Crucial debate about Crimson Flower

timon

Is the Gatekeeper the OG? This may sound like a joke, but I'm actually not sure at all.

To me, I felt like he wasn't, and I thought it was quite obvious too, but I've seen people saying the opposite and claiming that it's quite obvious that he's the same guy. So Byleth asks the question because something is off, our original gatekeeper went with the Church so he had to step in for his twin. Also this one feels a bit raspier in his voice. That's my interpretation, give me yours.

(note: the debate loses a bit of importance as there's actually a new best NPC in this game ("HellooOOOooO" "Tell your friends!")).

11 minutes ago, timon said:

(note: the debate loses a bit of importance as there's actually a new best NPC in this game ("HellooOOOooO" "Tell your friends!")).

You should stay away from Rhea because what you just said is heresy 😄

Gatekeeper-kun is too pure and wholesome to lie so I'd say it really is his twin brother. 

8 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Don't see why he'd lying to you so it must indeeed be a different Gatekeeper in post timeskip Black Eagles.

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You should stay away from Rhea because what you just said is heresy 😄

Gatekeeper-kun is too pure and wholesome to lie so I'd say it really is his twin brother. 

It's not really a lying matter, he wouldn't be lying anyway? It's just that it's really hard to interpret. I don't understand if it's the true gatekeeper talking about his brother or his brother talking about the gatekeeper.

https://imgur.com/a/qVEPQI1

That's why I opened the discussion, when I played I thought "well, RIP gateboi", then I go online and see a bunch of people who are saying that he's "obviously" the same guy and now I have doubts about my own interpretation. Just wanted to hear the opinion of the people here.

EDIT: btw the Dark Merchant is a national treasure

Edited by timon

Here's how the scenario played out in my mind:

- Gatekeeper has a twin brother
- Twin brother is in the Knights of Seiros
- Twin brother isn't anyone special within the Knights of Seiros
- Gatekeeper thinks he has the better job.

It's possible that Gatekeeper's twin brother joined up with the Knights of Seiros at some point in time, while Gatekeeper remains the same chipper guy that my first Byleth married (according to my headcanon).