Is Thracia any good?

Oguma

Use a translation patch then >.>

People say it's the hardest in the series. I'd say Souen's (FE9) Maniac Mode takes that. Not included the death that New Ankoku's (FEDS) Hard Mode 5 brings. This is more an annoying game, where if you're not prepared, always in a hurry, or lucky, you're likely to have a losing streak on your ass :[

Use a translation patch then >.>

People say it's the hardest in the series. I'd say Souen's (FE9) Maniac Mode takes that. Not included the death that New Ankoku's (FEDS) Hard Mode 5 brings. This is more an annoying game, where if you're not prepared, always in a hurry, or lucky, you're likely to have a losing streak on your ass :[

Thats sounds hard...

I've played Thracia on elite mode, and I didn't run into anything too difficult. But maybe that's just me. =/

Anyway, I think Thracia is one of the best games in the series. The overall story is enjoyable, although the character development for most of the background characters is a bit lacking compared to some of the later titles. What really drew me in was the gameplay.

Hard mode isn't really that hard in this game - most hard modes aren't actually incredibly hard. What IS hard though is trying to SSS rank the game. I've heard there are some chapters you can finish in 2-3 turns with Warp staff and rescue chains just to boost your speed rank...

The game can be incredibly cheap. I mean that seriously. It's a very good game, but it helps a heck of a lot to know what's coming next.

In spoiler tags, just in case:

Berserk Staff users you can't see (or have more magic than is possible for you to get, meaning they can berserk anyone all the time), random teleporting tiles in two chapters, annoying, random (sometimes even unlimited) reinforcements, getting chased by a level 20 guy for the hell of it, smart ass tactics by the enemy (I'm looking at you, Kempf), +10 throne defence and getting crushed by green units you though wouldn't attack you.

Word of advice - If you think you need to run, do it. Saving your own ass is a high priority in this game.

Fatigue always seemed like a non-factor to me. I never found myself come up short because of fatigue. Then again, I knew about it well in advance, so maybe I was just prepared ahead of time. =/

I wasted tons of my gold on Stamina Drinks--surprised I could afford so many, but I generally was able to take out key characters when I need them per chapter :/

I still have a video Vince pointed out years ago. FEChina's SSS Rank run--tons of Warp Staff and RNG abuse ^^;;

This games difficulty isn't as bad as most people say, in reality it is just unfair; from the assholish RNG, to the turns to complete the game for a decent rank. I personally love the game and find a lot of the features very entertaining and somewhat realistic. A unit can't fight forever without needing a break, you don't need to kill an enemy, capturing is a common thing in reality.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Best Fire Emblem game ever.

• Capturing
  • A fatigue system which means you won't be able to use the same set of units all the time
  • A big choice of classes and weapons
  • Lots of personal weapons
  • Great difficulty which also makes the game satisfying in the long run
  • Best graphics in a 2D Fire Emblem with very warm colors
  • Nice music

-Fatigue system

-Capturing characters

-Leaf being crap...

Can't really stand these features...

Use more characters.

Keep your characters with weapons.

Leaf has the Light Sword.

Thracia is probably the best in the series, and my personal favourite. The gameplay and story are excellent, I adore the characters (Especially Hicks and Trewd <3), and it's actually challenging.

• Capturing
  • A fatigue system which means you won't be able to use the same set of units all the time
  • Nice music

Great minds do think alike. This game actually makes me do a ton of thinking (which I failed to do in a video playthrough I attempted). It's my favorite FE game, with Radiant Dawn being in second.

Plus, you got to love Lara, she's so damn cute

• Capturing
  • Nice music

This. This. THIS.

And it features Leaf and Linoan. My point rests there.

Thracia is to an FE player like an asshole guy is to the attractive girl he wants: it looks like it fucking hates you, but you just can't stop playing along.

The capturing and fatigue features are just amazing, I wish they were in other games. Some mechanics really need more thinking through (like the rather bland promotion system, the broken scrolls, and the merciless status staves).