Allegiance Battle Discussion Thread

Rezzy

Forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious, but what does the bar the says some number/25 supposed to mean?  It's currently 393/25 for me, was 267/25 yesterday.

It says Target: Ike: Vanguard Legend above and Quest Bonus +25 below.

I'm guessing this has something to do with killing Ike or just score in general, but I'm not sure how these points actually translate.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rezzy If you click on your high score for the week, you'll see that "Quest Bonus" is 25. Just means you got the maximum of 25 points for you and/or your friends killing Ike a sufficient number of times. The rest is just gratuitous Ikeslaying for funsies.

As for me, I went back and did some more battles since I'm more familiar with the scoring now. Didn't field my Roy first time around so I figured it'd be easy enough to improve on my 860. Took a fair few attempts - a half-dozen perhaps - but I needed to complete the quests for the tickets anyway. Managed to score 911 despite the relatively low base value of my team at 720. The Battle Score was 860, which meant 140 bonus points (out of a max of 150), in the future I don't expect to be able to reach that high again, certainly I won't have anywhere near as many attempts at it unless they make more ticket quests to incentivise it.

Roy +0 paired with FGrima +2
Nowi +10
Lilina +10
Nino +10 paired with a variety of blue tanks on my friends list

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@Rezzy If you click on your high score for the week, you'll see that "Quest Bonus" is 25. Just means you got the maximum of 25 points for you and/or your friends killing Ike a sufficient number of times. The rest is just gratuitous Ikeslaying for funsies.

As for me, I went back and did some more battles since I'm more familiar with the scoring now. Didn't field my Roy first time around so I figured it'd be easy enough to improve on my 860. Took a fair few attempts - a half-dozen perhaps - but I needed to complete the quests for the tickets anyway. Managed to score 911 despite the relatively low base value of my team at 720. The Battle Score was 860, which meant 140 bonus points (out of a max of 150), in the future I don't expect to be able to reach that high again, certainly I won't have anywhere near as many attempts at it unless they make more ticket quests to incentivise it.

Roy +0 paired with FGrima +2
Nowi +10
Lilina +10
Nino +10 paired with a variety of blue tanks on my friends list

Thanks, I wasn't using Roy or Alm at all, so I might try using them.

Would it be better to use +0 Roy/Alm or a +10 for scoring purposes?

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I wasn't using Roy or Alm at all, so I might try using them.

Would it be better to use +0 Roy/Alm or a +10 for scoring purposes?

Use the Roy or Alm. Using a +0 instead of a +10 loses you about 10 points of base score (exactly 10 if the unit was the same other than the merges). Fielding the Legendary can grant significantly more than that, because with the legendary, you can now have two sets of paired units on the map, and that means you can have coverage of all four colours for bonus point purposes. Since each kill with a paired up unit instead of with a regular unit gives 5 bonus points, if your Roy/Alm or their partners even manage just two kills over the course of the map, you've already broken even.

Edited by Humanoid

Yeah I tried again today with bringing my Roy (and giving him some SP boosting skills), was able to get a super clean +150 from bonus kills and brought my score to a whopping 937. Definitely worth putting him in over even a +10 super decked out unit.

Also I only now realized I could set the unit I send out to everybody and that it doesn't have to be my greeting unit. Really hope they change it in the future to you can lock sent unit by event, that'd be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Use the Roy or Alm. Using a +0 instead of a +10 nets you about 10 more points of base score. Fielding the Legendary can grant significantly more than that, because with the legendary, you can now have two sets of paired units on the map, and that means you can have coverage of all four colours for bonus point purposes. Since each kill with a paired up unit instead of with a regular unit gives 5 bonus points, if your Roy/Alm or their partners even manage just two kills over the course of the map, you've already broken even.

Okay, I'll have to give that a try if I have time tomorrow.

So if I have Roy+Alm+4th unit paired, I could have 3 pairs of units?

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, I'll have to give that a try if I have time tomorrow.

So if I have Roy+Alm+4th unit paired, I could have 3 pairs of units?

I don't have Alm so I can't test it out, but I can't see why not. However, at this point it will likely result in a score loss, because by using just one of them you can theoretically already get the maximum bonus points. Fielding the other one, unless they're highly merged, might make the battles easier, but it will reduce your base score (again by about 10) while the maximum bonus remains at 150 either way.

Edited by Humanoid

Tried Allegiance Battles again today. Just realized there is a bonus for knocking out colorless with colorless units. Managed to get my battle score up to 853 and with Quest and Friend bonus my overall score is 904 now. Probably as high as I am going to get it without Roy or Alm.

Went back and used Roy and Alm for a score of 915.  I might have missed a bonus or two, but that should be good enough for now.

10 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The difference LRoy and LAlm make is actually insane. I don't care to pull for either and I basically can't climb up to 900.

It is possible without LRoy/LAlm, it requires 4 solidly high bst units (a little below or above +10 f2p armor level) and getting all the WTA pair-up bonus kills possible with your 4th unit+friend unit, while grabbing the other 2 wta bonus points on your non-paired units. I had 912 with it, and I know a friend who got ~925, also without a pair up legend of their own.

The friend unit cooldown mechanic is bullshit. What is this, the Setsubun event?

If I want to keep playing, I have to constantly be changing my team composition to accommodate having to change the friend unit.

I'm glad the ranking rewards are just dragonflowers and not something more essential (even if limited resources by their mere existence are bullshit) or that triggers the completionist in me.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Azuni said:

It is possible without LRoy/LAlm, it requires 4 solidly high bst units (a little below or above +10 f2p armor level) and getting all the WTA pair-up bonus kills possible with your 4th unit+friend unit, while grabbing the other 2 wta bonus points on your non-paired units. I had 912 with it, and I know a friend who got ~925, also without a pair up legend of their own.

I got to 902 with some luck, but it's insane compared to how easy it is with one of those legends. My base score is only 742 because I don't use armors.

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this mode (but that doesn't excuse them of the annoying mechanics).

I gave in and leveled up my neutral Alm so that I could run three paired up units. It tanks my base score, but the extra flexibility and kill bonus points made up for it.

• +6 Legendary Roy [+Spd] (Dragonbind, Reposition, Aether, Bonus Doubler 3, Renewal 3, Human Virtue, Brazen Atk/Def 3)
    • +9 Ophelia [+Atk] (Missiletainn, Draw Back, Blazing Wind, Life and Death 3, Special Spiral 3, Hardy Bearing 3)
  • +0 Legendary Alm [=] (Luna Arc, Reposition, Lunar Flash, Darting Blow 4, Null Follow-Up 3, Odd Atk Wave 3, Flashing Blade 3)
    • +9 Yune [+Res] (Chaos Manifest, Reposition, Moonbow, Fortress Def/Res 3, Guard 3, Chaos Named, Res Ploy 3)
  • +10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying 3, Aerobatics 3, Atk Tactic 3, Earth Dance 3)
  • +10 Surtr [+Atk] (Sinmara, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, Surtr's Menace, Close Def 3)
    • Friend unit

Final score is 935 (734 base, 150 kill bonus, 2 synergy bonus, 24 friend bonus, 25 mission bonus), which is currently rank 589.

EDIT: Here are some tips from my few runs of experience:

• Start-of-turn effects only activate if the unit is in front, and buffs only apply to the unit in front at the time the buff is activated. Keep this in mind when planning if you're using field buffs, Ploys, etc.
    • Note that this also affects the first turn. Make sure to switch the correct unit in front, then pick the option to edit your starting positions to reset your starting buffs.
  • If you're running Legendary Azura, give her Earth Dance or Water Dance. That way, she'll always grant +5 to all stats even if the unit was in the back at the beginning of the turn.
  • If you're running an armor in the last slot, it's really nice to pick a flier or cavalry as your pair up partner so that you can run your armor around the map to plop it down wherever it needs to be.
  • Reminder that you can't switch if the unit in back can't stand on the terrain. Keep this in mind when using cavalry.
Edited by Ice Dragon

Guess I'll throw my weekly results up for this as well.

Base score: 754, Bonus score: 130, Friend and Quest bonus: 24 and 25, Synergy: 2

Final score: 935 - Rank 602 at the moment

Team:

+10 Sothe (+spd) - Peshkatz, Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, C Duel Infantry, Watersweep, Odd Spd Wave, Poison Strike.

+10 Fae (+spd) - Lightning Breath (spd), Rally Atk/Spd+, Aether, G Duel Infantry, Poison Strike, Joint Hone Spd, Spur Def/Res.

+10 Cherche (+atk) - Cherche's Axe (panic), Rally Up Atk+, Galeforce, G Duel Flying, Wings of Mercy, Def Tactic, Res Tactic.

+9 Legendary Azura (+spd) - Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Aether, B Duel Flying, Chill Def, Hone Spd 4, Guidance.

Decided to pass on using L!Alm for now since he wasn't necessary for me for top 1k. Waiting to train him up during the 5x exp/sp. Kind of bummed out about pretty much needing a L!Alm or L!Roy to really do super well in this mode, but I guess it's no different from being forced to use mythics in AR. Just wish old legendaries worked, but it's a new way to get people to buy orbs I suppose. Guess I'll have to save up tons of orbs for the July banner now, but at least it gave me an earth legendary to focus on.

Edited by Maaka

31 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Final score: 935 - Rank 602 at the moment

This is insane, I have a score of 932 and Rank 936. xD So little difference in score but ranks.. I guess I am at the cutoff and that 931 would not be enough. Next week could be more difficult, because some players still may get to have a hang on this mode.

Edited by Stroud

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't really understand what having Roy does for me. It didn't prompt me to choose a pair up unit for him.

You need to set his pair up partner in the Allies menu under Allies > Interact with Allies > Pair Up.

6 minutes ago, Stroud said:

This is insane, I have a score of 932 and Rank 936. xD So little difference in score but ranks.. I guess I am at the cutoff and that 931 would not be enough. Next week could be more difficult, because some players still may get to have a hang on this mode.

It's terrifying how close the ranks are in score... Really hoping that 935 holds top 1k now, but people probably got their absolute max scores already, so I should be safe. Guess I really will need to use L!Alm next week.

1 minute ago, Maaka said:

It's terrifying how close the ranks are in score... Really hoping that 935 holds top 1k now, but people probably got their absolute max scores already, so I should be safe. Guess I really will need to use L!Alm next week.

I just checked in the last hours and nothing much changed, so you are more than save. And I also guess most players used up their "friends". But yeah, starting next week you should try to use L!Alm I think. I actually find him fun to use, because you can just mix in your other unit you use anyway. I find it a bit of a bummer that pair up is so limited, but I get the reasons. 

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You need to set his pair up partner in the Allies menu under Allies > Interact with Allies > Pair Up.

okay, now I've got it. Also there's nothing stopping me from deploying BOTH of my Legendary Roys with pair up partners, so I ought to level up my spare. 

Interesting mode. All this time I thought it was another PvP mode.

55 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Really getting tempted to +10ing a Raven I had planned so I don't have to rely solely on my Fren List for the green bonus point kills

Lemme know next time, I can field my +10 DC Hawkeye if ya need

...Why have I not gotten my rewards for this yet? I got the ones for Arena Assault. But not for this or regular arena. And I know I did both because I remember checking earlier.

I managed to pick up an Alm from the Legendary banner. Running him with 3 members of my Earth core got me a base of 740, and picking up all the bonus KO points left me with a final score of 945 (Rank 152).

It was kinda rough, since there wasn’t much flexibility with the bonus KOs (I had to rotate my 4th unit a few times so I could have full color coverage with paired up units), but oh well.

I’ll only be able to do that on Earth weeks until they add another Water or Wind Legendary, since Fire was the element I ignored when building my scoring teams.

Edited by LordFrigid