What is your favorite genre of music?

Phoenix Wright

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the entertainment section where it belongs...

Hm, I knew I needed to post this there...oh well.

I went through nearly 2 and a half pages and only 2 were about music...and neither were about stating a favorite genre.

@Matt: As long as you like Johnny Cash, Country it's OK with me. :D

Johnny Cash is Country right? XD

Edited by Ocelot the Viper

I hate most modern music, especially rap (ugh) and heavy metal (twice the ugh). I like anything that sounds good, so it ranges from techno to classical to video game music. I'm not a genre person, but there are certain things that I hate. If I don't hate it, I like it.

Hm, I knew I needed to post this there...oh well.

I went through nearly 2 and a half pages and only 2 were about music...and neither were about stating a favorite genre.

@Matt: As long as you like Johnny Cash, Country it's OK with me. :D

Johnny Cash is Country right? XD

Yeah, he was country. He was also the best singer who ever drew breath.

Yeah, he was country. He was also the best singer who ever drew breath.

This.

Also I'm into Rock (Mostly pre-2000 with a few exceptions), Rap (Old School Rap, none of this new bullshit), Video Game Music, Techno, Cash Country ;), and whatver the hell Flight of the Conchords is.

Hmm. I listen to alot of stuff, ranging from dance, drum 'n' bass, rock, metal, alternative, classic, game, industrial, darkwave... There's just so many. I like a bit of each genre. I can't say I'm totally in love with any specific genre, despite listening to Pendulum's (Australian Drum 'n' Bass band) albums like crazy over the past few weeks.

THERE BE NO CLASSICAL! D:<
Hmm. I listen to alot of stuff, ranging from dance, drum 'n' bass, rock, metal, alternative, classic, game, industrial, darkwave... There's just so many. I like a bit of each genre. I can't say I'm totally in love with any specific genre, despite listening to Pendulum's (Australian Drum 'n' Bass band) albums like crazy over the past few weeks.

I said it, right there.

I like basically just about any type of rock. rock, alternative, pop/rock, metal, perhaps a bit acoustical music, some classic rock (I think it would be called that) and listen to a lot of christian rock... Though that could be a rock christian ba,d an alternative christian band, etc, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a type... =/

I know it doesn't ask for this part, but... music I despise would be rap/hip hop and sorta country! I will listen to a bit of country, but mostly not.

I'm mostly into J-Pop specifically Namie Amuro(安室 奈美恵) ♥. And I also like J-Rock as well.

Holy crap, that's where your username is from. I must say, I find that some J-Pop has the same effect on my ears as someone pissing boiling hydrochloric acid into them.

Rap is not music, silly.

Yes it is. There's exploitation crap going around and dominating the media and sales charts simply because it is exploitation crap, but it's no worse than the exploitative stuff going under the name of rock, techno, or whatever else you like.

Hip hop from the late eighties and early nineties, just before the suburban white teenagers decided it was cool enough to spend their parents' money on, is some of the best music generally, if you ask me.