and well-timed considering the upcoming banner. Ike will be able to use this to pass on both DC and Special Fighter 1/2/3, and Greil can use it to pass on both Fury 4 and Armor March 1/2/3 to a unit who already has Fury 3, so anyone wanting to fodder them has advance notice to hold off.

Edited by Othin