Am I the only one here with Switch games but have no Switch?

XRay

I have Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Three Houses. I have no Switch. Maybe if they released a Fire Emblem themed Switch, I would have a Switch by now, but they did not.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? You ever got games for a gaming device but you do not actually have the gaming device?

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Why did you buy the games, if you don't have the system?  Were they gifts, or do you plan to buy a Switch soon.

This, basically. But I think I remember he said he buys collector's editions so probably that.

I had the inverse problem once. I had a PS3, but it had no games because my mother commandeered it for recording TV and thus no one could be assed to get games for a console that was constantly in use. Next thing I know that's a meme the PS3 has no games. Well played irony.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Anyone else in the same boat as me? You ever got games for a gaming device but you do not actually have the gaming device?

you're not alone. i tend to buy games on release date to avoid the risk of loosing them later on, and meanwhile save up money for other things.

once there's something like Black Friday deals or christmas sales, then i go buy whatever console i want at a lowered price.

however, i'm not really in need of new consoles at the moment.

i own an original PS2, PS3, PS4, Nintendo DS, 3DS and Wii. plus, i've got NES, SNES and GBA emulated on smartphone( something else like GameCube/Wii emulators will probably end up on my computer as well, since i can't find original copies of FE Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn anywhere), so overall i've got my library of games covered well(my collection of titles has pretty much about...20 years as of now).

there's only a Nintendo Switch missing that i'll probably buy by the end of the year, after that i'll be finally done for good with collecting consoles/games until the next generation.

Yup. I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2's special edition about a month before I got my Switch. I don't normally do such, but the game was on sale, so I took advantage of it.

Edited by Rex Glacies

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Why did you buy the games, if you don't have the system?  Were they gifts, or do you plan to buy a Switch soon.

They were special edition. I remember holding off on buying Fates special edition when it came out and the price shot up to like $240 something.

I do plan to buy a Switch soon. I am waiting for the new Switch to come out, although if they significantly reduce the price of the old Switch, then I might buy the old Switch instead. I am hesitant in buying the old Switch since I read that there a lot of minor problems with it, such as the dock warping and the drift issue, so I hope that gets fixed in the new Switch.

9 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I had the inverse problem once. I had a PS3, but it had no games because my mother commandeered it for recording TV and thus no one could be assed to get games for a console that was constantly in use. Next thing I know that's a meme the PS3 has no games. Well played irony.

Interesting, I had no idea it had that functionality! I never heard of any of my friends using their PS3 to record stuff before.

Edited by XRay

On 8/27/2019 at 11:33 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whenever you get a Switch, I suggest considering buying this digital-only game:

Not a huge fan sidescrollers nor platformers, but the cat is adorable, so i might get it if it is cheap to try it out.