Prologues in Potential Remakes

Jotari

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

She goes to Manster to search for her nephew, basically. Then the whole Fall of Leonster thing happens which sidetracks her.

Thanks for reminding me! Lachesis' story after the events of Part 1 have always confused me. Her being split up with Diarmuid was also weird, imo.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacred Stones prologue should give more background to Lyon, Eirika and Ephraim relationship because Lyon comes out of blue as well 

On 9/14/2019 at 7:49 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Sigurd, Eldigan, Quan, Ethlyn, Edain, Arvis, Azel, Tailtiu, and Lex's lives at the Academy of Belhalla would be a nice intro to the game. (They all studied there IIRC, but Azel, Tailtiu, Lex, and Ethlyn were probably in a different grade since they're younger.)  

Yeah, most people forgot that Edain was Sigurd's classmate as well. I'd love to see a prologue or dlc following their past in the school. 

FE4's cast badly need some memory prisms ((A crime they didn't return in TH's)), Gray-Tobin like roles for certain characters, personal paralogues like what Three Houses did and base conversations. That would do wonders for this cast.

6 hours ago, Seazas said:

FE4's cast badly need some memory prisms ((A crime they didn't return in TH's)), Gray-Tobin like roles for certain characters, personal paralogues like what Three Houses did and base conversations. That would do wonders for this cast.

Lack of memory prisms in Three Houses never felt all that significant to me. Probably because it never felt like there was anything happening anywhere else in the story...which is sort of a bad thing I guess. I mean the game did have backstory for several characters, but I feel being told was enough. Seeing it wouldn't really have clarified anything.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Lack of memory prisms in Three Houses never felt all that significant to me. Probably because it never felt like there was anything happening anywhere else in the story...which is sort of a bad thing I guess. I mean the game did have backstory for several characters, but I feel being told was enough. Seeing it wouldn't really have clarified anything.

There was plenty of nothing characters only relevant to the timeskip though

Thracia 776 could use the original prologue starring Leif's grandpa, King Calf in the fall of Lenster. See it here on the site.

Also I know this is unlikely considering the DS remakes already came out relatively recently, but I'd really like to see Cornelius's fall, Hardin and Nyna's initial rebellion and how Marth first met Morzas in a future remake.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:25 AM, Mylady said:

Sacred Stones prologue should give more background to Lyon, Eirika and Ephraim relationship because Lyon comes out of blue as well 

Yeah, most people forgot that Edain was Sigurd's classmate as well. I'd love to see a prologue or dlc following their past in the school. 

Edain was also a bow wielder at that time too IIRC. She didn't become a cleric until after she graduated. Edain is the person I'm most interested in during their time at Belhalla. I wonder how different she was.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Thracia 776 could use the original prologue starring Leif's grandpa, King Calf in the fall of Lenster. See it here on the site.

Also I know this is unlikely considering the DS remakes already came out relatively recently, but I'd really like to see Cornelius's fall, Hardin and Nyna's initial rebellion and how Marth first met Morzas in a future remake.

I would think those would fall less as prologues and more like "multi-chaptered DLC campaign". At the least, the prologies from the remakes are about the characters you'd still have (or most of them, in the case of New Mystery) for when Chapter 1 begins.

6 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Edain was also a bow wielder at that time too IIRC. She didn't become a cleric until after she graduated. Edain is the person I'm most interested in during their time at Belhalla. I wonder how different she was.

Depending when she decided to join the clergy to search for her sister, she might've already started in her academy days. She probably did took some bow training; but it's likely she was already focused more on becoming a priestess.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would think those would fall less as prologues and more like "multi-chaptered DLC campaign". At the least, the prologies from the remakes are about the characters you'd still have (or most of them, in the case of New Mystery) for when Chapter 1 begins.

Depending when she decided to join the clergy to search for her sister, she might've already started in her academy days. She probably did took some bow training; but it's likely she was already focused more on becoming a priestess.

I rewatched her reunion scene with Sigurd and all he brings up her decision to be a nun. He said she quit the knighthood to join the nunnery, which makes me believe Edain went to Belhalla to train her archery skills, became a knight, then quit shortly thereafter. Time passes and then FE4 starts. Buttttt this is why Belhalla Academy would be such a good prologue chapter/OVA/SOMETHING. The Oosawa manga also made it seem like the trio were all flirts too so it'll be very interesting to see all of them young.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

What suggests Marth ever met Morzas.

Cornelius's fall would have been better than half of the Archanean saga stories they went with. Shame. I guess doing something that would end in defeat and properly designing a character that has to look not generic was too much effort.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

True, but its something I feel they should add.

55 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What suggests Marth ever met Morzas.

Cornelius's fall would have been better than half of the Archanean saga stories they went with. Shame. I guess doing something that would end in defeat and properly designing a character that has to look not generic was too much effort.

Quotes from the various versions of the game.

Now the dreaded Morzas once again appeared before Marth.

Marth roiled to think such a monster still sat upon his noble father’s throne.

The once again is very clear in the narration and Marth's description also shows he knows and loathes Morzas as an individual.

55 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I had a vague idea for a BS-FE episode involving Cornelius, Cain, Jiol and several other units trying to hold out as long as possible. Jiol would be helpful for a time, but would eventually turn on Cornelius once enough turns had passed.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

29 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

True, but its something I feel they should add.

Quotes from the various versions of the game.

Now the dreaded Morzas once again appeared before Marth.

Marth roiled to think such a monster still sat upon his noble father’s throne.

The once again is very clear in the narration and Marth's description also shows he knows and loathes Morzas as an individual.

I had a vague idea for a BS-FE episode involving Cornelius, Cain, Jiol and several other units trying to hold out as long as possible. Jiol would be helpful for a time, but would eventually turn on Cornelius once enough turns had passed.

Hmm. Seems pretty tenuous. Shadow Dragon's prologue shows us Altea's fall from Marth's perspective and there's no sign of Morzas (unfortunately, though Jiol gets to). I can't see when Marth could have met Morzas with the way it's depicted, unless he was an envoy during peace time or something.

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hmm. Seems pretty tenuous. Shadow Dragon's prologue shows us Altea's fall from Marth's perspective and there's no sign of Morzas (unfortunately, though Jiol gets to). I can't see when Marth could have met Morzas with the way it's depicted, unless he was an envoy during peace time or something.

They could potentially add Morzas to the escape, maybe even a scene involving their escape at sea.

13 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

If they add reclassing feature in Genealogy's remake,  Edain secondary class tree being an Arch Knight would be awesome

18 hours ago, Mylady said:

If they add reclassing feature in Genealogy's remake,  Edain secondary class tree being an Arch Knight would be awesome

And Brigid would have to go Swordmaster. Jamke could channel his inner barbarian an have axe fighter while it'd be sweet to Altenna take up her biological father's roots as a Paladin.

Edited by Jotari

On 9/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, Mylady said:

I really hope a Genealogy remake allows you to pick the starting classes of the characters as a New Game + feature.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I really hope a Genealogy remake allows you to pick the starting classes of the characters as a New Game + feature.

Make Brigid a pegasus knight. Fighting Pirates? Nah, I'd rather just fly away from them all.

FE4 - I'd like to see a snippit of the Isaach campaign with Byron. There's a lot you could cover with this part of the story. Isaach has a very complicated history, and a ton of it happens right before FE4 starts, so it's a period rife for expansion. Alternatively, Eldigan, Quan and Sigurd being pals in the academy for a few short chapters would be a good way to establish all of their characters and the rest of the cast who also studied there.

FE5 - Sacking of Leinster. Or show Raydrik being an actual character and maybe a decent person back when he was comrades with Leif's grandfather. You could go either way with this one. Raydrik betraying everyone and being an instrument of Leinster's downfall seems more likely, given that it's an actual event that happens and not something hypothetical like him loyally serving Leif's granpda.

FE6 - This one kind of feels unnecessary, since FE7 kind of serves as one big prologue.

FE7 - Also kind of drawing a blank here. I think a DIIIIISTANT flashback showing the Legends and Nergal during the Scouring could work. It might be a bit on the nose with the lead up to Nergal being Nils and Ninian's father if he spends a bunch of the flashback fawning over his dragon wife, or freaking out that she's missing. But it could be a very neat flashback to set the stage for everything that happens in FE6 and 7.

Edited by Slumber

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

FE4 - I'd like to see a snippit of the Isaach campaign with Byron. There's a lot you could cover with this part of the story. Isaach has a very complicated history, and a ton of it happens right before FE4 starts, so it's a period rife for expansion. Alternatively, Eldigan, Quan and Sigurd being pals in the academy for a few short chapters would be a good way to establish all of their characters and the rest of the cast who also studied there.

FE5 - Sacking of Leinster. Or show Raydrik being an actual character and maybe a decent person back when he was comrades with Leif's grandfather. You could go either way with this one. Raydrik betraying everyone and being an instrument of Leinster's downfall seems more likely, given that it's an actual event that happens and not something hypothetical like him loyally serving Leif's granpda.

FE6 - This one kind of feels unnecessary, since FE7 kind of serves as one big prologue.

FE7 - Also kind of drawing a blank here. I think a DIIIIISTANT flashback showing the Legends and Nergal during the Scouring could work. It might be a bit on the nose with the lead up to Nergal being Nils and Ninian's father if he spends a bunch of the flashback fawning over his dragon wife, or freaking out that she's missing. But it could be a very neat flashback to set the stage for everything that happens in FE6 and 7.

Not necessarily. It could be obfuscated rather well by just not clarifying that she's a dragon. I think it'd work even better if she's never even shown, only referred to without full context, so the only thing the player can gather is that she's someone (and given the context of the war, people will naturally erroneously assume a human) important to her, with her role in the plot being her death starting him on his path of darkness.

I think FE6 could have a fun prologue with the main cast as kids like in Echoes. Except this time its their entrance exam into the Ostian academy with Eliwood and Hector as the judges. Eliwood would give his tutorial instructions calmly and factual while Hector is freaking out since his Lilina is fighting and would either need to be held back from charging in if she takes damage or stop instructing and cheer loudly if she wins battles. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think FE6 could have a fun prologue with the main cast as kids like in Echoes. Except this time its their entrance exam into the Ostian academy with Eliwood and Hector as the judges. Eliwood would give his tutorial instructions calmly and factual while Hector is freaking out since his Lilina is fighting and would either need to be held back from charging in if she takes damage or stop instructing and cheer loudly if she wins battles. 

I would pay big money to see Overprotective Daddy Hector in a prologue for a potential FE6 remake XP

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I would pay big money to see Overprotective Daddy Hector in a prologue for a potential FE6 remake XP

Should have been what happened in the heroes Valentine's day special, but instead they chose to go sexy younger Hector.