• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, for starters, Byron's survival seems to be entirely up to the RNG. Either I toss units at the enemies and risk losing them, or I let Byron go too far and risk losing him. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. At least I can revive my own units with Valkyria... Except I was too cautious, so now I have to reset and do all the arena again. Urgh... Good thing it's not that much. Didn't really bother with most of my units, they've got more money than they'll ever use and no need for experience.

EDIT: Okay, no, actually, you can just lure one enemy away and then the entire squad disbands. Disregard this post.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

Everybody gangsta until the cute blue-haired girl gets a +9 attack/evade buff and overrides every song on the board

And then she faces a double roll accelerator Suguri with 24 evasion xD

Or a +9 Nath

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Er... it gets worse.

Story-wise, anyway. Frankly, I'd call this a fairly decent desert.

...Or maybe it's just that, knowing how it ends, I'm well past the point of caring. I'm just letting the massacre take place. Dew, Taillte and Holyn have all fallen. I might revive Holyn, he's useful, but the other two might as well stay dead. Lachesis and Ayra will also have to die before the end of the chapter, but if I'm swift enough, Bridget might be spared. We'll see.

Also, I gotta have Sylvia talk to Alec to witness the beginnings of anime in Fire Emblem.

Alec got his wife's name wrong. He called her Syliva. A typo of the translation, of course, but it's funny.

Also, what was so bad about this, again? He told her to stop acting like a child because she's a mother now, and she reminded him that that part's his fault, then made him promise that he'll return alive from the war. I... really don't see what the horrible part is. I mean, if you really want to go down that path you can accuse him of things based on that "stop acting like a child" thing, but I think it's too much of a stretch.

Maybe the new translation just changed things up... How did it go in the old one?

Also, I think I may've fucked up royally. Sigurd is 1000 gold away from fixing Tyrfing, but I screwed up and gave Ayra the last village because I was impatient. With Dew dead, giving him gold isn't an option either... He needs to win an arena battle. Except his odds of beating Nazarre are microscopic, so I'm going to have to sit here for hours just pressing A and praying. The silver sword is in such bad condition that I can't even sell it for 1000.

Fucking hell... Am I really gonna have to face Reptor without Tyrfing because of 1000 gold? Is this really what this has come to?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot and forgot that you can partially fix something for less gold. 49 uses... Thank God.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Holy shit, what a massacre. Dew, Holyn, Lex, Taillte, Bridget, Lachesis, Ayra... All dead. Barely anyone made it to the Reptor area. Then Azel and Lewyn both gave their lives to stall for enough time that Sigurd could finish Reptor off.

Ah, well, who cares. Aideen and Alecia live still, and that's all that matters. On to gen 2.

Erin is still alive and married to Lewyn

...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU well, time to stall for time so she can fly down to Reptor and get killed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao

The humor in that game is gold haha

Yep, that's why i whipped it out, you see it and just have to smile! It brings out the laugh in you, whether you try to surpress it or not!

Finally, goodness. Reptor's dead. The Erin scare almost cost me everything (sure cost Claude his life, at any rate), but I was able to solo him with Sigurd with relative ease, thanks to Aideen's heals. And now it's time for my 8 remaining guys to go and greet Arvis. What a disaster that whole chapter was, jeez.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I think I may've fucked up royally. Sigurd is 1000 gold away from fixing Tyrfing, but I screwed up and gave Ayra the last village because I was impatient. With Dew dead, giving him gold isn't an option either... He needs to win an arena battle. Except his odds of beating Nazarre are microscopic, so I'm going to have to sit here for hours just pressing A and praying. The silver sword is in such bad condition that I can't even sell it for 1000.

Fucking hell... Am I really gonna have to face Reptor without Tyrfing because of 1000 gold? Is this really what this has come to?

Everyone... has their own separate amount of gold?

I didn't mention this last night but I just wanna talk about how much of an asshole Kalas is. It's not that he's insufferable or anything but when this guy decides to be rude as fuck, he makes Luke from Tales of the Abyss look like a nice guy. One of the first things this guy does is meet the heroine of the story, notice that she's mourning the deaths of her lifelong companions and instead of comforting her or anything, he just loots their corpses. And when Xelha gets understandably angry about it, Kalas just deadass goes

nd3l0v67ytw31.jpg

Or in a more recent scene from my perspective:

"The castle is under attack! We need to get in there and save the king from being killed!"

Kalas: "damn that's crazy but show me the part where that's my problem".

Only reason he's even on this quest is because the main antagonistic force is connected to his family's murderer. That and the party members have to force him into it.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's the only non-boss battle theme in game, but considering how good it is, I'm not complaining that there isn't another. A strong drumming backbeat, a violin that adds builds up the composition and adds gracefulness along with the piano, some synth.

So it's like Xenosaga 1, except the battle theme actually rocks (and also Baten Kaitos actually has an OST). I really liked the electric guitar remix used for some boss fights as well

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Smash needs it

We got The Valedictory Elegy at least (even if it is slightly remixed).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew, Taillte and Holyn have all fallen. I might revive Holyn, he's useful, but the other two might as well stay dead. Lachesis and Ayra will also have to die before the end of the chapter, but if I'm swift enough, Bridget might be spared. We'll see.

Rubeino when he kills off Gen 1 before Arvis does

9aecccnorpdy.jpg

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmmm

i wonder how emulating SMG/2 with a switch pro controller will be like.

Well I would say the same as playing Galaxy 1 on 3D All-Stars but idk.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Everyone... has their own separate amount of gold?

This video is actually a good explanation of Genealogy's core mechanics, while keeping things spoiler-free, IIRC.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

9aecccnorpdy.jpg

Ha.

Morning, everyone.

807469437900030002.png?v=1

Also, what was so bad about this, again? He told her to stop acting like a child because she's a mother now, and she reminded him that that part's his fault, then made him promise that he'll return alive from the war. I... really don't see what the horrible part is. I mean, if you really want to go down that path you can accuse him of things based on that "stop acting like a child" thing, but I think it's too much of a stretch.

It's moreso treated as a joke, rather than being outright terrible. I thought you might think it a bad one.

People mentioned Dew/Lachesis and yeah it would have been worse.

And now it's time for my 8 remaining guys to go and greet Arvis. What a disaster that whole chapter was, jeez.

Who survived besides Arden/Aideen?

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

9aecccnorpdy.jpg

Ruben be like

Spoiler
1eyujy6h o

Anyway, it's time for gen 2! With such classic, beloved characters as... Radney, and Rod... Rodle-- Rodolbahn...!?

Rodney. Radney and Rodney. Rolls right off the tongue. Where in blazes is Oifey? He's the only one I care about.

Dang it, I got ninja'd by Dayni.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's moreso treated as a joke, rather than being outright terrible. I thought you might think it a bad one.

People mentioned Dew/Lachesis and yeah it would have been worse.

I can see how I'd find that worse. The 12 year old having a kid with the incestuous adult... That's all sorts of wrong.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Who survived besides Arden/Aideen?

Alec and Sylvia, Jamke, Noish, Midir and Beowulf.

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This video is actually a good explanation of Genealogy's core mechanics, while keeping things spoiler-free, IIRC.

I could watch that.

Orrr I could join the Genealogy hype train with no idea what to expect and curse Kaga under my breath every five minutes.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I didn't mention this last night but I just wanna talk about how much of an asshole Kalas is. It's not that he's insufferable or anything but when this guy decides to be rude as fuck, he makes Luke from Tales of the Abyss look like a nice guy. One of the first things this guy does is meet the heroine of the story, notice that she's mourning the deaths of her lifelong companions and instead of comforting her or anything, he just loots their corpses. And when Xelha gets understandably angry about it, Kalas just deadass goes

Rewatching that scene, yeah, it felt worse than I remember. Maybe because I'm not so naive and innocently open to things now. Not the best early impression.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

There she is. The daughter of Arden. With her mother's 1-use physic and her broken sleep. At the very least, warp ought to save me some headaches later on. Shame I lost fortify, though. Aideen had it, but Lana couldn't use it, so she just... threw it away, I guess?