If you had to live in a NON-NINTENDO video game universe, what would it be?

Sub Zero

Title is self-explainatory.

I would love to be in the Mass Effect universe, so I can work with Commander Shepard and the Normandy. 

Rules:

It can't be on a nintendo console

That's it

Edited by ~ Yuri ~

Not even if it's on a console/handheld? Bummer, that takes away a few options. Was going to say Rune Factory otherwise. Anyway, I'd say... actually, one RF has a non Nintendo console release. I suppose that counts for having the video game universe exist within the scope of the answer so... I go with that.

Rune Factory it is.

39 minutes ago, ~ Yuri ~ said:

It doesn't take a genius to think why... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

One of the few video games without heavy risk of death or injury. Dates have no fail condition. And Nikki exists. 

My joke answer is as much a paradise as any, lol.

Edited by Etheus

I’ll have to echo Ace Attorney. It’s pretty much the only non-nintendo universe I can think of that seems pleasant to live in.

Everything else seems to have a high risk of dying, too dull, or just simply not a place I’d like to have my existence confined in for too long.

Grandia, specifically Grandia 1 - People usually cite Skies of Arcadia as having a perfect "swashbuckling" atmoshphere that stays mostly free of melodrama. but I think that Grandia just does it better. I guess living in it is a case of willingly wanting to be changed myself a little to fit in that great world, and maybe if dropped in as is I wouldn't be sappy enough to enjoy it.

Honorable mention to Steve Grand's  Creatures (1996) for similar reasons.

Does Star Wars count? My favorite game is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, so...

Otherwise, I like my futuristic, non-deadly racing games. Drome Racers would be sweet. Rocket League as well, but that hardly counts as racing.

Most of my other preferred games would be terrible places to live in.

Persona!Japan - at least for there, people actually stood up and started questioning society much quicker than how some of the less pleasant aspects of traditional Japan lingers on in real life.