If there was a FE4 remake...

VincentASM

Not sure if this is a tired topic yet, but I'd like to hear people's thoughts anyway. Basically, what would you like a FE4 remake to be like?

I'd assume, myself, if there was a remake, that it would be for the DS. Of course, most of the ideas would probably work on the Wii or future consoles, but with better graphics and etc.

I would actually be pretty happy if they just did something akin to what FE11 did for FE1- basically, enhancement of the graphics/sound and making certain aspects of the gameplay more similar to recent titles (like using Strength for Attack Speed so Axes don't fail so much, and possibly implementing non-fixed weapon ranks). I'd have to say "no" to Class Swap and whacked-out gaiden requirements though ^^;;;

Maybe also throw in some FE Binary-esque elements into the mix, like dual promotions. Yeah, they were pretty flawed in FE8, but they could actually work great here. For instance, you have the classes of both the parents and the children to consider (which is something that I really liked about FE Binary, although I never did much testing with this- all I needed was a Skasaher that could use Axes : P).

It would be pretty amusing to see the CG movie of the end of the first generation, if it was a console remake.

A lot of CGs and Seiyuus are in order.

A Jihad remake needs to keep the key core items such as blood, plot, and characters... I'm afraid of what they might do to the storyline if it were released outside of Japan... or even remade at all.

• The return of badass Shooting Star, Hero Sword, and Anger
  • Pursuit would be nice to have as a default skill but I can do without it too
  • Fixed weapon ranks I guess could count for Holy Blood Carriers, while the rest of the guys can have the freedom of using which other weapon they want minus the Holy and second to strongest weapons (Holsety, Tornado, etc.)
  • Keep the blacksmith and limited weapons to keep the guaranteed 100* Weapons
  • Pocket gold can stay
  • More character dept in 2nd Gen specifically

There's probably more, and I might have some problems with class branching, but I can't think of any real reasons at the moment.

Yeah, more character depth would be very nice...I don't dare hope for the awesome FE9 system, but at least the GBA ones would be nice, and it's easy to combine with the lover system (oh god don't take it away).

More varied graphics and animations would be cool (they had like 6 different crit animations for swordfighters, but only one mounted lance critical, one mounted sword critical, etc...I thought this was really lame).

Basically, fix what is broken, get the good features in there from the later games, and leave the rest.

The best fix they could give to FE4 is to give everyone on your team +15 move so that the game is somewhat playable.

In all seriousness though, I'd change the money/item system (being forced to use a stupid pawn shop as a middleman so that everybody gets ripped off is not fun) and I would include a hard mode where enemy stats are increased.

If we really want to be liberal with the changes made, I suppose adding characters might be nice, since there really aren't enough, and certainly not enough variety inbetween the ones you have....

I think that Thracia 776 and the Sword of Seals are superior games in every way. I'd rather those get remade honestly.

Pretty much what I want are already been said, so I'll just add this one.

Do not touch the drama.

Let the story stay as dark and twisted. More characters in deapth are good, but don't take away the drama. I don't want to see FE4 loses one of it's incest pairings.

Shame on you Vince

Some kind of class swapping/promotion branching/inheritance tweaking in the 2nd generation would be quite awesome. I'm mainly thinking about wasted Holy Weapons, here (hi Valkyrie staff).

Best idea: pull a sorta Monshou idea: Book I and Book II, although, likely, the Book II wouldn't be a direct sequel.

That's what I'd want.

But the inheritance system is the most awesome thing in Seisen. ;_;

Shame on you Vince

Some kind of class swapping/promotion branching/inheritance tweaking in the 2nd generation would be quite awesome. I'm mainly thinking about wasted Holy Weapons, here (hi Valkyrie staff).

But the inheritance system is the most awesome thing in Seisen. ;_;

True, they should at least add some option that allows you to go straight into second gen for a substitute playthrough after you beat the game.

If that option already did exist, then disregard this comment for I've beaten the game but never saw anything past the whole "Goodbye Celice" thing at the end where all the couples head off to their domain (since the game always freezes at that point).

Pretty much what I want are already been said, so I'll just add this one.

Do not touch the drama.

Let the story stay as dark and twisted. More characters in deapth are good, but don't take away the drama. I don't want to see FE4 loses one of it's incest pairings.

i have the horrible feeling that if the game were to be released outside of Japan, it would be censored to the point of being meaningless at least in the US

DX

i have the horrible feeling that if the game were to be released outside of Japan, it would be censored to the point of being meaningless at least in the US

DX

Unfortunately, even I feel the same way. ;_;

But without the drama, FE4 wouldn't feel like FE4.

Unfortunately, even I feel the same way. ;_;

But without the drama, FE4 wouldn't feel like FE4.

Is it really that bad in the US? I never realized.

I don't know how much the plot will be altered for a European release, although I highly doubt there will ever be one.

-The obvious thing of changing the portraits of same-portraited bosses.

-The movie sequences!!

-More drama in the second half

-As said by many, more character developement

-Recruit some more fe5-characters

Who said remove the system :P Include a remake of the first game, and then an entirely new game based directly or loosely on the first.

The Book II idea could work incredibly well and incredibly bad.

Too bad all of the bad guys got killed off. Maybe some bad person related to Claude steels the Valkyrie staff.

And now I got my hopes up :(

-The obvious thing of changing the portraits of same-portraited bosses.

I almost forgot about that.

A remake of the original AND another different version of the game? With both generations in it, right? In one game?

It could go either way, really. I know I wouldn't mind, but if they can only have one, then for god's sake, please let it stay true to the original. ;_; I'm afraid to how bad it might be butchered if it were released anywhere really...

I thought of more (I will get mauled for saying this):

• Get rid of the Valkyrie Staff. Period.
  • More larger chapters
  • 30/30 levels is too few; give me three two promotions

Oh, and same-sex support conversations. (It doesn't HAVE to be lover supports :rolleyes: )

I thought of more (I will get mauled for saying this):
  • Get rid of the Valkyrie Staff. Period.
  • More larger chapters
  • 30/30 levels is too few; give me three two promotions

Oh, and same-sex support conversations. (It doesn't HAVE to be lover supports :rolleyes: )

I couldn't say I agree on discarding the Valkyrie Staff, some people might need it, especially if they are going to add more chapters.

More chapter is a yes! Personally I think that 12 chapters are too short for 2 generations. =/

More level indeed! Or at least make them start from Lv.1 again after promotion.

Give you 2 promotions? Like in FE10 you mean?

Agree, there are suppose to be some supports for male/male characters. Lovers only relationships can be a bit boring.

The super long chapters were always a source of boredom for me, so I wouldn't mind seeing them cut down a little. I think pursuit would have to hit the road, too. I never liked the idea of needing a special skill to double attack.

The super long chapters were always a source of boredom for me, so I wouldn't mind seeing them cut down a little. I think pursuit would have to hit the road, too. I never liked the idea of needing a special skill to double attack.

Super long chapters were what made me love this game.

Pursuit was, I think, just a skill made to value certain characters over others. I don't have any preferences over game mechanics, since each is good in its own way, but I actually find that this game has the most interesting set of rules.