When do you think we’ll see Three Houses heroes?

Alastor15243

Banner release date  

33 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think they’ll release the first three houses banner?

• Before the game comes out
    • When the game comes out
    • A month or more after the game comes out

If I'm not mistaken, Shadows of Valentia characters made their Heroes debuts maybe a month or so before that game's launch.  So I think it's likely that IS would try it again with Three Houses to build more hype and awareness before its release.

10 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If I'm not mistaken, Shadows of Valentia characters made their Heroes debuts maybe a month or so before that game's launch.  So I think it's likely that IS would try it again with Three Houses to build more hype and awareness before its release.

I believe it was timed to coincide with the Japanese release of SoV. Then the second (Celica) one coincided with the Western release.

EDIT: Looking at the specific dates, the banners were 5-6 days before the game releases.

Edited by Humanoid

Not till after the release. They are already not giving lots of info about the game id be surprised if they gave us the main characters beforehand, could be used as a marketing tool so it wouldnt be unusual to see it before release. 

I would be kind of worried about spoilers in case they release Three Houses Heroes early. Hell, I'd probably hesitate to pull just because I'd be afraid to find out too mich of their personalities. 

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I would be kind of worried about spoilers in case they release Three Houses Heroes early. Hell, I'd probably hesitate to pull just because I'd be afraid to find out too mich of their personalities. 

I seriously doubt they'd reveal anything with the first banner. Realistically it would probably be the main 4 characters, unprompted and I'm sure by the time they get around to a 3 Houses banner, we'll have seen snippets of their personality through the trailers already, and so they'd probably just use generic quotes or things from the first like 2 minutes of the game.

"I always wanted to be the kind of Noble my family would be proud of."

"In my world I was part of a training group with other noble houses. Since being here in this world I've grown close to you. I hope I can bring the strength I've learned here back to my own world."

Like stuff like that. No actual spoilers.

SoV release date in Japan- April 20th, 2017 (May 19th for the rest of the world). Alm's release date in FEH (that of the first SoV banner)- April 14th, 2017.

To borrow use SoV as an example of what to expect from 3H in FEH, as I wrote in another topic:

At the start of FEH, the only SoV characters in were the Whitewings- shared with Archanea. Then 4 came in April, then another 4 in May, followed by 7 (and Berkut) in July, and then Clive in August. In total, April-August without anyone in June brought us 16 of the 20 (not-Berkut or Celicalt) characters. After August 2017, only Kliff has come.

I pick SoV because it was released after FEH was released, the only game to be so prior to 3H. If 3H has the same planned gusto as SoV, we could get four full teams' worth very quickly.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm struggling with whether "within the same month" qualifies as "releasing at the same time". Since I think July is very likely, but New Heroes Banners are typically the first half of the month whenever there's a seasonal in the same month. They wouldn't want to wait until august when all of us have already beat the damned game and are writing hot takes about the game's quality. From a business standpoint, always justify a banner release before the game, not after. Every day you wait the more tainted the prospect of a Three Houses Banner becomes. People are married to the idea of a new Fire Emblem more than the actual game. 

i feel like they could make a TH banner before the game releases and another one coinciding with the game's release date, in order to tease us and introduce every kind of FEH's players to this brand new fire emblem title