The Dream Topic

Liz

I remember several of my dreams, mostly because they made me feel these very strong emotions.

When I was four or so I had a couple of dreams that I remember vividly.

1. One was where I was at a swimming pool in my neighborhood by myself, and I found out I could breathe underwater. The whole dream I just swam around without surfacing, and I felt this sense of peace and calm.

2. Also around that age I had this one nightmare that really scared me. I was running on this trail in my neighborhood near my house with my brother and my mom, and we were being chased by a witch (more like a hag than anything else). The witch turns my brother and my mom into stone as we get near my house, but I keep running until I get to safety. Then I feel bad for being a coward and run back to find no one there.

I remember after I read Lord of the Rings I dreamed about it.

I'll have to dig out my old dream journal and try and find some the stuff I wrote down.

1. Wow, that (even though it would sound kinda boring) seems like that'd be a great dream to have since you said a sense of peace and calm.

2. lol, I wouldn't've been scared in the dream, just freaked out by the scary looking hag! XD Though in dreams, they pretty much control your feelings whether you really would feel a certain way or not. =o But then she disappeared!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream where the Unholy Order walked into the woods, and a girl was running through them, and we all walked towards her, and she screamed, and died. And Gatrie shot in the air, and then a man stole my shotgun, and I shot him.

I dream about people stealing my shotgun a lot...

I had this incredibly wierd dream a few years ago that I still vividly remember.

So there was a spaceship parked in my front lawn, and I found it when my sister somehow dissapeared. I boarded the space ship, and then it took off with me in it right before the earth blew up. So then, I found of some evil plot or something, and then I went around to these wierd planets and tried to save some people right before the ship took off onto the next planet and before the ship blew the worlds up.

The wierdest part of the dream? Ashnard of Fire Emblem fame was the captain of the space ship. :blink:

I dreamed that Chattur'gha gave Pious nightmares for absolutely no reason, and it broke Pious' mind. I dunno why, but the dream was somewhat unsettling.

Incidentally, I'm playing Chattur'gha's path in Eternal Darkness. Can you say...insanity effect?

loldoublepostbump

I had a very strange dream today.

I dreamt that my father and I are travelling to China but somehow ended up in the ocean near the South Pole. But then, I swimmed and reached a Chinese fishing boat. When I got onto the boat, I faked shivering for some reason (but I wasn't even cold, despite coming out of ice cold water just seconds ago). I was wearing a long, black leather trench coat, black leather pants, black shit and black leather gloves. So then, there was this guy at the wheel of the fishing boat (he was Chinese, obviously) and I went to him and said "Ni hao" (in the dream, I remembered something like "Fireman said ni hao so it must be it...") then the guy tried correcting me or something by adding another word to it. Then suddenly he said something like "Speak English" and I was like "You know English?" and he was like "Yeah all the Chinese outside of China, in Dubai, USA, England, they don't know English but all of us inside China can speak English". This was really contradictory, but whatever...anyway, when I was speaking to the guy, suddenly he was standing behind a counter in a Chinese food place (it was kind of like a buffet, with previously prepared food behind glasses and some out in the open for customers to pick up themselves). I talked to him about some stuff (mostly about the food, but I don't remember what I said), and I think I wanted to buy the food because I was really hungry but wasn't sure if it was appropriate to eat (going by the rules of Islam, lolol). Then my father came in and I told him I wanted food so he agreed I think. I was looking around the food place and at all the food and people in (it was a small place but really crowded, with non-Chinese people for some reason, I think because it was near a seaport/airport or something). Then, while I'm trying to decide what to eat, Lyle comes in the restaurant (he looked like his avatar, except he was wearing a black tux with a white shirt underneath) and he was like "Lend me all of your money". I got confused there for a second, then he said something like "Damn Gears of War 5!". Somehow, I understood it all at once; he had used all his money to buy Gears of War 5 (lol) but his dad had told him not to. His dad was also Geese Howard (double lol) and was standing in the previously mentioned food place grinning at Lyle from inside and would kill Lyle if he found out that Lyle had used up all of his money.

So then, I dunno what happened. We (me and Lyle) went out of the food place and it was a huge, prettyful mall, with a video game store near the food place and it had a poster of Gears of War 5. So I went inside (not sure if Lyle was with me) and took a look around. There were various video games on show, and also toys and some movies. I just went through the store looking at all the stuff, and I think it was also an arcade. I don't remember clearly, but I think I played some of the games at the arcade and maybe some at the store.

That's all I can remember...also, I didn't lend Lyle any money in the end. :D

EDIT: Whoa, long post is long.

Edited by Nightmare

lol!

i had a weird dream last night!

i dreamed that i wanted some cheese, some cheddar cheese. so i went to the cheese store hey, its a dream, everything's possible! and i looked at the huge selection of cheese that they had in stock, but they had no cheddar cheese.

so i was sad.

I kinda had a wierd one last night as well. From what i remember, we we're supposedly in Japan or something, (i saw japanese graffiti somewhere, i believe it was something written in katakana.)

Odd thing was that everthing was normal and pretty much the exact same as it is here in the US, so it didn't really make sense. >.<

I barely remember much of it. :/

Edited by SmartRutter7

A few nights ago (probably one of the nights where I finally caught sleep from getting off of here early XD) I had 10 dreams at the same night. I barely remember any of them by having so much.

I had a normal dream. I dreamt I went to college, went to work and then came back home. It felt very realistic and normal. Though I can only remeber some parts of the dream.

So sometimes I get normal dreams =/

I hate deep sleep dreams because either I can't remember them, or they were so bad that I don't want to remember them.

I had a dream recently where I was lying in bed sleeping, and I rolled over to see this unrealistically attractive Japanese girl lying next to me. I was basically thinking this:

"Whoa! She's even wearing short shorts?! What a girl. But she must have the wrong place or something.

So I woke her up and she acted like she knew me and just told me to go back to sleep. So of course I held onto her from behind(spooned) and we went back to sleep. Then some crap I'll never forget happened. I opened my eyes again and cause I felt something on my leg above the covers.

ALL OF A SUDDEN: This huge spider crawls up to my chest in a split second! It's head was a cartoon character. Has anyone seen the dog whisperer episode of South Park? The head of the character was the nanny 911 one chick! I was so scared! This ugly headed spider thing just started screaming at me!

"I'M NOT UGLY!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!!! I'M NOT UGLEEEHHH!!!"

She said over and over again while I let out a courage the cowardly dog scream! Then the hot girl wakes up and just qawks. She grabs my bb gun desert eagle which then becomes a real gun somehow and shoots the spider in the head! It's body flies into a wall and just falls out of view. She then puts the gun down and we kinda sorta just go back to sleep.

And now I can't stop thinking about those cute azn girls. If that doesn't reinforce and asian fetish nothin will. THat damn spider is a really bad memory though.

There's this one dream I had long ago and I still remember it (especially the last part)

I was on vacation with some I know like my uncle and aunt. We were driving in a car, but I don't remember where we went. After the trip we saw my parents and a someone dropped a Pikachu doll. When we went home, we looked into my sister's room (which is my room now) and we saw Mr. Burns from The Simpsons in there, along with a pool table. He had Stewart Little in his hand and he dropped him into a one of the holes in the pool table.

There's a few other dreams I had that I remembered, but I'm not going to mention them (and there are some I don't want to even mention)

Me and my brother have something very similar, which is a big reason why I am deciding to tell about this.

Whenever we dream about tornadoes (which, being in Indiana, will happen quite often, mostly in the spring during the season they actually come), we often dream them real tiny... or at least smaller than normal. My brother would dream them to be about 10 feet tall, and I would dream them just about as tall as a human (or sometimes smaller). And that's not all, we both always imagine about ten of them or something like that all surrounding us or right in front of us.

If I could possibly count how many of these dreams I've had in my life, I'd say... probably 10-20 times.

Those dreams mostly end up that they surround us and then we try to find a way out, but every dream is pretty much eventless and I either have a dream change or wake up.

I have tornado dreams/nightmares all the time. Tornadoes seem to be my phobia. D:

And I had the worst dream ever a few days ago. I'm due at work at 11, so I set my alarm for 10 before I go to bed. So I fall asleep, dream that I'm sleeping, oversleep and wake up at like two in the afternoon. I reach up and get my phone and it says like 2:30, and I freak out.

....so I wake up at 9AM going OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT.

Edited by Iceland

I have tornado dreams/nightmares all the time. Tornadoes seem to be my phobia. D:

And I had the worst dream ever a few days ago. I'm due at work at 11, so I set my alarm for 10 before I go to bed. So I fall asleep, dream that I'm sleeping, oversleep and wake up at like two in the afternoon. I reach up and get my phone and it says like 2:30, and I freak out.

....so I wake up at 9AM going OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT.

Yeah, don't you hate those dreams where you oversleep? I remember having one of those dreams about oversleeping years ago. Long story short, it was not pretty what happened.

And I had another wierd dream the other night as well; this time, I was on this island, and the world had somehow just come to an end. So then, I'm standing there with a bunch of survivors, and we're all bickering and doing random stuff as the island changes illogically and a bunch of aliens tried (and succeeded in a few cases) to kill us.

I don't know why, but most of the dreams I have that I remember are about the end of the world... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I had this strange dream of...well I recieved my results for passing my exams and instead of being happy, I began to scream and beat everyone up........I can't remeber all of it, just bits of it.

I've had a whole bunch of crackpot dreams, but here's one I've bothered to remember for quite a while.

So there's a haunted mansion me and a bunch of other kids (it was long ago) wanted to check out. Instead of going into the front door, we went into the basement. And since it was nighttime, the basement was actually a huge depot containing enormous tetris blocks. Somehow, I (and I was suddenly alone) figured this place might be haunted, so I bolted for the exit, which awfully resembled one of those overworld doors from Donkey Kong 64. You know, the gooey blue ones. But then Frankenstein, Dracula and a bunch of other peeps stopped me, put me on a magic flying bean thing from Ocarina of Time, and trapped me on top of a block. When I try to climb down, Igor helps me back up.

The next day (huge blackout there), I went into the basement again, where I found a well-lit renaissance-like room with Mewtwo in it, watching TV.

EDN

A recurring theme seems to be that I find myself in whatever school I'm in, naked, trying to find my clothes. I hate those dreams.

A recurring theme seems to be that I find myself in whatever school I'm in, naked, trying to find my clothes. I hate those dreams.

I swear man your not alone o.o I had so many of those types of dream that I am sick of it.

I remembered another dream I had.

There was this one where I was being chased by these two guys in suits. All of the sudden, the road I was following dead-ended in a parking lot-like thing in front of a huge waterfall. For some reason, in the dream I realized I could control the water by saying this one latin verb (I think it was 'I raise', but I'm not sure anymore). When the two guys chasing me caught up, I made some of the water from the waterfall form a ball and threw it at them. The rest of the dream was just me fighting them and winning.

There've actually been some periods off and on where I actually worked fairly hard to chronicle my dreams. I still have them sitting around, (mostly from various journal entries where I was keeping them), so when I saw this topic I thought to myself, "Why not"? I'll seperate out the different entries in different quote boxes. [Warning, epic tl;dr ahead.]

Dream for Thursday

I was wandering around in dungeons with a play control that was like a cross between old school Zelda games and Final Fantasy games. You know top view one room at a time scroller except battles shifted to a battle screen. The goal seemed to be to go through and get as much treasure as possible. The background music was like a cross between traditional heavy metal and Blackmore's Night, kind of similar to the more "minstrelly" stuff Blind Guardian does. There was a commentary too, like that of a game/band reviewer, saying that if you liked the direction the games/music had been going from the first one to the second one, you'd love this one too (with strong overtones that the reviewer in question did _not_ approve of the direction the series was evolving).

The game was very puzzle intensive: involving mazes, switches, timers and more and some treasures were mutually incompatible (you simply could not get them both, I remember restarting several times in vain attempts to do so, but the conditions for aqcuiring one simultaneously invalidated the conditions for getting to the other). There were very few random encounters, and most were not monsters you needed to kill but rather NPCs with highscool to college age style problems and concerns that you had to help them fulfill (e.g. studying for their Calculus midterm, driving them to cross-country practice/football game, etc.) Weird, I know, but that's all I really remember.

Dream for Friday

This is by far my best chronicled dream. I was just in the process of waking up naturally (which is the only way I remember dreams) when my alarm went off, so I actually got up as opposed to laying around and going back to sleep forgetting the dream/having it meld with a new one. The best part is, my alarm is set to give me a good hour of snooze hitting, so when I didn't do that there was plenty of time to write the dream down.

It was about a television show that doesn't exist that was based of a manga (that also doesn't exist). It was called "Dev 'n Nation" or something, and the main character was played by Danny Devito. The other main character was played by me. There were several crazy adventures, and I'll try to recount a few of them here.

Okay, so Danny Devito is a visiting businessman to our company from some other company, and is good friends with the boss. However, he was trying to earn enough "points" in the "forum" to be able to retire. He quoted that about 4 points annually was a typical gain at his company, and he needed to earn 12 more, or something. I got the strong impression that everyone felt these points were much easier to earn than Devito was making out, like you could get points just by drinking enough water.

Well he mentioned this to my boss in passing, and my boss remarked "Don't even bother applying for points here. I'm too good a friend of yours; I could never sign off on something like that."

Devito proceeds to choke on the water he was drinking (for points) and fainted. However in this world, apparently, fainting is very easily mistaken for a heart attack, and is accompanied by a loss of vital signs. When he came too though he made some comment (I don't recall what), and one of the guys made the remark that it must be true since he said it immediately after fainting.

Scene Change:

We're driving along in a car with Devito at the wheel, chasing after somebody (crooks I think), when Devito has a fainting attack. The car swerves about wildly, and we get pulled over by a cop, who pronounces Danny dead. However just then, he comes to and tells the cop how glad he is to see him since we were trying to catch these criminals, "And you know it must be true since I said it just after fainting."

Well the policeman is just appalled that Devito still drives, despite the fact that he has a chronic fainting condition, and tries to write him up a ticket. Well they're standing in the middle of the highway with cars rushing by on both sides, and Devito apparantly thinks it's a good idea to threaten he and says "I could get you killed with a quick thrust of the arm, you know?"

The cop raises and eyebrow and replies "Oh yeah? Well I could kill you as easily as killing a Jewish bookkeeper." To which Devito exclaims (truthfully) "I am a Jewish bookkeeper!" This is apparantly some sort of punchline, because everybody laughs and the cop decides not to give us a ticket.

Scene Change:

A business trip has been planned down south requiring a flight by plane. I had reserved the tickets to take advantage of frequent flyer miles or some such thing. As it was nearing time to go and our company chauffer was coming to pick us up Devito was nowhere to be found (he was having a midlife crisis). He had been cheating on his wife and everything (I recall the distinct image of him in bed with another woman, and strangely enough his wife was on the floor next to the bed, and there was also an unknown unrecognizable man at the foot of the bed). Well anyway, we all went looking for him, and eventually found him in the laundry room, he had been painting the furnace. There was a miniconfrontation between him and his mistress (who reminds me of this girl from my High School Drama department), and she ended up getting paint on the back of her very expensive dress.

Well anyway, the gay butler had met the chauffer at the door but there was super loud music playing (another part of Devito's midlife crisis thing) that made it seem as though some sort of college drinking party was going on. The chauffer was sure that he had come to the wrong house and could not be convinced otherwise, and proceeded to leave without us. The butler then returns to where the quarrel is going on and Devito's wife remarks (with great irony to those of us in the know) how like a lover's spat the arguement Danny is having with the other woman is. This makes the butler smile knowingly, and then he backs out of the room.

Scene Change:

My main character is monologueing about how he wished this show would stay more true to the manga, and that there was so much happening that was just elaboration or something. He remarked that the manga really quickly got to his arrival in gambino where he takes a more important role, yet the show has been dragging out forever the events prior to this. He is young and had been sent to boarding school at a very early age by his parents, who (coincidentally) happen to be Devito and wife, but they remember nothing about him. He managed to get an internship at the company, and things have been proceeding from there.

There was more, but this was all I could remember. I hope you enjoyed it.

Dream for Saturday

Saturday's dream was . . . interesting, and sadly I've forgotten almost all but the key elements. It began in the present time and place. I was either bowling, or at a club or something I don't recall where exactly, but I met the daughter of the owner and we fell in love. There were a couple weeks of, you know, typical courting type stuff, movies dinners, just hanging out and whatnot. Then one evening we had sex for the first time. At the climax there was a bright white flash and when I woke up the next morning everything had changed.

It was a future time, in a foreign world, my lover was now a princess (or priestess, I don't recall which), and our love was strictly forbidden; legions of soldiers were trying to hunt us down (and execute me, the princess however would merely be reprimanded severely). However, we possessed some kind of strange, uncertain and odd power that triggered when we were in close proximity and was heralded by bright red light spewing forth from our rings. I forget what exactly the power was, but it was either teleportation or invisibility, or something else that made our escape significantly easier than it otherwise would have been.

We were eventually caught by a young guard, she couldn't have been more than 16 years old. She had a spear and reminded me of Amelia from FE:TSS, and I think that was what her name was in the dream, incidentally. Anyway, it turns out that not all of these future people were bad, some of them were just misguided. I taught her how to play Mozart on the violin and she was fascinated. Apparently in this future world the didn't have music of any kind at all, much less Mozart caliber. Amelia was extremely grateful, and proceded to help us escape.

Those were the main elements. There are many other details I've either forgotten, or am intentionally leaving out. This was a very good dream, I wish I'd had a reason to get up and record it more thoroughly, rather than just lazing in bed and lapsing asleep again.

Random Dream Snippets

Low on sleep, low quality dream snippets. Not as good as real dreams, I understand, but I should be keeping track of something. Sadly I've lost track of the dates on these, only the order.

Earliest Fragment:

I'm brushing my teeth and all of the sudden my mouth is filled with the coppery tang of blood. I look in the mirror and discover I've grown vampire fangs, and their rapid rate of growth has cut my gums causing the bleeding. I continue brushing, spitting, and rinsing. When I leave the house I try to hide my fangs by keeping my mouth closed very tightly. Somehow this causes the fangs to break off and I'm left with jagged stumps. My mouth starts bleeding again and I go to brush my teeth again.

Next Fragment:

It is the wild west. I am a marshal hunting some notorious outlaws. One of them is a witch shapeshifter, who generally resembles her mother, whom she killed at an early age. Another is a brute with ridiculous amounts of raw strength. I wish I remembered plot and not just feelings of characters, but I don't.

An almost complete Fragment:

I was forced to work for an evil genius. At first I attempted to thwart his efforts, he wanted a building bombed, but I made it so that the police did a safe demolition instead, and noone was hurt. However, after he sent me to the moon, I had twisted and become evil myself. There was a small contingent of people there who were on "our side" and the rest of the moon base was against us. In order to make myself better and stronger I had our surgeon construct an electronic skull and brain for me so a GSW to the head wouldn't stop me, and I kept my real brain safely in a jar at the base, to ensure my immortality. I then commandeered a nuclear missile and rode it down to earth a la "Dr. Strangelove". After the explosion, for some reason I was at home, and I'd been fixed up with even more mechanical parts substituting what I'd lost. My parents suspected I was evil now, and chased me out of the house. Still having a hint of humanity, I couldn't hurt them and ran away. While chasing after me though, my father fell and broke his ankle. I escaped, and beat them back to the house and had my brother drive me somewhere, I don't recall, but he suspected I was responsible for father's injury.

Final Fragment:

It is a dream filled with macabre puns (that combined visual and spoken elements). I actually laughed myself awake several times (well not exactly 'awake' awake, but the groggy half-wakefulness feeling, if you know what I mean, if not, tough muffins, I can't describe it much better than that). Some of the subjects: Hitler, a wrestlemania wrestler, a robot with saws for arms. They kind of proceded like a stage play with multiple characters, each pun paving way for the next, all accompanied with blood and gore so unrealistic it make things even funnier. I think...

Incubus

Today was a wonderful day for dreams, I allowed myself to drift toward and away from wakefulness for hours, and it was wonderful. Like floating on a tide of comfort. Some of the dreams were odd, some were not fully developed, and while I remember them mostly, some of the details I had to partially reconstruct, and may not ring true to what I actually experienced. We'll just see how it turns out when I'm done typing it up though, shall we? (Dreams recounted in semi-chronological order, i.e. how I remember them happening to me, which may be mildly confused)

Dream 1:

This dream had a very X files-ish feel to it, as did a couple of my others in todays batch, I'm not exactly sure why. There were two distinct and seperate parts to this one, part of it was a trial, and the other part was definately not in the court room but I forget where. The crux of the dream revolved around an evil spirit, I don't remember what it was called in the dream if anything, but for lack of a better word, I'll be referring to it here as an incubus, although I am fully aware that such a description is not fully accurate.

This incubus had a variety of different powers including the ability to destroy innocents (specifically other spirits, I don't recall if said power was ever used on humans), and the ability to possess people. While in possession of a body, it acted more along the lines of a traditional incubus, that is to say, using that body to engage in sexual intercourse with women, which I might add it was very skillful at.

With that little background out of the way, I will do my best to recount a plot outline of the dream without going to far into any particular details: for obvious reasons.

I do not precisely recall what the nature of the trial was, not the accused, nor the crimes, only some specific witness testimonies. Amongst many such witnesses were myself and a woman friend of mine (who was ambigous enough I couldn't tell which if any of my real life acquaintences she may have been based off of). When it came my turn for questioning, I attempted to prove my point by summoning a harmless innocent ghost of a slain monk, (I gather this had some importance in the trial proceedings, perhaps the crime was related to his death, or maybe it was simply an unorthodox way of collecting information on some variety of supernatural events that had been taking place in the area). At about this time the incubus showed up and destroyed the soul of the poor monk, who appeared quite mournful and agonized as he was experiencing his fate.

The incubus then possessed one of the attourneys, and began asking my girlfriend intimate questions about her sexual life: what she enjoys, when her last orgasm was, and crazy stuff like that. Despite objections, the judge allowed the line of quesitoning to continue, and she skillfully and humorously invented crazy new terms like minigasm, and others that I forget, but her testimony generally indicated that she was unpleased with her sex life at its current stage. Having apparently found what it was looking for the incubus left, and the rest of the trial proceeded much more mundanely, and I remember little to none of the rest of it.

The other part of the dream was somewhat disjoint and yet related. I do not recall the exact setting, but my body had been possessed by that incubus, and he proceded to have his way with my girlfriend in my body. I was in the "back seat" of my mind if you will and it was a very disconcerting expecience to say the least. I still had full possession of my faculties and senses, but no control as to what I was doing. Sparing you further details, the important part is that we were discovered in the act by some classmates from school, and the word spread like wildfire, causing much undue embarrassment. Many other little details elude me more than just a vague sense that they exist, like her being aware that I was not quite myself, and other bits and pieces of an even less concrete nature.

Well, that wraps up dream one, and I'm actually a bit typed out for now, I may update with the others later this evening.

The other dreams from Sunday

The Gobbler

I had a dream about a mysterious creature. I believe it was called "The Gobbler" for some unknown reason. I recall there was a poem about him, you know some traditional folk poem parents scare their kids with, but don't remember much of it. If I were forced to reconstruct it it would begin something like this:

"Beware the Gobbler, my son,

At the noon of night, devoid of sun.

With trash hands grasping

and deep voice rasping..."

And that's about as far as I can get, without completely making stuff up.

He was some monster that was born from, lives in, and feeds on refuse of all sorts and sizes (plastic bags, rotten food, vomit, etc.). His weakness was to be tied up with a sort of dual rope, made by finely handwrapping a silk thread around an existing rope in such a way that you ended with two ropes twined together. As for appearance, I recall him being giant-sized but invisiblish, however he projected man-sized decoys to lure and confuse his prey. It was pretty successful as the hunters in my dream wrapped the decoy, but the main part of Gobbler got them.

The River

It was a drought season. There were three children: a brother, a sister, and a baby of unspecified gender. The boy and girl went to the dried up river bed where there had once been a mighty river, in search of any water that might remain, bringin their baby sibling along with them, as the were not allowed to leave him unsupervised. When they arrived at the river, it was dry as expected, but the boy spied a small, shiny, round, blue stone near where midstream would have been. The scampered down to check it out but upon touching it, suddenly there was a massive outpouring of water, as if all the missing water had been condensed into the stone. Swept away by the now fierce current, the baby was seperated from them and drowned. The pair managed to escape to shore, but were chilled to the bone, suffering severe hypothermia and feverish delusions. The dream didn't last long enough for me to determine whether they survived, but rather replayed from the beginning from an alternate perspective, this time following the narrative as seen through the eyes of the girl-child. I don't remember significant differences in plot but in the emotions experienced as the story unfolded.

Video Game Medley

It was a cross between Civilization 3, creating settlers and workers to make cities and improve the surrounding countryside, Lords of the Realm 2 for intra-city management, creating armies and waging war, Warcraft 3 style Heroes to lead the armies, with Fire Emblem style leveling and promotions for your Heroes. It was very fun, and I was winning, I think, when I awoke.

New Dream, Kind of Long, Pretty Creepy...

I had finished writing and submitted my thesis, though there was clearly an expectation that I had some other things I needed to take care of (though I couldn't recall what, if I even knew while the dream was afoot). However, I was feeling ill and this fact must have been at least somewhat apparent because my father seemed to notice, although my mother assumed that I was just trying to weasel out of things so I could slack off in some form, be it reading, or gaming, or anything similar. (Why my parents were around is beyond me, though they disappear in a little bit.)

To describe the ill feelings I was having is a little difficult, but it was pretty close to what I'd call sharp stabbing pains throughout my abdominal region. Fighting against the pain I staggered my way back to a dormitory-like area (may or may not have been where I lived in dream-world, I can't say I recognize it, or even remember enough of it to describe it really well). There was a bed there, but I sort of collapsed on the floor a yard or so away from it and curled up into a ball and started making whimpering noises, which my mother mistook for purring (somehow) and asked what exactly I was thinking and why I would be purring on the gound like that.

I managed to gasp out that I was in some pretty serious pain. There was probably some sort of minor time-skip here because there was suddenly a doctor-ish figure around to confirm that I wasn't faking, and I was lifted onto some sort of bed/operating table. Doc started engaging in some exploratory surgery moving around and checking out my innards, and relayed his discovery that my kidneys, pancreas, and pretty much my entire digestive tract was experiencing acute failure, and that I would need extensive, and expensive medical treatment to massage/coax them back into proper working order.

I either blacked out here, or there was some sort of swift dream time-skip again because the next thing I knew I had come to, and had various tubes and things sticking into me in and around various places. I don't remember all of the details perfectly, but it seems there was the typical nose/mouth intubating tube (though oddly I think I remember being able to talk. Good old dream mechanics. :)), an IV tube-bag which I think was connected into my side rather than my arm, and some various tubes attaching to a mysterious metal contraption. It vaugely reminded my of a bib, and I'm not entirely sure what its purpose was. It entered my neck on either side, travelled the length of my torso and crossed at about waist level. It was aluminum-colored, maybe.

I was in the same place I had been before, the dormitory-like area, which also, I suppose, reminds me a little of the fellowship hall at the church I attended growing up, rather open-spaced, a common-area. The area had pretty much been converted into a makeshift hospital area (I was not the only patient, I vaguely remember others). It was staffed by volunteers from school, a particularly large number of whom had also been members of the school's earlier production of a play called "The Little King".

I cannot tell you much about that play, other than the fact that many of the costumes were adapted from when we had preformed a version of "Corpse Bride". I'm not entirely sure exactly why or how this came together, so I'm betting it was dream-remnants from an earlier dream that somehow got swept into the current one. Things I do recall were that I was a large fan of the play, had a crush on the actress who wore the re-fitted Corpse Bride costume, and apparently may have had the title-role. I'm not entirely sure, as I distinctly remember watching and enjoying, as well as performing. That's dreams for you, though. XD

I had a good deal of visitors, people visiting me either because they were a fan of the play, or enjoyed reading my thesis, or were just friends dropping by. After some pretty mundane visiting business passed I felt more or less healthy enough to move about, so I got up, walked past the other patients, down the stairs and somewhere else. I don't remember exactly where, but I get the feeling I was trying to finish what I should have done earlier, before I got struck bad with the pangs of illness. At some point I wound up by my mailbox/bin, which was pretty much stuffed full/overflowing. I grabbed a large manila envelope and left the rest, and headed back to the hospital-ish area.

I opened up the envelope and pulled out the contents. It was my submitted thesis, being returned to me with edits and comments from my advisor and the review board. Seeing this prompted some sort of flashback (I think) to an earlier point in time where there had been a symposium of sorts. I had given a talk, and following the presentation had received a lot of praise from some fans who told me it was one of the best at the conference, though I distinctly remember feeling/thinking to myself that it had actually been rather sub-par both in choice of theme, organizational layout, and execution. Seeing my returned thesis brought back the same sorts of feelings, there were very few comments constructive criticisms, and more praise than I felt was warranted.

I turned to one of my hospital-bed neighbors, who had coincidentally also received a packet with his thesis returned to him. His was rather badly marked up and full of highly critical and lengthy objections. I felt both a little pride, as well as guilt that the only real complaints I'd had on mine were asking for further clarification on relatively minor and esoteric points, and I didn't really feel comfortable sharing with him my results, even though he'd asked. The matter was out of my hands, though, literally, when one of my fans grabbed my thesis from me and quickly skimmed through it, read the comments out loud, and lauded me as a genius getting off with (near-)perfect marks.

A little later on, after some of the hubbub had died down, my advisor dropped by and told me not to worry about the thesis, and to just concentrate on getting well, that I would still be able to graduate, and if needed would be given extensions to deal with those final few corrections/expansions.

I then had an urge to go to the bathroom. Shambled across the area and let myself into a stall, but before I even got my pants down (or was I wearing one of those hospital gowns? I honestly don't know, nor is it all that important. Before I could begin) some little old lady just walked right in, and kept on going. Puzzled, because I was sure I shut and locked the door (and I had), I noticed that the doors were unusually high off the ground, and that the lady was unusually short. Both were approximatly two feet or so, so she just made it under. She clearly wasn't interested in me, though, and just was passing through to whatever was on the other side of the stall. The mood was ruined though, and I found myself unable to conduct the business I had come to take care of.

It was around this time, though, that I noticed a mysterious puddle on the ground beneath my feet. Slightly confused and disturbed, as I was confident that was not urine, I glanced around for the source and discovered that my IV bag/pouch thing had sprung several high-pressure leaks from pin-holish areas.

Concerned, I hurriedly made my way back to my bed and flagged down a nurse. I lifted the bag to show her the problem, but unfortunately the spray hit her directly in the face, ruining her make-up, her hair and turning her into quite a bit of a mess. She accused me of being a practical joker, and left to go get an administrator to issue me some sort of formal reprimand, and pretty much proceeded to ignore my plight. After she'd left I noticed that I was bleeding out of that metal bib-contraption, and really began to start to panic a little. It looked like I was turning into a lawn-sprinkler. Looking around for another nurse, anyone really, I asked if somebody had a cell-phone. I saw a line of five girls, evidently fans of mine, with their phones in hand just waiting for some signal to start dialing. Not wanting to flood the emergency services line, I told the asian girl on the far right of the line to make the call, and told the others to fetch help.

When some real doctors arrived, I was informed that the situation was extremely dire, and that I probably wouldn't survive the ambulance ride to a real hospital. I thought to myself that if I went to sleep, perhaps slowing down my breathing, and my heart-rate would help things out, and give me a better chance.

So I went to sleep . . . and I woke up . . . in a sweat, clenching my teeth, and with my fists gripping the bed tightly.

Kiss

I don't remember much of the dream very well. It is vague and in bits and snatches, some of which are contradictory (which, of course in a dream doesn't really mean much, but. . .) I was in some sort of school setting, roughly, or at least a building. I needed to go to the third floor for something, but I didn't know what it was, well, until I arrived. At that point there was a long line of people, waiting to be served by one man. When I was only a couple of people away from the front of the line, I began overhearing things. We were here to sign up for some sort of sports club/activity thing. The only problem is that he was describing all of the clubs in French (but with some associated gestures). The clubs I managed to pick out of the mix of unknowns included rowing, paddle jumping (I think this is entirely made up, so I explain, it was like, being on stilts, but having to jump from one pair to another around a track), barrel rolling, and others I don't remember. He also mentioned something about how all of these were important, but just by enrolling you won't look like a 12, which was some confusing term, but I got the idea it meant a man with a really sculpted body.

I got to the stage, he babbled at me in French, and I ended up not picking anything (that I can recall), and I left. When I left the room, I was suddenly on a street, and everybody was dressed in elegant clothing, some carrying flowers. It seemed to be some sort of festival, and again there were a long line of people, only this time going both ways. As the lines crossed the street, I overheard a woman say (to herself I think) something along the lines of "I got all dressed up, and haven't been kissed." in a remorseful sort of tone. Looking at her she was pretty, in a plain kind of way, with medium length straight brown hair (and for the record did not look like my ex, her facial structure was entirely different, but I don't know who it reminds me of). I went over, dipped her down and bent to kiss her. She didn't resist when I grabbed her, but as I leaned in for the kiss she turned her head. I kissed her anyways. I had planned it to be a just short, vanilla sort of kiss, but apparently both our mouths were slightly open and our tongues touched briefly, which surprised both of us and I pulled back ending the kiss, one or both of us may have gasped in surprise, as I stood her back up, and returned to heading along to wherever it was I was going. There was a third person moment then, where I saw her sort of turn and watch me go, with a sort of happy look, so I guess she liked it.

Anyway, I woke up around then.

Epic Awesome Nightmare:

Occured in Stages:

Appeared to be much like the updates in code revision, and provided a chronicle of the adventure ala Dracula journal-style.

Involved much intricate espionage counter-terrorist, high tech behaviour and such.

Drean segment part one: Rue antagonist

Me protagonist.

Briefly woke-> Reslept.

Dream segment part two: new protagonists = Rue, then, Jonas, new villain = Aaron.

-----------

Involved the secret build-up of a program by villain, carefully hidden, and under the guise of being just normal course of events. Protagonist stumbles across it.

A Death-note-ish battle of wits, secrecy, and intrigue plays out during which increasingly more risky and elabortate schemes are executed. A lot of deaths are faked, to throw the competing factions off the scent.

At one point I was paralyzed from the waste down, and badly bleeding, while villain was still in okay shape. Apparently some sort of rescue car was nearby, and they showed up to investigate (as there was some explosion, wreckage, etc.). Somehow, however they fulfilled the trope of the well-intentioned, but unbelieving officer, who went on to investigate the situation by themselves and got killed. However that provided the distraction I needed to slip into their car, grab their radio and com HQ for backup, and give some sort of signal for them to home in on to find this place. Villain then arrives (after finishing off ms. female police office), and has that "Ah, I really wish you hadn't done that sort of expression." I seem to remember dying here.

I guess something made Rue switch sides/decide to quit working for villain higher on food chain? I guess while she was okay with murder, destruction of property, and general villainry, the wholesale destruction of the planet was a little bit much. Or at least, if she weren't the sold arcitecht pulling the strings. Discovery that there existed new villain who had been monitoring her work, and was about to steal it/reap the rewards of her labor?

Final segment involved new protagonist retracing earlier steps taken by original protagonist (before their untimely demise), and disabling security cameras, hijacking and disabling a clone!sentry, and hijacking their body. New protagonist and clone were somehow able to communicate, and new protagonist managed to produce some sort of recording, which mentioned something that was apparently bad news for villian, and an elaborate sting/distraction operation was executed to keep villain distracted while hero races to disarm complex/somehow. Everything proceed according to plan, until villain becomes suspicious (I believe it was due to clone making a slight mistake, which made a noise, picked up by security, or transmitted somehow. I get the feeling that clone actually needed to pass in relative close proximity to where new protagonist and villain were camping out, in order to get to his destination), kills new protagonist, and proceeds to head to main room where the button controlling destruction was kept. Shortcuts were taken, pipes were slid down "Ghostbusters" fire department hideout style, and the ultimate speed advantage was that villain had a smaller frame and was able to more easily squeeze through an opening. (At some point here, Rue!clone got transformed into Jonas) However, button was conveniently just-out-of-reach, and allowed protagonist to force their way through. Protagonist was apparently also after a button-of-doom (controlling the self-destruct mechanism), which was conveniently in the same room, but even farther out of reach. Anyhow, some sort of struggle ensued, resulting in villain being hurled into the "pit of doom" that was for some reason in the area, and the protagonist, with a longer reach than the villain, reach his target button, which initiated the complex's final self-destruct sequence, and then proceeded to sit and wait, for the inevitable.

Boom. Wake!

Immediately prior to this actual, I god to witness Bad!End, where villain hit his button, and resulted in unmitigated, total global destruction.

Then, I also have some other dreams that are in the form of AIM chatlogs with a good friend who's very into dreams (having a lot of interesting ones of her own). Screennames have been altered to protect the innocent. ;-) (Actually, because my messenging software supports aliases and I find them more pleasant to look at.)

(3:36:18 AM) Balcerzak:

mmm. So I just had a weird/interesting dream.

(3:36:47 AM) Kitten:

Tell me, I'll type up my own :3

(3:37:03 AM) Balcerzak:

I cannot remember all of it, but some of the elements were that there was some sort of alien technology/ancient power thing that caused transformations.

(3:37:57 AM) Balcerzak:

It was looking for something, I'm not entirely sure what it was, but it manifested itself in various people across the world, and caused them to attack in their attempts to search and destroy.

(3:39:33 AM) Balcerzak:

I get the feeling it was some sort of small globe-type object, as in some of the final sequences I was chased around some sort of rectangular maze when I had an ephiphany (recognized the maze from a dream) and thought that it was hidden in a sculpture under a ledge at about shin-height.

(3:39:57 AM) Balcerzak:

Unfortunately there where these sculptures everywhere, so it still was proving hard to find.

(3:40:33 AM) Kitten:

D:!

(3:41:00 AM) Balcerzak:

Anyway the enemy caught me, so I had to transform too (I had done so in the past, but for some reason was still sane / in control. I'm not sure if the other girls were).

(3:41:40 AM) Balcerzak:

So we were having some sort of epic showdown/fight, which unleashed a lot of energy, and caused some serious collateral damage, and I was losing.

(3:41:55 AM) Balcerzak:

I think I woke up around then.

(3:42:17 AM) Balcerzak:

There was a lot of stuff that had gone on before that, but it's vague and unsure.

(3:42:38 AM) Balcerzak:

I had been one of these chosen for a long time, and was trying to keep it from friends/family.

(3:42:58 AM) Kitten:

Certainly the frameworks of a good story/anime that's true :3

(3:43:14 AM) Balcerzak:

I guess I might not have had perfect control, because I'm remembering there being periods of blackout and such, during which I didn't remember anything.

(3:43:57 AM) Balcerzak:

One of them saw me in a bar, and the next thing I knew it was the next evening and I was back in it/still there, and the owner seemed to be dissappointed with me (for being there)

(3:44:09 AM) Kitten:

:(

(3:45:22 AM) Balcerzak:

I tried to get one of my friends to lie for me to cover up to another friend what I'd been doing (I think I'd wanted her to claim that I'd been out with my boyfriend at a drive-in movie, on some sort of double-date with her and hers, but it's a bit hazy)

(3:46:10 AM) Balcerzak:

And I think I've sort of run out of things to remember around this point, except that the news media was really covering things up and being hush-hush about the whole situation.

(3:47:45 AM) Kitten:

Now I almost want to turn that into a story...

(3:47:54 AM) Kitten:

or rather I do, but not sure if I'll get it as right as you did

(3:48:13 AM) Balcerzak:

heh

(3:48:57 AM) Balcerzak:

Also, I'm not sure if I/main character was a woman for the whole dream, or if I'd undergone some sort of unnoticed transformation part-way through.

(3:50:08 AM) Balcerzak:

Sometimes things can just switch perspectives, or rewrite themselves, and I can't really remember if it happened like that or not this time.

(3:50:31 AM) Balcerzak:

And you're silly, you seem like you want to write everything. :P

(20:29:26) Balcerzak:

I had a dream where you showed up the other day. Don't remember much about it, other than it ended with us laying in the snow cuddling for warmth.

(20:30:16) Kitten:

I don't know whether to say that sounds like a good or bad dream, but the end result of cuddling does lean towards good dream, even if we were desperately trying to retain life by leeching the other's body heat

(20:30:28) Balcerzak:

As for dreams not making sense. Often mine have two different kinds of sense. I mean, it seems like it makes sense while you're dreaming it, and maybe it does. And then later when you're awake, you have to repiece things together, and sort of reinterpret, and fill in what you can't remember, so it ends up making different sense.

(20:32:07) Kitten:

Yes

(20:32:40) Balcerzak:

:3

(20:33:35) Balcerzak:

I think it was a reasonable dream. After that it shifted to me being a knight, and there were three princesses, who I had to choose between. One of them was my ex, and I didn't recognize the other two.

(20:34:31) Kitten:

I guess that narrowed it down?

(20:35:13) Balcerzak:

Not exactly, see it was one of those rewindy sort of dreams, and the scenario with my ex played out first. Then the mystery girls, and I woke at the end of it.

(20:36:52) Balcerzak:

*tries to explain better* So, first pass through, I choose what's behind princess #1, then it goes through, ends, and either subconsciously or consciously I'm like, "No, we're doing that over", and then it goes back to some early point, and subtle differences exist, which can build up into not-so-subtle changes.

(20:37:19) Balcerzak:

I don't know if that made any sense.

(20:37:32) Kitten:

So like a dating game!

(20:38:09) Balcerzak:

Well, I guess that's applicable for this situation, but not for some others. In other cases sometimes I switch which protagonist I inhabit.

(20:38:16) Balcerzak:

But the rest is mostly the same.

(20:39:20) Balcerzak:

But yeah, and maybe "Choose Your Own Adventure" would be more generally applicable, cause it's not always just dating. Sometimes it's "I'm battling an enemy and my sword broke: What to do?" sort of things.

(20:41:06) Kitten:

well, I was thinking more of the ability to go back to a save point rather than dating, but yes :3

(20:43:04) Balcerzak:

Fair, I was just clarifying.

(18:19:32) Kitten:

So many weird dreams though

(18:20:02) Balcerzak:

Yeah, I had a weird dream this morning too. It shocked me right awake.

(18:20:08) Kitten:

tell me :-D

(18:20:21) Balcerzak:

I don't remember all of the details, but I was driving a car, trying to get to a destination.

(18:20:47) Balcerzak:

But for some reason I didn't have that good of control, probably because I haven't/hadn't driven for forever.

(18:21:19) Balcerzak:

There was this odd spirally, like a corkscrew, entrance ramp to a highway, that I was driving along.

(18:21:46) Balcerzak:

The first part of it had sort of a rollercoastery feel to it, and it was like it was guardrails in a racing game or something.

(18:21:56) Balcerzak:

But then it became flat, and unprotected.

(18:22:52) Balcerzak:

I'd almost made it to the highway, but then ended up driving over the edge (I think), I closed my eyes at that point. (It's possible I made it safely.) But when I closed my eyes in dream land, I jerked upright in my bed, breathing heavily.

(18:23:01) Balcerzak:

And my mouth was dry and thirsty.

(18:23:12) Balcerzak:

So I went and had a glass of water,

(18:23:16) Balcerzak:

The end.

(18:23:40) Kitten:

;__; *hug*

(18:23:54) Balcerzak:

*hugs back* Thanks.

Woah, that's a lot of quality lecture, Balzac. I might read it...sometime.

I knew this guy who had some really twisted nightmares. One of them being a vivid dream where he saw a friend of his getting murdered. He woke up and was so distressed that he ended up at that guy's house (wasn't that far, appearantly), in his nightclothes, before he calmed down.