DARN YOU CHAPTER 17!

Oguma

Chapter 17...certainly was an interesting chapter. Trying to make sure I did all four parts in less than 31 turns, the swamps, trying to kill the halberdier with the Adept scroll and Oliver with the Nosferatu tome before Tibarn and his homies could....

Yep, certainly was an...interesting chapter.

YOU FRICKIN KILLED ZIHARK A BILLION TIMES! THIS MAKES ME RAGE!

WELCOME TO BIZZ'S WORLD!

Edited by Fireman

I was scared to do this chapter XD. The chaps were easy though... I promoted/got them close to promoting so many units... but the last part sucked since the hawks came... I was so scared that I rushed to Oliver with Jill and Boyd. And my Ike was lvl 19 so I wanted him to get a bit of exp so I let him fight the reinforcements... HORRIBLE idea... stupid Leanne made him get doubled/ he missed all the time and he died... And on my second try he was still level 19 but at like 83 exp but I was rushing... He only had one last chance to level and he only had 73% of hitting... But he hit and leveled so I was happy :D but he only gained 1 luck XD. But in the end this was a cool chapter.

Who else first looked at this chapter's map and was like "WTH IT'S HUGE but there are only enemies on a small portion of it..."?

same, I wanted MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woops, I meant 17, thats the 4 stage one right?

I usually do that around three or four turns, and it can be done easily at two turns with a air unit. I'm surprised you find it to be hard, but if you don't have air units I understand. What I usually do is go through forest with Marcia, or Jill works too. It takes two turns to get to Oliver, and kill him with javelin lol. ^^

I usually do that around three or four turns, and it can be done easily at two turns with a air unit. I'm surprised you find it to be hard, but if you don't have air units I understand. What I usually do is go through forest with Marcia, or Jill works too. It takes two turns to get to Oliver, and kill him with javelin lol. ^^

It's easy, I never said it was hard. I am just saying Zihark keeps dieing.

Who else first looked at this chapter's map and was like "WTH IT'S HUGE but there are only enemies on a small portion of it..."?

I was too eager to kill some soldiers, but I did on the second part when I was trying to rush Jill to the Arrive square. By then, I knew there were parts - but since I thought it didn't save between parts, I was just upset upon seeing all the different sections. :P

Also, I hated this chapter, because of the swamps. I should have known that Gatrie wouldn't fare well in a swamp...

Plus, for some reason, my units somehow lose all their ability to ever dodge in this chapter. <_<

Chapter 17...certainly was an interesting chapter. Trying to make sure I did all four parts in less than 31 turns, the swamps, trying to kill the halberdier with the Adept scroll and Oliver with the Nosferatu tome before Tibarn and his homies could....

Yep, certainly was an...interesting chapter.

WELCOME TO BIZZ'S WORLD!

Oddly enough, I was eating pixie sticks.

I like to use Soren to kill Oliver with a Staff.

Thats impossible in this game.

But speaking of killing with staves... My Mist killed someone with a staff in RD. :blink:

This chapter isn't so bad. What difficulty are you doing it on?

Part 1- This is easy. Just look out for re-enforcements at the starting point.

Part 2- This isn't much harder. Just send some strong defense units to the west while your main force heads for the end. I recommend sending a Palidan (who has trouble with the swamps to the east anyway), a knight like Gatrie, and a laguz like Lethe to the west (this works fine even in Hard Mode.)

Part 3- This is IMO the hardest part. In Easy and Normal I find its ok to spread your units out more, sending some of your strongest units (Titania would still qualify, but this is the last level where she does if you are smart and haven't been training her) down to take the OMGWTF huge group. Just make sure you don't send someone who gets nuked to hell by magic (like Gatrie.) Everyone else can stay up north.

In Hard Mode, I find that the best strategy (which is also great in Easy and Normal) is definitely to keep the groups closer. You probably won't kill every enemy this way, but you ensure a higher chance of survival. Once the enemies from the south start arriving to your starting point, send some strong units (like Nephenee, Zihark, Boyd, and Soren as a Sage to heal them) down a bit to block them off (there are some thickets to improve your evasion and defense.) Do this and it should be all fine.

Part 4- You could send in a flyer to finish this off quick, or assuming you haven't trained a flyer (which I never do because I usually despise Pegasus knights and never have experience left over for Jill) you can do this the hard way. Take things just slow enough to live (make sure Ike doesn't get attacked) but remember re-enforcements will appear behind you. If you slow down to be safe and take the enemy re-enforcements, chances are you lose the chance to kill Oliver yourself. The most annoying part of this level is the Meteor mage, who really hurts Gatrie, Boyd, Zihark, and any beast laguz you brought.

I'm not saying this is definitely the best way (I'm certainly no expert), but it works for me.

Enjoy not getting Nosferatu.

Don't you get another nosferatu later in the game (maybe in a chest in ch. 22)? It doesn't really matter anyways since only Rhys can use it but if you're not using him you could sell it for some gold.

Anyways, ch. 17 is pretty epic. It's a nice way to get some lower units caught up. Always takes me 2-3 hours to beat but its fun.

Edited by KSFF2150

I did... :P

I kept trying to rescue ppl w/ Jill and drop them on the other side of part 3. It wouldn't let me. Rolf nearly died, and tormod died while hurting Oliver.*Sobs*

I never get to Oliver in time to kill him. :(

But yeah, chapter 17 isn't too bad at all.

Have mounted units/laguz rush ahead and rescue the reinforcements before they do too much damage. I make sure I'm all over this because I don't want to lose Adept or Nosferatu.