New Game Mode Announced: Rokkr Sieges (From June 17)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Dragon Girls with Aether are you friends in this. Already have all the standard rewards and only keep playing for score now.

yeah i realised when beating eirika. 
clair could be an issue with Rhomphaia. so i might just wait and use the armour girls, + Bride lyn/lazura or something. 

i miss GC though.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is fun! Though I have one complaint myself. Just 1-4 sacred coins and refining stones as rewards? That is useless! Especially since we've got modes and quests where we can get more than that in just one sitting!

At least there's orbs too though.

x that by 3 and it's the same amount as GC. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I doubt it. They are probably just as evil as Loki but not as wacky. Loki being evil didn't seem to be Thor's issue, her issue was that Loki is goofing off.

Hmm. I didn't interpret it that way. I thought she was genuinely upset by Loki's actions. 😕

I love this so much more than GC (which I honestly hate because you can't even choose your team). It's so easyyy. I just put all my 59+ atk units + aether (or a healer), and done.

I tried to do an all archer run against Claire but she decimated me. I did way more damage with L!Ephraim/B!Ike/Lucina/L!Alm. Also playing with the first three + Eir, for the passive healing and so she can take out the reinforcements (specifically the magical ones), which worked pretty well, but I think he L!Alm combo was better. I guess I could just switch out Robin to Eir actually now that I think about it. But Robin was good to switch too to tank all the physical threats on enemy phase.

Already past 50k damage, totally didn't even toggle the stupid axes for the bonus, oops.

Yeah, it wasn't hard at all to get all the rewards, I like a mode/event that's fun and not hair-pulling frustrating for a change!

Edited by Anacybele

There's two ways to clear this easily, with a super tank with any form of Guard+Obstruct to stop the boss from moving or with a nuke with effective dmg. I started with Micaiah and she dealt up to 10k dmg when using only 1 axe but my party got decimated because I had no healer. Then I went with the armored smol dragons  and they really do a number here, Aether means they'll deal a good amount of dmg and they'll always be healthy because Aether heals for absurd amounts. 

I have like 6 axes left and I'm already at 226k score, I'm sure I can reach up to 350k as long as I focus on L!Eirika because she's extremely easy to destroy in one round. 

@daisy jane The idea is to use all 8 axes in one go, bring 1 super tank w/Aether+Special Fighter/Guard or a unit with effective damage with Astra and TA and give them the Obstruct seal so the boss can't go targetting your other units. For the other 3 if you use the super tank strategy just bring 2 units to deal with the reinforcements and 1 dancer to ensure the other two stay out of the boss range. For the effective dmg+Astra strat change 1 dmg dealer for a healer to keep your main unit healthy.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

There's two ways to clear this easily, with a super tank with any form of Guard+Obstruct to stop the boss from moving or with a nuke with effective dmg. I started with Micaiah and she dealt up to 10k dmg when using only 1 axe but my party got decimated because I had no healer. Then I went with the armored smol dragons  and they really do a number here, Aether means they'll deal a good amount of dmg and they'll always be healthy because Aether heals for absurd amounts. 

I have like 6 axes left and I'm already at 226k score, I'm sure I can reach up to 350k as long as I focus on L!Eirika because she's extremely easy to destroy in one round. 

@daisy jane The idea is to use all 8 axes in one go, bring 1 super tank w/Aether+Special Fighter/Guard or a unit with effective damage with Astra and TA and give them the Obstruct seal so the boss can't go targetting your other units. For the other 3 if you use the super tank strategy just bring 2 units to deal with the reinforcements and 1 dancer to ensure the other two stay out of the boss range. For the effective dmg+Astra strat change 1 dmg dealer for a healer to keep your main unit healthy.

hm. i've been using Myrrhs + Ltiki. and lazura.(sometimes i use Bride Lyn for Candelight).
i don't have anyone who can hit back (or is tanky) with special fighter or guard. and I don't have the obstruct seal. 

I just need to figure out how to just set this up. i'm fine not being "great" at this. i'd just like to be kinda good. I think a lot of my grumpy feeling is, is that GC is my favourite event - and it's now scrapped for something that really seems predicated on having special units or SI, (where as with GC, you can still do well regardless of the special bonuses, because i always play with Fliers/Infantry). 

58 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how on earth do you score well? 
i miss GC already. 

I used cavalry exclusively in GC. It wasn't that hard, but it took more time and effort than I felt the rewards were worth. I think this mode is dramatically easier and less time consuming than GC. Rank rewards will probably be similar in difficultly to GC, but I like that the score rewards are super quick and easy to get. I played horribly, but still got all the score rewards, and am top 10 in my local group (experience will vary) with five leftover axes for later.

This mode doesn't seem to work as well with cavalry as GC did. This is probably on purpose. Armor and tough infantry units can do well. Unlike GC, healing is useful and skills like Aether and Guard can be really good. The three current bosses appear to rotate, so you can plan strategies for each for good effect. (I mostly just used the same team for all of them though.) If you have pair up capable units, that can help.

It's nice that your units can't actually defeat the boss. This allows you to keep scoring full points even with the boss at 1 HP. If you could defeat the boss directly (without friend units), then you'd have to micromanage how many axes to use to avoid wasting them if you defeated the boss early. The only issue  I've seen mentioned is that you can't use a skill like Aether to heal when the boss is down to 1 HP.

It does take a little experimentation. Just redeem single axes, and when you find something that works, you can use a full eight at a time.

10 minutes ago, Tree said:

I used cavalry exclusively in GC. It wasn't that hard, but it took more time and effort than I felt the rewards were worth. I think this mode is dramatically easier and less time consuming than GC. Rank rewards will probably be similar in difficultly to GC, but I like that the score rewards are super quick and easy to get. I played horribly, but still got all the score rewards, and am top 10 in my local group (experience will vary) with five leftover axes for later.

This mode doesn't seem to work as well with cavalry as GC did. This is probably on purpose. Armor and tough infantry units can do well. Unlike GC, healing is useful and skills like Aether and Guard can be really good. The three current bosses appear to rotate, so you can plan strategies for each for good effect. (I mostly just used the same team for all of them though.) If you have pair up capable units, that can help.

It's nice that your units can't actually defeat the boss. This allows you to keep scoring full points even with the boss at 1 HP. If you could defeat the boss directly (without friend units), then you'd have to micromanage how many axes to use to avoid wasting them if you defeated the boss early. The only issue  I've seen mentioned is that you can't use a skill like Aether to heal when the boss is down to 1 HP.

It does take a little experimentation. Just redeem single axes, and when you find something that works, you can use a full eight at a time.

yeah. i've just been using myrrh, myrrh, tiki, and lazura. . i basically trapped. eirika somewhere and they all kept doing damage to her. it was great. 
but i'm not getting 10,000 per round. 

I feel totally unprepared for such mode, I never worked with high damage dealer. I also don't have a Unit with Special fighter.
At least I have some good Aether users xD

Also did not build many units with Guard..

Tanky units with Aether are great in this mode because every time Aether triggers is essentially a complete refill. I’m using my dragon team and A!Tiki and Nowi basically carry the whole thing. 

29 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yeah. i've just been using myrrh, myrrh, tiki, and lazura. . i basically trapped. eirika somewhere and they all kept doing damage to her. it was great. 
but i'm not getting 10,000 per round. 

The score goal of 200,000 is still relatively easy to reach with the bonus from friend units. You don't have to actually earn that full amount with your own units. If you care about ranking though, then it will take more work.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

The score goal of 200,000 is still relatively easy to reach with the bonus from friend units. You don't have to actually earn that full amount with your own units. If you care about ranking though, then it will take more work.

I'm trying to figure out how to activate the Friend atk thing
I think that's just what i am realising idon't know if i am doing enough damage to achieve it. but i just realised you get more boost if you atk the reinforcements first. i figure with this one it might just make more sense (right now) to use one axe per match, vs. 8 and done (like you said). i think just using the girls, (i might change out Fae's A Skill and renewal for Guard 2 and something NOT fury), to help with Klein.could probably run tactic possibly.

I guess I am finally forced to finish building my dragon team, so I just need Steady Breath and Warding Breath fodder now.

I tried using a Player Phase team, but only Firesweep archers are usable but they do not deal a lot of damage.

It's truly amazing watching Nino do 1500+ damage per hit. Then Dragon Fang goes off... 😄

The mode is a little brain-dead, though. I just threw the old favourites at it, and boom! The damage racks up fast.

Galeforce rules in this gamemode. Pair-Up should also be used because that's an extra unit on the field - for the case of Legend Roy, he could be given Galeforce and either Brave Sword or Slaying Edge and be paired up with another Galeforce melee unit and chain Galeforce together. Could also try building a dancer with Galeforce though not sure if the investment cost is worth it at the moment.

I should give my Halloween Mia more work. Otherwise, a Wrathful Absorb staff unit with CC and Guard can do well.

Fir with eff. Nameless Blade, DC, Wrath or Mystic Boost, and Noontime is great as a heal tank. Haven't tried using my Bath Camilla yet though (doesn't hit as hard compared to Fir but can consistently heal thanks to Barb Shuriken, Noontime, and Mystic Boost). In both cases, they're mainly used to take out reinforcements.

Special Fighter proven to be OP as usual but I still have yet to pull one that I'm willing to fodder off. Guess I could bring in Fallen Tiki for this.

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm trying to figure out how to activate the Friend atk thing
I think that's just what i am realising idon't know if i am doing enough damage to achieve it. but i just realised you get more boost if you atk the reinforcements first. i figure with this one it might just make more sense (right now) to use one axe per match, vs. 8 and done (like you said). i think just using the girls, (i might change out Fae's A Skill and renewal for Guard 2 and something NOT fury), to help with Klein.could probably run tactic possibly.

Reinforcements (and attacks on the boss) increase the multiplier. I think friend helper attacks occur automatically at the end and also use the multiplier. I usually just try to place tough DC units and take out most of the reinforcements on enemy phase. This allows me to get more attacks on the boss directly rather than chase down the reinforcements. The boss's special is rough. You can keep it from firing (in theory) through Guard or even that special seasonal wand, but I've not bothered with that yet. Keep the boss off of the defense tiles for more damage potential.

[edit] The boss likes to swap occasionally, so the defense tile placement can be difficult.

Edited by Tree

Hm, I forgot to check if I actually got all the rewards or not, but I like it so far! It might be a little simple, so I hope they'll make a few improvements down the line (I'm not saying making it more competitive, just, you know, a bit more varied or giving us an option for a higher difficulty mode), but it's a nice start so far!

50 minutes ago, Tree said:

@daisy jane

Looking back on it, this is not correct. You do have to reach 200,000 with your own score. However, it's multiplied by the number of axes, so 5,000 becomes 40,000 with eight axes. It's not too hard to score above 10,000 though. The extra friend damage takes out bosses, so that provides the regular timed rewards that GC used to have once per round.

The staff/wand with special count increase is really nice.

Edited by Tree

1 minute ago, Tree said:

@daisy jane

Looking back on it, this is not correct. You do have to reach 200,000 with your own score. However, it's multiplied by the number of axes, so 5,000 becomes 40,000 with eight axes. It's not too hard to score above 10,000 though. The extra friend damage takes out bosses, so that provides the regular timed rewards that GC used to have once per round.

The staff/wand with special count increase is really nice.

yeah. i just have to figur out how to do massive damage. 
Weapon Advantage and breakers. basically. 

yet another reason why i need to try for mia. (AGAIN).